Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

"That's why you're supposed to hold my hand!" Love it!! We get those too, the explaining why it's *our* fault when he messes something up. :rofl

Yep, somehow it always seems to be mommy and daddy's fault!

Guess who the new bag lady is.........  *hint* look in my signature :c9  :heart  :elle  :bounce  :jumpyay

Congratulations, these bags are one of the most awesome things I've seen!

When My nephew was three we were driving down the road and past by a strip club and some ladies were standing out side. all of a sudden her starts yelling Hooker mamaw Hooker. HAHA acrossed the street was a crane with a huge hook on it.

Lol too funny!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that made me lugh! See that is why you should hold my hand!! too cute, klds do say the cutest things!!!

Once in a grocery store, darling daughter, then about 6, asked what a whore house was, now hey, where would she have even heard about that, huh, i ask you, I was shocked beyond belief, and sshh'ed her, but she repeated it, louder, Mom, can I go to the house of whores too!! Ok, by this time, i think we were gathering a crowd ok!!

I asked her why what when where and how she had heard that from, and she says, some of the kids at school, are all going to the house of whores, and wanted to know if she could then too, and then i dawned on me,,,,,,,,it was near halloween time,,,,

House Or Horrors, had been adertising on tv a lot, as all the spook houses do that time of year....I believe i heard an audible SIGH from the crowd in the aisle, as i told her, it is pronounced Hor ror for house of fear, she didn't get the difference at that time, but everyone had a giggle in the dog food aisle that day!!!

That is just one of many,. and that is why i like to hear these stories, reminds me of dd and all the things she used to come up with, lolol...

Oh my goodness that is hilarious! I am sure everyone was entertained... Everywhere Little Tribble goes people are entertained... He's very animated...

Guess who the new bag lady is.........  *hint* look in my signature 

Yay!!! Congrats!!!  :yay  :hug  Mary Jo's bags are so amazing! 

DH and I got all our errands done today and went by Sister's to take her the base to the car seat. I was mad because Peanut was napping and I didn't get to see him! Lol! The fact that I've seen him the last several days in a row is completely irrelevant!  :yes

Didn't get any hooking done last night because what I really want to work on are the Moogly CALs and I don't get another square until tomorrow. I'm going to check my squares for February tonight, because I was going to last night and never did, and maybe get a little done on the rainbow ripple. Hopefully I can make a little progress on that. I'm about halfway done and I'm ready to be finished! I think I've been working on it off and on for about 8 months but I didn't do any crocheting at all while I was working for those couple months last year because I was just so miserable. I'm getting all kinds done now! Lol! 

Hope everyone had a good day! I'll be back tomorrow!  :hug

Forgot to say all these stories about the kids are cracking me up! I can't wait till Peanut is old enough to start with all the funny things! But then I kind of just want him to stay a baby, so I think I'll just hang on to the "da da da da" for now! 

Here's another: on the way to the dentist recently, he told me how to make "crock pot". You only need one ingredient: a crock pot. Then you put it in the microwave and cook it for 90 minutes, and when you take it out, you have crock pot!

That was completely out of nowhere, too! Oh, and when I picked him up from school to go to the appointment, when we got outside he said "Mommy's car? Will you pwease take me to the dentist?"

I can't believe it, I wanted to try to guess the tote winner because I thought I recognized the town/state combo, but I didn't get to and now I know the answer already! I did at least feel pretty sure it was someone from our group OMG NOW I KNOW WHAT THE DRAGON PICTURE CLUE WAS aaaaaaaaa ok, I feel silly now! :lol

Guess who the new bag lady is.........  *hint* look in my signature :c9  :heart  :elle  :bounce  :jumpyay

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome!  :clap

Re: kids. The other day I asked my 3 year old, "Rosie, what are you doing?!" and her response was, "Uh...loving you?"  :reyes  :lol  :lol

Re: kids. The other day I asked my 3 year old, "Rosie, what are you doing?!" and her response was, "Uh...loving you?"  :reyes  :lol  :lol

aww, well that answer probably would melt a snowmans heart, cause it sure did mine!!! :2snowman

AWE  How sweet

When my oldest was little the movie The Fox and The Hound just came out and I bought it for him. My mom took him grocery shopping a few days later and this little old lady was just making such a fuss over him and how cute he was. He looks up at her and proudly proclaims. "I got fock n hound"   the shear horror that came over this womans face. and My mother standing there trying her best to explain he just got the fox and hound movie.  Oh what i would have given to have been there lol

AWE  How sweet

When my oldest was little the movie The Fox and The Hound just came out and I bought it for him. My mom took him grocery shopping a few days later and this little old lady was just making such a fuss over him and how cute he was. He looks up at her and proudly proclaims. "I got fock n hound"   the shear horror that came over this womans face. and My mother standing there trying her best to explain he just got the fox and hound movie.  Oh what i would have given to have been there lol

