Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thank you Katie for the beautiful squares and card. I just love blue... something so peaceful about it. Made my day. :)   I had all the white cotton squares laid out before and started putting them together but didn't like the join so got frustrated and put them up a while. I got them back out last night, frogged and started edging them to put together so hopefully, I'll get that done soon and post pics. It's going to be beautiful thanks to you ladies. 

Another hot one in OK today it looks like. I am waiting on invoices to come in and almost caught up on work so more time for hooking.  Tampa Doll's dragon has me itching to make some dragons. 

post-44513-0-57788800-1434039250_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday month to me YAY

Thanks Katie and Cshort......beautiful squares & cards

I am still working these jobs for about 2 more months....My last day will be July 26th.  I can't wait to crochet again.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and mail runs ladies

It was a very good mail day, but its a bad internet day.  It's disconnected me multiple times and giving me error codes when trying to up load photos.  I'll try it again.  

sopo thank you for the cute little bag in my favorite colors---shades of blue.

post-11309-0-39961800-1434051751_thumb.jpg

katy thank you for my box stuffed full of surprises.  There was a garden plaque, garden stone,, a book with verses and a cute bookmark, magnetic notepad, dragonfly pin, some dimensional butterfly stickers, and a pack of rub on stencils.

post-11309-0-51602600-1434051959_thumb.jpg

yarn_monkey thanks so much for explaining the auto save.  Even though I was disconnected from the internet when I connected back and got here I was able to restore the post I lost  

Mailed out puffies today to my co birthday girls.

Thank you Katie for the beautiful squares and card. I just love blue... something so peaceful about it. Made my day. :)   I had all the white cotton squares laid out before and started putting them together but didn't like the join so got frustrated and put them up a while. I got them back out last night, frogged and started edging them to put together so hopefully, I'll get that done soon and post pics. It's going to be beautiful thanks to you ladies. 

Another hot one in OK today it looks like. I am waiting on invoices to come in and almost caught up on work so more time for hooking.  Tampa Doll's dragon has me itching to make some dragons. 

Very pretty squares.

Happy Birthday month to me YAY

Thanks Katie and Cshort......beautiful squares & cards

I am still working these jobs for about 2 more months....My last day will be July 26th.  I can't wait to crochet again.

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and mail runs ladies

You're welcome.

It was a very good mail day, but its a bad internet day.  It's disconnected me multiple times and giving me error codes when trying to up load photos.  I'll try it again.  

sopo thank you for the cute little bag in my favorite colors---shades of blue.

attachicon.gifDSCF0051.JPG

katy thank you for my box stuffed full of surprises.  There was a garden plaque, garden stone,, a book with verses and a cute bookmark, magnetic notepad, dragonfly pin, some dimensional butterfly stickers, and a pack of rub on stencils.

attachicon.gifDSCF0053.JPG

yarn_monkey thanks so much for explaining the auto save.  Even though I was disconnected from the internet when I connected back and got here I was able to restore the post I lost  

Mailed out puffies today to my co birthday girls.

So many nice goodies!

I finished the aprons that my daughter wanted yesterday and worked on an afghan for my brother which I finished this morning, you can see it here if you would like http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/154705-blue-ripple-afghan/

I started an afghan for the other brother, both afghans will be Christmas gifts.

Here are pics of the aprons and also the totebag I made at my Sewing Guild meeting on Tuesday.

Ariel

post-4459-0-60871000-1434053924_thumb.jpg

Aurora

post-4459-0-08391600-1434054086_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-97959600-1434054240_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

oh hello all, so glad allthe b day girls got theie goodies!! You are all more than welcome, I enjoyed making and sending the goodies, as much as you might, getting them,win win situation, lol

Kim good to hear your busy job days are shortening up some, you have been missed around here, I took a gamble, and mailed to you, even though I wasn't able to connect with you on an addy comfirmation, so I am delighted the package reached you safe and sound!!

Bgs, glad you liked yours, i wasn't able to get in a couple other things I had, as the dang box was not big enough, by about an inch, lol but that maybe will come to you at a later date!! THe dragon fly pin, I bought a couple, I thought it would be a fun thing for a light summer scarf, or just put it on a summerish hat!

