Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

It's stopped raining! For a little while at least. More coming. 

Question... if you were going to make a pillow, well a pillow cover for those premade pillows, and the premade is 18" x 18" big... how big would you go to cover it? Just the 18 x 18 and the crochet stretch to fit the pillow part or a bit bigger?  I've never covered one before but had an idea for a pair for my daughter that just moved. 

Hope you guys have a great end of the month weekend. We have a family reunion tomorrow but not sure whether i'm going. It's my grandma's family and she's been long gone. I haven't been to a reunion since I was a kid and won't know but maybe half a dozen people so............. I'd rather be home making something. lol 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday! Just one more week and I will be off for the summer! I'm being very lazy tonight, I was going to vacuum and mop because I am babysitting 2 little friends here tomorrow but I don't have the energy tonight so I will do it tomorrow before they get here. Not much else going on, just crocheting and watching TV. Have a great evening and weekend everyone!

I am having trouble staying connected again today.  I saw the phone man along the highway when I came back from town.  It's raining again today.

Sopo you just never know about family reunions.  I have really enjoyed some of them and others were a big chore. 

Hi all. I have the next 5 days off of work. I think I might work on my Sophie. Hope you all are doing well.

Oh that is delightful lacey, you finally getsome time off!! Just take one day if not all, and relax, and do only what you want to do, nothing else, lol. Enjoy Lacey!! You sure earned it!!

TGIF today!!!!  It has been a long week at work :P

Hope everyone is doing good.

Friday is coming none to soon for you all, or so it seems, lol, enjoy the weekend, find some time for yourself!!

It's stopped raining! For a little while at least. More coming. 

Question... if you were going to make a pillow, well a pillow cover for those premade pillows, and the premade is 18" x 18" big... how big would you go to cover it? Just the 18 x 18 and the crochet stretch to fit the pillow part or a bit bigger?  I've never covered one before but had an idea for a pair for my daughter that just moved. 

Hope you guys have a great end of the month weekend. We have a family reunion tomorrow but not sure whether i'm going. It's my grandma's family and she's been long gone. I haven't been to a reunion since I was a kid and won't know but maybe half a dozen people so............. I'd rather be home making something. lol 

eh, go ahead, surprize them all, lol, Im sure they all would love to see you, or on the other side of the fence, stay home, enjoy the time crocheting, lol

I received 2 birthday squares and some blocks for my Midnight Brite blankets. Thank you so much. I love them all.

It was from yarn_monkey. Thank you

I will get pictures as soon as I can.

oooh nice, i miss the eye candy though.............

Happy Friday! Just one more week and I will be off for the summer! I'm being very lazy tonight, I was going to vacuum and mop because I am babysitting 2 little friends here tomorrow but I don't have the energy tonight so I will do it tomorrow before they get here. Not much else going on, just crocheting and watching TV. Have a great evening and weekend everyone!

oh that snuck up fast, just the other day, it was a couples weeks longer, lol enjoy your visiters!!!!!!!

I am having trouble staying connected again today.  I saw the phone man along the highway when I came back from town.  It's raining again today.

Sopo you just never know about family reunions.  I have really enjoyed some of them and others were a big chore. 

It's gotta be due to the wet weather lately, wreaking havoc on a lot of connections around the county, hang in there, this rain has got to stop one day, we are doomed for more tonight as well, but nothing downpourish, or so they say, the gentle rains I  can handle.....But so wet, that you smoosh into the ground, oooh, no, shaking head!!!

oooooh, can't wait till they arrive in the birthday girls' mailboxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good to see you too lauren, how is little viking doing, excited now that school is almost  out in some places. Here I think it's june something they have to go too, as they had several snow days, lol     :lol

Owlvamp

your pkg with a 12 incher and the squares from the rainbow brites that we are helping you with went out today

I just looked and it said midnight brites,glad you knew what I meant

Well, I also have a 12-incher (new flower design I made up, too!) and some brites going out tomorrow (I hope, I hope I do not forget to go to the post office!). Hopefully it won't get there much later than Linda's!

Poor Little Viking officially has an ear infection. :( He'd still been having trouble hearing and this morning his ears started hurting again, so as soon as we got back from my mom's (we went down last night for a concert in Philly - Korpiklaani, one of our faves - and stayed the night since they're closer) DH took him into the doctor's office. Antibiotics and OTC painkiller prescribed (with the latter now being referred to as "the medicine that will help my ear feel a little bit better") so hopefully in a few days he will clear up. Just learned that his ears apparently looked pretty clear at the visit, which confuses us both a little given how much trouble he's been having with hearing. I guess we'll see if that gets better too.

Hope everybody in the path of flooding stays safe; it's sounded pretty bad from some fb friends I have in TX. Wish we could take some of the water away - we've had half an hour of rain in about the past ten days, and we could really use it! Too bad there's no way to make the weather be more equitably distributed, huh??

oh so sorry to hear about lil viking,sure hope he improves quickly and gets  back to his adorable self soon....

