Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Mickey afghan! It's adorable! 

It's almost 9:30 and I have a cake in the oven! Lol! Sometimes a girl just needs to bake, I guess! It's a yellow cake that came from a box, but it's one of those "jazz it up" recipes with sour cream and an extra egg and a box of pudding mix. I'm making peanut butter frosting just as soon as my butter softens. I don't know why I can't decide to undertake these things a little earlier in the day!  :lol

Not much to report here. Went out and picked up DH's Valentine's Day present. He wanted a golf instructional video for Christmas but it was lower on the list than the other things I got him, so he's getting it for Valentine's Day. Too bad I just realized I don't have anything to wrap it in... All of my wrapping paper is themed and can't really go for anything else. Maybe just a bunch of tissue paper. I know I had a red bow. 

Cake is out of the oven now and it smells so good! I can't wait for it to cool so I can frost it! I haven't made too much frosting from scratch, so cross your fingers for me! I planned on using a tub of chocolate frosting I had in the pantry, but turns out that expired October 2013.  :2eek  Oops!

In addition to the cake, I'm still working on my Moogly scarf. Puff stitch apparently really makes my thumb hurt, so I've had to change how I hold my hook to pull it off and make decent progress every night. I need 64" before I start the second clue, which comes out I think the 13th. I'm using RHSS, and this is one of those much older skeins(do they even make SS Giant anymore??) and I kind of wish I could toss the whole thing in the wash before I keep using it but oh well. That's the first place it'll go when it's done!  :yes

Tomorrow I'm taking all my tax stuff to DH's financial lady and I need to make a trip for some buttons for this scarf. I need to see who has good coupons first. Do you know I saw buttons at Joanns that were $12 EACH??? I almost hit the floor!  :eek  They were nice and all but I really had no idea buttons could go for that much! Not a kit or a group or anything. Each! I can't even justify that with a coupon. 

I hope everyone's having a good week so far! I'll let ya'll know how this frosting goes!  :D

I'm around,just not very chatty

I'm at 54 inches on a scarf I'm doing for Grannie Annie

Tuesday was the 56th year of my Mom passing away,also had an Oncology appt. that same day,that went great protein and inflammation markers staying the same,so I go back in one year. my GP can follow me,if he wants,its totally up to him,otherwise its a trip to Harborview

owlvamp, I am lovin your Mickey set. Too cute! 

pineknott, glad your appointment went well.

I need to learn remember to multiquote as at my age, by the time I read through, I've forgotten what I wanted to reply. 

Hope everyone is well and staying warm. Cold again here after 70* days. Yuck. My friend is coming over in a bit to look at land. Pray he finds some he likes. I would love having him closer. Other than that, I finished a sashay scar for a RAOK. Want to try and get a VDay hat done later today for a giveaway on my facebook page. 

Everyone have a great day. Close to the weekend. :) 

Thank you YarnMonkey and GrannyAnnie!! Received these beauties today. I am so excited to see the Puffies. I will be assembling my ghan after this months birthday squares and I must say the talent and love put into these are so sweet. I am going to be putting these on my bed to cherish for a lifetime. :)

post-73509-0-50107000-1423778154_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! Nothing new to report here, just the same nonsense on a different day. I'm too tired again tonight but I'm looking forward to tomorrow being here and work done so I can go see my grandkids, daughter and son-in-law for the long weekend. I'm working on birthday squares tonight. Have a great evening.

Good luck on your new job.

Here is what I finished up last night. Just a few project of crocheting for Sunday to be done.

I really love how this Mickey bag turned out. I will use it as a gift bag...

I really like it too!.  

