Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

yarnmonkey, that is funny about the horse. If you hold up a treat for my Bubbi and say kiss kiss, he will touch his nose to your face lol but yes, he can sure slobber too.  Owlvamp, sorry about your shoulders. They can definitely be a pain. I have one giving me fits lately from a wreck years ago. I don't do drs so never had it checked but when it acts up... youchie. I just keep a heating pad on it as much as possible. Pineknot, we had only 8 days in May that it didn't rain so I feel ya. 

Happy Thursday everyone. I've been working on puffies to send out when I can so all of you that I missed this year, hoping to get caught up this summer. 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!!

It's been raining here for 4 straight days and still suppose to rain a few more. It makes it hard for taking out my fur babies. A couple of them are so stinking cute. They put there heads out the doggy door and look and and turn right back around and look me as if i am crazy. If they could talk they probably would say you go out in that im not. LOL I love them to death and back. They are what me keeps me going everyday.

My shoulders hurt so bad that I can't even sleep at night much. So I had to go in. I have so much to do and Dr. wants me not to use them but heck the stuff isn't going to get done itself. Jeesh whats wrong with him. I just space it out and rest them all the time. i'm trying my best but there is no way i can sit and just eat bon bons all day and watch tv. Oh wait I don't watch tv. I had the cable turned off for no one was watching it so I wasn't going to keep paying for it.

Been a much better day here.   So far its only rained a little bit  this morning unlike yesterday when it rained for hours.  Relieved that the potential septic system problem was just  too much rain too fast so ground water was interfering with the laterals.  So glad we put those access ports in a couple of years ago so it was easy to verify our suspicion.  

owlvamp sorry about your shoulder.  I understand about winding up in the middle of projects that turn out to be much harder work than you ought to be doing. 

hi ya squares!

Glad to see everyone posts today as well we are getting rained on again too.... We only had a few days in may too, that it didnt rain, and june is looking the same lately..

oh, I was working on a scarf to match a hat I already made, and my L lucite hook, just snapped in half in my hand!! I have never had this happen before!! I told handyman, and he says, Im working too hard, lol

I didn't put any undo pressure on it, or anything, oh well, Ill pick up another at Michaels soon, luckily I did have a spare though, and finished the scarf, so there, lol

Takes more than a broken hook to stop this crocheting fool!!

store for a few things on sale today, I hear eggs are going up, and wouldn't you know it, you can't save or freeze eggs, like butter, or hamburger, lol.. Oh well, such as it is, huh.

ok well, more later, hopefully everyone is on the mend from their hurts and illnesses, and we all get healthy again soon!

Happy Birthday to bgs, sopo, and kimgoodie!

I received to packages today. :)

One from VikingRunnerGirl (Yellow, black and red one) and the other from JustAddGlitter (yellow block).

I love both blocks and the blocks for my Midnight Brite afghan. Thank you both so much.

VikingRunnerGirl where did you find the pattern for the 12 inch block. Would love to make a few more of those.

Thank you little viking for my hearts and for the song to ... Love it!!

You're welcome! :D The block design is one I made up, actually, but I wrote the pattern down as I was doing it. I was going to read it over for clarity prior to sharing; I'll make a post on the 'ville with the pattern once I think it's understandable by people who aren't me!  :hook

I was still awakened during the night for ear pain, but hooray, this morning he didn't come in right away and say his ears hurt! So I think we've finally turned the corner.

He was so sweet the other night; we've been making a sock monkey together because he loves "monks" right now, and after I got his eyes stitched on LV was cradling him and told me that Monk's ears hurt, so he had to have eardrops. He turned it on its side and pretended to put the "drops" in, and had it wait a minute, and then used a tissue to wipe up the drops as they drained back out. Monk does not like eardrops either, he informed me. I loved it. :manyheart

hi ya squares!