And ms sopo, you are quite welcome, those were fun for me to make, as they were in my favorite blues, and ocean colors, lol, I think your ghan is going to be gorgeous!!

Hi to sandra, and tribble, and pineknot, and lacey, and scrapper. amd anyone else I may have fogotton by now, lol. Goodto see everyone enjoying these summers days, we have rain today, but had sun all day yesterday, so it evens out, lol

MIght be headed to the wettest JUNE we have ever had as well, we already were the wettest may on record for us....sheesh.

SUch flooding going on too, and yeah, sopo, my daughter said when it rains in Okla. the streets run red, from all the clay, first time she saw that, she about panicked lol, till it was explained a bit,.. She's glad to be back,where the rain and streets, are just wet, and colorless, lol

All for now, got a few things in the fire, so will deal with that.. Bgs or whomever was having trouble with the picture loading, I just downloaded Fire Fox, used that on my photo bucket account, and wow, what a diff in speed,and stuff..... try it.

cshort I loved your brother's afghan.  Those aprons are just too cute to get all dirty in the kitchen.  Nice tote.  I am glad you are back busy sewing.  I love seeing your projects and am tickled to have one of them.

katy you definitely filled my box.  I had a great time going through it.  I have internet problems because I am on dial up at home and for the past few years have had way too many problems with the phone line.  In the beginning I changed out all the phone cords and did all the little troubleshooting tips they want you to do before requesting service.  I only call them when its really bad for more than a day or two. 

kimgoodie looking forward to when you can be back with us on a regular basis

Super quick check in again... we're going home Saturday so I'll be back go normal soon!

Brenda you got lots of goodies! Love them! I'm glad you remembered the autosave and could use it! I think that will come in very handy.

Katie I'm glad you got to do your brunch group and the butterflies got their happy homes.

Carol, the tote and aprons are so cute! The Aurora one is my favorite.... that's always been my favorite Disney movie.

Brother in law's issue was anxiety related so he's been fine since he left the hospital, thank goodness!

And the niece and nephew are having an absolute blast with all the activities. Tuesday was Jamestown, yesterday was Colonial Williamsburg, today was a marine museum and we got to go on and explore the USS Wisconsin and tomorrow is Busch Gardens. I'll need a vacation from my vacation! Lol

Miss you all and I'll be back regularly starting Saturday!

Good Morning!

Thanks for the compliments on the afghan, aprons and tote bag. My daughter will be here for dinner today so she will get her aprons then.

It's 9:42 a.m. and I have already vacuumed, cleaned the litter box, washed dishes, started laundry and gone to the grocery store, I have a friend who would tell me that's already a days worth of work and to go take a nap. But I think I will crochet for a bit instead. My youngest daughter and her husband are coming for our Friday night dinner and my parents will be joining us since tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I am going to make chicken parmesan, spaghetti and garlic rolls. I bought a yummy chocolate ganache cake at the grocery store bakery this morning.

Guess that's about it for me. Have a great day!

draggin in this heat,dang its 97,this is usually our August weather,wonder if this is our new weather pattern,last year was like this and we had one of our coldest winters here yet,I'm going to start writing this stuff down so I can track it

for all of you in the heat,be careful

cshort sounds like you had a busy morning, your dinner menu sounds yummy.  

yarn_monkey sounds like you are visiting lots of interesting places and I can relate to staying so busy on vacation that you need a vacation from the vacation.

owlvamp hope all your plans are falling in place and you enjoy this weekend

pineknott I don't know what to think about the weather anymore.  All this rain has been bad enough.   Thank goodness it didn't come as snow.  

Hot and cloudy here today with pretty good chances for more rain. 

We are having tornadoes popping again but in nw side of state. I think by the time the storms get here, it will lessen some but a week of rain coming again. smh

I swear I have the most backward brain ever. After frogging the cotton squares border, I had them all laid out just like I wanted and edged. Went to sl st 2 rows together and got them completely backwards from what I had them laid out... grrr. so now I have to rethink the layout. I may need a swift palm to the forehead. lol

ha sopo forgive me for giggling, but there has been a time or two, I have done the same, and had to re arrange or take apart again, on the first row though, but it happens!!!

