Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love for you to write it all for me if you didn't mind. This way I can print it and read it off the paper.. Thank you for the help.

Okay I'll have it tonight when I come check in!

Good afternoon everyone :) Im still here waiting patiently for the call to finish paperwork for teh job at the Y. I called their main office and they said yes the app is in the system, but its just taking a while to show up the the branch that I applied for. I have a riend that works there and hes been nonstop trying to get the app to pull up. They are down to only 1 custodian, and thats him. He said hes positive that I got the job, so thats a plus. now i just keep waiting.  and thats the hardest part. 

one of my other friends was going to try and get me a job as a witress at a pool hall/ bar and grill. I dont think i could do that, especially if i cant have my meds now. Ive been in there a few times nad when its packed you cant move. This chick right here would be  :help  :bang  :loco

but on the upside (if there is on e for me lately) I have gotten some crocheting done. I posted a few blankets on facebook to try and sell them locally. buuuuuuutttt.... we all know how that works out sometimes. I gotta get the kitchen cleaned and make dinner so that everyone can eat when they get home. 

see you all later :hug

Owlvamp's Square 

I used ww yarn and an I hook and came up with a 6.5" square, but I work kind of loose. Just FYI. 

Ch 4; join with a sl st to the 1st ch to form a ring. 

Round 1- ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), 2 dc in right, ch 2, * 3 dc in ring, ch 2, repeat from * 2 times; join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 2- ch 3, fpdc in next dc, dc in next dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, * dc in next dc, fpdc in next dc, dc in next dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 3- ch 3, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 3 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, * dc in ea of next 3 dc, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 3 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, dc in ea of next 2 dc, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 4- ch 3, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 5 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, * dc in ea of next 5 dc, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 5 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, dc in ea of next 4 dc, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 5- ch 3, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 7 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, * dc in ea of next 7 dc, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 7 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, dc in ea of next 6 dc, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 6- ch 1, sc in same st as joining and in next 10 sts, 3 sc in ch sp, * sc in ea of next 19 sts, 3 sc in ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, sc in ea of next 8 sts, join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off. 

post-11765-0-19556700-1421969181_thumb.jpg post-11765-0-17794200-1421969188_thumb.jpg

Let me know if you have any issues with the pattern... Like I said last night, I'm not exactly a pattern writer, so just because it makes sense to me doesn't mean it will to everyone else! Lol! 

I'll check back in after dinner!  :)

wow so much to comment on, and I won't remember it all sadly! lol

So sorry about the furnace owlvamp.

Yarnmonkey, your talent with writting patterns is wonderful girl!!

Sopo, sorry about your friend, and your crochet slump...

Hi ya lacey. you wrote a good paragraph or two, more than I have read from you in a while, lol hope the job goes through for you!

Dragnlady, how you doing girl!!! you and that fancy new car, lol

Hi a-creativemrs......good to see you as well...

hello to pineknott and carol, and viking, and all that i may have missed, so sorry too, about baby peanut not feeling well, hope that improves soon.

I don't know what else i had to say, glad to see birthday squares going out though nice job yarnscrapper!! I will start on Februarys probably soon, want to finish  up this baby ghan, so I can count a few plus points this week on the stashbusting score, lol if n ot, oh well, it will wait!!

Hi bgs.......hi tribble, holly, angel, sharon, grannie annie, kim, jessica, glitter, and all and any i lost in typing those, lol....

hope all is well with everyone!!

See ya soon!! we're going to have a lovely week end and week, with warm temps, those of you like here, get out and enjoy it a bit! BRUNCH was today, had a good time, cut out early though, just seemed we were ready, lol usually it goes on for a couple hours, but I guess I was home again, by about 10.30, and it started at 9,. but thats ok, didn't sleep much last night, so I was running on empty anyway...        ok, that's it, see you later!!

Is this a v-stitch? And how would I start it off for like a twin size blanket?

Kind of looks like this dishcloth doesn't it? I'm not real good at figuring out the multiple thing for the chain but I'm working on it  :)

Edit: Oh I read the comments! Lol! Multiple of 3 for the chain... plus 3 for the starting dc  :D

Morning everyone.  I got me a car yesterday. it is a pontiac grand prix. 2002  I like it it runs great

DH had an 04 and he loved that car. He still talks about it and it's been gone for 3 years. I'm glad you got something you love!  :)

Nope not a cheap fix. Down almost $500.00 ..it really sucks. Yep we still need for it still to cold and I for one am ready for some major sun.

I'm sorry it was so expensive. I really wish it was warm enough where you didn't have to mess with it for a couple months! 