Nice tote, nice squares! Sopo, I am the same way anymore, and it hate people thinking Im just not commenting on them, lol it's not that, just that i forget unless I do quote! So, linda and carol, good to hear from you both too, hoping you get some hookie time soon!! how is that wrist doing linda, all better, or not yet??

a trip to wally world, me thinks is in the cards tomorrow, looking for some pinks, for that ghan, still haven't decided what to do it like, but that will come, lol. was thinking round ripples are sure pretty, have no idea though, what size she wants, we never got to that, and I don't do huge ghans that fit on queen beds, anymore, lol,,,so hopefully, she will narrow down the details, and I will look at yarn in the mean time,lol

oh, the red heart site, is having 25 percent off Super Saver, if anyone is interested, I have my cart on hold till the wally world trip, lol

cake sounds delish yarn monkey, Im like that too, have been known to make popcorn at midnight, if I want to, lol

all for now, maybe come in later and chat a bit more, have a good one, it's cold here, snuggle down for the night I guess!!! lol

Nice tote, nice squares! Sopo, I am the same way anymore, and it hate people thinking Im just not commenting on them, lol it's not that, just that i forget unless I do quote! So, linda and carol, good to hear from you both too, hoping you get some hookie time soon!! how is that wrist doing linda, all better, or not yet??

a trip to wally world, me thinks is in the cards tomorrow, looking for some pinks, for that ghan, still haven't decided what to do it like, but that will come, lol. was thinking round ripples are sure pretty, have no idea though, what size she wants, we never got to that, and I don't do huge ghans that fit on queen beds, anymore, lol,,,so hopefully, she will narrow down the details, and I will look at yarn in the mean time,lol

oh, the red heart site, is having 25 percent off Super Saver, if anyone is interested, I have my cart on hold till the wally world trip, lol

cake sounds delish yarn monkey, Im like that too, have been known to make popcorn at midnight, if I want to, lol

all for now, maybe come in later and chat a bit more, have a good one, it's cold here, snuggle down for the night I guess!!! lol

thanks for asking Katy,its been a yr. now and its doing good,finally don't have to be a contortionist trying to turn the car on,that was the last thing to come back,only drawback,when the weather changes,it gets kind of achy

Here is what I finished up last night. Just a few project of crocheting for Sunday to be done.

I am loving the Mickey things you've been making! They're so adorable!  :manyheart

I'm around,just not very chatty

I'm at 54 inches on a scarf I'm doing for Grannie Annie

Tuesday was the 56th year of my Mom passing away,also had an Oncology appt. that same day,that went great protein and inflammation markers staying the same,so I go back in one year. my GP can follow me,if he wants,its totally up to him,otherwise its a trip to Harborview

Glad your appointment went well!  :hug

owlvamp, I am lovin your Mickey set. Too cute! 

pineknott, glad your appointment went well.

I need to learn remember to multiquote as at my age, by the time I read through, I've forgotten what I wanted to reply. 

Hope everyone is well and staying warm. Cold again here after 70* days. Yuck. My friend is coming over in a bit to look at land. Pray he finds some he likes. I would love having him closer. Other than that, I finished a sashay scar for a RAOK. Want to try and get a VDay hat done later today for a giveaway on my facebook page. 

Everyone have a great day. Close to the weekend. :)

Shoot, I'm only 30 and if I don't multiquote, I forget everything! DH laughs at me because my memory stinks and I'm a horrible klutz. I got into a fight with our shower caddy last week. I lost.  :reyes We had two 70* days and then today it snowed! Ugh! Too warm to stick though, thank goodness! 

Thank you YarnMonkey and GrannyAnnie!! Received these beauties today. I am so excited to see the Puffies. I will be assembling my ghan after this months birthday squares and I must say the talent and love put into these are so sweet. I am going to be putting these on my bed to cherish for a lifetime. :)

Yay! Glad they made it safely!  :hug

Cake turned out so good! I'll never make a box cake by those directions again! And I'm so proud of myself on the icing. Best part is I have leftover icing because I should've put more in between the layers but didn't realize it till it was too late. Oh well, it'll be good on graham crackers!  :D

DH and I took all my tax stuff to the tax attorney today and made a trip to Costco. Wasn't a bad time to go, I was surprised!  As always, we walked out with more than was on the list but there are always some deals we can't pass up, like really nice sneakers for $20! My usual pair is starting to fall apart, with the plastic heel part bent down to where it rubs my foot. It would help if I actually untied my shoes when I take them off, but it'll never happen! Lol! 

