Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

its just a wee bit cooler than yesterday,I'm back in from watering,there is an explosion of yellow star flowers on the cucumbers,and one teeny tiny baby cucumber starting :clap  :clap

have a great day,stay cool and hydrated,yesterday I had 6 waters and I can tell it helped,the sweat wasn't pouring off me in buckets as soon as I was out the door

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to church, kids bought me an Arby's roast beef, lettuce at Walmart for the tortle and then fed the horses between storms. Been crocheting.. I found a flower square pattern that was just a diagram. Took me a bit to figure out but now I can't stop making them. :P  When I get my invoices in, I'll get some puffies out to those I missed. I want to go make some more but my shoulder is killing me. Got an icy hot patch on it again but thinking I may have to go grab the heating pad. ugh. 

Well, I had good intentions to get on here last night, but too many people in the living room and not enough space to get out the laptop! We all made it back from Williamsburg yesterday afternoon and it was so nice to get in my own bed!  :c9  Nothing like it!

We had a great time though. We visited Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Busch Gardens and my brother-in-law didn't have any more issues! Of course, DH had to go and win the biggest stuffed thing he could find at Busch Gardens. It's a big "silly" (chili) pepper, as our 7 year old nephew calls it. DH is trying to convince SIL to take it back to Florida with them, but I'm not sure that will happen. If it stays, we'll just have an even bigger "baby gate" because it's the smaller version of this one that keeps Peanut off the stairs when he comes to visit!  :yes

SIL and her family left for Maryland this afternoon to visit some other friends and family and they'll be back Wednesday. In the meantime, DH and I are going to enjoy the quiet time!!  :yay  I love those kids, but DH and I have a very very quiet life and a 7 year old boy and a 10 year old girl make a lot of racket! Our niece decided she wanted to learn to crochet while she was here, so last night we started that. She's left-handed but she does some things with her right hand, thank goodness, so she's learning to crochet right-handed. Since I'm right-handed, I'd have a really hard time teaching her otherwise. She's doing really well though, she's got 5 rows of sc done so far!  :manyheart  When they get back Wednesday, we'll move on to dc, I think. 

Katie, hummingbird cake is one of my favorites! I love it!!  :yes My grandmother is a cookbook collector too, and I don't know if she's even made 5 recipes from the hundreds of books she has. She has 2 bookshelves crammed full, on the shelves normal and then stacked on top of that to where the shelves bow way down. She really likes the Southern Livings and the old church fundraiser cookbooks. She gets those at all the yard sales and estate sales she goes to. I have a lot of the Southern Living ones from my mom. Dad got her a subscription as a wedding present in 1978 and I have every one.

Tomorrow I think DH and I are going to the grocery store and Tuesday I'm going to visit Sister and Peanut and we're going to the pool. I can't wait to see the little stinker! Sister video called me today and Peanut just yelled "Tee!! Tee!!" and waved with both hands the whole time. :manyheart 

Well, I'm done yapping for now. I've got a Huggy Bunny to work on and my Uncle Sam afghan I'm starting. Plus another square is out for the Moogly CAL, so I have plenty to do! I'm glad to be back from vacation! :D  

nothing much going on here slow lazy day, but pleasent enought out there, mild evening, and maybe rain later, who knows anymore.Linda you have cukes aleady, wow, that is great, is this early for them, or about norma?

Is your shoulder injury a new one sopo, or the  old one acting up on you, would love to see your flowers too!!

hey ya viking, sounds like you are tuckered from the strawberry patch, we have two not to far away, but since the daughter grew up, I don't go much these days, lol but so much fun for kids, and in the fall, it's a haunted pumpkin patch, lol

Carol, enjoying your time off, I see.

Yarnscrapper, wow, she had a lot more cook books than me, lol, Im not getting anymore,lol for sure..wehave a Pampered Chef here,and I have a few spatulas, and a rolling pin with stand from there, lol it's cool, it's marble! I nver have used it, i have my mom's old wooden one, that i use  when I need a rolling pin! wellallfor now, gonna watch the boob tube, i guess. see you al tomorrow!