The weather here is iffy too, at best, we have no idea if the CWS will get rained out on opening night or not tonight!!
(college world series, baseball)

Bgs. I remember the sound of dial up, it's all we knew in the early days of internet as well, lol, nothing can be mistaken, the trac of internet connecting, i keep on my favorirtes list, just so I can listen now and then, he he he..oh, and remember AOL, lol

What ever happened to AOL, ha ha

Wel l got the bed changed today, and cleaned out that pesky"cookbook" cupboard, and I love looking in there now,much more room, and so neat,easy to get to mixer, and bowls, and pie pans,he he  makes me wanna bake, lol oatmeal raisin cookies to be specific, oh, or cherry pie, yummm!! ha ha. ,funny thing though, I really didn't have to give up any thing much of my books, just placed them better, lol, I did throw out some old books that went to the old hot point stove, the corning ware fry pan, and some other appliance booklets that were in with the cookbooks, and that seemed just enough to space things out and arrange things better, hec, we don't even have those same appliances anymore, lol..I think i counted 31 diff. cook books ladies, lol but i can't give them up!!!!!!!!! Handyman says, try a recipie each day, and decide if tht particular book is worth keeping!! Does the man even know what that would entail???????? I sneered at him, and hid his tv remote for that one!! HA

I found a cookbook, of my moms, just a little bound one, dated that it was printed in 1947,now that is way before my time, but it was interesting to see the names from the town that I grew up in, that contributed to it, very interesting.. And i found other little tidbits, one a pattern, for a yarn scottie dog, if anyone  wants me to send that to them, let me know, it's done with yarn, and alk the directions and with pics are even the envelope it arrived in, is there, I think it was in a cook book that I got at an estate sale once, but holler, if you are interested....

So that is done,the hall and washroom cupboards, are all spic and spanned,and the under sinks are all good, I am running out of things to clean people!!! lol I wish huh......

Feeling a bit puny today, so that is why i toted the cookbooks out and put them on the kitchen table,so I could take my time, and sort through them..at my leisure, lol course Max has to help!! (I put a bit of catnip down on the runner in the hall thought to occupy him, it worked!!) .

Has anyone ever heard of hummingbird cake??? (Pst.... bgs, you don't use real hummingbirds,he he))

It is about the best cake I have ever had, or made!! I got the recipe from a country atty I used to work with at the court house, she brought it once for a pot luck, and wowzers, it was a hit!!

If you all are interested in that recipie, if you can't find it online,let me know, Ill copy it for yas.

ok,well, nice seeing you all that haven't checked in for a while,and those of you that always check in too!!! Pineknot you have a good idea of keeping track of the weather, maybe I will start doing that too, i wonder if anyone else would be interested in post a daily weather report in a new thread?? Lemme know,Ill start it if people would wanat to participate in it, lemme know that too, lol

It would be really interesting, if people from all over posted, and we could then see how other's weather is compared to ours!!

Ok, well, today i heard from dd, and she has another ulcer, she is 29, but it's in her genes, at her age, I had several as well,and ended up hospitalized, but her doc gave her some pills to take,and the pain is way going away, guess they have improved ulcer meds,huh... She got another hike in her salary too, so that is cool!! course that might have helped her mood a little too, regarding the ulcers, lol Good for you Jen!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, im done rambling, you all have a good evening!!

katy aol is alive and well------that's what I have aol dial-up. I don't use the internet enough to make paying for satellite worthwhile and we are far enough out that last time we checked we couldn't get highspeed through the phone company.   I have the recipe for hummingbird cake somewhere.  Wonder why its called that.  Right now my favorite cookie is the craisen cookie---the recipe is on the craisen bag.   My sister has tweaked it a bit----increased the amount of craisens and decreased the amount of white chocolate chips so they are not terribly sweet.  They also have oatmeal-----so that makes them good for breakfast, right?  Hope your daughter feels better soon.  I would think the raise would help make her feel a little better. 

sopo been there, done that more than once.  I have to really focus.  I lay out the squares and then gather them back up row by row, safety pin them together and tag which row it is.  As I put the squares together I keep the tag on the first square of each row until its all together. 

early start to my day

up at 5:30,why? dunno,out the door to give the plants their much needed life line, WATER

it is so swampy here,mushrooms are popping up in the grass.it will be mid 90's with heat index of 103

anything that involves outdoors will be done before noon.

