Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

katy good to see your post.  That was the longest time I can remember that you went with out posting here so was starting to get concerned.  It's incredible what changing keyboards do to our typing.  After a year or so I still don't do as well with this one as I do our old one and heaven help me when I use the laptop keyboard instead of the separate keyboard.  The old keyboard is bigger, angled better and the keys are deeper---its more like the old nice office electric typewriters.  If you find a good use for the novelty yarns let me know because the best use I have found for it is making scarves on the knifty knitter.   I have made a ton of those and still have way too much of the stuff laying around. It might work out pretty good for shawls but I haven't made any of those.   I have used it to make hair scrunchies and to add trim to purchased gloves but you don't use up much very fast.  I don't think it's all that great for amigurumi unless you really need fuzzy yarn.  Amigurumi uses tight stitches with a smallish hook and the fuzzy stuff works best with a larger hook and the fuzz tends to go to the inside------at least that's my take on it.   

yarn_monkey our bodies repair themselves while we sleep so  :sleep  :sleep  :sleep

Our cooler days  have passed.  It's steamy again.  We have gone 5 days without rain----that's the longest since the end of April.  With all the heat the grass is finally slowing down.

HELLO, AND i SEE CONGRATS ARE IN ORDER FOR IMMAFREEK, YAY.LOLOL. GREAT NEWS!!

jo ANN, CAROL, BGS, HOWIE GLITTER, ARLENE, LINDA, SOPO, AND ALL ELSE THAT FLEW BY, GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN, NOW NEED TO HEAR FROM ANGEL, AND KIM, LOL TAPPING MY FOOT, ARE YA OUT THERE TOO LADIESAAAAA//

AAI HAE DISCOVERED I CAN'T TYPANYMORE, MAYBE IT SI THE KEYBOARD, i DUNNO, i KEPT THE OLD ONE, MIGHT RE ATTATH THAT TOMORROW, IF i STILL CAN'T TYPE RIGHT, LOL IF IT'S NOT THAT, MEANS ITS me, WOW,,,,,,THAT WOULD SUCK LOL

HOT HERE STILL, HEADACHY THE LAST FEW DAYS, FEELING OK TONIGHT, BUT NOT LIKE I WANNA GET INTO ANYTHING MUCH THAT TAKES ANY CONCENTRATION, YOU KNOW,LOL 

JUST BOOB TUING IT TONIGHT........... NO OTHER NEWS TO REPORT REALLY, SAME OLD STUFF YOU KNOW, JUS THAT' ITS FRIDAY TOMORROW, RIGHT, LOL WELCOME BACK YARNMONKEY TOO, AND SCRAPPER!!

Hi, Katie! Glad to see you're back! I can't type when I'm switching keyboards either. If I spend a lot of time on my laptop, I can't type on a desktop keyboard, or if I spend a lot of time on my tablet, I can't type anywhere else. 

Short post for me tonight because I'm typing with my head sideways since I just put drops in my ear. Not sure they're really working, but I'm desperate. I spent last night up and down all night coughing so the best sleep I got was when I finally found the right position on the couch this afternoon. I had to angle myself just right to keep from coughing.  :bang  All i want to do is sleep and all I can manage is coughing. 

I really need to get to work on all these projects I have going, but I just don't have the motivation when I'm sick. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be up to it. I need to get my cousin's scoodie out and really get moving on these projects for the state fair competition. 

Well I'm off to bed. Hope everyone had a good Friday!  :)

hi gals, well what a jouney getting here,hAve been trying To get on,all Day and must have changed my password or triedTO a dozen oR so times already, sheesh, never had so much trouble before with it either, bu i finally made it back, so sorry you are sick yarnmonkey, that is miserable to cougHING all the time while trying to rest. I too have been plaqued lately with some cluster heaqdahes, sheesh, i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT BROUGHT THAT ON EITHER.......BUT WE ARE HERE THANK GOONESS, I WAS SUFFERING VILLE WITHDRAWL SEVERLY!!