Tomorrow I've got to go to the grocery store and I'm hoping to get by AC Moore to see if they can either sell me a piece of glass or just buy a new frame for a cross stitch my mom did years and years ago. She put it in a frame but there's no glass in it. I worry that it will get dirty or messed up, so I think it needs a new home! It's one of those printed ones with a little girl picking flowers by a white picket fence and my mom stitched parts of the girl's dress and the flowers. I want to hang it in the kitchen once I have the frame situation figured out. 

Is everyone excited for Friday? Any big plans for the weekend or Valentine's Day? :manyheart

I am loving the Mickey things you've been making! They're so adorable!  :manyheart

Glad your appointment went well!  :hug

Shoot, I'm only 30 and if I don't multiquote, I forget everything! DH laughs at me because my memory stinks and I'm a horrible klutz. I got into a fight with our shower caddy last week. I lost.  :reyes We had two 70* days and then today it snowed! Ugh! Too warm to stick though, thank goodness! 

Yay! Glad they made it safely!  :hug

Cake turned out so good! I'll never make a box cake by those directions again! And I'm so proud of myself on the icing. Best part is I have leftover icing because I should've put more in between the layers but didn't realize it till it was too late. Oh well, it'll be good on graham crackers!  :D

DH and I took all my tax stuff to the tax attorney today and made a trip to Costco. Wasn't a bad time to go, I was surprised!  As always, we walked out with more than was on the list but there are always some deals we can't pass up, like really nice sneakers for $20! My usual pair is starting to fall apart, with the plastic heel part bent down to where it rubs my foot. It would help if I actually untied my shoes when I take them off, but it'll never happen! Lol! 

Tomorrow I've got to go to the grocery store and I'm hoping to get by AC Moore to see if they can either sell me a piece of glass or just buy a new frame for a cross stitch my mom did years and years ago. She put it in a frame but there's no glass in it. I worry that it will get dirty or messed up, so I think it needs a new home! It's one of those printed ones with a little girl picking flowers by a white picket fence and my mom stitched parts of the girl's dress and the flowers. I want to hang it in the kitchen once I have the frame situation figured out. 

Is everyone excited for Friday? Any big plans for the weekend or Valentine's Day? :manyheart

I had to smile about the icing in between layers,my daughter is the baker in the family,and she uses the thinnest layer of icing,to where some people have commented,how do you get it on there so thinly

I had to smile about the icing in between layers,my daughter is the baker in the family,and she uses the thinnest layer of icing,to where some people have commented,how do you get it on there so thinly

Well I figure the thicker the icing the better! I just thought for sure I had so much on there and was scared I'd run out for going around the edge, so I stopped where I was and then when I cut into it... whoops. Oh well. That's another good reason I have extra! Although the pieces we had for dessert seemed okay in the middle... Clearly I didn't get it very even. I'm not a baker obviously, but it tastes good!  :yes

I just thought I'd check in.  We've been having some really cold weather with today being the worst so far and Sunday being worse than today.   They issued a warning because it was so cold so we had to cancel 2 of our early cleans today and hubby went to clean the church this afternoon after the warning expired.  I wanted to go with him but he insisted that I stay home.   He's so kind to me :)  Sunday our high temp is supposed to be around -3.  Very scary.  

I haven't gotten to get my yarn picked out yet for the mystery cal.  I hope I don't wait too long and get too far behind.  I haven't been able to make it to Hobby Lobby with the cold although I could try to find some in my stash.

Speaking of my stash, I have about 15 plastic bins full of yarn in our basement.   Those bins were so full that about a year ago when I started to go to Hobby Lobby with my online 40% off coupon (one for me and one for hubby - again he's so good to me because he will get me a skein of yarn with the coupon and once in a while he gets something for himself)   I started making this pile of yarn in another area of the basement.  

