Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh - I finished the space pjs! He was thrilled to pieces. :D

attachicon.gif375735_10100660805148076_639240451_n.jpg

He is so darling! Love his pj's too.

Cindy I hope the job works out for you and more hours. I know how you feel . We live on a very tight budget and even tighter right now. Hubby has been out of work for eight days. So don't know what will do ...

Good morning ladies!

Good Morning!  It's another freezing day, so be sure to keep plenty of nice yarn around you to keep you warm and safe all day!  :yarn  :yarn  :yarn  :D

Adorable!!!!

Another early morning for me. Woke up at 4, needed to go to the bathroom, then couldn't get back to sleep. So I just got up and logged on to see what my Squares were up to!

Gonna be a heat wave today of 20! Woot! But high winds so drifting snow and I have to drive to the state office today (only 20 minutes, but all forest preserves on the way). But it's Friday so I CAN do it!

Funny story from my work: our business manager, a guy maybe late 30s, has been with his girlfriend for over 10 years. Nice guy, kind of quiet, but dry sense of humor so I like to chat with him now and then. Doesn't talk much personal. Well, last Monday, he wasn't coming to work so emailed his department with a quick email that said "I won't be in today. I had a baby." What the ??? Yes his gal had a baby that Sunday, he never told anyone in his dept! The only person he told was his boss (the director) and he didn't tell her till Dec 20!

Men!

Well, have a super great day Squares!

kuddles

Too funny that your co-worker would keep that from everyone, lol. Guys can be so goofy sometimes. Be careful on your ride to work and back Ms Kuddles.  I hope you have plenty of yarny insulation to keep you warm in your car, lol.

Linda, hope you are feeling better today!

Cindy, fingers crossed that the hours come thru for you. (((hugs)))

Stay warm and stay safe all my dear square friends.  It is dangerously cold out there and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to any of you.  (((hugs)))  

yep we are at 24 degrees also

feeling better,can move my fingers a whole lot more,can't wait to go back Monday to see if they'll put me in a Velcro brace instead of this almost tourniquet one,can you tell I'm itching to crochet again,oh and hold a book,thank goodness for books on cd or tapes

Hiiii!!!!!!

Sooooo cute!

Cindy, hope the job works out today.

Kuddles, be careful out there in that weather. And you're right it's Friday which makes everything do-able  :lol, that's what is getting me through the day anyway.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

good morning everyone

Hi!!!!

He is so darling! Love his pj's too.

Cindy I hope the job works out for you and more hours. I know how you feel . We live on a very tight budget and even tighter right now. Hubby has been out of work for eight days. So don't know what will do ...

Good morning ladies!

Hiii!!!!

Too funny that your co-worker would keep that from everyone, lol. Guys can be so goofy sometimes. Be careful on your ride to work and back Ms Kuddles.  I hope you have plenty of yarny insulation to keep you warm in your car, lol.

We just had a shower for him. Such a guy! Didn't want to sit down and open the gifts but all the women folk made him! It was cute!

Winds up to 50 mph out there, blowing snow around, making just the walk to your car miserable!

Everyone stay warm and safe!

kuddles

HA! Cindy, I just looked at your Etsy shop. I don't need anything now, but I love all of it! I'm a sucker for things that look like food that are not food. :D

I LOVE making things that look like food! I usually have a lot more up, but I haven't relisted recently (no money for fees). My cupcake cozies are the most popular, though, so I keep them up.

So adorable! Nice job!

Today went even better than expected! I got a call very early this morning offering me different, more important assignment. A local high school was in desperate need for an interpreter for today (yes, last minute!). I got 6 full hours, which is $108. Yay! The kid I worked with was really sweet and it made my day very pleasant. I really like when I sub in the schools. Those are my favorite assignments. I really want to work in the schools full time but I can't on a temporary license.

HUGE prayer request!! So, remember that resume I was all sad over? Well, DH got a call today! They did a phone interview, which apparently went well enough, because he is on to the next phase, the exam. It will be slightly different than the one he took a few years ago, which he failed the first time and passed the second time. Pray that he passes on the first try and that he moves on to the final phase (which he's never made it to), the in-person interview. That will require tons of prayer too since he doesn't interview well. The lady who interviewed him today seemed really positive, so we shall see! I'm just really excited because he hasn't gotten this far with them in 3 years. I really hope this is it! Please, please, please!!!

hello to everyone, and good thoughts and wishes to those of you for jobs, interviews, and assignments, hugs to all that are recooping, and a big warm hug to all of us that are freezing in this freak weather!!