OMG LOL! Classic!  :rofl

Oh my goodness, these kids stories!  :rofl

The best I have is this one and my dad still talks about it to this day! When my sister and I were little, Mom worked in our elementary school cafeteria. One day my sister was in for lunch and there was a big bang from inside the kitchen area. She got up and ran in and in front of all the (much older than my mom) lunch ladies, she exclaimed loudly "What the h__l was that????" She had to have been in kindergarten or maybe 1st grade at that point. My mom was so embarrassed! But I think we all know where Sister learned that!  :lol

I went to Joann's today and drug DH along. He's such a good sport! I was trying to find a pattern book for shawls since I'm making a prayer shawl for my cousin whose husband passed away and I really wanted to use a skein of RHSS Giant that I already had in my stash. DH helped me find the book and then when we realized my skein I wanted to use didn't have enough for any of the patterns, he helped me do all the math and figure out which yarn was the cheaper option!  :hug

So tonight I'm working on the prayer shawl, the new square for the Moogly CAL and the Moogly Mini CAL was posted a day early so I have that to do too! I definitely don't mind being busy with yarn stuff!  :D I don't think we have any big plans for tomorrow so I should have plenty of time. Of course, that's always subject to change! Lol! 

TGIF tomorrow yall!!  :yay

Hi all ! I got the Job (as far as I know). I gotta go in and sign some papers and submit to a hwy patrol background check, but other than that, IM IN !!!!!!! woooooo ! :woo I am soooo happy

Hope you all are doing well.

My daughter asked me a few weeks ago while plaing with her kinetic sand    "Mommy are we really real? Or just part of someone's dream?"       Kinda creeepy, and fairly deep for a 7 year old. (and she was very serious)

Hi all!  Just a quick check in.  We're still battling the snow and cold weather.  We got another 4" of the white stuff this morning on top of the 16" from the last storm and it's only 10 degrees out.  Oh yeah, they're talking about a couple more storms coming in late weekend/beginning of the week!  I can't remember when I've seen this much snow around here, especially coming so quickly one storm after the other.  Come on springtime!

Wonderful squares and blankets being shown!  I'm glad to see that my squares made it to there destinations.  Now to get Feb, squares in the mail.

Angel, congrats on the job!!!  And I love the ponies.  You do great work.

Dragnlady, congrats on being the newest baglady!  Welcome to the club!

Love all the kids stories... they do say the darndest things, lol.

Lacey, congrats on your job too!

Looks like we have a lot to celebrate around here.  Having wonderful friends to chat with is my favorite thing to celebrate with this group.  Take care and be well all....

hi all, congratz Immafreak, weird about that dream thing, huh, lol a future phillosopher perhaps???

Hi annie, good to see you, are you doing better now with the dentist thing?? Good to see your post!

Hi holly, tha'ts the way to get er done, lol good for you, looking ahead to march, Im thinking i need to contact one person, as to prefs, so yarnmonkey, lol, you mentioned solid colors, so do you mean just no varigiageds, or do you mean the square made all the same color, with no conbinations of colors??? curious is all, haven't started for march, and won't for a while, but just needed to know, lol

Gotta go through and prepare for delivery, my first sat of the month donation to the open door mission today, tomorrow is my day of delivery., both to the open door, and to where I drop o ff Project Linus, so if I lay them out today, I will snap a pic of what I have so far for them,.. that is all, over and out! Enjoy your day, there will never be another one exactly like it!!

Hi all ! I got the Job (as far as I know). I gotta go in and sign some papers and submit to a hwy patrol background check, but other than that, IM IN !!!!!!! woooooo ! :woo I am soooo happy

Hope you all are doing well.

My daughter asked me a few weeks ago while plaing with her kinetic sand    "Mommy are we really real? Or just part of someone's dream?"       Kinda creeepy, and fairly deep for a 7 year old. (and she was very serious)

Yay!!! Congrats!!! I'm so glad you finally heard something AND that it was good news!!!   :yay  :hug

Hi all!  Just a quick check in.  We're still battling the snow and cold weather.  We got another 4" of the white stuff this morning on top of the 16" from the last storm and it's only 10 degrees out.  Oh yeah, they're talking about a couple more storms coming in late weekend/beginning of the week!  I can't remember when I've seen this much snow around here, especially coming so quickly one storm after the other.  Come on springtime!

Wonderful squares and blankets being shown!  I'm glad to see that my squares made it to there destinations.  Now to get Feb, squares in the mail.

Angel, congrats on the job!!!  And I love the ponies.  You do great work.

Dragnlady, congrats on being the newest baglady!  Welcome to the club!

Love all the kids stories... they do say the darndest things, lol.

Lacey, congrats on your job too!

Looks like we have a lot to celebrate around here.  Having wonderful friends to chat with is my favorite thing to celebrate with this group.  Take care and be well all....

Oh my goodness! I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed that those storms miss you and you get some good weather to melt that snow you have already and that the groundhog was wrong about winter lasting 6 more weeks! Winter and I just don't get along, even though we've had no snow at all compared to you. I just hate being cold and I'm ready for Spring, allergies and all!  :yes

hi all, congratz Immafreak, weird about that dream thing, huh, lol a future phillosopher perhaps???