We also go to Joann's, Michaels and AC Moore once in a while sometimes stopping at  2 or more stores in one day.  LOL.   Anyhow, the pile of yarn got pretty big and everything was in white bags and I didn't know what I had so I went to Dollar Tree and bought some sweater bags and blanket bags.  The sweater bags hold 6 regular skeins of yarn and the blanket bags hold too many.  I found that I prefer the sweater bags.   

I went through a bunch of that pile and organized according to yarns and types.  I still have to get more sweater bags. I want to get all of it in sweater bags so I can see what I have.    It's not fun having to keep most of the yarn in the basement but we don't want to risk our cat Alley eating it again after he had surgery from eating yarn.  

I hope this is okay but I wanted to post a pic of one of the squares that I sent to Tribble.   I haven't seen them posted yet and I've been a bit excited for Nikki to see one of the squares that I made because it was so similar to one that she sent to Tribble too.   I thought it was eerie when I saw it posted since I had made the square about a week before that.   They aren't exact but quite close.    

I hope everyone is keeping warm.   We are counting the days until Spring and are SOOO looking forward to it.   Also on a good note, we called our former employee the other day to see if she wanted to pick up some hours and she isn't able to work for 6 months but said she would like to after that.   So at least there is some hope.  I'm hoping to get another employee before then and hopefully we can get her back too.   

post-41725-0-61812400-1423857872_thumb.jpg

katy you read my  mind when you asked Linda about her wrist as I had asked then lost my post and didn't retype it.

yarn_monkey all that matters was that your cake tasted good, some of the prettiest fanciest cakes just don't tast good.  We don't have any big plans for valentine's day.  We went to the zoo today and then stopped for tacos.  We rarely go out on the actual day and it's never anything fancy.  

It's supposed to get cold again here and snow is in the forecast for the next few days.    

hi everyone, nice square up there, pretty, and love the colors in it..Let me just say, Happy Birthday to our two Birthday girls in February, not sure if I already said that , but there it is!! Hope your special days are just that, Special!!

Good to hear the wrist is back to normal linda, it probably will always bother you though, in the cold and the damp... I tell my daughter, anything you hurt when you are younger, will bother you when you get older, and that is in addition to anything else you damage, in your grown up years, lol ah, the loveliness of aging, huh!! I prefer to say, maturing, lol sounds a bit more gentle!

Oh poor sharon, you're weather is really atrocious lately, and Boston, for goodness sakes, if everyone says "OK I GIVE!! all at the same time,  maybe the snow will stop!!!  Enough already, huh!

Never been to the zoo in winter Bgs, our is so huge, and so much walking, I don't think really, that it is open this time of year, I guess i never thought to find that out though.

Glad the cake came out so well Yarn monkey, i tell ya, i use this cake flour, and use the recipie on the back of the box, and a more moist, light soft, delishcious cake can't be found!! I think it is called the 123 cake, anyway, it is on the back of Swan'sdown cake flour, utterly worth the trouble!!

I have made icing that has been delish, and I have screwed it up a couple times too, so if i plan on making it, I always look up my mom's recipie (in her book) and it turns out fine, I don't wing it anymore, lol.....

Oh i got some milk chocolate Lindor Truffles, my fav!! but i can't have them till tomorrow, lol. We're not going anywhere, too many crowds to deal with, but I am glad i at least have the truffles,,,,,one a day, is what I allow myself, but when i have it, I am totally in my own happy place, lol The roof could cave in, and I would still only be enjoying the rich creamy chocolate truffle in my mouth!!

And Glitter, i totally didn't remember it being friday the 13th! lol My dd has always said, that is her lucky day, lol Hope today was lucky for everyone too!!

