Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

so sorry to hear of Peanuts illness, and subsequent hospital visits, hope he is on the mend now!!

Sorry for your loss as well owlvamp, our thoughts are with the family as well as you and yours.

Nice squares coming in, good work!!

Me too Bgs, just don't know where the week went....ANother week though, of very very mild Un january like weather here coming up, so hope to get more accomplished!!

Got the baby afghan done, will try to photo it in the day time tomorrow, and put another together, from some solid color 8 inch squares I had made over the past with leftovers of yarns, so will try to get them both in the pic, the 8 inch square lapghan won't count for any points to the good for the stashbuster,but the pink and white one will, he he he...

All for now, hope eveyone hurting or sick, heals, and everyone who is having problems, get through it soon! much to do, Im off see you all tomorrow!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so sorry to hear of Peanuts illness, and subsequent hospital visits, hope he is on the mend now!!

Sorry for your loss as well owlvamp, our thoughts are with the family as well as you and yours.

Me too Bgs, just don't know where the week went....ANother week though, of very very mild Un january like weather here coming up, so hope to get more accomplished!!

Got the baby afghan done, will try to photo it in the day time tomorrow, and put another together, from some solid color 8 inch squares I had made over the past with leftovers of yarns, so will try to get them both in the pic, the 8 inch square lapghan won't count for any points to the good for the stashbuster,but the pink and white one will, he he he...

All for now, hope eveyone hurting or sick, heals, and everyone who is having problems, get through it soon! much to do, Im off see you all tomorrow!

Yes its very mild for Jan.  Outdoor jobs keep calling my name.  Wierd because I just got Christmas put away except I am working on getting  the old lights off of the tree.  They sure have them wrapped on there good.  A few times I have almost resorted to cutting the wiring in a place or two.  I have made a few squares.  I think I have the Feb birthdays almost ready and looking towards March.  We have 4 in March.  

Owlvamp's Twin-Size V-Stitch Blanket 

WW yarn and an I hook brought it to 66" wide. 

Ch 204

Row 1- dc in 6th ch from hk (counts as ch 2 at bottom, dc), ch 1, dc in same ch (v stitch made), * sk 2 ch, v stitch in next ch, repeat from * across, ending with sk 2 ch, dc in last ch. 

Row 2- ch 3 (counts as dc), turn; v stitch in ea ch sp across, dc in top of beg ch 3. 

Repeat row 2 until desired length. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions! Or if I screwed something up. Always a possibility!  :)

I got two wonderful puffies in the mail with wonderful squares in it.... I laid it all out on the bed and it is going to be awesome put together!!!

Thank you so much yarn_monkey and cshort for the beautiful squares they are perfect!

Here are photos to try and show awesomeness....

Sorry to hear about your car, we had to get brakes put on ours last week -I hate cars....

Yay! Glad you got them!  :)

I am working on a ripple (zigzag) afghan and using those colors of your blocks. Blue black and the white. I love the block in the first picture to the left. What pattern is that yarn_monkey?

And yes would love for you to figure it out for me. Thank you so much for all the help you have given me.

It's the Block Stitch Square. I definitely want to make more of them! Let me know when you try out the ghan. I can't wait to see it! I'm happy to help you!  :)

I'm so sorry about your friend's son. Prayers and warm thoughts for the family!  :hug

I've gotten several smiley pictures of Peanut today and that's loads better than he has been. He's even been taking his bottle and keeping it down! Yay!  :yay  Sister is thrilled! She was absolutely panicked the last few days. 

DH and I made our trip out to Costco and the grocery store today. Costco was uneventful but for some reason everybody was there! We go during the week to miss the weekend crowd but it didn't work that way today. I did get a new coffee pot though and I'm over the moon about it! 

We got salmon for dinner at Costco and I made some of drgnldy's loaded cauliflower casserole to go with it!  :manyheart  I could give up potatoes with that casserole, I swear! I've already sent the recipe to my dad and Sister, plus a picture of mine to Sister and she can't wait to make it.

Not sure what we'll get into tomorrow but for tonight I'll work on my rainbow ripple and squares for our February birthdays. :)

Hi, ladies!  I'm sorry I've been MIA.  I am almost caught up with a couple of projects with deadlines, and I have another interview at another workers' comp satellite on Monday!  I will be happy when Monday afternoon comes, lol.  I plan to whip up some squares for this month's birthday gals :)

Glad the little one is feeling better... Its not fun when they feel bad...

It was nasty here today I can't wait for the warm weather. I don't really like cold.

bgs, I never know what happens to the time I never get things done that I am supposed to. I have terrible time management.