Good afternoon everyone  Im still here waiting patiently for the call to finish paperwork for teh job at the Y. I called their main office and they said yes the app is in the system, but its just taking a while to show up the the branch that I applied for. I have a riend that works there and hes been nonstop trying to get the app to pull up. They are down to only 1 custodian, and thats him. He said hes positive that I got the job, so thats a plus. now i just keep waiting.  and thats the hardest part. 

one of my other friends was going to try and get me a job as a witress at a pool hall/ bar and grill. I dont think i could do that, especially if i cant have my meds now. Ive been in there a few times nad when its packed you cant move. This chick right here would be  

but on the upside (if there is on e for me lately) I have gotten some crocheting done. I posted a few blankets on facebook to try and sell them locally. buuuuuuutttt.... we all know how that works out sometimes. I gotta get the kitchen cleaned and make dinner so that everyone can eat when they get home. 

see you all later

Good luck with the job! I hope you hear something soon!  :hug

January birthday people...sorry I will be a little late on your gifting.  I promise I will get all caught up in February.   Life got me way behind

Have a great day !!!   and Happy Birthday to you

Glad to see you check in, Kim! I hope life straightens out and we can see more of you soon!  :hug

wow so much to comment on, and I won't remember it all sadly! lol

So sorry about the furnace owlvamp.

Yarnmonkey, your talent with writting patterns is wonderful girl!!

Sopo, sorry about your friend, and your crochet slump...

Hi ya lacey. you wrote a good paragraph or two, more than I have read from you in a while, lol hope the job goes through for you!

Dragnlady, how you doing girl!!! you and that fancy new car, lol

Hi a-creativemrs......good to see you as well...

hello to pineknott and carol, and viking, and all that i may have missed, so sorry too, about baby peanut not feeling well, hope that improves soon.

I don't know what else i had to say, glad to see birthday squares going out though nice job yarnscrapper!! I will start on Februarys probably soon, want to finish  up this baby ghan, so I can count a few plus points this week on the stashbusting score, lol if n ot, oh well, it will wait!!

Hi bgs.......hi tribble, holly, angel, sharon, grannie annie, kim, jessica, glitter, and all and any i lost in typing those, lol....

hope all is well with everyone!!

See ya soon!! we're going to have a lovely week end and week, with warm temps, those of you like here, get out and enjoy it a bit! BRUNCH was today, had a good time, cut out early though, just seemed we were ready, lol usually it goes on for a couple hours, but I guess I was home again, by about 10.30, and it started at 9,. but thats ok, didn't sleep much last night, so I was running on empty anyway...        ok, that's it, see you later!!

Thanks Katie! The ability comes and goes! Lol! Depends on what exactly I'm trying to write out. Well, the writing usually comes out okay, it's the part where I'm trying to get the thing from my brain to the yarn! That's where I have the problem.  :)

We took Peanut to the pediatrician today and she said he doesn't need a nebulizer or any sort of breathing treatment because it's not that bad, but he is getting dehydrated so Sister has to start force feeding him Pedialyte. So she got home with him this evening and his temperature shot through the roof and he threw up all his Pedialyte and off they went to the ER again. They were in the waiting room and he got hungry, drank a whole bottle, fever went back down and the Pedialyte stayed where it was supposed to be so they went home! She says he's doing better now and hopefully that was the last hurdle before he really starts to feel better. 

Tomorrow we have guys coming to do our leaves (they just got out of hand this year) and DH and I are going to Costco and the grocery store. I can't believe we have to go to Costco again already but we're almost out of chicken! Can't have that! Lol And canned tuna and canned peas! The peas are DH's favorite veggie. Definitely can't run out of those! 

Not much else to report from here. Keep your fingers crossed for Peanut, we don't want it to turn into pneumonia and hopefully the episode tonight was the end of it!!  :yes

Oh, owlvamp let me know how the square goes!  :)

Owlvamp's Square 

I used ww yarn and an I hook and came up with a 6.5" square, but I work kind of loose. Just FYI. 

Ch 4; join with a sl st to the 1st ch to form a ring. 

Round 1- ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), 2 dc in right, ch 2, * 3 dc in ring, ch 2, repeat from * 2 times; join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 2- ch 3, fpdc in next dc, dc in next dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, * dc in next dc, fpdc in next dc, dc in next dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 3- ch 3, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 3 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, * dc in ea of next 3 dc, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 3 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, dc in ea of next 2 dc, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 4- ch 3, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 5 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, * dc in ea of next 5 dc, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 5 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, dc in ea of next 4 dc, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 5- ch 3, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 7 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch sp, * dc in ea of next 7 dc, fpdc in next fpdc, dc in ea of next 7 dc, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, dc in ea of next 6 dc, join with sl st to top of beg ch 3. 

Round 6- ch 1, sc in same st as joining and in next 10 sts, 3 sc in ch sp, * sc in ea of next 19 sts, 3 sc in ch sp, repeat from * 2 times, sc in ea of next 8 sts, join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off. 

attachicon.gif2015-01-22 18.07.45.jpg attachicon.gif2015-01-22 18.08.12.jpg

Let me know if you have any issues with the pattern... Like I said last night, I'm not exactly a pattern writer, so just because it makes sense to me doesn't mean it will to everyone else! Lol! 

