Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

What a sweet kitty! That's a lucky find, all right.

I'm just making a list of squares that I've got to make, my work time has been limited lately and I'm really trying to get this afghan for my in-laws done, which is going to take a while!

Ok, I'm supposed to be in a meeting in a few minutes. Everybody is talking and it's hard to concentrate; I'm not even sure what it was I wanted to say. Just learned we're looking at more severe storms this afternoon, too. Is it time to go he yet??

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness,we had a cat with big ears like that,the running joke when she was little was " hope she grows into those ears"

she always had those big ears,but not as noticeable when she got much older

the kitty appeared to make you feel better

Justaddglitter, a big thank you for my beautiful blue square. What kind of yarn is that? It's SO soft. :)  Thanks again.

You're so welcome, I hope you can use it!  :hug  It's I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby  :yes

Speaking of Hobby Lobby, I tried out some of this yarn from Yarn Bee: Soft Secret. I typically don't use slick type yarns because I find that I grip them harder and they trash my hands. But this color was so pretty and I just joined a prayer shawl ministry so I'm trying it. BUT the splits, knots, and general yarn falling apart in this skein is the WORST. It's really horrible and now I'm like, how can I give this to a total stranger if it's going to have bits and pieces falling off or sticking up? I'm really not sure if I should keep going or not.  :cry

Okay, enough of that whining....I GOT SQUARES!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-50331-0-36718300-1436464579_thumb.jpg

They are brighter than the sun and they are AWESOME.  :c9  Thank you Katy!!!  :hug

wowzers, a new kitty to love!!!I Ialready love RUdy, the cutie, and and sooo glad you can keep him, sometimes, our guardian angels know what will perk us up, and send us a helper, and Rudy is surely that, and such a purrrrfect angel, too.

You are welcome maggi, you said bright, right, lol, I don't think anyone can argue with those!!!

I think there is a link in the help section, that tells you how to do it, whomever asked,about the link thing,  I could explain it, but I suck at explaining technical things like that, it's not hard, just that Im not good at it........i just poked around,and fiddled with it a bit,  before I got it down pat, lol..

speaking of which, my All Jiffy Yarn baby blanket is done, and posted here, if you wanna take a peek, Im happy with it, thought at first it might e too heavy, but its not, it's not anymore heavy than if I did it with reguar 4 ply, so there's a lesson learned, lol...

0h, i just did it, ,   matter of habit, ok, I highlighted the word or words I wanted to be the link, then I hit the ninth button from the top where you see B I U S, etc above this box, and clicked on the little icon that looks like glasses, then a box pops up, and you have to already have copied your link, then you just paste it in the box, where it says URL, and then just hit OK, and done... HOpe you can understand that, lol if not, there is a help section that I am sure has it in there..... 

yarnscrapper I have been to your area a couple of times and really enjoyed it.  You can just copy a link and paste it into your post.  It's not as neat and tidy that way but it will get us there.  That's what I have to do most of the time (when this site, my computer and internet connection refuse to play nice).

sopo such a sweet kitty.  I am glad Rudy showed up and your landlord said it was okay to keep it.  We had a little black kitten show up just as our last dog was fading away.  At the time we did not want to become emotionally invested in another critter but ..........  Then she was to be a barn cat well.......She is asleep on the sofa right now.  She has such a calming effect on dh.  

katy such pretty squares you mailed out.  I need to get busy on this month's squares..  I have been working on using up some of my aunts yarn making hats to donate.  Then last Sat my niece asked if I could make her a flip flop potholder.  I almost have it done.  Found a flip flop dishcloth pattern in a book so just making it two thicknesses.  

Hello!

I saw some very pretty squares and a cute kitty. It looks like you are all keeping busy. I spent yesterday helping my daughter pack and today in my sewing room working on the little dress. Tomorrow I will be up and out early to go to the walk through with my daughter and son-in-law then to the closing, after that we need to finish packing and then clean the new house. The movers will be there Saturday morning and then I will be helping with unpacking. I am so excited for them. I think I'm going to try to do a little crocheting tonight. Have a great evening!

speaking of which, my All Jiffy Yarn baby blanket is done, and posted here, if you wanna take a peek, Im happy with it, thought at first it might e too heavy, but its not, it's not anymore heavy than if I did it with reguar 4 ply, so there's a lesson learned, lol...