Sandra, how are you doing these days, are things going better for you and yours?? And Pineknott how is mil doing?? I haven't asked about her for a while,and found myself wondering the other day, how she is doing...

Yarn monky, hope that finger of yours, is healing well, and you are not trying to do too much crocheting with it, lol

can't keep a good crocheter down, huh pineknott, lol you have been through that with y our wrist!!

Nothing much else to say, might have a new member, her name is crochetaddict85, or another NIkki, spelled the same as our Nikki, lol, she will let us know, but is checking into the thread now and then to see us all!! She is from the UK, reminds me of our old friends from the past that were from there as well.

If you catch her, somewhere on the ville, tell her hi from the granny square group!!

Chilly here today, i think the rain might be over though, for today, sigh..... I am doing a  load of laundry, and i think handydan might be making a cake mix, i heard the mixer, lol

That usually means he's bored, ha ha.

All for now, things to do, and hope you all have a grand day!!

oh so sorry to hear about lil viking,sure hope he improves quickly and gets  back to his adorable self soon....

Sandra, how are you doing these days, are things going better for you and yours?? And Pineknott how is mil doing?? I haven't asked about her for a while,and found myself wondering the other day, how she is doing...

Yarn monky, hope that finger of yours, is healing well, and you are not trying to do too much crocheting with it, lol

can't keep a good crocheter down, huh pineknott, lol you have been through that with y our wrist!!

Nothing much else to say, might have a new member, her name is crochetaddict85, or another NIkki, spelled the same as our Nikki, lol, she will let us know, but is checking into the thread now and then to see us all!! She is from the UK, reminds me of our old friends from the past that were from there as well.

If you catch her, somewhere on the ville, tell her hi from the granny square group!!

Chilly here today, i think the rain might be over though, for today, sigh..... I am doing a  load of laundry, and i think handydan might be making a cake mix, i heard the mixer, lol

thanks for asking Katy,she is doing fine,at least that one worry I don't have

Hello,

I was up early as usual and cleaned before my little visitors arrived. They were here for about 4 hours and we had lots of fun. I think I'm going to spend the afternoon relaxing and working on an afghan.

I hope little viking is feeling better, those ear aches can be awful.

I have squares ready for the birthday girls and I plan to get to the post office this week, it will probably be later in the week since it will be a little calmer then.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I had a lovely ride over to the post office this morning! Our new post office is just a short ways down a pretty country road, plenty of old houses and fields to look at, and the post office just at the end of the road. And the woman at the counter is very nice; I was surprised how nice a simple trip to the post office can be. Both birthday packages should arrive Tuesday, so a bit after the birthday month, but at least they'll get there!

Little guy's doing a bit better so far; he's watching Scrooge MacDuck on Daddy's laptop and he made a flower out of toys that he ran me upstairs to show me as soon as I got in the door. :)

It's hot here for us today. Hope everybody else is doing all right out there!

Hello all, hope everyone is feeling better and have a great weekend. the SUN IS SHINING! and supposed to all week. :)  Went to the reunion and didn't know anyone but my uncles but was so good to see them all together. First time the 5 brothers had been together in many years and maybe the last as my oldest uncle is 71 and drove down from Washington state. He said this may be his last long trip. Got to hold a new baby and feed her, such a doll but was unsuccessful in convincing my daughter I need a grandbaby. lol Got another shawl finished and blocking and now to catch up on websites. Hope you all have a spectacular week. 

hi all

calm here today, but looks like rain soon, i dunno if we are supposed to get some or not, we'll see... :rolleyes

Oh good Linda, so glad she has somewhat adjusted to her new digs! takes a load off you for sure!! :cheer

Hi Lauren, sounds like fun, a flower made from toys, well, no one said it can't be done, lol I don't belong to pinterest lauren, but would love to see what you posted,darn it!!! :pinterest

You post office sounds nice too, i have one I favor more than the other, don't know which really is closer but probably both about the same, but the one I most usually go to, the people are nicer, but seems busier, the other not so busy, but the people are, standoffish a bit, all biz, you know, lol

Glad you went Sopo, and enjoyed seeing your uncles at least, sorry to hear it might be the last time they are all together, does he seem in good health for 70 something though, i hope they all are healthy, least for now, bet they were  glad to see you and daughter too!!! :yay

Hey ya carol, glad the visit went well, and you are relaxing with your hook today!!! :hook

Had or still have a little bit of a migraine last night, and today, better than it was, but i saw lights, you know, the auras in my one eye, that always always signals a migraine for me, this one was probably the first in years, so .... and it is a bit more dull now, and the lights are gone, sooo, lol that is a good  thing, but i didn't crochet much last evening cause of it,however this am, am doing a bit of hook work, lol... Using a p hook, ( i also tried one in a Q hook) i made a double stranded scarf, and have another started they go fast, look great, and are warm too. I prefer the p to the Q hook now, I think the first one I ever made like this, I probably used an L hook, which as I recall, came out really nice as well, back then when I did it, lol...

