Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I think the yarn I'm using for the Moogly Mini CAL has mohair in it... I use it and immediately get the sniffles and my eyes itch.  :(  It was one of those big mill end bags from AC Moore so there aren't any labels or identifying info. I've done some googling and best I can tell is that maybe it's Patons Lace Sequin. I'm so upset because the yarn is so pretty! Looks like I'll be posting it over on the destash.  :sigh

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a lot of good news in here lately! So nice to hear. :D

Not much going on here. I got the first season of the Addams Family on DVD and now I'm all like, my wardrobe does not have nearly enough black in it. Little Viking wasn't sold on it though. :( He said Lurch was scary, though Gomez and Morticia met with approval. Maybe when he's older he'll appreciate them more. :lol

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome! :clap

Re: kids. The other day I asked my 3 year old, "Rosie, what are you doing?!" and her response was, "Uh...loving you?" :reyes:lol:lol

AWE How sweet

When my oldest was little the movie The Fox and The Hound just came out and I bought it for him. My mom took him grocery shopping a few days later and this little old lady was just making such a fuss over him and how cute he was. He looks up at her and proudly proclaims. "I got fock n hound" the shear horror that came over this womans face. and My mother standing there trying her best to explain he just got the fox and hound movie. Oh what i would have given to have been there lol

Oh my goodness, these kids stories! :rofl

The best I have is this one and my dad still talks about it to this day! When my sister and I were little, Mom worked in our elementary school cafeteria. One day my sister was in for lunch and there was a big bang from inside the kitchen area. She got up and ran in and in front of all the (much older than my mom) lunch ladies, she exclaimed loudly "What the h__l was that????" She had to have been in kindergarten or maybe 1st grade at that point. My mom was so embarrassed! But I think we all know where Sister learned that! :lol

I went to Joann's today and drug DH along. He's such a good sport! I was trying to find a pattern book for shawls since I'm making a prayer shawl for my cousin whose husband passed away and I really wanted to use a skein of RHSS Giant that I already had in my stash. DH helped me find the book and then when we realized my skein I wanted to use didn't have enough for any of the patterns, he helped me do all the math and figure out which yarn was the cheaper option! :hug

So tonight I'm working on the prayer shawl, the new square for the Moogly CAL and the Moogly Mini CAL was posted a day early so I have that to do too! I definitely don't mind being busy with yarn stuff! :D I don't think we have any big plans for tomorrow so I should have plenty of time. Of course, that's always subject to change! Lol!

TGIF tomorrow yall!! :yay

Hi all ! I got the Job (as far as I know). I gotta go in and sign some papers and submit to a hwy patrol background check, but other than that, IM IN !!!!!!! woooooo ! :woo I am soooo happy

Hope you all are doing well.

My daughter asked me a few weeks ago while plaing with her kinetic sand "Mommy are we really real? Or just part of someone's dream?" Kinda creeepy, and fairly deep for a 7 year old. (and she was very serious)

Kids are hilarious!!! You never know what they are going to say next!

I am sorry I havnt shared the last two puffies I've received been lazy!!! I usually play on the internet on my tablet and have to get on the real computer to get the pictures from the camera! Bad Tribble... Will try to get that done toda, working on a valentine box for my son for his preschool. He decided he wanted a creeper from minecraft but ran out of hot glue, so have to get more for creepers last leg! Also must have Little Tribble do his homework for tomorrow then work on my crochet ponies and finish laundry... I believe that is all the plans for the day!

Have a wonderful Sunday all!!!!

Sounds like a lot of good news in here lately! So nice to hear. :D

Not much going on here. I got the first season of the Addams Family on DVD and now I'm all like, my wardrobe does not have nearly enough black in it. Little Viking wasn't sold on it though. :( He said Lurch was scary, though Gomez and Morticia met with approval. Maybe when he's older he'll appreciate them more. :lol

I love the Addams family! And my wardrobe is mostly black... Lol. I don't wear many colors except in accessories,...

Hi all  :hi  Hope everyone is doing well. Its been a  few days ( I think, LOL) so I scanned through the posts, but my brain is too tired. Ive been cleaning today, and now Im getting ready to start making dinner. We're having homemade burritos  :cheer They are soooo yummy. Id post a picture of them, but they are messy and look way better on your plate than on the computer hahahaha. 

Hi all  :hi  Hope everyone is doing well. Its been a  few days ( I think, LOL) so I scanned through the posts, but my brain is too tired. Ive been cleaning today, and now Im getting ready to start making dinner. We're having homemade burritos  :cheer They are soooo yummy. Id post a picture of them, but they are messy and look way better on your plate than on the computer hahahaha. 