Good morning

out the door in a few minutes,still hot as haides here,ugh

7 or 8 flowers opened on zucchini,didn't go across the yard,the grass is wet from an overnite sprinkle

loving it,still his # 1 boring patient,I'll take that and see him in 6 months

Thanks sopo for the butterfly and square. Love them both!

To whom made the lovely bee for me. Is there a pattern for it. My sister and I are trying to make it and well let's just say it didn't come out right. I love the stinger you made . So if you could be so kind to direct me to the right pattern I would be so grateful.

Right now we made two nests for my sister grandchild for his birthday and we are going to attempt to make some baby birds today.

Been extremely busy will try to check in later.

Good Morning! I've been up for a while and I'm enjoying my lazy coffee and yarn. Nothing planned for today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

glad you got them owlvamp. Monday monday... not sure how I feel about that. lol 

Thank you Brenda for cheering it up with some beautiful squares and card. I'm going to go safety pin my cotton squares together and see if I can finish without any more oops. lol 

post-44513-0-80105100-1434386037_thumb.jpg

wow lots to comment on, lol

Nice squares, first of all, and welcome back yarnmonkey!

sounds like everyeone is doing rather well for a change, clean bill of health perhaps..

Hey,guess what.....

no, that's not it, guess again!!

NOpe, Ill just tell you...

This month, 3 years ago, we had our very first Biggest Square Winner!!!!!!!!

I had just taken over the thread the month before, and wanted to make it a little different, i guess, so we landed on BIggest Square of the month!!!!!!

Can you all remember who it was... Think now, way back, who was the very first Biggest Square?????

Well however many guessed Cindyssweetthings, are right, it was our cindy!! I just emailed her a note, and hope she stops in one day soon, and catches up with us!! Iknow with little ones, life gets crazy, but hope she finds the time to come in and chat with us all again, she is missed!! And we'd love to see pics of those little ones, they must be half grown by now, lol

So, three years huh, wow, let me refresh some memories here...

, I remember we probably had at least 30 members at that time, inclucing two from the UK and one or two from Austrailia, and one guy too!! It always is sad to remember the ones that have moved on, but I hope for them,life is good, and they are all well, and happy!!

Cindy won first biggest square in June 2012, we had 6 months and six winners that year.

Lil-mama won the first biggest square of 2013, in Jan..

In may that year, we had a free for all where people could send to whomever they wished to one or more, all month long...

Then, Jan 2014, Grannyannie became the first Biggiest Square,  

and in may that year, we had People's choice, again, mailing to whomever we wished all month long! .

And In Dec 2014 we had a Secret Santa, that was fun for all of us. mailing to a secret partner

In Jan this year, 2015, we started the Birthday bash, which of couse according to the month of their birthdays,

our first two birthday girls chosen, were Howieann, and tribble79!!!

April 2015, we had a charity month, where all who wanted to, worked for a charity here on the ville, or locally, which really was a good way to help others less fortunate perhaps then we are.

Thanks to you  all, we have a very active thread, and most of us post quite often on the thread. We have at least three resident square angels, that don't collect squares, but do send out squares, they are bgs, cshort, and yarnscapper, so a mighty thank you to you all as well!!! and to our active 21-25 thread members that contribute not only in squares, but posts, and RAOK's here on the thread and the ville as well, to you, also thank you!!

the reason for the rundown, ha ha, is that it has come to my attention, out of the members we have now, there are several that have not been a biggest square at all yet, oh maybe they have with their birthday month, but not just cause, you know. lol

And we are coming up on two dry months, July and Aug. with with no birthdays.......so      what to do.....