So now I am starting on a pink and white one, it's turning out pretty too... Ill show pics maybe tomorrow, when i get them all done, but im happy with them, lol

In all else,nothing new, it was a cake handyman made, and this morning, not yesterday, I awoke, dreaming that he was weedeating in the hallway!!! I got half way down the hall, and at that point, in my sleep stupor,recognized, it was the mixer, I was hearing, I told him about the weed eater, and he Laughed and laughed, and said, hey, I just weedeated the hallway last week!! It shouldn't need it already again!!  lol

Smart aleck,and aleck is not the word of preference here, but civil, I guess, lol :yes

I also dreamed about my daughter's old girl scout troop, and my co leader was trying to kick us out of the troop, because I forgot to bring the treats that week!!! :cry

I told her, hey, I had the pork chops all out, I just forgot to grab them!!!! wow, one can;'t make this stuff up you know, i awoke before I learned her decision, as she was taking it to the council!!! sheesh!!! which she would never do, we've been friends since the girls were in first grade!!! :D

well,if that didn't bring a smile to your lips today, I give up, lol hope all is havining a nice sunday today, restful, peacefull, healthfull, and hook-full!!!  :chook

:rotfl Katie those dreams are a riot! We had a baby shower to go to this afternoon and before we went I took a nap, and dreamed that we were on our way to the shower and suddenly my parents and sister and grandmother were in the car with us, and I was thinking to myself "s***, I either need to figure out how to remind them that they're not technically invited, or else call Sreya and warn her that we're bringing like four extra people!!" Then when I woke up I was very relieved that I didn't actually have to worry about it!  :yes

Burn is doing much better, thank you! It's still red and sore, but as long as I don't bump it on anything I'm okay! Which means i'm back to crocheting just like normal!!  :yay

And welcome to the new Nikki!  :D

I had a lovely ride over to the post office this morning! Our new post office is just a short ways down a pretty country road, plenty of old houses and fields to look at, and the post office just at the end of the road. And the woman at the counter is very nice; I was surprised how nice a simple trip to the post office can be. Both birthday packages should arrive Tuesday, so a bit after the birthday month, but at least they'll get there!

Little guy's doing a bit better so far; he's watching Scrooge MacDuck on Daddy's laptop and he made a flower out of toys that he ran me upstairs to show me as soon as I got in the door. :)

It's hot here for us today. Hope everybody else is doing all right out there!

I have one post office I prefer much more than the other. It's by the mall and it's always busy but at least they're efficient! I used to go to the one by Sister's house when I was visiting because they're not usually busy but I caught a load of grief once over a puffy that the woman said I didn't put enough postage on and because I couldn't pull up the prices (and you know they don't have them posted), I wound up paying $13 for a flat rate puffy that should have cost $6. I wish I'd kept my receipt so I could have raised heck but I didn't think about it and threw it away. I won't be back to that one though! :no

DH and I made it back home this afternoon and I took a nice long nap! Almost 3 hours! Hopefully I'll sleep tonight! Lol! We had a great weekend though and my cousin loved all of his surprises. I missed our bed and our shower and our couch and the internet and TV though! Mainly the bed. We have memory foam there and I think our bed where we stayed was older than dirt and hard as a rock. It's hard for me to get to sleep and then to get back out of the bed in the  morning when that's the case.

I didn't get a lot of crocheting done this weekend, but I did get the most recent square for the Moogly CAL done. That's posted over on the CAL thread. Tonight I'm hoping to get more done on my tote bag and maybe finish that in the next day or two. Not much planned for the week besides a Sister and Peanut visit on Tuesday and preparing the house for DH's family coming on Friday to stay with us. I think that will keep us pretty busy!

Man, I had all that typed out and then lost it! But I figured out how to get it back!!! :clap  :clap  :clap  I can't even explain how excited I am to have figured that out! When you lose what you've typed, go into the "more reply options" screen (if you aren't there already) and then just below where you type it says "view auto saved content" with a date and time in parentheses. To the right of the that there's 3 diagonal lines below the scroll bar in the box where you type. If you click those diagonal lines, it'll pop up another window with everything you had typed and you can tell it to restore it!  :yay  I'm so proud of myself right now!!

Well, off to work on this tote bag. Hope everyone had a great weekend! :ghug DH said while we were away that he knew I'd be happy to get back to my girls and he was right!  :yes  

:rotfl Katie those dreams are a riot! We had a baby shower to go to this afternoon and before we went I took a nap, and dreamed that we were on our way to the shower and suddenly my parents and sister and grandmother were in the car with us, and I was thinking to myself "s***, I either need to figure out how to remind them that they're not technically invited, or else call Sreya and warn her that we're bringing like four extra people!!" Then when I woke up I was very relieved that I didn't actually have to worry about it!  :yes

:rofl  lucky they were dreams, aren't we!! lol

Here is the pictures I promised to share.

pineknott thank you for all my squares. Love each and everyone of them.

The big squares are from all the ones that was sent from you guys. Thank you all! I really love each one!

post-73065-0-41031800-1433175196_thumb.jpg

post-73065-0-65264600-1433175215_thumb.jpg

post-73065-0-57515900-1433175242_thumb.jpg

Archived