Sister always asks me to take pictures when I make something new and I always send the picture with a caption of "this tastes way better than it looks!" Lol! 

Good evening everyone.

Been extremely busy and didn't have time to check in today. Was gone a lot . Now headed in to fifnish up little mans blanket then show pictures. This week will be so busy i don't think i will have time to think.

Can't wait to see the blanket! 

The weather was beautiful here today, so DH and I went out for subs and a game of mini golf. We took the long way home with the windows down because we weren't sure what else to do to enjoy the weather! Lol! Crocheted for a bit and then made dinner. Now I've got 2 rows left on the shawl and I'm hoping to hit the post office tomorrow. We'll see how that goes! I've got lunch with a friend tomorrow and then I should be able to get by there. 

We're watching the Grammy's now... I think some of these people forgot to look in the mirror before they left the house.  :reyes  So I'll crochet my way through this and the Walking Dead and then start thinking about bed.  :night  Hope everyone has a good night!! 

hi everyone. what a nice day out today, sunshine and fresh air, does wonders huh!

Everything here quiet, daughter was here a bit today, doggie gets so excited to see her, and since she was in jeans and a long sleeve swearter and  not showing much skin, the doggie decided to lick her jeans, and she says now, she's gonna smell like doggie spit! Smal price to pay for all that love though, lol...

Im not really tired, but there is nothing on to watch, that holds my interest, Im between projects, oh finished those brunch bunch things, will try to post them tomorrow for you all so see, so  cute, lol They will be late for valentines, but we aren't meeting till after that, they will still love them, lol

I did my "spa" day today, gave myself a facial, and did the nails, and moisterized and plucked my brows, and all that beauty jazz stuff, when I know I am not going anywhere in the day, I do that once in a while, lol So, I am buffed, and soft, and smooth and creamy, lol Had a shower a bit ago, (sauna??) lol, and ready almost to call it a day! Showered, shampooed, and condtioned, clean sheets, ought to sleep verywell tonight!

well besides the little pretties I finished up for the brunch bunch, I have not crocheted much at all today, but will pick up my pace again, after a brief rest, I worked so hard on all those baby afs, lol, I need a short respite, but i never can stay away too long from my yarnie goodness, lol sooooo I guess that's it, see you all tomorrow, have a great week!!

Good Morning! I had a great night sleep once i got to sleep.

Today's plan is to finish crocheting little man's blanket then on to the hat and jacket i want to make along with some decorations..... We are doing a Mickey Mouse theme. It's going to be so cute. I will take pictures and post. I'm hoping to have time to sew a rag quilt and we all sign it for him. Will see if time lets me.

well good morning sandra! you have a nice well thought out albeit busy day ahead of you, no wonder you are up so early, lol

I posted the pic of my brunch bunch goodies, see this posting to see some valentine monkeys, with a message! lol

I have to go out today, need 3 more monkeys, and dog and cat food, and Im almost out of diet coke, for shame!

so, ill leae you all for now, have a good one.

yarn_monkey, cute heart.  Sometimes the PO actually beats the estimated delivery date but I felt that they were a bit optimistic on those.  Last week my sister received some Christmas pagent tickets she had ordered, not for this past Christmas but for Christmas 2013.  

katy, I love your brunch monkeys, such a cute idea.  

viking and tribble I liked the Addams Family too.  My sister and niece have been working on adding color to my wardrobe as my first choice is always black, second navy blue, abd third a royal blue.  

I don't like working with the Caron SS either.  I have a few partial skeins from where a few have requested squares using it.   

I don't like working with the Caron SS either.  I have a few partial skeins from where a few have requested squares using it.   

I can't work with it, I love the look of it and they have great color range but it feels slick in my hands, so I clutch at it tighter and SS ends up just trashing my hands. lol

Sandra, I will have to check my stash, and see if there are any caron's in there, lol Ill keep you in mind lady!

Super saver has gotten way softer than it used to glitter, especially the Red Heart Soft yarn, I love that too, so soft....

yeah, i hope the brunch bunch loves the monkey valentines too, lol

Dinner ws fast, and easy, deli chicken, and some rice with butter on it, Im stuffed.

Tomorrow, I will get out and get one more monkey, as we might have an extra at brunch i hear, lol sooo wouldn't want her to go away empty handed!

They said the sun would be out this aft.....Ok, I consider afternoon, as  just that, after 12;00 right, so it's now 5:30. and we haven't seen a drop of that golden sunlight yet today! Hrmph! makes for grumpy day for kitty, as he likes to follow the sun across the room, well Maxie, maybe tomorrow!