i THINK THIS HEAT Wve is frying my brains or whT I HAVE LEFT OF THEM ANYWay......and seriously, this keyboard is not working out for me either, going back to my old tomorrow, ill miss the pretty light up keyboard, but it just is off enough to screw me up, size wize i think.       very frustraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaating day all the way through for sure, qnd no flippin ice cream in the house either, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............so am calling an end to a crappy day, lol, and will hit the sheets ver soon too, hope you cn get some rest nikki, ill check in tomorow on you all    andenjoy your weekend ll............ :ghug

Hi all! Just checking in and saying hi. My yarn adventure the other day didn't go to well :( my hand keeps cramping up if I try to hold a hook for more than a few minutes at a time. It's driving me crazy! I want to yarn, but can't even get 2 rows in my scarf done...grrr. I'm having yarn withdraws!

On the other hand, I can still embroidery? I don't get it. Dh thinks it's my corporal tunnel. I have no clue. May be due to my holding a sewing needle differently? Idk.

I hope everyone is well or on the mend! Hugs!

P.S. YAY SISSY! I'm going to try to make a blankie as soon as my hand lets me for Baby Freek! Love ya!

Good morning.

I took the 4 scrub tops that I finished to my daughter last night when I went to have dinner with her and her hubby and his parents. The food was good and the company was great. My daughter loved the new tops, I'm hoping to finish the last of them this weekend and then I think I'll spend some time working on an afghan that I would like to get finished. The only other plans for today is to do some laundry. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

HI YA. WEll im here again, after another arguous journe through the password trap, sheesh, hopfully, thi is the last time I have trouble with it, I don't like not being able to get here Thanks to the admins for the help, hopefully, this hange sticks

HI YA. WEll im here again, after another arguous journe through the password trap, sheesh, hopfully, thi is the last time I have trouble with it, I don't like not being able to get here Thanks to the admins for the help, hopefully, this hange sticks

I hate changing a password to one thing because then I have trouble no matter what! I'm one of those horrible people that uses the same thing for everything and when sites require all those complicated symbols and capitals and numbers and a kidney and your unborn child, then I have to write them down or I'm doomed to forget them. 

Well I spent last night on the couch in an effort to sleep a little more sitting up and to try to not keep DH up all night with my coughing. I think I dozed off and on for a few hours and then got some decent sleep after the sun came up. I went back to the doctor this afternoon because this ear pain has just not let up and I'm 4 days into my antibiotic. Turns out the first lady gave me a antibiotic that doesn't work so well on ear infections so now I'm on something stronger. Hopefully it works this time!  :)

Sister is texting me now and she, her boyfriend and my sweet Peanut are finally on their way home. I told her I'll just feel better just knowing she's just down the street again! We haven't had a Starbucks/Target date in almost a month and that's just not okay!  :no

Off to bed now. I've got high hopes for sleeping in the bed tonight, so cross your fingers! Hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

I hate changing a password to one thing because then I have trouble no matter what! I'm one of those horrible people that uses the same thing for everything and when sites require all those complicated symbols and capitals and numbers and a kidney and your unborn child, then I have to write them down or I'm doomed to forget them. 

Well I spent last night on the couch in an effort to sleep a little more sitting up and to try to not keep DH up all night with my coughing. I think I dozed off and on for a few hours and then got some decent sleep after the sun came up. I went back to the doctor this afternoon because this ear pain has just not let up and I'm 4 days into my antibiotic. Turns out the first lady gave me a antibiotic that doesn't work so well on ear infections so now I'm on something stronger. Hopefully it works this time!  :)

Sister is texting me now and she, her boyfriend and my sweet Peanut are finally on their way home. I told her I'll just feel better just knowing she's just down the street again! We haven't had a Starbucks/Target date in almost a month and that's just not okay!  :no

Off to bed now. I've got high hopes for sleeping in the bed tonight, so cross your fingers! Hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

yarnmonkey

I hope you get relief soon from the stronger meds

Good morning,just a quick fly by,busy day and its got to start soon,before the heat

Good Morning.

yarn_monkey, I hope you're feeling better.

katie, glad you were able to get back here, hopefully it won't be a problem again.

