Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

hi everyone.. Yep., snow is gone now, we probably got around 8-10 inches, but streets are plowed, and the sun was out shining brightly today, even though the temps only got to like 14 degrees all day. still, improvement over yesterday and the day before, lol, so we'll take it...

I was able to get out and about today, with little trouble, and stock up on some groceries, as they say another storm is coming on Wednesday, this is not right, lol we need spring!!

I always think about sharbysyd, in bad weather east, and those in Mass, and kuddles in chicago, hope all inthe way of this storm that we know, are safe, and warm, and have electricity, that would be bad, losing that of all things, i think... We have all underground lines where I live, so unless something hits the sub station, we don't lose it, never have here, since Ive been here anyways...

People with satilite or dish tv, lost that though, from th snow cover, just temporary I guess though.

I have never had too much love for snow, but absolutely not fond of it, after the holidays, then is when spring should come!

I guess unless someone else has an idea, we'll just in April, send to whomever we like, one or more, whatever you like, that should keep everyone happy, yes??

hi ya brenda, glad to see your post,, so you just got rain, wow, that was lucky

Pineknot, the sun will come out, Tomorrow!!

carol, and viking, and sharbysyd, owlvmp, holly, and angel, yarnmonkey and tribble, hi all, and to those I forgot already, lol I never snub people, I just have a bad short term memory, lol

bout all i got for now, hope everyone stays safe, and has a great week!! 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're having a lazy day. There's somewhere around 12 inches of snow out there and it's supposed to keep coming down for about 7 more hours. And the wind is supposed to pick up. The girls just came in from playing in it. I think I need to feed the girlies and then get them to pop a movie in.

I loved snow when I was about their age. It was always a wonderful thing to wake up and you could tell by the way the sunlight was so white coming in through the closed blinds that there had been a lot of snow overnight and there would be no snow! Sister and I would bundle up and play in it till we couldn't feel our fingers. Then Mom would let us in through the basement door so we could take all the wet stuff off and lay it out on the floor in front of our woodstove. Now that I'm older I actually have to go out in the snow and do things I barely like to do when the weather is nice, so it's become more of a hassle than anything else! Lol 

Checking in :)     Snow day today.  Yay!  We didn't feel like going in today and our customer actually suggested that we skip due to the weather and we were happy to oblige!   Just did some invoicing and now we are free for the rest of the day. 

We didn't get much snow last week when the east coast got it.  I guess my brother in Mass got around 34".   Luckily that storm missed us and today's storm is nothing major.  Our neighbor was kind enough to plow our driveway for us as he has so many times the past two years and it's been so helpful to us with all that's been going on with us.  

My haircut is finally done.  It turned out shorter than I would have liked but it will grow.   I actually wanted to go get it cut but it was just too much effort right now even though we have a salon right at the end of our street.  

Katie,   I'm fine with either of your ideas for April.  They both sound good.   Regarding fish,  I used to have fish too.  They are fun and pretty but also a bit of work.   With cats, I decided to not have them anymore - at least not for now.   

Holly, glad you got the squares okay.  I'm glad your pic shows the purple.  I take pics of my things before sending and my purple kept looking  blue in the pics either with the flash or without so I gave up.  Good to see them as they are :)    Those are nice afghans you made.

Angel congrats on your job.  Once a month, wow!   

Nikki, Peanut is cute,   I like the ghans, especially the colors on the zigzag ghan.   I was thinking of trying the Moogly thing. It seems like fun.  I think that the Crochet Crowd/Yarnspirations is having a mystery crochet along with a ghan.  I signed up for it. It hasn't started yet.  I just need to pick my colors.  

cshort - hope your church event went well.  We were going to church religiously for a long time but haven't gone much this past year because of our work load.  Once we get an employee (hopefully soon) I plan to go again.  We watch a lot of spiritual programs on the Roku or TCT.   

Tribble, hopefully you'll get your squares soon.   They went out the day after you gave me your address.   

That's about all for today.   