Hi annie, good to see you, are you doing better now with the dentist thing?? Good to see your post!

Hi holly, tha'ts the way to get er done, lol good for you, looking ahead to march, Im thinking i need to contact one person, as to prefs, so yarnmonkey, lol, you mentioned solid colors, so do you mean just no varigiageds, or do you mean the square made all the same color, with no conbinations of colors??? curious is all, haven't started for march, and won't for a while, but just needed to know, lol

Gotta go through and prepare for delivery, my first sat of the month donation to the open door mission today, tomorrow is my day of delivery., both to the open door, and to where I drop o ff Project Linus, so if I lay them out today, I will snap a pic of what I have so far for them,.. that is all, over and out! Enjoy your day, there will never be another one exactly like it!!

I love your baby blanket! I never would have thought about putting those colors together but they're really lovely! 

I'll take any bright 8" squares that are sent my way! I have squares that are all different colors already and I think there might be a variegated or two and they're all fine too. I just don't really care for Caron SS because it's so different from all the other WW yarns. 

Feb birthday puffies in the mail.  Estimated delivery date is Mon so it will probably be Wed.

It's pretty funny that we all just assume the mail will be late!  :lol  I'm so glad it's not just me! 

My squares for February are all finished, and one person's is all packaged, I just have to take care of the ends on the other and they'll be off to the post office on Monday! I was going to take them yesterday but realized I was just going to have to turn around and go again on Monday to ship my cousin's shawl, so I figured I'd just wait and go all at once. The post office is not my favorite place and if I have to drag DH back in there twice in one week I think he'll go postal. (LOL I couldn't resist that one!)  :rofl

I got my week 3 square done for the Moogly CAL and am about halfway through my cousin's shawl and got started on the Moogly Mini CAL last night. I need to have the shawl done by Monday to get to the post office and I'm hoping to be ready for the second step on the Mini CAL when she posts it next week, so I've got plenty of my hooky plate!  :hook

Oh I finished this little heart last night to put in the box with my cousin's shawl. I thought it was just a small little thing that would be easier for her to keep with her and know her family is thinking about her. I didn't figure it was big enough to do a whole show and tell post so I thought I'd just share here. I used Premier Yarns cotton and this pattern

post-11765-0-09814000-1423276190_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow night we've got a birthday party for DH's best friend and the best friend's sister's boyfriend and I'm hoping to make a trip to Hobby Lobby beforehand to pick out buttons for the Moogly Mini CAL. I also need to start getting the stuff from our front "storage room" picked through and hauled up to the attic because that's kind of been the collection place for all the stuff from my mom's and if Sister wants to have Peanut's birthday party here, I have a lot of work to do! 

Happy weekend, everyone!  :manyheart

thanks yarnmonkey, i know what to make now for march regarding your puffy, lol I don't use caron much either, maybe in a scarf or something, but for ghans, and my charities, nope, they don't hold togtehter well,and are not as durable as RHSS...

I once made an entire ghan from just caron, turned out lovely,but holding it up with a red heart ss ghan, , the caron was much heavier.it must be more dense, or something, as they were about the same size. I don't know really how it was in the wash and dry, as I ended up giving it to a retirement home, but I hope hope hope, it stayed together..

when i do use caron,for that occastional scarf and such, i make sure I dab just a tiny dot of "ok to wash" fabric glue on it, and then tuck and pull the ends under pretty good, but it is such trouble, that is just tooo silky for my taste,lol

anyway, warmer weather here today, I got too warm in my heavier coat, so got my jacket back out, lol

Oh,i am making something cute for my brunch bunch next time, when I finish one or two, ill show you!! It just sorta came to me, in the grocery store, although it is nothing to do with food, lol inspiration strikes in strange places, huh.

all for now, getting ready to hit the shower, and then flip some channels, Im sure nothing will be on tht interests me, lol but sometimes it surprises me!! Tomorrow is Saturday, for all those that get the weekend off!! hope you enjoy your time off, and get some  time in there for hookin' too!!!!!

That's my problem with Caron SS... it's so silky, it seems like my ends don't stay in no matter what I do. And it splits when I'm trying to use it and it makes me  :thair  I have a bunch of it that was left when my dad and his girlfriend moved and I'm not real sure what to do with it... I'll probably put it up on the destashing thread. Hopefully someone loves it! Because it ain't me!  ;)

Congratulations ImmaFreek!

Yarn_monkey, that little heart is so cute.

I had a nice surprise last night. I was planning to go to dinner with my youngest daughter and her husband and then found out that my oldest daughter, her husband and my grandkids would be in town for dinner too! We went to Jaxson's which is known for its ice cream but the food is really good too. My grandson and I shared a huge hot dog, which we didn't finish, and a hot fudge sundae. My daughter and son-in-law had to drop something off to his cousin after dinner so my granddaughter and grandson went home with me for a little bit.

I'm doing some more sewing today. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Archived