We got to 49 today, which Ill take, but more chillier day tomorrow coming up, it' s the time of the winter, that really can't decide what it wants to be, day by day, so, we cross our fingers, and hope for good weather, from here on out!! I saw on the news, Poor Boston too, so many roofs caving in under the wieght of all their snow, and more storms on the way, my goodness!!

well gals, went and looked at yarn and got a couple pinks, to test them out, lol see what goes with what, or what goes with my stash, or or or, no where closer to how to make the pink ghan, till I get some more details, lol but pink is pretty, I just didn't have much of it!! I think it is better mixed with either other shades of pink, or a white or off white, so will talk to my friend about those possibilities as well... also goes well with a very light shade of green, not a mint, just a pale pale green.

all for now, talk to you later, take care, stay warm, :ghug

or mint would be ok, too, i guess. lol and  :heart  Happy Valentines day tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!   :heart 

katy I started buying the Friends of the Zoo membership way back when nephew and niece were little so we could run out there for 2 to 3 hours at a time and not make a big day of it.  They have 3 pretty good exhibits close to the front that you can go into and stay warm--The Tropics building, the penguins, and the polar bears.  The polar bears you can watch from outside places also.  Today both bears were out together for awhile.  They mostly paced back and forth in opposite corners.  I think the younger male was happier when she went back in her quarters so he could do his laps in the pool.  He was in the exhibit  first and is much younger than she is.  He goes in the water and swims around the big rock formation and comes over to the big glass wall( while under water), and as he comes up (facing you) he pushes off of the glass wall with his hind feet onto his back.  I also like to stop and watch the seals play in the water.  They were doing major maintenance to the penguin exhibit.  it's kind of nice going this time of year when its not so crowded. 

Mickey bag is awesome!!! I love it and the afghan!

I got 2 puffies that I forgot to post pictures for!

Pretty puffies!

Thank you YarnMonkey and GrannyAnnie!! Received these beauties today. I 

More pretty Puffies!!!

I forget everything and am a horrible klutz also!!! Sounds like we could be Sisters! LOL

I hope this is okay but I wanted to post a pic of one of the squares that I sent to Tribble.   I haven't seen them posted yet and I've been a bit excited for Nikki to see one of the squares that I made because it was so similar to one that she sent to Tribble too.   I thought it was eerie when I saw it posted since I had made the square about a week before that.   They aren't exact but quite close.    

Thanks for posting... I seem to have lost the pictures I took. I put them on the computer - deleted from camera- now cant find them on the computer :( Gonna have to take more pictures! Ack! I've got two puffies that I havn't posted pictures for, I feel terrible! Computers hate me...

I got Little Tribbles Valentine box completed and he loved it... I am going to have to post a picture to let you all see how it turned out. He decided he wanted a creeper from minecraft and he loves it... Now he wants a creeper cake for his birthday - poor me, my themed cakes don't turn out very well, I don't think.... We will probably dress him up as a creeper for Halloween also! I know its early but we begin with the outfit ideas very early.

we don't have anything planned for Valentines day - I work the night before and the night of soooo, HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th :)

We don't normally do a lot for valentines anyway, we save for Halloween and our Anniversary which is on Halloween.

I'm still working on the ponies for my other forum swap.... I have to get these things done, they have to be shipped out on the 2nd or 3rd of march - now I can start biting my nails cause they are not finished... LOL

I bought a couple things of yarn at Ollies yesterday - a beautiful blue and a caramel brown... Bought a set of knitting needles also, gonna try my hand at that sometime... Looks like fun! I had a lady tell me to begin with dishclothes so that is what I am going to do.

I just thought I'd check in.  We've been having some really cold weather with today being the worst so far and Sunday being worse than today.   They issued a warning because it was so cold so we had to cancel 2 of our early cleans today and hubby went to clean the church this afternoon after the warning expired.  I wanted to go with him but he insisted that I stay home.   He's so kind to me :)  Sunday our high temp is supposed to be around -3.  Very scary.  

I haven't gotten to get my yarn picked out yet for the mystery cal.  I hope I don't wait too long and get too far behind.  I haven't been able to make it to Hobby Lobby with the cold although I could try to find some in my stash.