I did mail out three puffys, they went out to

muttcutts, expect a puffy,

Crochetfreak, you too,

and last but not least,

Howieann,eyes to the skies, Incoming puffys!!!!

I will be running the random number generator soon, so I can pm Feb. Queen, the list is getting so short, as to whom hasn't been a queen yet, I will have to count carefully.......

Also a new member, she is only wanting to send for now,  please welcome Greenowlcrochet to the group!! If and when she choses to receive, and sends me her addy, and preferences, I will then  put her on the list as receiving as well.......   

What else, oh, nothing much else I guess, kind of a slow day.... weather was much improved, but no sun, and still windy..

Thank goodness for those of you that work, it is now, by all accounts,,,,,The Beginning of the Weekend!!

I got nothing else squares, lol, running on empty tonight, feeling ok, but wasn't earilier today, but had to go out anyways, lol     So, tomorrow, will be another day of rest for me, unless something comes up again, lol take care all, enjoy your weekend!!!!!!!!

I'm home and fed all the children. Wonderful happy loud house.

Visit at the doctors went well other than pressure is a bit high in his eye. Will watch it the next three weeks and if it still hasn't released will do some drops or something.

Hello! Had a rough day at work today...back in August, my company of around 800 employees laid off 70 people, and today, we were told that the entire company will take 2 unpaid holidays in addition to a number of unpaid furlough days. Each department had a different number if furlough days, ranging from 2 to 10. My department got 7. The realization of 9 unpaid days in a 3 month period hasn't quite hit me yet...it's going to be a definite hit to my paycheck!

UGE prayer request!! So, remember that resume I was all sad over? Well, DH got a call today! They did a phone interview, which apparently went well enough, because he is on to the next phase, the exam. It will be slightly different than the one he took a few years ago, which he failed the first time and passed the second time. Pray that he passes on the first try and that he moves on to the final phase (which he's never made it to), the in-person interview. That will require tons of prayer too since he doesn't interview well. The lady who interviewed him today seemed really positive, so we shall see! I'm just really excited because he hasn't gotten this far with them in 3 years. I really hope this is it! Please, please, please!!!

Praying all goes well!

yep we are at 24 degrees also

feeling better,can move my fingers a whole lot more,can't wait to go back Monday to see if they'll put me in a Velcro brace instead of this almost tourniquet one,can you tell I'm itching to crochet again,oh and hold a book,thank goodness for books on cd or tapes

So glad you are feeling better.

I LOVE making things that look like food! I usually have a lot more up, but I haven't relisted recently (no money for fees). My cupcake cozies are the most popular, though, so I keep them up.

So adorable! Nice job!

Today went even better than expected! I got a call very early this morning offering me different, more important assignment. A local high school was in desperate need for an interpreter for today (yes, last minute!). I got 6 full hours, which is $108. Yay! The kid I worked with was really sweet and it made my day very pleasant. I really like when I sub in the schools. Those are my favorite assignments. I really want to work in the schools full time but I can't on a temporary license.

HUGE prayer request!! So, remember that resume I was all sad over? Well, DH got a call today! They did a phone interview, which apparently went well enough, because he is on to the next phase, the exam. It will be slightly different than the one he took a few years ago, which he failed the first time and passed the second time. Pray that he passes on the first try and that he moves on to the final phase (which he's never made it to), the in-person interview. That will require tons of prayer too since he doesn't interview well. The lady who interviewed him today seemed really positive, so we shall see! I'm just really excited because he hasn't gotten this far with them in 3 years. I really hope this is it! Please, please, please!!!

That is great that things worked out for a better job for you. Praying all goes well for your husband's job.

hello to everyone, and good thoughts and wishes to those of you for jobs, interviews, and assignments, hugs to all that are recooping, and a big warm hug to all of us that are freezing in this freak weather!!

I did mail out three puffys, they went out to

muttcutts, expect a puffy,

Crochetfreak, you too,

and last but not least,

Howieann,eyes to the skies, Incoming puffys!!!!

I will be running the random number generator soon, so I can pm Feb. Queen, the list is getting so short, as to whom hasn't been a queen yet, I will have to count carefully.......

Also a new member, she is only wanting to send for now,  please welcome Greenowlcrochet to the group!! If and when she choses to receive, and sends me her addy, and preferences, I will then  put her on the list as receiving as well.......   

What else, oh, nothing much else I guess, kind of a slow day.... weather was much improved, but no sun, and still windy..

Thank goodness for those of you that work, it is now, by all accounts,,,,,The Beginning of the Weekend!!