My proposal per your approval, would be, to divide the i think 5, members that have never been biggest square, into those two dry months, and shower them with squareness! there are five, so you could pick and chose one, or more of the names in the first month,( three in july probably,) and in august, the remaining two, names chosen at random, of course. I am ready to lead us through the drought of July and AUgust, all you need do, is grab ahold of a hose, or a hook,  and shower them with squares!!!

soooooo if I knew how to do a vote thing, lol Id do one here, anyone know how??? well on the safe side, if i don't figure it out, to go here in this thread, then why don't you all just pm me your opinions, and certainly if you have a better idea, I would love to hear about it, but this might be fun, espiceially for the new ones that never took part in Biggist Square!! Let me know please, what you think, a vote of yay, or nay, is fine, no other explanations required. thanks all, and might I say,

ahem, and wiping a tear from her eye....

the past three years have been fun, interesting, inspiring, pleasant,entertaining, and  fullfilling, not to mention the friends we have made along our way, a hand in time of need, a prayer or a thought for someone ailing, we've worked through them all, right here, on our thread..We have grown to really care about one another, and share our generous spirit with each other.

Oh the couches are 3 years older, and 3 years more worn than three years ago, but the coffee is always on, and I always keep diet coke in the fridge, so thank you, for coming in and spreading a little of your selves, and your lives, and sharing the good and the bad and the inbetween with us all. We are ONE here, and i know there will always be an ear to listen, or a hand to hold, or a strong arm to steady me in times of need. All  we got to do, is post!!!!  gotta love cyberville!! :ty

In this house, we always treat friends like family, and family, like friends....... :ghug

anonymous..

:help Rain, rain, and more rain. It needs to stop and dry out a bit.   Last Sat at my dad's we mowed, weedeated, then tilled the garden in the rain.  It was really too muddy to be in the garden.  We were a muddy drenched mess.  After our work session dad wanted to go out to eat.  He seems to eat better if we are there than he does if its just him and my stepmom.  I need a break in the rain so I can mow here and its too much and too tall to even think of tackling it in the rain.  

This am on the way to work dh had a close encounter with a deer.  It grazed our suv along the side tearing off the mirror on the drivers side, breaking the little plastic deal above the driver's window that lets you have the window down a little but keep rain out and left small dents all along the side. Looks like we will replace the mirror and just live with the other damage.  Normally dh would have been a small car going to work but he was dropping our suv off for regular maintenance and taking the bus on to work..  He said he saw the first one and had just about come to a stop when this one hit him.  dh is okay.  

sopo glad you got your squares

katy loved your summary.  Yep I often wonder about the ones that have disappeared and hope they are okay.  

owlvamp thought the bee pattern was gone as the site I got it from no longer exists but I found where she moved it to

http://crochetnplay.blogspot.com/2011/01/free-crochet-pattern-buzzy-bee.html

Well its off to do what I call nervous crochet-----crocheting to calm my nerves (and its even better if kitty sits in my lap while I am doing it)

glad you got them owlvamp. Monday monday... not sure how I feel about that. lol 

Thank you Brenda for cheering it up with some beautiful squares and card. I'm going to go safety pin my cotton squares together and see if I can finish without any more oops. lol 

Lovely squares!  :manyheart

:help Rain, rain, and more rain. It needs to stop and dry out a bit.   Last Sat at my dad's we mowed, weedeated, then tilled the garden in the rain.  It was really too muddy to be in the garden.  We were a muddy drenched mess.  After our work session dad wanted to go out to eat.  He seems to eat better if we are there than he does if its just him and my stepmom.  I need a break in the rain so I can mow here and its too much and too tall to even think of tackling it in the rain.  

This am on the way to work dh had a close encounter with a deer.  It grazed our suv along the side tearing off the mirror on the drivers side, breaking the little plastic deal above the driver's window that lets you have the window down a little but keep rain out and left small dents all along the side. Looks like we will replace the mirror and just live with the other damage.  Normally dh would have been a small car going to work but he was dropping our suv off for regular maintenance and taking the bus on to work..  He said he saw the first one and had just about come to a stop when this one hit him.  dh is okay.  

katy loved your summary.  Yep I often wonder about the ones that have disappeared and hope they are okay.  

owlvamp thought the bee pattern was gone as the site I got it from no longer exists but I found where she moved it to

Well its off to do what I call nervous crochet-----crocheting to calm my nerves (and its even better if kitty sits in my lap while I am doing it)

