Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

good morning

well another hot and muggy day here,if the humidity would abate just abit,it would be wonderful

another yard day,but will try and get out to the stores on the early side

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooh chocolate chip cookies ummm. I made a double batch of oatmeal raisin yesterday, baked off a couple dozen, and have the dough for a couple more dozen in the fridge for now, lol. The will go fast, I was really please with them this time, as i used parchment paper on the baking sheet, and they came out so cute, plump and round, and moist, good cookies, lol Good luck with yours bgs, i know they will be a good hit, lol

as for weather, hot here, overcast, which keeps the heat down a bit, and the heat in the house down as well, where there is no sun shining in.. Don't get me wrong, Max the cat and I like the sun coming in, but not on these super hot days we will have coming up soon... Tomorrow is the first day of summer!! wow, that came fast!!  take a deep breath owlvamp, lol and relax a bit!!

no yard work for me today, i think handyman did water this am, and did a neighbors that he planted some tomato plants for the other day, she is older and seems hard for her to do that, so he goes down every day or so, and waters her flowers, and her vegies,lol she is a character that one!! She is always smiling, and has a funny story to tell!! They most usually involve one or more, or her precious babies, she has four cats, and Fred, is the resident king of them, lol  HOwever he is yeilding a bit to the young lady she just accquired not to long ago, and is bending on his strict king of the house rules for her, lol those little females, they do rule the roost, lol

as for what I am working on, found this lone big ball of a baby color varg. and decided to use it up, lol on a ghan for a baby, using some pink,some blue and some aran color with it.. I had a bit of trouble matching the white or off white in the varigated, but the aran color I have is almost a perfect match, RHSS of course. Im about half way done with it, will just keep going, till i run out of the varg. as that is the only thing i don['t have more of, lol

I heard from ann, she is not online much she says, but wishes the best for all of you here on the thread, and I told her we think about her often, and enjoy whenever she has time, her posts!!

ok, well, gotta run, have a good one!!

So, with that, and cleaning a bit today, and I think we decided on chicken noodle soup,and chicken sandwichs for dinner tonight as we have some chicken to use up in the fridge, so soup and sandwichs, and maybe a salad,and some oatmeal cookies for desert,lol, so that is planned for llater.

allf or now, talk to you all soon, enjoy you weekend,and Happy Father's day to all those fathers out there too!!!

Those cookies sound yum-o, Katyallen! Pretty quiet weekend around here which is nice, lol. Back to ballet camps next week with the girls which equals tons of driving for me. lol Hope everyone is doing okay!

Hello!

I've had a fun couple of days with my daughter and her family. My son-in-law was attending a conference in Orlando on Friday so we all drove up very early Friday morning and checked into a Disney resort. My daughter, grandkids and I hung out at the resort pool during the day. In the evening we all went to Downtown Disney to do a little shopping. Today we spent a few hours at Typhoon Lagoon before driving back to their house. The grandkids will be going home with me tomorrow for a couple weeks. Its going to be a busy but fun couple of weeks. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Hi all. Having a really bad week. My Grandma had fallen in her kitchen day before yesterday and she was taken to the hospital. They sent her home with an arm sling and said they would call with MRI results yesterday. Mom mom called me yesterday morning and said my Gran had passed away in her sleep. They are thinking she had internal bleeding that had been missed at the hospital. Could you all please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

I know sissy, I miss her too. I love you!

Hi all! It looks like I've been away for a while, but hopefully I'm back for good now. Things have been pretty crazy lately, as immafreek said, our grandma has passed away. Hopefully things will begin to look up soon.

On another note, if this password manages to stick, I'll hopefully be back for good! Been trying to crochet, but I lost my last hook again...I have to go find another one >.< oh well...

I hope everyone is well and :hugs for all!

Good Morning.

Welcome back KatieBug.

Enjoying my coffee and watching the grandkids play. We will be going to church this morning and then we'll be heading to my house. Hope everyone has a great day.

Good to see you back,KatieBug,a number of times I wondered where you were.

I didn't keep up with my waters yesterday,today feel like a slow moving slug

this humidity has got to break soon, Ya listening Mother Nature??

hi all, and welcome back to the fold Katiebug!! I am sending good thoughts and prayers to the universe up there, in order for your family to heal from your loss, so sorry for that.. Keep her in your heart, and she will never really be gone. I lost my grandma years ago, and it seems although the hurt fades a bit, I really do still miss her so much!

To all else, hope your day is going as well as Carol's , lol, and not humid and hot like Pineknotts, but full of fun and good vibes!! I am expecting daughter and son in law over later on, for lunch, dinner, liner or dunch, lol, whatever, so that will be good, and I know she will bring some movies I haven't seen yet, soooo. that is the day so far...

Iam done with another scarf, just in time to post it on stashbusting, lol, so that is good, and that is all i probably will work on today, at least while the kids are here anyway.

well,gotta go and get some breakfast,ihave been up since about 6, so getting hungry now, see you all later on, have a good day, and spoil those fathers out there!!

Thank you all, ladies. It is greatly appreciated!

Pineknot, I've really just been kinda around. I was working there for a while, and now I'm looking again. My last boss and I really didn't along, is the best way to put it.

Hopefully I'll be hooking again soon! I think I might know where my hook went...at least I hope it's there! One of the kiddos got ahold of it and now I can't find it =( gonna look while Baby Bug is laying down. Or whenever she goes to bed tonight, depending. Lol

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi, I am just to see how everyone is doing.  Just need prayer. My knee  has  infection in behind the knee cap. Can't hardly walk. Go to DR. on 25th.  On crutches, right now. Just letting you know whats going on with me. I finally get the headaches, dizzy spells under control. Now my knee has to act up.  I will keep you posted. Hope everyone is doing better than me. Well since I can't get up and walk. Got a lot of stuff to crochet. Got 1 Giant Cupcakes, 1 dog. 1 Puppy.  Take care everyone,  :ghug

katiebug is still collecting squares to any and all of you looking for something to do, lol, Any size, and any colors I think she said, might be good to pm her though, to make sure, I think that is what she mentioned, but who can trust my memory anymore, lol

Poor snowbear, best wishes for a speedy knee-covery!!! those knees are prone to things going wrong sometimes!!