I got nothing else squares, lol, running on empty tonight, feeling ok, but wasn't earilier today, but had to go out anyways, lol     So, tomorrow, will be another day of rest for me, unless something comes up again, lol take care all, enjoy your weekend!!!!!!!!

Hi Katie!

Welcome Greenowlcrochet!

I'm home and fed all the children. Wonderful happy loud house.

Visit at the doctors went well other than pressure is a bit high in his eye. Will watch it the next three weeks and if it still hasn't released will do some drops or something.

I'm still praying, glad to hear the appointment went well.

Hello! Had a rough day at work today...back in August, my company of around 800 employees laid off 70 people, and today, we were told that the entire company will take 2 unpaid holidays in addition to a number of unpaid furlough days. Each department had a different number if furlough days, ranging from 2 to 10. My department got 7. The realization of 9 unpaid days in a 3 month period hasn't quite hit me yet...it's going to be a definite hit to my paycheck!

Mandy, I'm sorry to hear about your job.

I was awake at 3:30 this morning and laid in bed for almost an hour and decided I wasn't gong back to sleep. So I got up and started laundry and a sewing project. I'm working on a double layer flannel cape to take on my trip to Orlando next week for a technology conference. Hoping to get in a Disney visit while were there too. That's about it for me. Have a good day.

Jeez, its so hard keeping up with this thread sometimes. :lol

Welcome new members who have joined since I last wrote anything. Its good to see new blood coming into this group. :hug

Positive thoughts coming to you CindysSweetThings. :hug

So one of my NY resolutions was to be back in this group more. And I will be doing it. :D Got some squares coming out to this months Queen and want to slowly start working down the list. Still got my chocolate themed ghan to collect squares for.

Some of you may know that I'm currently studying for a degree as well. It is in Business and Marketing. And, on the Uni website, I have noticed that there may be an oppertunity to visit the World renouned ultimate business University... yep, Harvard. :D But, where is Harvard? Is anyone in this group from there? I'm thinking about putting my name down as being interested.

Cindy, Prayers for you and for the hubby and HIS job. Romans 4;16 speak of things r not as though they were. 

Hey everyone how are u all?

Long time no see Skoggy.

Welcome Greenowl. 

Got a bunch of snow over night. We were supposed to do our food delivery this morning but pastor said to stay home. 

I got my nails done last night. one of the ladies i go to church with come over and did them. when I went to pay for it she said someone already did. Also found a really cute pair of boots at Walmart.  so i spoiled me a littlebit yesterday.

Well i hope everyone stays warm and safe. Be blessed

Welcome new members who have joined since I last wrote anything. Its good to see new blood coming into this group. :hug

So one of my NY resolutions was to be back in this group more. And I will be doing it. :D Got some squares coming out to this months Queen and want to slowly start working down the list. Still got my chocolate themed ghan to collect squares for.

Some of you may know that I'm currently studying for a degree as well. It is in Business and Marketing. And, on the Uni website, I have noticed that there may be an oppertunity to visit the World renouned ultimate business University... yep, Harvard. :D But, where is Harvard? Is anyone in this group from there? I'm thinking about putting my name down as being interested.

its in Cambridge Massachusetts,grannie Annie's state

wouldn't that be so cool

Good morning! Need to get going on our errands, then back home by noon and I plan to nest the rest of the weekend!

Hugs to those that need it, congrats to those that deserve it and just howdy to everyone else! Gotta run!

kuddles

So adorable! Nice job!

lots of prayers for your hubby,hope things go super well for him

and that you get more hrs.so you get your permanent license

Lets see, hi Lacey, good to see your post!!

Holly, too funny, I sometimes only get bills in the mail too darn it!!

Cindy, wishing the best of the best for all your needs to be fullfilled!

Pineknott, yep, in Mass. is where Harvard is, and it's tough getting in there, and um uh no, i sure didn't go there, lol

Cshort, a trip to disney, lucky girl!!

Mandy, wishes for your problems all to be solved soon..

Kuddles, you got dumped on with snow again, I watched your news, terrible this winter, i hate it, lol Keep in, stay warm, and we will survive this winter, hopefully.....

anyone I missed??? Oh, dragnlady, you have pretty nails, how nice, Im glad you are being somewhat cared for by friends, and family!! I bet you feel so special, pretty nails and all!!

And skoggy, nice to see you back again, and glad we will be seeing more of you, I know it takes much more of an effort to mail squares to the states, so you just take your time, maybe do the queen, and start there. I have recently self imposed a postage allowance on myself, and what I can't get out per month without going over budget, I will hold till next month...I thought that is one way for me to kind of reign in the postage a little, so we all pretty much budget a little don't we?? Just asking...Some months, I don't even come up to budget, well, can't really say that as iits only a month into it, lol, but will see as the year progresses.