Glad to see everyone posts today as well we are getting rained on again too.... We only had a few days in may too, that it didnt rain, and june is looking the same lately..

oh, I was working on a scarf to match a hat I already made, and my L lucite hook, just snapped in half in my hand!! I have never had this happen before!! I told handyman, and he says, Im working too hard, lol

I didn't put any undo pressure on it, or anything, oh well, Ill pick up another at Michaels soon, luckily I did have a spare though, and finished the scarf, so there, lol

Takes more than a broken hook to stop this crocheting fool!!

store for a few things on sale today, I hear eggs are going up, and wouldn't you know it, you can't save or freeze eggs, like butter, or hamburger, lol.. Oh well, such as it is, huh.

ok well, more later, hopefully everyone is on the mend from their hurts and illnesses, and we all get healthy again soon!

we had that happen a few years back,we sent it back to them for a replacement,hopefully they are still doing replacements

oh i don't know the brand, came in L, M and N, lucite acrylic in bright blue, purple, and can't remember the color on the other one lol, but I had another one, will pick one up maybe tomorrow, always like to have a spare...

In answer to a long ago question Sandra, I have looked at so many birdies to crochet, it's hard to choose one, Ravelry has tons of them, all so cute, I just havn't tackled it y et, but many to choose from

In all other news, nothing much here, kinda hot here today, but no rain, lol

I will see you again later, Im out of time for now, lol

Owlvamp thank you for the birthday card.  It was a nice surprise in the mailbox today.  

Poor little viking .  I hope his ear quits hurting soon.  It always seems to be the worst when they are laying down so they can't sleep.

katy there are a lot of bird patterns out there.  I combined parts from 2 or 3 patterns,and made some alterations to make one similiar to one sopo sent me a couple of years ago.

Well we got almost another 2 inches of rain last night and this morning and there is just no where for it to go.   Water is standing everywhere.

So, on my rainbow-ghan border, I went from yellow to dark hunter green, because I didn't have any lighter green yarn balls that had enough yarn on them to make it around the edge. Did dark green, dark blue. I'm halfway through a light blue round. I found nearly a full skein of yellow-green yarn.  :rant

So my choices are, finish up the ghan as planned, being bothered the whole time I'm working on it because I can see the jarring color transition so closely, but then hopefully forget about it once it's done... or rip out probably two whole weeks' worth of work, add the yellow green back in, and then redo it again.... Like my mom said, I've put a LOT of time into this thing so far, so it could be considered a shame not to go back and fix it now when it's really still possible.... I've been getting through about a side a night (taking roughly two classic Who episodes) so it would be possible to get back to where I am within a few weeks.... decisions! 

Poor little Viking! Ear pain is horrible! Too cute about his sock monkey. I have one my grandmother made me and I have one I made some years ago. Little tribble doesn't like monkeys (I have no idea why) so I havn't made him one.

Owlvamp - hope your shoulders get to feeling better!

Katie - sorry to hear about your hook! I havn't had one break yet....

Yarn_Monkey - horse slobbers are awesome!

Raining here also! Was a beautiful day but began raining sometime after 3. Dogs were not happy! They were outside and I didn't realize it was raining. I had laid down for a nap as I have to work 12 hours tonight, and they were very damp when I let them in... We went to a couple of yardsales before the rain began. Little Tribble got two toys that cost a total of $9.00, which at the store would have been somewhere around $50 or $60. Twas a good day!!! We love to yardsale.

Got a couple of cabinets for $4.00 total.  Bought a Toddler size doll with pink eyes and a 1980s Koosa (cabbage patch kids animal) I am a sucker for odd/unique dolls and I literally don't have room for them! That yard sale had LOADS of toys. I wanted a LOT more than we bought. I do believe that they have it all summer though, so I will probably check back again next week when we get paid again.

Havn't gotten any crocheting done the last few days... Can't seem to get back to it and I have sooo much to finish and things that I want to make. I think it might be this beautiful weather. I want to be outside, not cooped up in the house. Plus Hubby got me hooked on Orphan Black and we just yesterday got caught up on that. I can't concentrate on two things at the same time, so was unable to work on my crochet while watching the series...