Bgs

we had a friend outside of Nashville,that was far enough out in the sticks that she had to use dial up

I used that when I visited there and oh my,that was so slow compared to our Cox internet service.

Quick check in! Loving all this heat and yard sales. Little Tribble doesn't like the heat all that much and just wants to stay home and play on the computer but I am insistant that we are not staying in all summer and doing nothing!

Have to scoop litter pans, do laundry, clean guinea pig cages! And I have to work day shift tomorrow. I wonder who the idiot was that said I would do that?!

Have a wonderful day girls off to do some work then go to yard sales!!!

Hi all. Just checking in. Been working my butt off this week. So very tired as I haven't had any decent sleep since Tuesday night. I want to crochet but I afraid I may be too zombified to do so. Lol

Hello,

Sounds like you are all staying busy. I hope all of you in the way of the rain and storms are staying safe.

I had to take one of the cats to the vet today. His eye has been runny off and on for a few days. The vet said conjunctivitis and some tooth/oral inflammation which could be affecting the eye too. So we started eye drops and antibiotic, the cat is not very happy with me right now. The good news is that his weight loss has slowed down so the vet said we are on a good track with that. Once the eye is cleared up the vet wants to do blood work and teeth cleaning, if there is an infected tooth they'll remove it while he is sedated for the cleaning. I'm hoping all of that can wait until next month since I plan to have the grandkids here for a couple of weeks and would like to wait until they go home.

Now to relax with some yarn and a hook. 

Funny about your cookbooks Katy. My mom passed away 10 years ago and she was a cookbook collector. Us kids found over 100 cookbooks!!!!!  LOL, we laughed very hard at that. She was an awesome cook though and she did use the books. Dad was not surprised at the number of cookbooks. He said she would pack them into any nook and cranny she could find. :lol

a couple of weeks ago I baked toll house choco chip cookies and too them to an office function. One guy LOVED them and said he just had to have the recipe. LOL, I never did tell him he was eating regular old toll house cookies. :devil I found a new outlet store in town called Chefs and it's great. I bought stainless steel mixing bowls and thin blade spatulas for cutout cookies. Next is the ceramic based cookie sheet. Their products are expensive but they are an investment. So a little here and a little there and pretty soon my kitchen will be fully stocked. (yeah right, there will always be a new gadget that I'll need)

I did lots of cleaning this morning so now it's time to R & R with some yarn. Happy Saturday everyone.

Those are adorable aprons.. I love the Little Mermaid one; that is so darn clever.

I read through the posts and I had so much I wanted to say, but we're all so tired... I can't remember most of it. :no

We went strawberry picking this morning! It is so much cheaper to do it that way, oh my gosh. I wanted to make jam this year so we pretty much had to pick our own - we got enough for jam and plenty left over for snacking for $10.75 - a quart of fresh berries is running $6-7 around here!! That would be like a quarter of what we picked today, maybe. Little Viking had lots of fun picking; he gave me a running commentary on things going on around us, butterflies, berries, other pickers. :D It was warm in the sun but not too hot, thankfully.

We were thinking about a carnival tonight but somebody didn't take a nap at all, and Daddy and I still kind of need one, so I think we're going to pass on this one.... :( There will be others!

I finished my yellow-green round on the rainbow-ghan, and then found another green and another blue! So I was 2.5 color rounds from finishing, and I took out 2.5 rounds and then added three more. So now I have 7 rounds left to do (unless I leave out that one blue round, which I might because the whole ghan only has the other two blues in it so it wouldn't really hurt to leave out a third blue. I have three rounds to make up my mind. :D ) I was going to go work on either that or the baby ghan or squares for a ghan I decided I want to do for my in-laws, but I've been instructed to go play Lego, so I'll do that for a bit instead. At least tomorrow's another home day. I can be productive then, right?

HI all, lazy day today, sniffling and sneezing, but its so pleasant out, i opened a couple windows today, soooo i'll suffer through it,lol

finished up a baby ghan, and a scarf this week, will get those photoed tomorrow maybe, with the sun, so Ill post those then.

Nothing much else to say, kinda tired, and feeling lazy, maybe watch a movie later.....Have a good tomorrow all, take care!

Archived