Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello!

Of course my body didn't get the memo that says I can sleep all morning so I was awake at my normal 4:30 am but went back to sleep for an hour. Then got up and moving was out the door by 7 to go to Walmart, bought more stuff than I had planned to but its all good. Went home, put groceries away, cleaned out the refrigerator, cleaned the cat box. Then I went to the movies to see Tomorrowland which I really liked. Stopped at Publix to get a few things that Walmart didn't have. Now I have laundry going and I think I will spend the afternoon crocheting. I love summer time! I hope everyone is having a good day.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cshort  :ty so much for  the card and little bag you sent.   I love the bag so much.  I was looking at it and remembered that you were an excellent seamstress and then it dawned on me that you made it.  It is made much nicer than anything a person would ever find at a store.    post-11309-0-78106600-1433799773_thumb.jpg

It rained again Sat am but dh mowed and weed eated my dad's yard anyway while my niece and I trimmed bushes.  We actually went for 24 hours with no rain but it rained again late last night into the early am.  The ditches along the roads are full, ponds are overflowing, rivers and streams are out of their banks.  

Well got off work this morning laid down to sleep just a couple of hours and slept the whole day! I hate it when I do that especially since I have to go back to work Wednesday at 7pm... Ick!!!!! So have to go make supper.

Tomorrow I need to give our dogs and cats baths and put on flea treatments. Was going to do that today... No crocheting done again. I really need to get back to it.

I am supposed to start on Hubby's steeley mcbeam doll. And I don't have an actual pattern for him. Just a picture and a doll pattern. Gonna be an adventure I am sure.

Have a wonderful night all!

Well got off work this morning laid down to sleep just a couple of hours and slept the whole day! I hate it when I do that especially since I have to go back to work Wednesday at 7pm... Ick!!!!! So have to go make supper.

Tomorrow I need to give our dogs and cats baths and put on flea treatments. Was going to do that today... No crocheting done again. I really need to get back to it.

I am supposed to start on Hubby's steeley mcbeam doll. And I don't have an actual pattern for him. Just a picture and a doll pattern. Gonna be an adventure I am sure.

Have a wonderful night all!

I didn't have a clue who that was,so looked it up,good luck on that adventure

I pulled out two and a half rows of border on my rainbow-ghan tonight (roughly a week's work on each >_< ) because I found a light green yarn after all. It was really bugging me going from yellow to dark hunter green. Bad enough that i decided to fix it.

Ok, DH is downstairs now ironing and TV watching; I'm going to go work on a present and watch with him; we've barely ever watched TV together since we moved!

Good Morning everyone

well its a soggy day here,glad I was able to get a lot of work done in the yard yesterday

I've really cut down on the 360 degree view of black eyed susies,they were EVERYWHERE,they are nice,but one clump of them is just fine,next to go is the blankity blank morning glory vines,slowly but surely we are taming this jungle of a yard

Good Morning!

Bgs, I'm glad the bag made it safely to you and I'm really glad you like it. You are so generous to all of us that I wanted to do a little something special for you.  I hope the rain lets up in your area soon.

I am planning to attend a sewing guild meeting this afternoon but need to have fabric cut to take with me for a bag we are making. I haven't seen the bag just have measurements to cut rectangles so I'm kinda flying blind on this but I think the fabrics I've picked will make a cute bag.

Guess that's about it for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

Bgs,a nd carol, what a fabulous bag, i love it!! Nice job Carol, and lucky you bgs!! what a darling surprise!!!

Hi viking, seems you have been burning the candle at both ends, lol, how is little guy doing??? I judy a bit ago, redid my closet from witnter to summer, what a chore, lol but it is done now...

Pineknot, good job on the yard, probably looks much roomier now, with some of that lovely growing things more in order, lol

Tribble, I remember those days, I never bathed a cat, but we did put frontline on them, all three, and the doggie too, was expensive, but something you have to do, I guess.the doggie was never a problem, but Max the cat does not like it much, so you have to sneak up on him, sleeping, do it, and geterdone, while he is groggy,lol // It's the only way!!

brunch was today, that was fun to say the least, nice company, butterflies went out, happy to be able to spread their wings in a new h ome, lol.. They all loved them... Our two sugery girls,were there, and doing fine, was good to see them all, after these past two brunches were canceled.. Allin all, Im suffed full, and knew if i didn't get that closet done soon, it wasn't happening today, but i did, and it is, and done!! checkin that off my to do list this week anyway!!!..