We got our garden planted, have a zucchini plant to put out still,  but just bought that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend... I will be at work ;)

Poor little Viking! Ear pain is horrible! Too cute about his sock monkey. I have one my grandmother made me and I have one I made some years ago. Little tribble doesn't like monkeys (I have no idea why) so I havn't made him one.

Owlvamp - hope your shoulders get to feeling better!

Katie - sorry to hear about your hook! I havn't had one break yet....

Yarn_Monkey - horse slobbers are awesome!

Raining here also! Was a beautiful day but began raining sometime after 3. Dogs were not happy! They were outside and I didn't realize it was raining. I had laid down for a nap as I have to work 12 hours tonight, and they were very damp when I let them in... We went to a couple of yardsales before the rain began. Little Tribble got two toys that cost a total of $9.00, which at the store would have been somewhere around $50 or $60. Twas a good day!!! We love to yardsale.

Got a couple of cabinets for $4.00 total.  Bought a Toddler size doll with pink eyes and a 1980s Koosa (cabbage patch kids animal) I am a sucker for odd/unique dolls and I literally don't have room for them! That yard sale had LOADS of toys. I wanted a LOT more than we bought. I do believe that they have it all summer though, so I will probably check back again next week when we get paid again.

Havn't gotten any crocheting done the last few days... Can't seem to get back to it and I have sooo much to finish and things that I want to make. I think it might be this beautiful weather. I want to be outside, not cooped up in the house. Plus Hubby got me hooked on Orphan Black and we just yesterday got caught up on that. I can't concentrate on two things at the same time, so was unable to work on my crochet while watching the series...

We got our garden planted, have a zucchini plant to put out still,  but just bought that.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend... I will be at work ;)

I've never liked monkeys myself, so the little guy's interest is rather ironic for me. :lol I even got him monkey print fabric to make some summer pjs (that I need to get working on!). He thinks they're adorable - I've always thought monkeys are just ugly!

Oh heavens - he just told me he wants me to make some monkey fabric pjs for Monk! (the sock monkey)

I can crochet and watch some TV, but not anything with subtitles (so I haven't watched many subs for a long time!)

We're planting our first big garden this year at the new house! So far we've put in butternut squash, cucumber, pumpkin, and watermelon. there are some volunteer tomatoes from the garden the sellers had last year! We've got more tomato to go in and pepper, string beans, edamame, corn, carrots (though it's rather late to be starting them; we'll try anyway... maybe I'll just wait until fall??) No matter how it comes out it's going to be exciting. ^_^

I'm sure there was more I wanted to say, but I have a few things I have to clear up online and then I need to go play, so I've got to cut off here! Get these things done and then get busy offline. Have a good weekend, everyone!

(Oh, and we're still on medicines, but the ear pain seems to be nearly gone thankfully. Yay!)

That is so cute about the sock monkey and ear drops. :) Just adorable. Brenda, hope the rain passes soon. After our drenching in May, temps are crazy hot here now. Trible, LOVE Koosas. I collect cabbage patch dolls. Congrats on the find. DD and I went to some garage sales yesterday too. I found a huge wooden treasure chest that needs a bit of work and we found out that we can stuff a giant set of longhorns in my little car. lol DD loves longhorns and found the horns for only $10! 

Owlvamp, thank you so much for the birthday card. It's lovely and much appreciated.

Stayed up past midnight working on DD a new pillow to match her new decor and finished her 6 matching coasters she asked for. I just did the first 3 rounds of the butterflies and it came out perfect coaster size. Going to finish the pillow this morning and they've invited me to lunch SIL is cooking for a thank you for all the help (spent 2 days this week helping them unpack and organize new house). Have some things to send out in the mail hopefully on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone. 

