Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

hi hi,looks like a go on the biggest  squares in July and Aug, so Ill get that new info up on the first post as soon as all  of the nominess check in with confirmed addys, and prefs!!  You can still voice your yay or nay, but things are firming up fast it seems so all of you that have voted positive, have probably got it!! lol, including me, I thought this was a great way to make our newbies feel good, lol..

what else, oh, still haven't got the afghan and th scarves up, and just finished up about 10 grannys, for my reserve box, lol all sizes, used up some more balls, gotta post that too, dang, so much to do, so little time!! We are glad to have you back glitter, and all that joined after too, we are growing and with that, completing more ghans too, yay, another plus!!

Ok, talk to you all later, have a good one!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They got the mirror in for the suv a couple of days earlier than they expected so we got to pick it up this morning. We both spent the afternoon mowing---I mowed the field and trimmed some tree limbs while dh used the push mower and weed eater.  Then he did the rest of the mowing. It's cloudy but humid out.   My face was beet red and it feels like there are some welts on it.  Guess its about time to fix supper 

katy biggest squares for July and Aug sounds good to me too.  

I just my share of clearing unwanted things,like chest high mums,no not happening this year,they are outta here

next to go is what I consider death flowers,others think they are beautiful and arrange them in vases,shivers!!! those would be gladiolas.I am totally covered in mosquito bites,but a little itch is okay,I have satisfaction

Hi all. Having a really bad week. My Grandma had fallen in her kitchen day before yesterday and she was taken to the hospital. They sent her home with an arm sling and said they would call with MRI results yesterday. Mom mom called me yesterday morning and said my Gran had passed away in her sleep. They are thinking she had internal bleeding that had been missed at the hospital. Could you all please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. What horrible news. :( I'll be thinking of you....

I keep forgetting to say that I sent a puffy out for sopo on Saturday; should be there soon! I forgot to add the card that I usually do; I was all excited to have finished the square (especially since it inspired a new project for me) and I packed it in the envelope, and thought "No, wait! I can't seal it yet because I haven't written the card yet!" So I didn't seal it. And then I wrote the addresses on it so it would be all ready to go... and then I sealed it up and covered it with packing tape.  :embar Sorry about that!

I keep forgetting to say that I sent a puffy out for sopo on Saturday; should be there soon! I forgot to add the card that I usually do; I was all excited to have finished the square (especially since it inspired a new project for me) and I packed it in the envelope, and thought "No, wait! I can't seal it yet because I haven't written the card yet!" So I didn't seal it. And then I wrote the addresses on it so it would be all ready to go... and then I sealed it up and covered it with packing tape.  :embar Sorry about that!

I've done that so many times!! 

Just a quick check in tonight... I ran a couple of errands today, got my Father's Day card in the mail and ran by Target for some makeup. I'm hoping Dad's cards make it to him because his mail runs a little slow where he is. 

I spent the afternoon and evening finishing up Ms. Huggy Bunny, posted over here in Show and Tell. Now I'm working on the Uncle Sam afghan and I've got big plans for a baby ghan for the state fair. We'll see what I think when I finish Uncle Sam. 

Here's a question... The fair guidelines have one of the crochet categories as "afghan stitch with applied design." I've emailed the competition coordinator asking, but haven't heard anything so I figured I'd ask here too... What do you all think that means? An afghan with a cross stitch design across it? An afghan with a crocheted applique design on it?  :think If you don't categorize your item correctly, it won't be judged and we can't have that! Anybody have any thoughts?

Off now to get another Uncle Sam square started... hope everyone has a good night!  :ghug

oh viking, you make me laugh, lol I have done that many time, and sometimes end up slicing open the puffy again, and retaping, after inserting said card, lol

And I love that rainbow border!!!\

Pineknot, you blow my mind with the assortment of flowers you have, wow, what a treat to the eye it must be!!! sorry bout the skeeter bites though lol, as we called them when we were young!!!

Bgs, poor baby, mowing mowing, but you make a good team, you and dh, you probably got so hot out there, I hope you wear a sunhat doing that!! Im blonde,and fair, so when i get too much sun, it's just painful, i wear sunscreen most of the time, or a visor hat when working outside.

getting ready to call it a day, and lie down and watch the tube, till I fall asleep.. so, see ya all tomorrow!!!

Good Morning!