You should join us! There's only a couple right now, so the more the merrier! I thought about doing the Crochet Crowd one too but I'm afraid I'm taking on too much and I'll just get behind or one will fall by the wayside and never be finished. I have enough UFOs believe me! Lol! I'm excited for her mini CAL too. I've got so much yarn that I bought by the bag at AC Moore so I'll be thrilled to use some of that up! 

Sorry I didn't get by to check in last night. We left my cousin's at a relatively decent time but after dropping Sister and Peanut off and getting all the baby's things inside, it was late by the time we got home and I went straight to bed. 

I went to Sister's today and we made our regular trip to Target plus a stop at the kids consignment store so she could sell some of the things Peanut has outgrown. She decided to take the money she made there and make a trip to the seafood buffet tomorrow for dinner so we'll be headed there tomorrow afternoon. She's really excited since she didn't get to go with us last time. I'm sure there will be some Peanut pictures. I got some good ones last night but haven't gotten them onto my computer from the camera yet. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow after dinner. 

I'm all caught up on the squares for the Moogly CAL so I'll probably work on my rainbow ripple tonight and see how my progress is on the squares for February birthdays. I can't believe it's February already! It's going to be Spring before I even realize what's happening! 

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a good Monday!  :hug

We ended up with about 16 inches of snow, I think. Alicia had a snow day and I should have stayed home from work. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow night, but I haven't been able to find any prediction of how much.

I really don't want to get up, but it sounds like the roads aren't awful around here.... Wahhhh.... Oh well, there are worse problems, right??

Ah, I didn't want to get up either this morning and we're not even close to getting any snow and/or ice. lol

Good afternoon!

Finished up with homework. Thank goodness it can be very trying at times.

Not sure if it all was brought home but phoned the teachers and left messages. I think most weeks I talk to the teachers at least every other day.

Hello all... Tues is always a busy day. Little Tribble has speech on Tuesday making for a very long day... On top of that while leaving, my klutzy butt slipped on mud and fell on my rear!!! I just got over foot surgery the end of last year cause I broke it mowing grass!!

I can't wait till spring and summer gets here. I am ready to start mowing the yard and spending time with the family and animals in the nice weather. The guinea pigs love getting to much on grSs and clovers outside.

Little Dribble is obsessed with a game called trove, its like minecraft. He plays it on my husbands game account. It is attached to one if our debit cards apparently... Cause yesterday he saw an expansion pack with a motorcycle and purchased it. He didnt know any better but it was a bad time to do it as we didn't have the extra 20$ in the bank... Oh well, lesson learned.

I got two puffies in the mail, I will try to get e pictures off of the camera tonight so I can get them uploaded!

Hope everyone's day is going well.

Hi everyone!

My sewing guild meeting was a lot of fun last night, I don't know if was the full moon or just a case of the sillies going around but we really did a lot of laughing. I always enjoy the meetings. Tonight I will be headed to church for the missions conference, it's always interesting to visit with the missionaries and hear about what is happening in their part of the world. I'm not going to tell you about the weather here because you might throw snowballs at me :lol . I hope all of you are staying warm and safe. Have a great evening.

Holly, we are expecting about 3 to 5, last I heard.. starting tomorrow morning, right before rush hour!

We ended up with about 16 inches of snow, I think. Alicia had a snow day and I should have stayed home from work. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow night, but I haven't been able to find any prediction of how much.

Owlvamp, good for you, about talking to the teachers, more parents need to get involved, and Im glad you are, in the long run, it will do wonders for the boys, not only in grades, but they will gain such confidence too, knowing you are so involved! cudos! I was a reading tutor during daughters elementary years, she didn't need help, but I was so surprized that some kids her age, couldn't read well, I was glad to help, and teacher and me, noticed quite a diff at the end of each year, so keep it up, involvment is a good thing!

Good afternoon!

Finished up with homework. Thank goodness it can be very trying at times.
Not sure if it all was brought home but phoned the teachers and left messages. I think most weeks I talk to the teachers at least every other day.

oh you poor thing, are you ok, or did it warrant a trip to the emergency room,poor thing!