He has been watching how we throw his toy mouse for him, (oh, he plays fetch by the way, lol even brings it back!) and now he has started to grab the mouse, with one claw, and throw that up in the air, releasing said claw, simultaeniously, in essence, playing fetch with himself, he also has been known to throw it to one of us, his aim might need a bit of practice, but quite a few times, it ends up in our lap! smart kitty!!

He and doggie both got a bit of chicken in their dinner bowls tonight, lol They are both resting with full tummies now, no fetch till later, I guess!!

well, all for now, hope you all enjoy your evening...

Hello everyone. Typical Monday for me, work and some shopping at Walmart. I'm eating a chicken pot pie while checking in here and then maybe some sewing. Have a great evening.

Hello everyone! I snagged a hairpin lace loom at my LYS that's closing down so I'm going to give that a whirl amongst the squares and things around here. :yes  I hope y'all have a great day!  :hug

I hate when places go out of business, especially local places, but I really do love a sale!  :shop

yarn_monkey, cute heart.  Sometimes the PO actually beats the estimated delivery date but I felt that they were a bit optimistic on those.  Last week my sister received some Christmas pagent tickets she had ordered, not for this past Christmas but for Christmas 2013.  

katy, I love your brunch monkeys, such a cute idea.  

viking and tribble I liked the Addams Family too.  My sister and niece have been working on adding color to my wardrobe as my first choice is always black, second navy blue, abd third a royal blue.  

Oh my goodness! I can't imagine the journey those tickets went on! I'm assuming they didn't really have THAT far to travel!  :blink

I love Caron SS .. I have no problem working with it..

I'll go through my stash and see what all I have and see if you want any of it. I could stuff a flat rate envelope pretty full!  :yes

Sandra, I will have to check my stash, and see if there are any caron's in there, lol Ill keep you in mind lady!

Super saver has gotten way softer than it used to glitter, especially the Red Heart Soft yarn, I love that too, so soft....

yeah, i hope the brunch bunch loves the monkey valentines too, lol

Dinner ws fast, and easy, deli chicken, and some rice with butter on it, Im stuffed.

Tomorrow, I will get out and get one more monkey, as we might have an extra at brunch i hear, lol sooo wouldn't want her to go away empty handed!

They said the sun would be out this aft.....Ok, I consider afternoon, as  just that, after 12;00 right, so it's now 5:30. and we haven't seen a drop of that golden sunlight yet today! Hrmph! makes for grumpy day for kitty, as he likes to follow the sun across the room, well Maxie, maybe tomorrow!

He has been watching how we throw his toy mouse for him, (oh, he plays fetch by the way, lol even brings it back!) and now he has started to grab the mouse, with one claw, and throw that up in the air, releasing said claw, simultaeniously, in essence, playing fetch with himself, he also has been known to throw it to one of us, his aim might need a bit of practice, but quite a few times, it ends up in our lap! smart kitty!!

He and doggie both got a bit of chicken in their dinner bowls tonight, lol They are both resting with full tummies now, no fetch till later, I guess!!

well, all for now, hope you all enjoy your evening...

I like RHSS just because it holds up so well. I've got several that don't feel so great coming off the skein, but you stick the finished thing in the washer and it's like a whole new yarn! The little monkey sets are so cute! I'm sure your brunch ladies will love them! 

I met my friend at her house before lunch today. She lives a couple hours away with her boyfriend and has the house she owns here locally and was renting it to her sister. Her sister moved back in with her dad so the house has been empty for a couple months and a pipe burst when we had a cold spell a couple weeks back. The bathroom ceiling is now in the floor and the ceiling has cracked in a few places. We visited while the insurance adjuster did his thing and then went to lunch. We had a great time and don't get to do it nearly enough! :no

Dinner we went to the Chinese buffet with one of DH's friends. My tummy is really not happy with all this bad for you food...  :yuck  We've been doing really well with eating better and now I've got all this grease and yuck in there and my body isn't sure what to do with it. I'm going to sit here in my recliner tonight and finish up the shawl and my squares and seriously get to the post office tomorrow. My hands got to hurting last night so I didn't manage it all last night. Definitely tonight though! 

In addition to the post office, I've got a Peanut visit lined up for tomorrow! It's been DAYS and I miss my little stinker.  :manyheart  Naturally, Sister and I are headed to Target too and that means Starbucks!  :D

I hope everyone had a good Monday and I'll be back tomorrow!  :hug

ah well, that was the most time comnsuming part of it all, lol I threaded a yarn needle with medium strands of yarn, and weaved it in the wire things of the notebook, three times in each wire loop, then tied if off, and  trimmed it, and fluffed it with a brush, lol that really did take the most time! thanks for asking though, lol

Archived