Hi Lacey, good to see you checking in too!!
and carol, and linda, and lauren, and nikki, and Maggi and bgs, lol and all else I  might have missed!!! have a grand evening, we had a very pleasant day with the daughter and sil, and daughter and i planned a whole bbq for the fouth, lol in between bites, and movies, lol   we are set..

All for now, more tomorrow though, and have a good monday!!

We went blackberry picking in my parents' backyard today. Almost three quarts of berries! Little Viking ate nearly a pint of them while we were still picking though. :lol Almost all of them came home with us so we'll be making some goodies in the next few days for sure!

post-62070-0-73844100-1434935545_thumb.jpg

Happy birthday kimgoodie and sopo!

katiebug glad to see you"re back, sorry about your grandma

snowbear hope your knee gets better soon.

viking looks like a nice batch of blackberries.  I hope we get some this year.  It's usually so hot and dry they just don't do much but they have had plenty of rain this year.  The gooseberries are nice sized this year.  I picked some today because dad is wanting a gooseberry pie.  

They said I made the right decision in making cookies for the picnic. It was hot but we had a nice breeze.  The lake was much closer to the shelter house than usual (its too bad the parking isn't as close--you can drive down to unload and load things but the parking area is a pretty good hike uphill). Some camping sites, picnic tables, parts of the trail and parts of the access road were under water. That poor area got 4 more inches of rain on Sun along with baseball sized hail.  After the picnic we stopped by to mow dad's yard.  Since he wasn't feeling like going out this weekend my sister brought hamburgers and vegetables to grill at his house Sat evening.  We stayed home until late Sun afternoon because of bad weather-----especially wind and hail.  They were saying it was going to be dangerous to be outside and on the road. The storms weakened by the time they got to our house but had we gone out we would have been in the middle of it.  

Well company is officially back in Florida and my house is back to mine and the hooks and yarn and laptop are all back out and in use! We had fun, but 5 extra people including 2 children (1 unmedicated ADHD) is a whole lot of chaos I'm not used to and I think I need to sleep for a week to catch back up and get my nerves back to an acceptable level! Lol 

I've been keeping up with my reading though and i know there are things I wanted to respond to and now I don't know what they were.  :think

I did manage to get 2 squares on the Uncle Sam afghan (almost) completely finished and I've started on a 3rd. There's only 12 squares on the ghan, so I think that's pretty good progress. I'm still hoping to get birthday squares out this week, probably late though. 

Today we went to Walmart and tomorrow is Costco and a nap!  :yes I think I'm headed to bed now, so I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully I'll remember what I wanted to say.  :D  Hope everyone had a good Monday!  :hug

Good Morning

well,so far this year,this is to be the hottest day near 100,heat index around 109

big storms later,they are saying like the Midwest had,yikes

stay safe everyone

I know sissy, I miss her too. I love you!

I take it you two are related? Sisters? Sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you all.

Good morning!

Still a lot going on here. I don't believe it ever calms down here.

Yesterday my neighbor came across the road for me to cut their weiners nails. Then daughter spotted a flea while in the living room with her. I said outside and will trim the nails there. I have dogs and no fleas knock on wood. i stay right up on that. So I got the flea pick and this poor baby was covered in them. We finished up and told the boy to go straight home and give her a bath in dawn. Dawn kills fleas right away. So they also have two boxers. Both I bet reach a 100 lbs. No big deal. He brought one of tthem over to my sidewalk for me to flea pick him. OMG i went to swipe just a little and probably got hundreds of fleas. I told the boy we need to go to your yard. I don't want fleas. So off across the street we went and I suggested a bath first in dawn. My daughters eyes got so big when I showed them each how many fleas this poor dog had. I bet he has millions. So we were putting water on him and i gentley was rubbing his chest and he tried to bite my face. I moved just in time but he bit my finger twice and also bit my daughters arm. We helped get the soap off him while the young man hes about 18 was holding his head. I told him to take him inside and give him areally good bath. Just the litlle bit of dawn we put on him you should of seen the fleas that floated to the top. I have never seen a case this bad. I can imagine what the other dog had. Just wetting him you should of seen the water. It was red. I feel so bad for those dogs. But not helping with the other dog. My finger is so sore this morning. I pulled his tooth out of it. Daughter just got grazed. I will go get Bug be gone to spread over the yard just to make sure. I did the carpet in the living room where we started off with the bitty dog. Then picked all my babies last night. No fleas. Thank goodness!!

I have been getting bit around the ankles,being out in the yard,we don't have any animals

but I guess that doesn't mean we can't have fleas in the grass

when we had the cats,we kept on top of the flea treatments,wow,you learn something new everyday,didn't know Dawn killed fleas

owlvamp just reading your post gives me the heebie jeebies.  I loved it when the stuff came out to put on dogs and cats for ticks and fleas. I hated havnig to pick ticks off the dogs.   Even though our cat rarely goes outside I still treat her because I figure we could carry them in the house to her.  A couple of years ago she acted really wierd one night----fussy and agitated like something was crawling on her.  I couldn't find anything but she was okay in a few hours.  Guess it took that long for the Frontline to kill whatever was bothering her.  

pineknott the chiggars chew the heck out of my ankles

Well guess its going to storm some more.  The last clap of thunder was really loud.  Now its pouring down rain.  

Archived