Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh and howie, I love yours too! All those blues together, mmm-mm. I found the spare yarn I think might be good for using it up, but I just don't know if it's going to come out quite as nice as the ones here. Just have to think carefully about the colors, I guess. (I'll probably have to buy more of a couple of them anyway; I only have one each of most of the colors!)

ETA: ok yeah, I'm definitely going to end up having to buy more! But at least that won't be for a while; I'll have plenty of time to make a dent in the stash first.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I had a huge post typed up and accidentally deleted it... Ack - I seem to do that quite a bit... Inway in the rundown

I love the zoo and was unable to go last year because I had to have surgery on my foot and our tickets expired :(

I am glad peanut is doing okay after his mishap, it can be quite scary

All the blankets look awesome!

Our temperatures here have been in the single digits but has felt like 10 and 20 below! I hate it and Little Tribble is not happy about not being able to play in it. I refuse to let him out in this weather... It's supposed to warm up this weekend so maybe then.

Plus side, I have the pictures I've been promising all month! YAY...

Squared from Sopo and ? I didn't seem to take a picture of the name! Anyway thank you so much I love them...

post-73457-0-94814900-1424402447_thumb.jpg

post-73457-0-48547500-1424402536_thumb.jpg

hey all

well viking, it should be soon, can't remember the date, but it was last week sometime, lol

beautiful squares, you guys are sooooooo ambitious!!

Glad your shower is going to be more comfy, lol in the new house!! The cold this year, has really taken it's toll, seems I sometimes just can't get warm enough, and the hot shower, is the only thing that does it, lol

I mean  it's just brunch with the girls, but I would never show up without doing hair and some make up, and stuff, so, that all slows me down. And, I can't eat something that fast after I get up, so I get up earlier than i need to, so I will get at least a little hungry by then, lol

Oh well, it is fun, we laugh, and someone almost always has some thing to bring the rest of us up to speed on what is going on in the neighborhood, lol  

The good thing about it is that most of the places we visit for brunch, are close by, so no long cold drive, lol

Well, Im kinda tired tonight, gonna just get myself a yogurt, and relax a bit for the night, take care all.

ohh tribble, those are sure pretty!! No, i wouldn't have let him go out either, when it is that cold, good way to frost bite fingers, noses, and toes!! Hope it gets better for you too this weekend, us too, maybe 40's tomorrow, yay!!

We can hope!!! I don't remember the cold  bothering me when I was younger but the last few years - I hate it. I wouldn't leave the house if it wasn't for work and having to eat!

I feel so badly for everyone suffering through that cold!  I wish I had a huge house and the funds to fly you all over to my neck of the pavement jungle.  Keep warm and safe!

Viking, I know you will make a gorgeous Sophie!  She makes everything look good :)  I feel for you and your lack of truly hot water.  When we would visit my paternal grandparents in Mexico during Christmas, I dreaded bath time.  The bathroom was across the icy cement courtyard, and it was not insulated.  Oh, let me mention that the "bathtub" was a huge copper pot thingy.  It's not a pot.  I don't know the English name for it, but it's a round sort of copper tub thingy but not actually a tub.  An adult could sit in it comfortably.  There was cold water that came out of the shower, and we would have to boil water to add in.  Firstly, being the oldest of six, I was last to bathe.  The water wouldn't get changed.  Yuck!  Secondly, my mom would be so tired of boiling water that it would not even be tepid by the time it was my turn.  Here's my confession, and it's a doozy!  One time, I got in, poured the water over me, and jumped out.  I was freezing!!!  I told my mom I had bathed, and she didn't believe me, but she couldn't get me to say otherwise; so she let it go.  I ended up with a very bad cold and had to sleep sitting up so I could breathe somewhat.  I had undiagnosed asthma.  It was a nightmare!  Anyway, I get what you say about the lack of hot water.  I hope you get it fixed quickly and that it's not expensive.

Howie, I love your Sophie!  I think I remember seeing it, but I didn't put two and two together.  What's your FB name, if you don't mind me asking?