Speaking of my stash, I have about 15 plastic bins full of yarn in our basement.   Those bins were so full that about a year ago when I started to go to Hobby Lobby with my online 40% off coupon (one for me and one for hubby - again he's so good to me because he will get me a skein of yarn with the coupon and once in a while he gets something for himself)   I started making this pile of yarn in another area of the basement.  

We also go to Joann's, Michaels and AC Moore once in a while sometimes stopping at  2 or more stores in one day.  LOL.   Anyhow, the pile of yarn got pretty big and everything was in white bags and I didn't know what I had so I went to Dollar Tree and bought some sweater bags and blanket bags.  The sweater bags hold 6 regular skeins of yarn and the blanket bags hold too many.  I found that I prefer the sweater bags.   

I went through a bunch of that pile and organized according to yarns and types.  I still have to get more sweater bags. I want to get all of it in sweater bags so I can see what I have.    It's not fun having to keep most of the yarn in the basement but we don't want to risk our cat Alley eating it again after he had surgery from eating yarn.  

I hope everyone is keeping warm.   We are counting the days until Spring and are SOOO looking forward to it.   Also on a good note, we called our former employee the other day to see if she wanted to pick up some hours and she isn't able to work for 6 months but said she would like to after that.   So at least there is some hope.  I'm hoping to get another employee before then and hopefully we can get her back too.   

Sharon that is too funny! Of all the squares patterns around, we picked the same one! I probably would've thought something really weird was happening if we had done the same order on colors. Clearly great minds think alike!  :yes  I really hope you all are careful with the temperatures and weather going on!  :hug

katy you read my  mind when you asked Linda about her wrist as I had asked then lost my post and didn't retype it.

yarn_monkey all that matters was that your cake tasted good, some of the prettiest fanciest cakes just don't tast good.  We don't have any big plans for valentine's day.  We went to the zoo today and then stopped for tacos.  We rarely go out on the actual day and it's never anything fancy.  

It's supposed to get cold again here and snow is in the forecast for the next few days.    

It didn't look all that great but it definitely tastes good! I don't care what it looks like as long as it doesn't taste bad! We never go out the actual day either. I think we did the first year we were together. Everything is more expensive to go on the actual day, so we're going out on Monday. Plus we won't have to deal with the crowds! Tomorrow we'll exchange our cards and I'm making DH's favorite dinner and surprising him with mini caramel cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He's not a huge breakfast eater, but he loves cinnamon rolls and they have to be even better with gooey caramel! I'm also going to make the peanut butter cookies and instead of doing a Hershey Kiss in the middle, I'll use those Dove heart-shaped ones.  :manyheart

hi everyone, nice square up there, pretty, and love the colors in it..Let me just say, Happy Birthday to our two Birthday girls in February, not sure if I already said that , but there it is!! Hope your special days are just that, Special!!

Good to hear the wrist is back to normal linda, it probably will always bother you though, in the cold and the damp... I tell my daughter, anything you hurt when you are younger, will bother you when you get older, and that is in addition to anything else you damage, in your grown up years, lol ah, the loveliness of aging, huh!! I prefer to say, maturing, lol sounds a bit more gentle!

Oh poor sharon, you're weather is really atrocious lately, and Boston, for goodness sakes, if everyone says "OK I GIVE!! all at the same time,  maybe the snow will stop!!!  Enough already, huh!

Never been to the zoo in winter Bgs, our is so huge, and so much walking, I don't think really, that it is open this time of year, I guess i never thought to find that out though.

Glad the cake came out so well Yarn monkey, i tell ya, i use this cake flour, and use the recipie on the back of the box, and a more moist, light soft, delishcious cake can't be found!! I think it is called the 123 cake, anyway, it is on the back of Swan'sdown cake flour, utterly worth the trouble!!

I have made icing that has been delish, and I have screwed it up a couple times too, so if i plan on making it, I always look up my mom's recipie (in her book) and it turns out fine, I don't wing it anymore, lol.....