I'm heading out to church in a few minutes and then I think I will come home and be productively lazy, I want to sit and work on an afghan. I finished 2 more scrub tops for my daughter yesterday. I have a scrub top that I made for her as a graduation gift last year that was too big so I took it apart to remake it smaller but the sleeves on the 2 sizes are cut very different and I can't re-cut the new sleeves from the old ones. So I am going to check with her to see if I should try to get more of the same fabric or she would like to pick out a different fabric. The top doesn't have any navy blue in it which is required so I was going to add some navy trim to the neck and pockets but if she would like a different fabric we can get something with navy blue in it. Ok I guess that is enough rambling. I hope everyone has a great day.

hi all, back again, for now, it doesn't want to let me in using a new password, 22 imes, i have a note in to the admins, no answer yet, so if you need to contact me, use my email addy, at least that still works, lol..thanks all.

can we say FRUSTRATING to say the least!! i don't think i SHOULDthdave to do the whole sign in thing, andgan eamail with some numbers as a new password, for that  only work once, and then gone, and I am back to square one, anyone else hafing these prob????

can we say FRUSTRATING to say the least!! i don't think i shoul nothdave to do the whole sign in thing, andgan eamail with some numbers as a new password, for that  only work once, and then gone, and I am back to square one, anyone else hafing these prob????

Katie that is so strange! It would drive me insane! 

Not much progress on this ear infection so far, hopefully tomorrow so I can go see my Peanut on Tuesday! I did manage to get up and go to the grocery store, followed by a nap, and then made dinner, so that's good. And I finally finished my cousin's scoodie! Thank goodness! Those repetitive patterns have me bored halfway through and now I can start working on those state fair projects and July biggest squares. Behind again, but it was only a matter of time. I'll catch up one day! 

Hopefully I'll get pictures of the scoodie tomorrow and get it posted and in the mail to her this week. Okay off to bed... I'll be back tomorrow!  :)

Good morning everyone. I think I am going to enjoy another productively lazy day of crocheting and maybe a little laundry. Have a great day.

Can everyone say a prayer for me please. I went for blood work (due to light spotting) and they said even though my HCG level is 5248, my progesterone level is an extremely low 3.16 ( closer to 10 would be a good number). They put me on progesterone pills to try to bring it up so I have a chance to keep the baby intact and let it finish baking. I'm very scared but trying to stay hopeful.

Can everyone say a prayer for me please. I went for blood work (due to light spotting) and they said even though my HCG level is 5248, my progesterone level is an extremely low 3.16 ( closer to 10 would be a good number). They put me on progesterone pills to try to bring it up so I have a chance to keep the baby intact and let it finish baking. I'm very scared but trying to stay hopeful.

:hug  :hug  :hug Keep us updated! I'll be thinking about you for sure! 

DH took me out for a little bit today, lunch and then a short ride just for fresh air and sunshine. My hearing is a little bit worse today but I'm only 2 days into the new antibiotic so hopefully it starts looking up. 

Tomorrow I'm off to Sister's for a little bit to visit my Peanut and take him his surprises from our vacation and snuggle him for a little bit. I know I won't be out long because I can't miss my "healing" nap lol but I need to see my stinker!  :yes

Okay off for the night so I can get up early and head to Sister's! Hope everyone is doing well and Lacey please keep us updated!  :hug

Prayers are being said.

:hug  :hug  :hug Keep us updated! I'll be thinking about you for sure! 

DH took me out for a little bit today, lunch and then a short ride just for fresh air and sunshine. My hearing is a little bit worse today but I'm only 2 days into the new antibiotic so hopefully it starts looking up. 

Tomorrow I'm off to Sister's for a little bit to visit my Peanut and take him his surprises from our vacation and snuggle him for a little bit. I know I won't be out long because I can't miss my "healing" nap lol but I need to see my stinker!  :yes

Okay off for the night so I can get up early and head to Sister's! Hope everyone is doing well and Lacey please keep us updated!  :hug

I hope you're hearing is better. I'm sure your visit with Peanut will help you feel better too.

Not much going on here. I feel like I'm being very lazy because I'm spending most of my time crocheting but I'm also enjoying it :D

Have a great day everyone.

Archived