Got some more awesome squares from Viking!!! Love them, thank you so much!!!

post-73457-0-84898300-1422087488_thumb.jpg

HIT THE WRONG BUTTON, nyway, hi to everyone, nice squares, good luck angel with the interview, i have just been releaxing a bit today, and discovered I will have several baby afs to donate come the first sat of next month, so that is good!!  I will post a pick of the latest, and leave a link for you all!!  

\

here is that link, enjoy!

I'll be out of sorts for the next few days. A friends son passed away and will be headed that way today and back on Sunday.

It' s a very sad time and he will be missed. The father is taking this very hard. So if you don't see me on you will know why. I'll try to check in.

That is dreadful news. They must be devastated. :(

I've been working hard on my yarn today and finally used up a skein on that baby blanket. And I JUST realised, I used up a skein!! I can go report it on the stashbusting CAL, wooooooo! :D

Hi All!  Just have a minute to check in and say hello.  I don't have time to read the posts, so I hope that I'm not missing anything important.  Please someone PM me if I need to know something, lol. 

Not much going on here, just lots of SNOW! Blah!  and more coming this week. I hope you are all well.

The January birthday ladies should be keeping an eye on their mail boxes. If a puffy hasn't arrived already, it will be should be there soon.

Hugs to all.  Even though I am not here as much as I once was you are all still in my daily thoughts and prayers....

Hello!

I made it home from the technology conference and a day at Disney with family and friends. I think the Friday night and Saturday were the best because I got to spend time with my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids. So now it's back to the real world of work tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Holly, pretty squares, love the brights...

Hi ann, we are always thinking about you too, thanks for checking in when you can!

viking, busy as usual i see..

Carol, welcome back, glad you enjoyed your trip..

Yarn monkey, where oh where would you be today, lol

Hi tribble, yay, you got more, can't wait to see them!!

everyone else, hello, how you doing!! been chilly here, so stayed in most of the day, just kicking back for a while now. Started a hat, for me, lol I realized, i Hadn't made myself a new one yet this year, soooo, lol

Hopefully, won't need it much more this year, but next year it will come in handy!! Ive got a few more rows to do on it, then If Im satisfied with it, Ill be done, if not, frogging back a few rows, is not out of the question, lol..

The east is getting major storms again, stay in people, stay warm, be careful driving if you have to go out...

Take care all, and let's keep on hookin' !!

I am exhausted and ready to drop. Hubby did some laundry for me while I was out of town. I came back to 4 laundry baskets. So folded all them. Then got supper. Did the dishes and need to finish some more up. Put laundry away and hung clothes.

Had boys get showers for they smoke up there. Took all their clothes even though it was clean back to the washer for I cant stand the smell of Cigrette smoke. It just makes me sick. So now need to wash that.

I'm sorry I didn't make it on much this week. On Thursday, I got puffies from yarn_monkey and cshort! Thank you, ladies!

Hmmm... I just realized that no one checked the mail today.

Yay! Glad they made it to you!  :)

Holly, pretty squares, love the brights...

Hi ann, we are always thinking about you too, thanks for checking in when you can!

viking, busy as usual i see..

Carol, welcome back, glad you enjoyed your trip..

Yarn monkey, where oh where would you be today, lol

Hi tribble, yay, you got more, can't wait to see them!!

everyone else, hello, how you doing!! been chilly here, so stayed in most of the day, just kicking back for a while now. Started a hat, for me, lol I realized, i Hadn't made myself a new one yet this year, soooo, lol

Hopefully, won't need it much more this year, but next year it will come in handy!! Ive got a few more rows to do on it, then If Im satisfied with it, Ill be done, if not, frogging back a few rows, is not out of the question, lol..

The east is getting major storms again, stay in people, stay warm, be careful driving if you have to go out...

Take care all, and let's keep on hookin' !!

:waving  I'm here! I kept up with all the posts yesterday and apparently completely forgot to actually say something! Lol! 

I am exhausted and ready to drop. Hubby did some laundry for me while I was out of town. I came back to 4 laundry baskets. So folded all them. Then got supper. Did the dishes and need to finish some more up. Put laundry away and hung clothes.

Had boys get showers for they smoke up there. Took all their clothes even though it was clean back to the washer for I cant stand the smell of Cigrette smoke. It just makes me sick. So now need to wash that.