As of 3 pm yesterday I am on summer break :yay . We had a nice end of the year luncheon and honored 2 coworkers who are retiring after many dedicated years of teaching. Yesterday was also my youngest daughter's birthday so we went out to dinner and then came back to my house for cake. I did a lot of eating yesterday :lol . My first official day of summer break is being spent relaxing and crocheting. I finished an afghan for a Christmas gift for my mother, you can see it here http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/154669-rose-trellis-afghan/

I'm starting afghans for Christmas gifts for my brothers now.

Sopo, I'm glad you like the squares.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

sopo, good for you, just working away, and getting out too, seems things are going much better down your way, once the rain ends,huh, I saw how flooded some parts of your state are, it's tragic... :no

Viking, so glad to hear his ear is feeling better, boy this was a stubborn infection, sheesh, he's been dealing with this for so long it seems, glad he is healing now!! :manyheart

MOnkeys are not my favorite animal either, just for the fact they seem mean, on most documentary's Ive seen, they are very aggressive, and sometimes attack humans as well, i just don't care much for them, I guess, but cute as stuffed or toys!! lol :yes

Carol, congratz,. summer vaca is here for you and you can take it easy, and do most anything you WANT to do, not just what you have to do!! your ghan is lovely by the way, so dainty, she'll love it!! :clap

Guess what!! Its raining here, ha ha ha....rain rain  go away,we were gonna mow our lawn today!!! :rain

got some things for donation this am, not the yarn works, but other household things so will run them up a few blocks to the truck, and do that soon, whenever the raindrops stop falling on my head!!!!!!

And sketti and meat balls for dinner is planned, maybe with a salad, and some garlic bread, that ought to be a fairly good din din!!

ANd left overs to boot!! reminds me, i gotta look up a meat ball recipie, as I forgot how I made them last time, hardy har har, don't laugh, it's been a while!! :yes

Next to those chores and errands, Im clear, have been working on some cotton scrap balls, using the up, i did some pics of them, in the accessory thread under show and tell, and finished up that hat for the scarf I already made, and the scarf for the hat I already made, ha ha, I do things back asswords  sometimes, he he he. So, all for now, gotta put my face on, or I will scare the truck assistance men at the donation site, lol      :eek       later, stay dry, stay well, keep hookin"!!!!!

pssst. anyone home here on a sunday afternoon???     it's like a library on the ville today!!!

Well maybe we need to livin the place up a bit  :yay  :elle

I went to church this morning, I have laundry going and I'm crocheting, really exciting here too  :lol . Have a great day.

I am. Church this morning and need to clean house so I clean a little and then rest a little to ease shoulder. Working on a second  pillow for brittany. And yeah, laundry going. All that fun stuff. lol

Just a quick check in here. I'm on my phone and that makes it hard to respond in here but at least I have WiFi!

We've had a good time so far for the most part. DH and I took the niece and nephew to the outlet mall and sister in law had to take her hubby to the emergency room. We think it was just anxiety but they're keeping him overnight to he sure.

Tomorrow I think is just a pool day until we see whether he's getting released or not and we'll go from there.

Pardon any typos, I'm on my phone and that makes posting hard. Tomorrow I'll get out DH's laptop and do a real post but I had to get on and say hi tonight! :) Hope everyone had a good weekend!

phew, thought we all had dropped off the edge of the earth yesterday, glad to see some of you posted, in between doing laundry, and stuff, hi yarnmonkey, sorry to hear about your bro in law, hope it's nothing.....

Nothing much going on here today, getting ready to go out, and get a few things, other than that, im open for the day!! Tomorrow am is finally brunch, it has been canceled twice so it's been a w hile, Ill have to get out the butterflies, and let them fly around a bit, being all cooped up for a couple months, lol, they need to spread their wings before they go to their new homes!!!

well, im off, gotta lay in some supplies, lol. and it's gonna be hot here too, later on, soo, have to close down a couple windows i leave opened up for Max to sun himself in, lol, and turn on the ac!! Take care all, till later then, have a good one.

Archived