I love it!

Good Morning

A little less hot here today,oh that sure is welcome,yesterday had to water the yard twice

well,I'm binge reading a book,the nerve of someone putting a hold on it before I was ready to give it up,oh well !!

doing a postal run for hubby,and also a library run too

Yarnmonkey, thank you for the stunning squares. You guys put me to shame with your beautiful work. They are both beautiful but that blue is just wow!

Kitty is totally at home and I am loving him so much. Made a bad month so much better. Hope you all have a good weekend.

post-44513-0-00403200-1436572232_thumb.jpg

wow nice squares!! Everyone here does such nice work!!!

How is RudyCUtie doing, lol, I love kitties, and am down to one now, he needs a playmate, but not sure how he would act towards someone that is going to get half the love, half the petting, the brushing, the treats, the love, etc, and for sure, sharing HIS litter box, so am holding off till Max mellows a bit!! I woulda taken him in, instantly too, so good going, you probably saved his little life, from at least a lot of suffereing and struggling, not to mention danger, and hungar, and love, the most important ingredient!! I love him, and you too, for rescuing him!!!!!!!!!!!! one word of advice however, keep the door closed to the hedgie room, if you still have um. lol

Going to attempt making a baby ghan using Caron pound of love in a soft white and yellow using my own ripple pattern. I tried to graph it out, but my math is horrible so we will see how it goes lol.

post-39682-0-56651600-1436637682_thumb.jpg

glad you liked it yarnscrapper!!!

a little warm today, herat warning, or whatever they call it is out for the rest of the day, and tomorrow, probably too, so Im staying in for the night, lol, might venture out a bit in the am, we'll see  then!

nice job yarnmonkey, you go girl!!!!!!!!

well,gonna go find something cool to do, lol maybe hook a bit, I dunno.takecare all.....

Hi all! Just dropping in to say hi and hope everyone is doing well. Nice job on the pattern Sissy! If you need to, tweak it as you go...it's what I do! Lol

On another note, my hand is feeling somewhat better, so I'm going to try working on my scarf later or tomorrow. And my embroidery is going OK (I can do it in a brace!!!). I'll post a pic when the first design on the sheet is done :)

I guess that's about it for now, I'll let you all know how my crochet test run goes tomorrow!

hi squares! well, hot all around it seems tonight, huh, we are all going through this heat wave???? I did keep myself busy, working on a scarf, and a distowel, the girls over at the dishtowel swap, got me  inspired to try to make a couple, either for myself or friends so am trying that out, checking out stithes, and sizes, and such..

nothing else new to report for tonight so ill sign off for now,and catch you all again tomorrow!!! have a great evening all!!!

Just popping in to let you know I'm still here. I spent the past 2 days helping my daughter and son-in-law move and start unpacking. She had to work today so I get a day to rest so I can go back tomorrow to unpack more boxes. I'm also going to try out their new pool. My other daughter and grandchildren will also be there tomorrow to see the house and help. I made some cupcakes to take tomorrow, did some laundry, and now I am going to relax and crochet. Have a great day!

cshort: Ooooo new pool and cupcakes, best day ever! lol

Busy day today, now trying to stay awake when all I want to do is sleep. lol We got quite a bit of rain this evening, hoping it will break up some of this heat. lol

Hope you're all having a great day!  :hug

wow a cool pool, and cupcakes,that sounds delish, what time are we supposed to be there again?? lol I jus ran across my swim suit this aft, was going to try it on, yeah, it fits still, lol, so that is neato, my daughter has a pool too, so swimming there anytime, is a good perk too!!! should have thought of that much earlier, and would have cooled off this mierable hot day lol.

nothing much else on the agenda, stay in and try to stay cool, this is usually the time of the year the ac units go out, so hopefully, we all had that spring/summer check up on them right!!! 

:yes

katy its miserably hot here too--heat index today is 115.  I ran my errands this morning as soon as places opened.  It's days like this I wish they opened earlier.  

July packages are in the mail with estimated delivery date of Thurs on all three.

Tonight we will be having green beans, potatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes from our garden along with pork chops.  Then we will have a blackberry cobbler made from berries from our briars.  Wish I had remembered to grab some vanilla ice cream to go with it.  

Archived