I'm hanging out at my daughter's today so I probably won't get much crocheting done today since there are 2 little people here who like to keep me busy. Hope everyone has a great day.

immafreak, so sorry about your grandmother. will be praying for your family. 

pineknot, they say johnson and johnson baby oil gel (it's in green tube container) really works for keeping mosquitos away. 

vikinggirl, no worries about the card. thanks for the puffy and I'll be sure to post pics as soon as it gets here. i've been not getting as much mail as norma (invoices still not here) :(  and wondering if the flooding has something to do with it. another 7" today and flooded roads plus a rock slide on the interstate not far off. 

katie, you've been busy as always. brenda, glad you got your mirror in.

yarnmonkey, your huggy bunny is adorable. :)

And hello and have  a good day to all that I missed.  i think 'm going to go slap an icy hot patch on my shoulder and hook some more. my daughter brought me a ninja this morning for my bday (not till Monday) and I love it. I had bought one for my 'friend' at Christmas but we never used it so I was wanting one. I've had a smoothie and a strawberry daiquiri (non alcoholic) already today. :) 

immafreak, so sorry about your grandmother. will be praying for your family. 

pineknot, they say johnson and johnson baby oil gel (it's in green tube container) really works for keeping mosquitos away. 

vikinggirl, no worries about the card. thanks for the puffy and I'll be sure to post pics as soon as it gets here. i've been not getting as much mail as norma (invoices still not here) :(  and wondering if the flooding has something to do with it. another 7" today and flooded roads plus a rock slide on the interstate not far off. 

katie, you've been busy as always. brenda, glad you got your mirror in.

yarnmonkey, your huggy bunny is adorable. :)

And hello and have  a good day to all that I missed.  i think 'm going to go slap an icy hot patch on my shoulder and hook some more. my daughter brought me a ninja this morning for my bday (not till Monday) and I love it. I had bought one for my 'friend' at Christmas but we never used it so I was wanting one. I've had a smoothie and a strawberry daiquiri (non alcoholic) already today. :)

If I put Avon's skin so soft on,that usually repels them,but I was just so in the zone of getting those overgrown plants out,it just slipped my mind,and when the sun went down they were hungry,lol

sopo glad you checked in today.  Last night I saw on the news where OK was getting hammered with more rain some places as muich as 10 inches.  

pineknott sounds like you should have your flowers whipped into shape soon.   I need to reclaim some of my flower beds.  Seems like I run out of time and energy before I get to them.  Perennials need thinned out, grapevines and trees are taking over.  I guess you are right about gladiolas but I have always thought they were pretty----probably because my grandmother had them.  I saw them in her garden before I saw them at funerals.   They eventually die out here depending on how cold the winter gets----we are supposed to dig them up in the fall and replant in the spring.  Dad has been having us cut his mums back right now so they don't get tall.  

yarn-monkey huggy bunny is cute.  On the fair catagory I believe there is actually an "afghan stitch".  I can't remember if it is similiar or the same as tunisian.  Anyway an afghan for that catagory would need to made using the afghan stitch.  

viking I love that border

Last night they said our humidity was 91% and it was going to feel like a sauna around here for sometime with the temps climbing into the 90's.  No wonder I got so hot out.  katy, I have to be careful out in the sun too or its the burn, blister, and peel.  I have to wear a hat or sunglasses or else bright sun blinds me.  I always say the normal skin color of my legs is fishbelly white.  

good day all!!

and it ws a rainy day here in old omaha today, temps are mild, in the mid 70's I guess, so easy on the ac unit,lol..

I heard from snowbear, yay, she is honored to be a part of biggest square, as was Maggi, and Tribble,and yarn scrapper!!

For Yarn scrpper, we decided on a Card Party, post card or card is fine, she would love that, as she is not collecting right now...Where does on find a post card of their city or somthing like that these days???????

So, have not yet heard from sharbysyd, but Im keeping my fingers crossed, lol..

I will draw the names, after she checks in,and says yes, she wants to be a Biggest Square,lol

Oh,I finally got to posting in the proper categories,lol, two scrappy scarves,and a donation baby ghan, check them out, I was happy with how they all came out, I am usually happy with my things, cause I strive to make them the "best they can be," you know,like Marine Yarnie Goodies, lol, sometimes I am happier with them than at others, but mostly all of them,that get to photo state on here,I am good with!!!

Other than that,haven't done much, gotta go and post my score in the stash buster, oh I did do about 10 squares in the last few days, and believe it or not, my Small Ball basket, is down to two small balls of white, yaaaaa hoooo.. Course the big ball basket is still teeming and overflowing its sides, lol but hey, one basket at a time,right, lol  I will never probably ever run out of balls, cause when i make stuff, i have left overs, and well, you know,right!! lol  I used to have three large laundry baskets of balled yarn, and tried to use it whenever possible, to free up my craft room a bit, now I am down to one basket of large balls, and a bin or two,of varigated yarn balls,but they are stacked up and don't bother me, like the laundry baskets did, taking up all that space, and  don't get me started on that, lol I am making progress, but realize, im fighting a losing battle, at best!! lol

So im off to post on the stash buster thread, then eat some chiken and rice casserole we made this evening, for supper tonight,and snacks or lunches later on in the week, lol      I heard the oven timer, lollll and it smells DONE!