Ugh that smell. I smoked for almost half my life and just quit in August using the vapor thing. I figure it has to be better than the alternative. Anyway, now that I've quit the smell just really makes me ill too! I've apologized to DH a million times for smelling that way before. Now Sister or my dad come in from smoking and it's horrendous. I just had to wash 2 big bags of granny squares because they all stunk of smoke from when my ex and I used to smoke in the house. Horrible habit, smoking!  :no

We didn't get into much yesterday. Today Sister and Peanut came over for a visit and we ran some errands and came back and I made dinner, a casserole my mom used to always make, and my first cake from scratch! A pineapple upside down cake. It turned out really well, I had 2 pieces and now I'm falling asleep at my computer! Lol Now DH is at a friend's house watching the wrestling pay per view and I'm watching The Sopranos and crocheting. I'm starting the second go round of colors on my rainbow ripple and I've got a really good start on February birthdays, one person done and another halfway. We've got lots of birthdays in March so I'm trying to get a head start!  :D

I don't think I've got much else to report... My dad is coming to visit for about a week on Thursday and we're so excited! He's only seen Peanut twice since he was born and he's changed so much in the past few months! Oh Peanut is feeling better, by the way, not so many fevers but still a really yucky nose and a cough. Apparently this RSV can last several weeks, so hopefully we'll start seeing some improvement soon.

Off to work on my ripple now. Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good Monday! :hug  

hello all,

beeee uuu tee full day here so far, so good, hate to mention weather, when the east coast is almost under the gun for a bad bad storm, so sorry to those of you in it's way, stay in, and stay safe....

February birthday ladies, I mailed out puffies today, I know it's early, but got them done, and was running into the post office for some thing else, so took um with me,and mailed um out!! sO, Happy Birthday Kay and Maria!! hope you have a wonderful birthday month coming up....

oh, more news, and not good, one of our older brunch bunch ladies, that hasn't attended for quite sometime, due to health issues, and a neighbor here to all of us, passed away last night, she had been in the hospital for about a week. So sorry to hear that, we will miss her, she was 93, but full of spunk, and fight, and such a delightful lady, full of wonderful stories. I will miss her a lot, we all will, but she has gone to a better place, for sure... so, a moment of silence please, for Evelyn. RIP friend, you are gone, but never forgotten. A lone and empty chair, will stand empty in her honor from here on out, at all our meetings, and brunches, in remembrance of her.

Sorry about that, have been thinking about it since this am, when I heard the news. I never know what to say when something like this happens.

ahem, ok, well, i don't know what to do with myself today a bit out of sync i guess, but there is lots to do to chose from, I am never at a loss for something to clean, sort, straighten, put away, wash, dust, vacuum, or shine, so there's that, best to keep busy, me thinks. and always, ill take some solace and comfort, in my yarn and hook as well..

My new system here, since a while ago, I do things like one day, all the glass, mirrors, tv screens, pictures, everything glass on the walls, or in the room, gets windexed...in all rooms..

Then the next day, everything needing a spray or two of endust or Old English, gets done.....

Another day, all the bedding, sheets, sometimes pillows as well, and throw rugs, when needed, it's  wash day,

Another day, vacuum all the rooms, and baseboards, and remove all the cob webs, if there is any, lol

It seems to work, and then if I DON"T feel like doing much else, at least that major thing is done, but that is just a guide, cause most days, i do multiples of those tasks, and others, lol

closets and dresser drawers, are always a pain though, lol

ok, over and out, nothing much else news wise, hope all of you in that storms way, take precautionary measures, and are prepared, take care all of you, where ever you all are!

Hi everyone.

Nothing too exciting here just a work day. I'm feeling a little tired, didn't sleep the best last night, but I'm going to try to do a little sewing and I have laundry going.

I just turned on the news so I can get caught up with this storm I keep reading about. I hope everyone stays warm and safe.

Have a great evening.

We're getting snow here, nothing too bad so far. Our inspections of the new place were this morning and we had to be careful going up the hill in between here and there, but at least there was no traffic! And we got the inspections all done and so that's taken care of. Yay! I also took a bunch of pictures, and we took a few room measurements before we killed our tape measure. It won't retract now. So we're definitely feeling good about the place; there was one minor issue with the septic system the inspector said it would be good to have checked out and cleared up, but "it's not great news, but it's not bad news". Everything really checked out pretty well. So that's the next step down! :D

We'd taken off work today anyway for the inspections, since the company said they were going to take about five hours (which they did), and then we picked up the little guy from school on our way home, just because it was on the way. Which was when we found out they were closing at 3:00, about ten minutes after we got there! I had totally missed the sign on the door in the morning when we dropped him off. Tomorrow nobody really knows yet.... It hasn't been too bad so far, I don't think. My work is going to send a text message tomorrow morning if we're not open normal hours. We'll see!

Archived