Katie, I'm going to drop in on your brunches one of these years!  I would love to meet you and your friends.  You all sound like a great group.  

pineknott, keep warm!

yarn_monkey, I'm so excited about the yarn!  I'm thinking of making another Sophie with all CSS.  I think she will be gorgeous!  Did you find what to have for dinner tomorrow?  Have fun visiting your sister and Peanut.  I'm still hoping for his teeth to both be saved.  Thank you again for the yarn!

Tribble, nice squares!  You keep warm and safe too :)

We had a crafting meeting today, and it was the day to celebrate my birthday.  I got yarn, a cool bag, beaded stitch markers my friend made, her beeswax soap that I love, and a body and foot scrub.  I love it all!  Then we got two visitors that really, really want to learn how to crochet and craft.  I was the closest to them; so I spent most of the meeting teaching them the finer points of holding the yarn and hook and keeping your edges straight.  I am going to give a crocodile stitch class at my LYS, and I have been nervous that I won't be able to clearly teach it, but I think that these two ladies helped me to see that I can do it.  Yay!  It was a great day today :)

I'm off to make at least one more square of the KCACO-UK CAL.  Then I'm off to bed.  It's less than two weeks till my first day at my new job!  I must, must, must get myself on a decent sleeping schedule.

Good night, ladies!!

Maria

howieann I love your Sophie-----blue is my favorite color

viking I was afraid the showers might be a tad chilly.  The time our water heater went out during a chilly Feb I was always boiling water on the stove for dishes and baths

We got some more snow yesterday.  It didn't amount to much but the timing was critical.  It took dh and hour longer to get home.  They say we might have freezing rain by morning. 

angel loved the bath story at your grandma's.  Mine lived in the country.  She had a well with running water to the kitchen.  The bathroom was a little building on the hill. When we stayed with her in the summer we used solar power to heat our bath water.  We put water in a wash tub and let it heat in the sun.  At the time I only had two sisters so we would take turns on who bathed in the water first.  We were little and she was way out in the country so we bathed outside. 

congratz dragnlady!! hoping all to go well, so little to have surgery...

Beautiful eye candy up there too, nice squares!! Im popping in now and then to your thread yarnmonkey, on the squares, they are turning out gorgeous!l

Burr, chilly baths, what did we do before modern days, my guess is suffer through them, lol

Nicer day comoing tomorrow, thank goodness, today still chilly, but sun was out, adn I got a lot of things  completed, and boxed for next saturday. I worked on hats, and scarves, and some baby hats and such, plus I have two ghans going on the 7th at least, and that is about it for this month.... I try to do more, on the holiday months, and the rest, whatever I can get done, you know.

had some chicken and rice casserole tonight, boy it tasted good, I sure didn't even think I would eat any this morning, when I thought about it, but I had just had an omelot here, so no wonder, but it did taste good, and that is what I had out thawing, so it got made and was tasty....

Changed the linens today as well, and vaccumed, normal  stuff like dishes,and wiping off counters, cleaning bathroom, and so on and so forth, so just have left to vac to bedroom,and that room will be clean too, lol

Re did the shelves in the craft room, moved things and stacked things a bit more neat,lol now I won'tremember where i put certain things when i need them,so I labled all the bins and boxes,lol I know I won't remember without labels!!

well, all for now,stay warm, stay safe,  keep healthy!!!!!!

We can hope!!! I don't remember the cold  bothering me when I was younger but the last few years - I hate it. I wouldn't leave the house if it wasn't for work and having to eat!

I'm with you Tribble! I hate it! I try to avoid going out at all when it's so cold out. And snow?? Forget it. Makes me want to run away!  :yes

I feel so badly for everyone suffering through that cold!  I wish I had a huge house and the funds to fly you all over to my neck of the pavement jungle.  Keep warm and safe!