I averaged last years postage per month, and cut it just a little, and that is my target budget anyway, lol 

Ok, now that is out of the way, hello to all I haven't seen as well, Jilliepop, and muttcuts, and crochetfreak, and and and, hello to you all!!! Ohhhh I know, here's some news.......I have notified the queen to be of Feb.. and she has ACCEPTED the honor, and will accept the crown on the first of the month.Granny ann, get the crown in order darlin, time is creeping up on us......Alway a bitter sweet time, to see a queen pass the crown, happy for the new queen, but feeling a bit meloncholy for the passing queen, but Ann has brought courage, energy, and love to her reign, and we will miss her, all the same, we will whole heartedly welcome our new Queen, when the time comes.................

Ok, that's it for now, got some bed sheets in the wash, gotta add a bit of downy now.Ha ha,,,,,,,Take care all, stay safe, warm, and look to the hook, for comfort, well, all but you Linda, lol rest that wrist!!!!!!! .. 

Mandy, all will work out, hang in there!!

Darling pj''s by the way up there, so cute a model too!!!!!!!!

Today is an inside day. Its so windy outside! And its only going to get worse. Its going to snow and the wind is going to pick up even more, making travel nearly impossible (white out conditions). I have job assignment tonight, so I hope the nastiness waits until I get home. Its a high school dance. I have NO idea what I'm expected to interpret at a dance. Hmm.....

That really sucks. I hope that you will be blessed in some other way to make up for it.

HI, SKOGGY!!!!

Hi, ladies!  

Pineknott, I hope your recovery is quick.  Hang in there until you can crochet :)

Cindy, prayers for you.  I think I missed it somewhere, but what do you interpret?

Everyone else -- and I know I'm missing people ailing emotionally and/or physically -- I hope you all find something to cheer you up.  I think I'm purposely in denial most of the time so I don't lose my mind.

I've finished an afghan that I started over a year ago.  The crocheting was done, but there were soooooo many ends to weave in!  I wove in some at a time whenever I could stomach it.  These past couple of days, I finally made myself pick it up until I finished it.  I finally did.  It's about to go in the dryer.  I'm so happy about it!  I'll post a picture after the recipient gets it, and then I'll give a little more background on the project.  There's also a hooded jumper for babies, and it's adorable.  I'll post a picture of that one when the pattern is up for sale.

My left hand became numb a week and a half ago, and though I can feel most of it now, my pinky and that side of the hand are really numb.  It feels really weird.  At least it does what I want it to do, but it's weird not really feeling what it's doing, whether I'm hitting the keys correctly.  I think I lean on that elbow too much and have some sort of inflammation.  It's just something more to add to the list of ailments.  Lucky me.

What to do now?  I can't pick which WIP to work on next.  I think I'll make some squares while I decide.  Those are always fun to send out :)

Have a nice weekend, gals :)

Will pray today's job goes through! I sure understand feeling like 56 bucks is a lot of money!

Sometimes we just have to splurge! If I didn't now and then, I'd go insane! My splurges now are a few skeins of yarn, but still a splurge to me!

How adorable!

Another early morning for me. Woke up at 4, needed to go to the bathroom, then couldn't get back to sleep. So I just got up and logged on to see what my Squares were up to!

Gonna be a heat wave today of 20! Woot! But high winds so drifting snow and I have to drive to the state office today (only 20 minutes, but all forest preserves on the way). But it's Friday so I CAN do it!

Funny story from my work: our business manager, a guy maybe late 30s, has been with his girlfriend for over 10 years. Nice guy, kind of quiet, but dry sense of humor so I like to chat with him now and then. Doesn't talk much personal. Well, last Monday, he wasn't coming to work so emailed his department with a quick email that said "I won't be in today. I had a baby." What the ??? Yes his gal had a baby that Sunday, he never told anyone in his dept! The only person he told was his boss (the director) and he didn't tell her till Dec 20!

Men!

Well, have a super great day Squares!

kuddles

That is too funny! I can't remember when my husband told his office when we were expecting. It was definitely beforehand though, because they gave him a baby shower, too. The office at that point was pretty much all women, and at least have of them old enough to have grown kids of their own, so there was a lot of excitement. MY office was almost all guys, who were like "Oh, a baby? That's cool, I guess."  :P  Ah well!

Jeez, its so hard keeping up with this thread sometimes. 

Welcome new members who have joined since I last wrote anything. Its good to see new blood coming into this group. 