Oh i got some milk chocolate Lindor Truffles, my fav!! but i can't have them till tomorrow, lol. We're not going anywhere, too many crowds to deal with, but I am glad i at least have the truffles,,,,,one a day, is what I allow myself, but when i have it, I am totally in my own happy place, lol The roof could cave in, and I would still only be enjoying the rich creamy chocolate truffle in my mouth!!

And Glitter, i totally didn't remember it being friday the 13th! lol My dd has always said, that is her lucky day, lol Hope today was lucky for everyone too!!

We got to 49 today, which Ill take, but more chillier day tomorrow coming up, it' s the time of the winter, that really can't decide what it wants to be, day by day, so, we cross our fingers, and hope for good weather, from here on out!! I saw on the news, Poor Boston too, so many roofs caving in under the wieght of all their snow, and more storms on the way, my goodness!!

well gals, went and looked at yarn and got a couple pinks, to test them out, lol see what goes with what, or what goes with my stash, or or or, no where closer to how to make the pink ghan, till I get some more details, lol but pink is pretty, I just didn't have much of it!! I think it is better mixed with either other shades of pink, or a white or off white, so will talk to my friend about those possibilities as well... also goes well with a very light shade of green, not a mint, just a pale pale green.

all for now, talk to you later, take care, stay warm, :ghug

or mint would be ok, too, i guess. lol and  :heart  Happy Valentines day tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!   :heart 

Katie those Lindor truffles make me a happy girl too! I could eat them till I was sick. Only problem I had with it being Friday the 13th was I forgot to use a couple coupons when Sister and I went to Target. Not too bad, I think! Lol! 

I went to Sister's this afternoon and we took Peanut to Target and then dropped him back off at home with his dad and went to the grocery store. Peanut has learned to click his tongue in his mouth and hum while he blows raspberries and he's obsessed! It's so cute because nobody loves the sound of his voice as much as he does!  :lol  Sister and I definitely tie for a close 2nd though! 

The second half of the Moogly Mini CAL came out today and I'm only 3 inches shy of being ready for it, so tonight I'm going to finish up those 3 inches and get started on the next step. I need to start figuring out my plan for March birthdays too. I really liked that I was totally ready for February when the month started so I'm hoping to at least be close to the same way for March. It'll be a little harder though with all these March birthdays! 

Tomorrow I'm going to get all the treats made for DH and dinner and I need to make a trip out to hopefully find some tights and I really want to get into the craft room and sort out all the Caron SS. That might be ambitious, but we'll see! 

I hope everyone has a good night and Happy Valentine's day!!  :manyheart  :manyheart

Mickey bag is awesome!!! I love it and the afghan!

Pretty puffies!

More pretty Puffies!!!

I forget everything and am a horrible klutz also!!! Sounds like we could be Sisters! LOL

Thanks for posting... I seem to have lost the pictures I took. I put them on the computer - deleted from camera- now cant find them on the computer :( Gonna have to take more pictures! Ack! I've got two puffies that I havn't posted pictures for, I feel terrible! Computers hate me...

I got Little Tribbles Valentine box completed and he loved it... I am going to have to post a picture to let you all see how it turned out. He decided he wanted a creeper from minecraft and he loves it... Now he wants a creeper cake for his birthday - poor me, my themed cakes don't turn out very well, I don't think.... We will probably dress him up as a creeper for Halloween also! I know its early but we begin with the outfit ideas very early.

we don't have anything planned for Valentines day - I work the night before and the night of soooo, HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th :)

We don't normally do a lot for valentines anyway, we save for Halloween and our Anniversary which is on Halloween.

I'm still working on the ponies for my other forum swap.... I have to get these things done, they have to be shipped out on the 2nd or 3rd of march - now I can start biting my nails cause they are not finished... LOL

I bought a couple things of yarn at Ollies yesterday - a beautiful blue and a caramel brown... Bought a set of knitting needles also, gonna try my hand at that sometime... Looks like fun! I had a lady tell me to begin with dishclothes so that is what I am going to do.