My mom did the same thing with eating! My grandmother would call me because "your mom said all she had was a bowl of cereal and that's unacceptable!!" and when we took her out to eat or brought food, she'd eat like she'd never seen food before. I'm glad your hubby came out okay in his run-in with the deer! We've had plenty of run-ins and close calls here, and it's always more chest pain than actual damage!!  :lol

Katie, I love the synopsis of our little group's history. I have wondered about a lot of the girls who've gone, but hopefully they'll find their way back. I know I've wandered off several times when life just got in the way!  :yes

Today, we slept in since we didn't have company and had a late lunch at a sandwich place and ran some errands. We went to AC Moore and I got some yarn, a hook and a Learn To Crochet book for my niece to take with her when they go home on Sunday. I really hope she keeps crocheting!  :manyheart Then we went by the grocery store since we have absolutely nothing in the house from being gone for a week. Now i'm doing laundry laundry and more laundry. Of course I had all the dirty stuff from vacation, but I think I'm having a reaction to the Tide DH bought the last time (I've always used Gain) because when I get hot or sweat, I break out in a rash. I can't figure out anything else new that we've started using, so we bought a small bottle of All Free & Clear and I'll wash all the important things and see what happens. Fingers crossed! I'm trying to avoid paying a dermatologist. 

Tomorrow is a trip to the pool with Sister and Peanut. I cannot wait to see him! It's been almost 2 weeks I think and I can't stand it! 

I'm finishing up the most recent Moogly CAL square tonight and working on Birthday girl squares. Hopefully I can get those out next week when our company has gone home. 

I hope everyone had a good Monday!  :ghug

Just a quick check in. I haven't been able to crochet much at all in the last couple of weeks. I really hope to get back to it soon... So much to do so little time!

Good Morning!

Sopo, those are beautiful squares.

bgs, that sounds scary, I'm glad your husband is ok and the damage to the car wasn't too bad.

yarn_monkey, enjoy your visit with your sister and Peanut.

Hi Tribble.

Katie, Biggest Square for July and August sounds good to me.

Of course I was awake early. I did some small chores around the house and now I am enjoying a cup of coffee. No big plans for today, maybe some crocheting or sewing, have I mentioned that I LOVE :wub:  summer break.

Brenda, glad your hubby wasn't hurt worse. I had that happen once, missed the first deer but the second had jumped and came down right at point of impact head on so nothing I could do.. smashed my vw beetle really good. Katie, I'm good with whatever everyone decides. I got the cotton squares together and one border. I need to pick up some black cotton to finish it. Had a few squares left over but will use them for another project. Didn't realize how heavy cotton is! lol Rain and more rain, expecting 5-7 more inches today/tomorrow. I need an ark. :P Hope you all have a good Tuesday.

Up at 5:30,out the door at 7,summer hrs for the car mechanic 6:30 - 3

watered a little later,found out the bees and other flying insects really like the zucchini flowers,they were thick around em.

weather man say this will be the hottest day so far this year,could bre,ak a record from 1991

have been keeping up with the water bottles,I find it really makes a difference,especially if I freeze it for an hour

lost train of thought ,Bgs,glad your hubby is okay,we have that a lot here too,and with the bear mating season,I'm surprised no one has encountered one on Interstate

Good afternoon!

My sister left and its so different here right now.

Cleaned up the yard and just put the last load of laundry in.

Next will have the girls start mowing grass. Didn't have time over the weekend to get it done.

Had a fuse replaced that was giving us problems. It kept blowing the breaker. Also had a an outlet fixed as well.

Replaced a window with plexi glass that Dan broke.

Taking Harlie to the vet this afternoon just to look at a swollen spot. Just to for me to make sure all is well.

It's been hot here too. Past 97 degrees for the last few days.