Oh foegot to add, i do need to clean out the "cookbook' cupboard, as I sure don't use all of them anymore, just have one fav. and that is my mom's, and then i use the internet a lot too, so the others, maybe I  can sell or give to one of my brunch buddies, lol there are lots of them, tired of the room they take up in that "baking" cupboard, have to fight to get the mixing bowl and mixer out all the time, lololol....So, maybe this afternoon, tat willbe my job!! Who knows, you know, this Bacon-egg-cheesburger omelet has got to wear off sometime today, and my energy will drop fast, lol...............takecare all, storms later, keep dry, and out of the lightning!!!!   :heart 

Little Viking is doing so much better now, Katie, thanks for asking! We've got some antibiotics to finish up but no more eardrops, which he is very happy about. Very!

We are definitely burning all the candles at all the ends lately.... We've been having some serious conversation lately about how to fix that, but we haven't made much progress yet. I can't help feeling that getting the new house organized will help, but IRL I know it probably won't.... :no

We had a tornado watch last night. Nothing happened, but the first thing LV wanted to know was "Where's the tornado?"

I hope you're able to find homes for the extra books! We took a ton of books to the library for the book sale while we were packing to move. And there's still so many everywhere!

I hope y'all are having a more productive day than me. :-/ We just spent an hour on snack, but it looks like he's going to play Legos for a bit so maybe I can get a little work done!

viking glad to hear little viking is doing better.  Just taking care of one house and yard can be a lot of work and you with two each right now, working, and little viking I don't know how you even have time to think about crocheting.   I would have pulled the afghan apart too.  A couple of years ago I nearly had a large one with granny squares all put together using the flat braid method and when I layed it out to look at it there was something I just didn't like about one of the squares in the middle of it.  I debated just leaving it the way it was because I was most likely the only one that would notice it.  These were squares my aunt had made and I was putting it together for my sister.  I took it apart and replaced the square.  

Well we have gone over 24 hours with no rain :clap  :clap .  The sun has been out and it is hot hot hot,  I don't do so well working outside in the heat for very long but right now we are thankful for the heat so it can dry things up a bit.   I can't believe how much thngs in the garden have grown in just a few days........and well the grass too.  . 

Brenda that was my thought process too - that probably no one would notice it (it IS in the border, after all) and I would *probably* forget about it after I was done... I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to rip that much out to correct something small! :lol

I think I've been making myself yarn lately just to try to feel like I'm accomplishing something! At least when you're working with yarn you've got a finished product at the end, or progress toward one. Not like sweeping the floor where you get to temporarily have a clean floor and then it goes away. :P I've never been so grateful to have the husband I do than I have been lately! Well, no, I exaggerate. I have often been this grateful for him. But he's been pretty necessary lately - I don't know how single parents manage it all! I am eternally in awe of them.

hey ya sandra, what's keeping you so busy, i hope its something good!!

Don't have a lot time right now. Been so busy I don't have time to sit for long. Will check in late.

bet mom and dad are happy too,the ear drops are over with, lol Just slow down, and breathe,lol

Little Viking is doing so much better now, Katie, thanks for asking! We've got some antibiotics to finish up but no more eardrops, which he is very happy about. Very!

We are definitely burning all the candles at all the ends lately.... We've been having some serious conversation lately about how to fix that, but we haven't made much progress yet. I can't help feeling that getting the new house organized will help, but IRL I know it probably won't.... :no

We had a tornado watch last night. Nothing happened, but the first thing LV wanted to know was "Where's the tornado?"

I hope you're able to find homes for the extra books! We took a ton of books to the library for the book sale while we were packing to move. And there's still so many everywhere!

I hope y'all are having a more productive day than me. :-/ We just spent an hour on snack, but it looks like he's going to play Legos for a bit so maybe I can get a little work done!

I have never had to pull on that was tht close to finished, thank goodness, but Ihave certainly done my share of frogging too!! exasperating, to say the least, but I know in most cases, I would be the one not happy till I fixed it....

viking glad to hear little viking is doing better.  Just taking care of one house and yard can be a lot of work and you with two each right now, working, and little viking I don't know how you even have time to think about crocheting.   I would have pulled the afghan apart too.  A couple of years ago I nearly had a large one with granny squares all put together using the flat braid method and when I layed it out to look at it there was something I just didn't like about one of the squares in the middle of it.  I debated just leaving it the way it was because I was most likely the only one that would notice it.  These were squares my aunt had made and I was putting it together for my sister.  I took it apart and replaced the square.  

Well we have gone over 24 hours with no rain :clap  :clap .  The sun has been out and it is hot hot hot,  I don't do so well working outside in the heat for very long but right now we are thankful for the heat so it can dry things up a bit.   I can't believe how much thngs in the garden have grown in just a few days........and well the grass too.  . 