Viking, I know you will make a gorgeous Sophie!  She makes everything look good  I feel for you and your lack of truly hot water.  When we would visit my paternal grandparents in Mexico during Christmas, I dreaded bath time.  The bathroom was across the icy cement courtyard, and it was not insulated.  Oh, let me mention that the "bathtub" was a huge copper pot thingy.  It's not a pot.  I don't know the English name for it, but it's a round sort of copper tub thingy but not actually a tub.  An adult could sit in it comfortably.  There was cold water that came out of the shower, and we would have to boil water to add in.  Firstly, being the oldest of six, I was last to bathe.  The water wouldn't get changed.  Yuck!  Secondly, my mom would be so tired of boiling water that it would not even be tepid by the time it was my turn.  Here's my confession, and it's a doozy!  One time, I got in, poured the water over me, and jumped out.  I was freezing!!!  I told my mom I had bathed, and she didn't believe me, but she couldn't get me to say otherwise; so she let it go.  I ended up with a very bad cold and had to sleep sitting up so I could breathe somewhat.  I had undiagnosed asthma.  It was a nightmare!  Anyway, I get what you say about the lack of hot water.  I hope you get it fixed quickly and that it's not expensive.

Howie, I love your Sophie!  I think I remember seeing it, but I didn't put two and two together.  What's your FB name, if you don't mind me asking?

Katie, I'm going to drop in on your brunches one of these years!  I would love to meet you and your friends.  You all sound like a great group.  

pineknott, keep warm!

yarn_monkey, I'm so excited about the yarn!  I'm thinking of making another Sophie with all CSS.  I think she will be gorgeous!  Did you find what to have for dinner tomorrow?  Have fun visiting your sister and Peanut.  I'm still hoping for his teeth to both be saved.  Thank you again for the yarn!

Tribble, nice squares!  You keep warm and safe too 

We had a crafting meeting today, and it was the day to celebrate my birthday.  I got yarn, a cool bag, beaded stitch markers my friend made, her beeswax soap that I love, and a body and foot scrub.  I love it all!  Then we got two visitors that really, really want to learn how to crochet and craft.  I was the closest to them; so I spent most of the meeting teaching them the finer points of holding the yarn and hook and keeping your edges straight.  I am going to give a crocodile stitch class at my LYS, and I have been nervous that I won't be able to clearly teach it, but I think that these two ladies helped me to see that I can do it.  Yay!  It was a great day today 

I'm off to make at least one more square of the KCACO-UK CAL.  Then I'm off to bed.  It's less than two weeks till my first day at my new job!  I must, must, must get myself on a decent sleeping schedule.

Good night, ladies!!

Maria

Well it was either scrounge, go to the grocery store or go out, so DH decided he wanted Mexican and I figured I'd rather suffer through the cold for Mexican than for the grocery store!  :lol Our high today was 18* and around here that's just unheard of! We may have hit a record today but I'll have to watch the news tonight to see what they say. They're calling for 36* tomorrow for the high and more snow/sleet/nastiness tomorrow afternoon so I'm hoping to get to the grocery store and back before any of that happens. 

Peanut is doing much better! Sister says his teeth are tightening back up pretty well and he's eating more frequently so they must not be bothering him too bad anymore. She's still feeding him all sorts of pureed things and not his favorite puffs, but he'll back to those soon enough. She sent me video today of him pushing the elephant I gave him for Christmas all over the kitchen, just back and forth and back and forth. I said clearly he's feeling pretty full of himself!!  :manyheart

Hey Just wanted to let you kknow that at 11:39 pm 2/18/15 Lil Brantley was born 7 lbs  21 1/2 in. He is doing great 1st surgery will be monday

Yay Baby Brantley!! Yay dragnniece! Yay dragnlady5!!!  :yay  :hug I hope mom is doing well too and I hope we get to see that sweet face and please let us know how the surgery goes on Monday!  :)

Well it was another day where I didn't get into too much. I got my jewelry and my mom's moved into the armoire I kept of her's and dug out some old costume jewelry of mine or jewelry from my ex I don't plan on keeping and put it in a baggy to take to the Goodwill next time I go. I got a little more done on my most recent scarf and tonight I'll work on that some more and finish this Moogly square. I've got 1 square done for March birthdays and need to get going on the rest. I still have some time tonight to make some good progress.  :yes