Hi all. Having a really bad week. My Grandma had fallen in her kitchen day before yesterday and she was taken to the hospital. They sent her home with an arm sling and said they would call with MRI results yesterday. Mom mom called me yesterday morning and said my Gran had passed away in her sleep. They are thinking she had internal bleeding that had been missed at the hospital. Could you all please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

oh my, your poor hubby and vehicle, not to mention the poor deer. I have come close a couple of time, but now they have these whistler things you put on the front of your car, and it is supposed to scare the deer away from the roadside, must work, haven't hit one ever since moving here, and even before. in fact ever, lol,I would be shaken up horribly!!

Nervous crochet is a  nerve soother, for sure, I totally agree.

Yep those of us that have been here a while, wonder about those that have moved on, it's only natural i guess, hope all is well for them..

Lovely squares!  :manyheart

My mom did the same thing with eating! My grandmother would call me because "your mom said all she had was a bowl of cereal and that's unacceptable!!" and when we took her out to eat or brought food, she'd eat like she'd never seen food before. I'm glad your hubby came out okay in his run-in with the deer! We've had plenty of run-ins and close calls here, and it's always more chest pain than actual damage!!  :lol

Katie, I love the synopsis of our little group's history. I have wondered about a lot of the girls who've gone, but hopefully they'll find their way back. I know I've wandered off several times when life just got in the way!  :yes

Today, we slept in since we didn't have company and had a late lunch at a sandwich place and ran some errands. We went to AC Moore and I got some yarn, a hook and a Learn To Crochet book for my niece to take with her when they go home on Sunday. I really hope she keeps crocheting!  :manyheart Then we went by the grocery store since we have absolutely nothing in the house from being gone for a week. Now i'm doing laundry laundry and more laundry. Of course I had all the dirty stuff from vacation, but I think I'm having a reaction to the Tide DH bought the last time (I've always used Gain) because when I get hot or sweat, I break out in a rash. I can't figure out anything else new that we've started using, so we bought a small bottle of All Free & Clear and I'll wash all the important things and see what happens. Fingers crossed! I'm trying to avoid paying a dermatologist. 

Tomorrow is a trip to the pool with Sister and Peanut. I cannot wait to see him! It's been almost 2 weeks I think and I can't stand it! 

I'm finishing up the most recent Moogly CAL square tonight and working on Birthday girl squares. Hopefully I can get those out next week when our company has gone home. 

I hope everyone had a good Monday!  :ghug

boy you keep going and going and going!! where do you get your batteries, Energizer, lol Have fun with the little one, and about the rash, that is funny, might just be the detergent you never know.

Just a quick check in. I haven't been able to crochet much at all in the last couple of weeks. I really hope to get back to it soon... So much to do so little time!

hA, summer is supposed to be a time of rest, but seems we all don't use it that way, just take a breath, slow down, and relax for a bit, just for you!!

Good Morning!

Sopo, those are beautiful squares.

bgs, that sounds scary, I'm glad your husband is ok and the damage to the car wasn't too bad.

yarn_monkey, enjoy your visit with your sister and Peanut.

Hi Tribble.

Katie, Biggest Square for July and August sounds good to me.

Of course I was awake early. I did some small chores around the house and now I am enjoying a cup of coffee. No big plans for today, maybe some crocheting or sewing, have I mentioned that I LOVE :wub:  summer break.

Humm, yep seems to me, I HAVE heard you say that sometime before, lol glad you got your reward for working so hard all year!!

Brenda, glad your hubby wasn't hurt worse. I had that happen once, missed the first deer but the second had jumped and came down right at point of impact head on so nothing I could do.. smashed my vw beetle really good. Katie, I'm good with whatever everyone decides. I got the cotton squares together and one border. I need to pick up some black cotton to finish it. Had a few squares left over but will use them for another project. Didn't realize how heavy cotton is! lol Rain and more rain, expecting 5-7 more inches today/tomorrow. I need an ark. :P Hope you all have a good Tuesday.