I'll check back in after dinner!  :)

I can't believe you just *bam* sat down and banged that out like that! That's so awesome!

Nope not a cheap fix. Down almost $500.00 ..it really sucks. Yep we still need for it still to cold and I for one am ready for some major sun.

We lost a fuse in our heat pump one year, on about the coldest day of the year, too. Thankfully no dog to deal with yet! But we did have the little guy so we were definitely like "Oh man must fix heat no baby in freezing house!!" We're going to have a bunch of fixing up to do on this place before we can list it for sale, too. So far I have tried not to think about how much it's going to cost. I do hope it warms up soon so people stop having to deal with this!

I've been doing lots of yarning lately (well, relatively). I got my rainbow ghan back out and started adding on the last purple rounds. Originally I'd been thinking I'd edge it with a round of sc in each rainbow color, but as awesome as I think that would look it may be too much work (and yarn buying! I doubt I have enough left of most of the colors to do that!) so I may just do some rounds in black. There's one tiny black bit that was the very start, so it wouldn't be completely by itself... :lol And I got some more of my original friendship-ghan squares edged! I'm adding them in batches of five at a time to my to-do list, but the most recent set of five sat on the list for several months before I finally sat down this week and cracked down!

Ok, off to update said to-do list, and then to do some more of that yarning! The baby blanket for now, I think. (I'm just determined to use up these two skeins! ....though the blanket itself will only be about a quarter done :lol)

I can't believe you just *bam* sat down and banged that out like that! That's so awesome!

We lost a fuse in our heat pump one year, on about the coldest day of the year, too. Thankfully no dog to deal with yet! But we did have the little guy so we were definitely like "Oh man must fix heat no baby in freezing house!!" We're going to have a bunch of fixing up to do on this place before we can list it for sale, too. So far I have tried not to think about how much it's going to cost. I do hope it warms up soon so people stop having to deal with this!

I've been doing lots of yarning lately (well, relatively). I got my rainbow ghan back out and started adding on the last purple rounds. Originally I'd been thinking I'd edge it with a round of sc in each rainbow color, but as awesome as I think that would look it may be too much work (and yarn buying! I doubt I have enough left of most of the colors to do that!) so I may just do some rounds in black. There's one tiny black bit that was the very start, so it wouldn't be completely by itself... :lol And I got some more of my original friendship-ghan squares edged! I'm adding them in batches of five at a time to my to-do list, but the most recent set of five sat on the list for several months before I finally sat down this week and cracked down!

Ok, off to update said to-do list, and then to do some more of that yarning! The baby blanket for now, I think. (I'm just determined to use up these two skeins! ....though the blanket itself will only be about a quarter done :lol)

It only happens on patterns that aren't too intricate... I just have to be able to see the breakdown... you start throwing lacy stuff and circles and things in there and I'm at a loss! 

Thank you yarn_monkey. I will make one up tomorrow and then call sister she wants to make some too.

Yes that looks like the v stitch you found.

I love those wash clothes might have to do some of those.

That v stitch pattern would make a great afghan! I can't wait to see it if you decide to make one!  :)

I got two wonderful puffies in the mail with wonderful squares in it.... I laid it all out on the bed and it is going to be awesome put together!!!

Thank you so much yarn_monkey and cshort for the beautiful squares they are perfect!

Here are photos to try and show awesomeness....

Sorry to hear about your car, we had to get brakes put on ours last week -I hate cars....

post-73457-0-88757700-1422007151_thumb.jpg

post-73457-0-89526700-1422007172_thumb.jpg

I plan on making a v-stitch afghan just need to figure out how many chains a twin size , then double needs and go from there.question is do I just crochet a chain as long as I want and just end up with a odd number for it to work?

Umm... I don't think that would work exactly, although you could always fudge the end... because if you wanted just 1 v stitch (I don't know why anybody would but for example purposes lol) you would actually need 6 chains. I'll work on it today and let you know this evening. I googled sizes for a twin size blanket and it's 66" x 90". I'll figure out a starting chain for that length if that works for you!

I am working on a ripple (zigzag) afghan and using those colors of your blocks. Blue black and the white. I love the block in the first picture to the left. What pattern is that yarn_monkey?

And yes would love for you to figure it out for me. Thank you so much for all the help you have given me.

I'll be out of sorts for the next few days. A friends son passed away and will be headed that way today and back on Sunday.

It' s a very sad time and he will be missed. The father is taking this very hard. So if you don't see me on you will know why. I'll try to check in.

I'll be out of sorts for the next few days. A friends son passed away and will be headed that way today and back on Sunday.

It' s a very sad time and he will be missed. The father is taking this very hard. So if you don't see me on you will know why. I'll try to check in.

sorry to hear that,prayers for the family

I am so sorry I will keep your friend's family in my prayers.

I can't believe its Fri.  I haven't a clue where this week went.  I was busy but don't know that I accomplished much.  

Archived