Positive thoughts coming to you CindysSweetThings. 

So one of my NY resolutions was to be back in this group more. And I will be doing it. Got some squares coming out to this months Queen and want to slowly start working down the list. Still got my chocolate themed ghan to collect squares for.

Some of you may know that I'm currently studying for a degree as well. It is in Business and Marketing. And, on the Uni website, I have noticed that there may be an oppertunity to visit the World renouned ultimate business University... yep, Harvard.  But, where is Harvard? Is anyone in this group from there? I'm thinking about putting my name down as being interested.

I have a chocolate-themed square planned out in my mind and maybe someday I'll get to work on it!

Definitely put your name down! That would be fun! Is it like a conference type thing or a short course or something? Mass isn't very far from PA, in US terms at least. BIL is actually doing a half in Boston this summer. I have no idea how far Boston is from Cambridge, but again, by Pennsylvania standards, it can't be that far at all, since they're both in Massachusetts which is way smaller than we are. :D

Hi, ladies!  

Pineknott, I hope your recovery is quick.  Hang in there until you can crochet 

Cindy, prayers for you.  I think I missed it somewhere, but what do you interpret?

Everyone else -- and I know I'm missing people ailing emotionally and/or physically -- I hope you all find something to cheer you up.  I think I'm purposely in denial most of the time so I don't lose my mind.

I've finished an afghan that I started over a year ago.  The crocheting was done, but there were soooooo many ends to weave in!  I wove in some at a time whenever I could stomach it.  These past couple of days, I finally made myself pick it up until I finished it.  I finally did.  It's about to go in the dryer.  I'm so happy about it!  I'll post a picture after the recipient gets it, and then I'll give a little more background on the project.  There's also a hooded jumper for babies, and it's adorable.  I'll post a picture of that one when the pattern is up for sale.

My left hand became numb a week and a half ago, and though I can feel most of it now, my pinky and that side of the hand are really numb.  It feels really weird.  At least it does what I want it to do, but it's weird not really feeling what it's doing, whether I'm hitting the keys correctly.  I think I lean on that elbow too much and have some sort of inflammation.  It's just something more to add to the list of ailments.  Lucky me.

What to do now?  I can't pick which WIP to work on next.  I think I'll make some squares while I decide.  Those are always fun to send out 

Have a nice weekend, gals 

Yay for finishing old WIPs! I'll do some of those some time... :lol

I hope your hand clears up. :-/ I have a bad habit of sitting on my feet (usually just one at a time!) while I'm... well, sitting, really! Work, home, wherever. And more and more lately I've been noticing that's actually not very good for my legs. Have to break that habit!

That's great news about your husband, Cindy!! That's so exciting! Fingers crossed that the next step goes well! And you have to let us know what - oh, wait. I was going to say you have to let us know what there is to interpret at a dance, but you're not really allowed to, right? I remember reading that there are confidentiality requirements for sign language interpreters, but I don't know much about it.

I'm pretty sure there were some other things I wanted to reply to, but I think I was hitting "like" instead of "multiquote".  :embar I mean, I like them too, but now I don't remember what they said! Thanks to everybody for the compliments on the pjs. I was so happy to get them done, and so happy he liked them.  :manyheart

Got to try to get to bed early tonight. DH is doing a trail race in the snow tomorrow.  :ohdear I wish I'd remembered to stop and pick up extra hand warmers. He insists he'll be fine, and he's been running all along, including this week when it's been so bitter, but I still worry about them all being out in this cold. There'll be plenty of hot food waiting for them at the finish line, at least!

Have a good Sunday, everyone! I'm hoping to have more photos to share soon! :D

Oh my squares, awake at 2, finally got up just after 3. UGH! I sleep about every other nite! My mother and brother are the same so must be a family thing. Well I don't like it! Hrmph!

Peeked out the curtain and the snow has started. Only 3 inches today but then tomorrow's high is minus 6 and Tuesday morning will be minus 15! That is NOT wind chill, that is the real temp! I'm confident the schools will close Tuesday, hope they do for tomorrow too. Just too dangerous!

Got Mary Poppins from the library yesterday morning and Kiddles watched it in the afternoon (belly laughs!) and then yes, I allowed her to watch it again later, this time with me watching too. Such a super movie......Kiddles couldn't get over that the same woman in Sound of Music was in Mary Poppins!

Well off to check out my WW site, look up any recipes, check my usual ravelry, and wait till kiddles gets up. We will run to the mall to walk, then hit Jewel, then back home to completely nest. Possibly not to leave home till Wednesday!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Archived