Hello all... Tues is always a busy day. Little Tribble has speech on Tuesday making for a very long day... On top of that while leaving, my klutzy butt slipped on mud and fell on my rear!!! I just got over foot surgery the end of last year cause I broke it mowing grass!!

I can't wait till spring and summer gets here. I am ready to start mowing the yard and spending time with the family and animals in the nice weather. The guinea pigs love getting to much on grSs and clovers outside.

Little Dribble is obsessed with a game called trove, its like minecraft. He plays it on my husbands game account. It is attached to one if our debit cards apparently... Cause yesterday he saw an expansion pack with a motorcycle and purchased it. He didnt know any better but it was a bad time to do it as we didn't have the extra 20$ in the bank... Oh well, lesson learned.

I got two puffies in the mail, I will try to get e pictures off of the camera tonight so I can get them uploaded!

oh my, well, make the best of it I guess, lol and pics are coveted, lol we love um!

Nikki, what I need to do to join the Moogly CAL?  I didn't realize there was a place to sign up - I just thought everyone followed along but it would be more fun to be signed up for it.   

Katie, I'm with you on the snow.  I didn't mind it when  I was younger but now that I'm more mature, I don't enjoy it as much.   I'm really hoping to move somewhere else with a better climate some day.  I might like a little bit of cool weather and winter but not the amount that we have.  We also have the underground power lines on our street but we've had our power go out several times.   Back around 2007 we had something called the October Surprise Storm.  A winter storm with a lot of snow in October.   There were still leaves on the trees and it was quite a disaster even though it melted pretty quickly.  Many trees went down and so many people were without power for days.   We were one of the most unlucky being without power for 7 days.   Luckily it wasn't too cold out and we eventually got a generator but it was not a fun time.    

Nikki, what I need to do to join the Moogly CAL?  I didn't realize there was a place to sign up - I just thought everyone followed along but it would be more fun to be signed up for it.   

Katie, I'm with you on the snow.  I didn't mind it when  I was younger but now that I'm more mature, I don't enjoy it as much.   I'm really hoping to move somewhere else with a better climate some day.  I might like a little bit of cool weather and winter but not the amount that we have.  We also have the underground power lines on our street but we've had our power go out several times.   Back around 2007 we had something called the October Surprise Storm.  A winter storm with a lot of snow in October.   There were still leaves on the trees and it was quite a disaster even though it melted pretty quickly.  Many trees went down and so many people were without power for days.   We were one of the most unlucky being without power for 7 days.   Luckily it wasn't too cold out and we eventually got a generator but it was not a fun time.    

There's no sign up to do it on her blog, it's like you said, you just follow along. She said there's a group on Ravelry doing it too. I have a log in there but I only get on for downloading patterns. I've started one here on Crochetville in the CAL section. Here's the link:) Ravelry is fine, I just don't know how to work it and it looks all jumbled up compared to here. And I'm with you on the snow. Yuck! 

I went over to Sister's today and hung out with Peanut while she got ready for dinner. She hasn't figured out the whole showering with the baby thing so I go over early to help her whenever we've got anything to do. I fed Peanut and he fell asleep on me, which always just melts my heart! We picked up DH and headed to the outlet mall and then dinner. We had a really good time! Ate way too much, as usual! Lol

Not much on the agenda except for our weekly trip to the grocery store and another trip back to Sister's so she can get the base to the car seat. Peanut was asleep when we got back to her house so she didn't want to take the extra time to try to unhook the base and leave the baby in the cold air. 

Off to figure out what all needs to go on the grocery list and hopefully get a little yarn fun in.  :D  I'll check back in tomorrow!  :hug

Aw, ouch! Little Viking stands on a chair on the porch every day to check the mail (box is mounted up on the house just by the front door), and he always jumps off the chair when we're done. Except today the porch was a sheet of ice under the chair. :( I knew it was coming, and I knew if I yelled for him to stop he'd just slip on the chair and maybe hit his head, so I just reached out and tried to catch him and at least got his hand and kept him sitting when he landed. He was one sad little boy, he cried.... I felt so bad for him, the poor kid.