Tomorrow is the grocery store and really just trying to stay warm. Is it Spring yet?? I'm really about to run away to Mexico!  :D

AngelRoseLite!! Happy belated birthday! It's always nice to celebrate a birthday! LOL... I wish you had a huge house to! One of these days I will not be living here in Ohio - I need to move someplace tropical! I mean even if it's 120 degrees out during the day, once can still sit out and enjoy the evening/night... Not so much with the cold! Ick.... It was 16 below zero here today! then warmed up to a toasty 3 below. It's been warmer in Alaska. I told Mr Tribble that we should just move to Alaska cause we'd at least expect this type of weather!

I don't remember ever having to boil water for baths/dishes, but my husband lived with his grandparents most of the time and they didn't have running water. They had to haul it all from the well and boil for warm/hot water... I would have went crazy... When I used to spend the night with my cousins (I too have asthma) I was always in a mess cause they heated with a wood stove which my asthma hated and the bedrooms got COLD during the night which my asthma also hated... The bathroom wasn't heated either and they kept the door closed - it could be miserable at times.

I've always wanted to join a crafting group but my social anxiety and shyness always make me shy away from it. Maybe one of these years I will gather my  nerve and just go to one ;)

a creative mrs - beautiful square!!!

drgnlady5 -congrats on Lil Brantley

yarn_monkey, I would have braved the cold to eat out too :lol  Today I think I'll get fish and shrimp tacos locally since it's Lent.  Yum!  It's always packed, though.  Maybe I'll go to Subway for a tuna sub.  I'm not hungry yet.  I hope it warms up for you soon!  Glad to hear Peanut is so much better :)

AngelRoseLite!! Happy belated birthday! It's always nice to celebrate a birthday! LOL... I wish you had a huge house to! One of these days I will not be living here in Ohio - I need to move someplace tropical! I mean even if it's 120 degrees out during the day, once can still sit out and enjoy the evening/night... Not so much with the cold! Ick.... It was 16 below zero here today! then warmed up to a toasty 3 below. It's been warmer in Alaska. I told Mr Tribble that we should just move to Alaska cause we'd at least expect this type of weather!

I don't remember ever having to boil water for baths/dishes, but my husband lived with his grandparents most of the time and they didn't have running water. They had to haul it all from the well and boil for warm/hot water... I would have went crazy... When I used to spend the night with my cousins (I too have asthma) I was always in a mess cause they heated with a wood stove which my asthma hated and the bedrooms got COLD during the night which my asthma also hated... The bathroom wasn't heated either and they kept the door closed - it could be miserable at times.

I've always wanted to join a crafting group but my social anxiety and shyness always make me shy away from it. Maybe one of these years I will gather my  nerve and just go to one ;)

a creative mrs - beautiful square!!!

drgnlady5 -congrats on Lil Brantley

The bathroom really was just for baths.  There was an outhouse too.  I was so happy when they installed a proper bathroom in each section of the house.  I went during the summer once -- never again!  It was sooooo hot, well over 100.  It is bad on both extremes.  This time, the water heater was turned off due to the heat.  I took a shower with "cold" water, and even then the bathroom steamed.  It was so icky when I was trying to dress and I couldn't get dry enough to get dressed.  Everything would get rolled up and stuck.  I had the bright idea of having my hairdresser aunt do my hair, dye and everything.  Very dumb of me!  It was hot, the chemicals were unbearable, and I just wanted to run back to California.  My grandma took pity on me and gave me my first Corona beer.  It was so I could cool down.  It really helped.  I will never go back during the summer :lol

Good Morning!

So much eye candy, everything looks so pretty!

I've been awake for a couple of hours and have the laundry and sewing machine going. I need to finish the outfits I'm working on for the grandkids by Wed. night so I can take them when I go see the on Thur. so that will be my weekend, which I think is a great way to spend the weekend. :sew :sew  :sew

I hope everyone has a great day.

Archived