Good sopo, thanks for checking in with the vote thing, appreciate it!!! We are running toward doing it, so far we are in th positive anyway, lol

Up at 5:30,out the door at 7,summer hrs for the car mechanic 6:30 - 3

watered a little later,found out the bees and other flying insects really like the zucchini flowers,they were thick around em.

weather man say this will be the hottest day so far this year,could bre,ak a record from 1991

have been keeping up with the water bottles,I find it really makes a difference,especially if I freeze it for an hour

lost train of thought ,Bgs,glad your hubby is okay,we have that a lot here too,and with the bear mating season,I'm surprised no one has encountered one on Interstate

oh bears, i hate bears,nothing I have ever seen,read or heard, is ever good when it comes to bears!! Im glad they aren't indiginous to nebraska, Id have to move...lol

Good afternoon!

My sister left and its so different here right now.
Cleaned up the yard and just put the last load of laundry in.

Next will have the girls start mowing grass. Didn't have time over the weekend to get it done.
Had a fuse replaced that was giving us problems. It kept blowing the breaker. Also had a an outlet fixed as well.
Replaced a window with plexi glass that Dan broke.

Taking Harlie to the vet this afternoon just to look at a swollen spot. Just to for me to make sure all is well.

It's been hot here too. Past 97 degrees for the last few days.

aw, you miss sis, another busy busy bee sandra!! When my sister came for a week or two, I of course missed her so much too, but was sortof nice getting back to my own routine again too, so either way, you know...

Hi all. Having a really bad week. My Grandma had fallen in her kitchen day before yesterday and she was taken to the hospital. They sent her home with an arm sling and said they would call with MRI results yesterday. Mom mom called me yesterday morning and said my Gran had passed away in her sleep. They are thinking she had internal bleeding that had been missed at the hospital. Could you all please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Gosh Lacey,. I am so very sorry to hear this, I was not expecting to read that... My sincere condolences for you and yours.. Rip Grandma..

Ok,on to some other topic now, that is very sad,..

I am going to email those that have not been biggest Square yet, and ask them to update their preferences for us, just in case this BIggest Square idea flies for July and Aug, i would like to be ready, lol

If you don't get an email, or pm from m e, and you have NOT been Biggest Square (due to joining us later, or etc) please let me know as soon as possible, so I can get  your updates,and confirm your addys... So far as i counted, there are five, sooooo. Im off to do that soon,oh,and I have pics  to post too, another baby ghan,and two scrappy scarves, lol, that will be done soon too, in the appropriate threads!!! ok everyone, remember to put you two cents in on the 5 Biggest Squares we probably will be doing in our two dry months, July and aug!!!        thanks again all!!!

Lacey so sorry to hear about your grandma.  My condolences to you and your family.   :hug  :hug

yarn_monkey back when we used powder laundry detergent Tide was one of the few I could use without breaking out but it had to be plain old Tide.  I broke out when we tried the Tide with bleach and i break out using oxyclean.  Regular old liquid bleach no problem.  

katy we are not so sure about those whistles.  We had a friend that hit one witihin a couple of  weeks after putting them on his car and to add insult to injury after he hit the one a  buck came over and kicked the side of his car.  

It's raining again today. sopo know what you mean about the ark, after all the rain we had in May we got 7 inches on the third, then 3 more a day later, and at the very least showers every day except for two sunny dry days,  It's really starting to become mentally oppressive. 

mil preferred tide,I don't know how they changed from the original,but when she used it,I'd go in the garage and have a coughing fit from it.

I'm allergic to Ivory soap,when I was going to nursing school that's all we could use,and I had lobster red hands all the time.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss ImmaFreek

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hey,guess what.....

no, that's not it, guess again!!

NOpe, Ill just tell you...

This month, 3 years ago, we had our very first Biggest Square Winner!!!!!!!!

I had just taken over the thread the month before, and wanted to make it a little different, i guess, so we landed on BIggest Square of the month!!!!!!

Can you all remember who it was... Think now, way back, who was the very first Biggest Square?????

Well however many guessed Cindyssweetthings, are right, it was our cindy!! I just emailed her a note, and hope she stops in one day soon, and catches up with us!! Iknow with little ones, life gets crazy, but hope she finds the time to come in and chat with us all again, she is missed!! And we'd love to see pics of those little ones, they must be half grown by now, lol

So, three years huh, wow, let me refresh some memories here...