talk to you all later if I get a chance to come on back, take care all!!

katy I have found local postcards at some Hallmark stores.  I have even seen them in some Walmarts but that's been a long time ago.  I have picked up postcards at the zoo, Powell Gardens, other local attraction gift shops and places with several specialty shops like KC's Crown Center and the River Market.  Drugstores might have them. Several places at Crown Center has them---including the hotel gift shop, the drugstore, and  the Hallmark store.    Then they probably sell them at truck stops and convenience stores along the interstate. 

sopo glad you checked in today.  Last night I saw on the news where OK was getting hammered with more rain some places as muich as 10 inches.  

pineknott sounds like you should have your flowers whipped into shape soon.   I need to reclaim some of my flower beds.  Seems like I run out of time and energy before I get to them.  Perennials need thinned out, grapevines and trees are taking over.  I guess you are right about gladiolas but I have always thought they were pretty----probably because my grandmother had them.  I saw them in her garden before I saw them at funerals.   They eventually die out here depending on how cold the winter gets----we are supposed to dig them up in the fall and replant in the spring.  Dad has been having us cut his mums back right now so they don't get tall.  

yarn-monkey huggy bunny is cute.  On the fair catagory I believe there is actually an "afghan stitch".  I can't remember if it is similiar or the same as tunisian.  Anyway an afghan for that catagory would need to made using the afghan stitch.  

viking I love that border

Last night they said our humidity was 91% and it was going to feel like a sauna around here for sometime with the temps climbing into the 90's.  No wonder I got so hot out.  katy, I have to be careful out in the sun too or its the burn, blister, and peel.  I have to wear a hat or sunglasses or else bright sun blinds me.  I always say the normal skin color of my legs is fishbelly white.  

thanks bgs,I had a good laugh at the fish belly white comment,I fished as a kid so I can just picture it.

I think the rule of thumb on the mums,is cut them back half the height once a month until July and they should be a nice size,I did that years ago,

now other things are taking up my time.

Oh,big sigh here

It seems that the zucchini plants don't like high humidity,the flowers are falling off,did a search and yep,in humid climates they tend to rot,we had that problem with large tomatoes years back,they would develop bottom rot,thats why I only do cherry tomatoes now,it doesn't effect them.Ah well its all a learning lesson for me,since I've never been the house gardener,lol

Hi all. Having a really bad week. My Grandma had fallen in her kitchen day before yesterday and she was taken to the hospital. They sent her home with an arm sling and said they would call with MRI results yesterday. Mom mom called me yesterday morning and said my Gran had passed away in her sleep. They are thinking she had internal bleeding that had been missed at the hospital. Could you all please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Very sorry to hear this. You and your family are in our thoughts.

Good morning!

Chores are done and I'm waiting for my grandkids to come visit this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day.

Hope you had a great time with the grandkids!

I just my share of clearing unwanted things,like chest high mums,no not happening this year,they are outta here

next to go is what I consider death flowers,others think they are beautiful and arrange them in vases,shivers!!! those would be gladiolas.I am totally covered in mosquito bites,but a little itch is okay,I have satisfaction

I hate mosquito bites!!!they are so miserable.

Good Morning!

I'm hanging out at my daughter's today so I probably won't get much crocheting done today since there are 2 little people here who like to keep me busy. Hope everyone has a great day.

Hope you have a good time at your daughters!

Not done a lot here, crocheted a little on my pony I've been working on forever! I have to stitch it together now and begin on its hair and I'll be able to start on the next project! I need to do a few squares for Little Tribbles creeper blanket, hoping to finish this for him for Christmas.

Hope to get to cook on the grill tonight. Going to make a trip to see Mr. Tribbles father and pick up cheerwine at rural king.

Pulled some weeds in the garden. We really need to get the plants staked up. They looking great! We must get Little Tribbles flowers planted, a couple of the don't look the best! Gonna do that this evening when we get home.

Then back to work tomorrow!

Talk to everyone later! Have a wonderful day.

Good after noon.

Haven't felt the best today. Most likely just ran myself ragged all week..

Graduation is over Her birthday is over. Graduation and birthday party over. Next is Father's Day!!

I think after thay i am smooth sailing just for a little bit.

Hope all is well and talk soon.

pineknott my sister says she just trims her mums back with the weedeater but we are trying to be good and do my dad's the way he tells us to.  

dh has a flotilla picnic tomorrow and  I have been asking him for two weeks what they were doing and what we need to take as I saw none of the emails regarding the event.  Of course with all the rain and flooding there was a good chance that the shelter house would be under water.  Looks like the picnic is on and tomorrow is going to be really hot--heat advisory hot.  Looks like they provide meat, condiments, and beverages and people are to bring side dishes  :bang  :bang  :bang .  Think I will  just go make a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  Those usually go over pretty good.  

Archived