I've had two expensive computer lessons in my life. One was "don't spite-bid on eBay; you may win". And two was "When using dial-up internet, always make sure the number you're dialing into is a local call!!"

Hi everyone!

My sewing guild meeting was a lot of fun last night, I don't know if was the full moon or just a case of the sillies going around but we really did a lot of laughing. I always enjoy the meetings. Tonight I will be headed to church for the missions conference, it's always interesting to visit with the missionaries and hear about what is happening in their part of the world. I'm not going to tell you about the weather here because you might throw snowballs at me :lol . I hope all of you are staying warm and safe. Have a great evening.

Yes we will! Well, we can't really throw snowballs snowballs because all the snow is frozen and have fun trying to scoop some out to make a ball, but LV has an indoor snowball set that was a gift from a neighbor, which we were playing with today in the living room.  :flake +  :lookout :D

Aw, ouch! Little Viking stands on a chair on the porch every day to check the mail (box is mounted up on the house just by the front door), and he always jumps off the chair when we're done. Except today the porch was a sheet of ice under the chair. :( I knew it was coming, and I knew if I yelled for him to stop he'd just slip on the chair and maybe hit his head, so I just reached out and tried to catch him and at least got his hand and kept him sitting when he landed. He was one sad little boy, he cried.... I felt so bad for him, the poor kid.

I've had two expensive computer lessons in my life. One was "don't spite-bid on eBay; you may win". And two was "When using dial-up internet, always make sure the number you're dialing into is a local call!!"

Yes we will! Well, we can't really throw snowballs snowballs because all the snow is frozen and have fun trying to scoop some out to make a ball, but LV has an indoor snowball set that was a gift from a neighbor, which we were playing with today in the living room.  :flake +  :lookout :D

Awww poor Little Viking! Last time Little Tribble fell it was because he didnt listen to daddy to walk on the grassy part and tried to walk down our ice covered driveway... He fell on his butt and yelled - See!!! That's why you are supposed to hold my hand!" He is a very strong willed and opinionated boy!

I've had both those expensive computer lessons as well!!! Lol the mistakes we make when we're young.

that made me laugh! See that is why you should hold my hand!! too cute, klds do say the cutest things!!!

Once in a grocery store, darling daughter, then about 6, asked what a whore house was, now hey, where would she have even heard about that, huh, i ask you, I was shocked beyond belief, and sshh'ed her, but she repeated it, louder, Mom, can I go to the house of whores too!! Ok, by this time, i think we were gathering a crowd ok!!

I asked her why what when where and how she had heard that from, and she says, some of the kids at school, are all going to the house of whores, and wanted to know if she could then too, and then i dawned on me,,,,,,,,it was near halloween time,,,,

House Or Horrors, had been adertising on tv a lot, as all the spook houses do that time of year....I believe i heard an audible SIGH from the crowd in the aisle, as i told her, it is pronounced Hor ror for house of fear, she didn't get the difference at that time, but everyone had a giggle in the dog food aisle that day!!!

That is just one of many,. and that is why i like to hear these stories, reminds me of dd and all the things she used to come up with, lolol...

Congratulations drgnlady5 on becoming a bag lady!

vikingrunner, I'm ducking from those snowballs. I hope the little guy is ok.

I'm heading to church again tonight for the last night of our mission conference. 

Have a great evening everyone.

dragn congrats on the tote.  Wow that's another one of our little group.

Loving reading about everyone's personal entries for kids say the darnedest things

katy, we have been on the fringe the last couple of times and just got dustings of snow------so thankful as the older I get the less I am liking it.  I never liked to drive in it.  When I had to my hands hurt from gripping the steering wheel so tight and I would be sick to my stomach by the time I got to where I had to go----which would have been to work as I worked in a hospital.     

Archived