Lol I think we could be! I did something to my ankle getting up from the couch to get cake last night. DH is just mind boggled at how I pull these things off. I don't even know! It's not swollen exactly, maybe a tiny bit puffy, so I have no idea what exactly happened! No telling!  :reyes  I'm a mess!  :lol

Lol I think we could be! I did something to my ankle getting up from the couch to get cake last night. DH is just mind boggled at how I pull these things off. I don't even know! It's not swollen exactly, maybe a tiny bit puffy, so I have no idea what exactly happened! No telling!  :reyes  I'm a mess!  :lol

Same here... I had to have surgery on my right foot last September because I broke my foot mowing the grass... Granted there was already a stress fracture there but It shouldnt have broken completely on walking up a bank! Hope your ankle is doing ok!

Goodness, it took me a loooong time to catch up!  I saw a lot of eye candy and read a lot about snow.  We are begging for cold and rain in sunny SoCal.  It has been getting up to the high 80's and low to mid 90's.  Yuck!

That's my problem with Caron SS... it's so silky, it seems like my ends don't stay in no matter what I do. And it splits when I'm trying to use it and it makes me  :thair  I have a bunch of it that was left when my dad and his girlfriend moved and I'm not real sure what to do with it... I'll probably put it up on the destashing thread. Hopefully someone loves it! Because it ain't me!  ;)

I looooove CSS!  I use it a lot more than any other yarn.  I think it is one of those things that you love or hate.  They carry a great range of colors too.  

Hi all, I finaly got the call that everything came back good (i would hope so, theres nothing on my background check that thats bad, LOL) so I go for my orientation on thursday. I need to get the stuff for dinner out of the freezer and get that going, but I have a strong urge to sit on my behind and crochet

Congratulations!!  My new job begins on March 2nd.  I am getting nervous now that I am two weeks closer to starting.  How did it go on your first day?

Your whole Mickey theme is just adorable!  My hats off to you :)

It's my birthday month!  I have received four puffies so far.  I love them!  I think I posted the ones I received from Katie, but just in case I didn't, I'm posting them.  Thank you so much!!!!

From Katie:

post-44469-0-24240700-1423898417_thumb.jpg

From Nikki (yarn_monkey):

post-44469-0-23420000-1423898461_thumb.jpg

From Brenda (bgs):

post-44469-0-43363700-1423898484_thumb.jpg

From Ann (grannyannie):

post-44469-0-82799100-1423898526_thumb.jpg

And now for some recently finished stuff.  I am having memory problems, it seems, because I can't remember if I posted about this before either.  I was hired to finish two lapghans.  My LYS asked me if I would be interested.  The person that started them passed away over 10 years ago, and she started them quite a while before she passed.  Both are Tunisian crochet, one of them entrelac and the other a Tunisian simple stitch (afghan stitch) all the way through.  I don't know if I would do it again with old projects because the yarn was old, dirty, had lots of pet hair (which I'm allergic to), and I think was even sometimes in the vicinity of peeing pets.  At long last I finished both and washed them in the extra heavy cycle.  They turned out so great!  I added a border to the afghan stitch one and blocked it so that the sides don't curl.  I only photographed the afghan stitch lapghan before weaving in the ends.  Anyway, here they are :)

post-44469-0-50193000-1423898972_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-76957500-1423898981_thumb.jpg

So many pretty things!!

Yesterday was a little crazy at work but as soon as it was over I headed north to my daughter's home. We all went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, yummy and then relaxed at home and played checkers. Grandson and I were the first ones up this morning and he wanted eggs, toast and chocolate milk for breakfast which of course I made. And then made it again a couple hours later when my granddaughter woke up, their mommy and daddy are still sleeping. The kids were surprised with their Valentine's Day goodies that I brought and the ones their mommy left out for them. They gave me very cute cards that they made and a Brighton heart necklace. Now we are just lounging around watching TV and playing. I think daughter has plans for us to run some errands later. I hope everyone has a very Happy Valentine's Day!

Archived