Brenda that was my thought process too - that probably no one would notice it (it IS in the border, after all) and I would *probably* forget about it after I was done... I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to rip that much out to correct something small! :lol

I think I've been making myself yarn lately just to try to feel like I'm accomplishing something! At least when you're working with yarn you've got a finished product at the end, or progress toward one. Not like sweeping the floor where you get to temporarily have a clean floor and then it goes away. :P I've never been so grateful to have the husband I do than I have been lately! Well, no, I exaggerate. I have often been this grateful for him. But he's been pretty necessary lately - I don't know how single parents manage it all! I am eternally in awe of them.

round of applause for Mr.Viking everyone!! Sounds like he's a keeper Lauren!!

Good evening all. A lot has been happening here and I have been so busy hopping all day.

The vet that came in town yesterday just loved Harlie. She looked at her yesterday and said she needed the surgery ASAP. So she evaluated her , took X-rays and decided she was doing right then. So Harlie had surgery yesterday morning. Been so lost without her here but picked her up this morning. She was so happy to be home. Talked with the vet yesterday three times and again today. She is just wonderful. They also took X-rays of her hips and other leg. All is awesome with them. Now still really pinch tons of pennies and get the rest paid off. This morning she wouldnt eat what they offered or potty for them. She waited to get home. She is a stinker like that. She is resting and doing awesome.

Sister comes in town tomorrow evening. I got to get this place cleaned. Been out of town a few times and oldest daughter has a spur in her heal and couldn't work today. Took care of little man for a little while she came here before his appointment.

Last day of school tomorrowfor Baby then she has graduation meeting for the walking on stage correctly. Then Friday is the big day! She graduates. I need to order her cake tomorrow and get stuff for party on Saturday. I have way to many things to get done before Saturday. WIll i get them done? I will die trying. I m so tired I cant tell you.

Good Morning!

owlvamp, I hope Harley recovers quickly. It sounds like your family is keeping you busy, congratulations on your daughter's upcoming graduation.

viking, glad to hear the little guy is doing better.

I'm already in my sewing room this morning and plan to spend the day here.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning

gonna be a hot and sticky one here today,I'll have to keep the hair pinned up so I don't scare anyone looking like Bozo the clown with a bad hair day,haven't done veggie patrol yet,but those flowers are starting get ready to open,so it won't be long till we have cucumbers and zucchini & cherry tomatoes

Good morning. Been up sense 2 this morning and been on the go ever sense. Needed to get an address and then came home gave Harlie medicine and Dan. Dan isnt feeling well and I have had to clean is crate twice and cleaned up the yard. Then cleaned up the den and now working on the kitchen area. Got Baby to school. Last day today HURRAY!!!

Got to get in the shower and off to order the cake. Almost forgot again. Need to upload a picture that i want on the cake.

MAde a few phone calls already and have a few more to go.

off i go and will try to check in later if I dont you know i just collasped from lack of sleep and I am just dog gone exhausted.

owlvamp glad Harley had his surgery and I hope he recovers quickly.   Congratulations on  your daughter's graduation.  I hope you get rested up so you can enjoy it and your sister's visit.

viking I second katy's around of applause for Mr. Viking----I was impressed when you said he was ironing. 

cshort I hope you really got to spend the day in your sewing room

pineknott I have tomatoes that have set on but no blooms yet on the cukes.  It's hot and sunny here today.  I never thought I would be so grateful for it to be this hot but after all the rain its badly needed to dry things out.  I still have lots of squishy places in the yard.  At times the ground was so wet you could actually pull large dandelions and get the whole root----- this was in clay.

hi all

so glad for you and for Harlie sandra, Im glad he will be ok n ow..

drying out here a bit too bgs, but, tomorrow, maybe some rain. Handyman got the deck restained today,. while there was a window of no rain, lol and it is dried now, and looks like new.. he still has the railposts to do, but that won't take long Im sure..

So, didn't go anywhere today, stayed in, and dusted, and cleaned one of the curio cabinets, lol,the other has all the clocks in it, and that one takes a long time, lol  no pun intended, just a happy accident!!!

nothing much else to report, slow news day,ha ha,hope everyone is doing well,and enjoying their week so far!

Good Morning everyone

these weeks are just flying by,HS graduation is this Friday,lets see if the rain holds off,since the early 90's,I don't think they have had a dry graduation.

A fly-by good morning!!

I have been lurking but not posting... :D

Extremely busy at work and I'm loving it.  We were so slow for the last six months and that makes for long days. :P

Plus had company this past weekend and we played and played and played!!!

Hoping to get back to crochetting this weekend.

Tata for now. :manyheart

Archived