Wowowowowow, 3 years! And what a hook full of memories! :D lol I remember being a part of the group before 2012, missed the grand reopening, as it were, lol but I'm so happy to be a part of this group again! (Even though I've been in and out.  :embar  lol) 

I'm completely open to majority rules on this one, doing biggest square sounds good to me! :D

I'm so so sorry for your loss, I will be praying for you all! 

Lacey, I'm so sorry!  :hug Thoughts and prayers absolutely going your way! 

oh my, your poor hubby and vehicle, not to mention the poor deer. I have come close a couple of time, but now they have these whistler things you put on the front of your car, and it is supposed to scare the deer away from the roadside, must work, haven't hit one ever since moving here, and even before. in fact ever, lol,I would be shaken up horribly!!

Nervous crochet is a  nerve soother, for sure, I totally agree.

Yep those of us that have been here a while, wonder about those that have moved on, it's only natural i guess, hope all is well for them..

boy you keep going and going and going!! where do you get your batteries, Energizer, lol Have fun with the little one, and about the rash, that is funny, might just be the detergent you never know.

hA, summer is supposed to be a time of rest, but seems we all don't use it that way, just take a breath, slow down, and relax for a bit, just for you!!

Humm, yep seems to me, I HAVE heard you say that sometime before, lol glad you got your reward for working so hard all year!!

Good sopo, thanks for checking in with the vote thing, appreciate it!!! We are running toward doing it, so far we are in th positive anyway, lol

oh bears, i hate bears,nothing I have ever seen,read or heard, is ever good when it comes to bears!! Im glad they aren't indiginous to nebraska, Id have to move...lol

aw, you miss sis, another busy busy bee sandra!! When my sister came for a week or two, I of course missed her so much too, but was sortof nice getting back to my own routine again too, so either way, you know...

Gosh Lacey,. I am so very sorry to hear this, I was not expecting to read that... My sincere condolences for you and yours.. Rip Grandma..

Ok,on to some other topic now, that is very sad,..

I am going to email those that have not been biggest Square yet, and ask them to update their preferences for us, just in case this BIggest Square idea flies for July and Aug, i would like to be ready, lol

If you don't get an email, or pm from m e, and you have NOT been Biggest Square (due to joining us later, or etc) please let me know as soon as possible, so I can get  your updates,and confirm your addys... So far as i counted, there are five, sooooo. Im off to do that soon,oh,and I have pics  to post too, another baby ghan,and two scrappy scarves, lol, that will be done soon too, in the appropriate threads!!! ok everyone, remember to put you two cents in on the 5 Biggest Squares we probably will be doing in our two dry months, July and aug!!!        thanks again all!!!

I think it's just because I only stay busy doing stuff I want to do... I always put off and put off and put off everything I really should be doing in favor of the fun stuff!  :lol Biggest Square for these free months sounds good to me! 

Sister, Peanut and I had fun at her apartment complex pool this afternoon. We didn't stay long because it was so hot and Peanut wore himself out, but it was fun while it lasted. His little swimmy diaper under his swim bottoms makes his rear end look all poofy like Donald Duck or somebody and it makes him walk funny and I couldn't stop laughing at him! He was happy to see me though, and kept trying to share his sippy cup and string cheese with me. 

Tonight I got a couple star appliques done for my Uncle Sam afghan and got a body, head and 2 ears done on the new Huggy Bunny. I'm hoping to finish Huggy tomorrow night so my niece and nephew don't see it when they get here on Thursday and want one. These things look so cute but they are a gigantic pain in the rear with this Bernat Baby Blanket yarn. 

Tomorrow is just grocery store and Hallmark because I need to get a Father's Day card in the mail. Other than that, I don't think I'll get into too much, maybe just a little straightening up for the family to come back. We haven't messed things up too bad though, so it should be hard! Lol 

Hope everyone has a good night. I'll be back tomorrow!  :)

Archived