Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Husband has to have surgery Thursday. So I will be taking him down. Today I guess was just looking at it. He's not home yet so will talk more. He will be out of work for a week on top of it. I thought we were tight now dang it. Budget will be 0. I don't know what will do.

I have a swollen disk. Not real bad and the doctor wants me to not bend much or strain it any more. No picking up heavy things or boxes . Down for 6 weeks and go back. If better then nothing will happen if not he talked about surgery. This is plain crazy. We had a terrible year last year and I want this year to tons better but neither of are starting off on the right note.

Need to find the cotton yarn I have left to crochet to keep my mind off it.

cannot play much on computer or crochet, broke my right wrist in a fall last night

6-8 wks, great just great

Oh my I hope you feel better. Sorry you broke your wrist I sure hope it heals very fast.

Owlvamp, I hope you and hubby both heal quickly.

Pineknott, I hope you heal quickly too.

Katie, hope you had a wonderful lunch.

Hello to everyone else.

Husband is back and Thursday he goes in for the surgery . They will tack the piece that ripped then they will put gas in his eye and he has to lay on his left side for a week. He will not see from that eye very well if at all until the gas is gone. It takes about a month for the gas to be gone.

omg, three ouchies, so sorry to hear owlvamp, happened to me too once long ago, but the swelling subsided, and so did the pain, so surgery not needed, thank goodness..... Sorry for hubby too, hope all works out for you both, we need a good year this year..

Thanks Carol, lunch was great, AND the second best part, other than being with my friend, was that she gave me a gift cert for hobby lobby,  said she would never use it, got it for a gift at Christmas, and knew I would use it up fast lol, leaving the creative part of it all, up to me!! well, that and the company it came with, made for a very nice day, I will go and spend it tomorrow, he he he...

Pineknot, what will you do, how will you survive, you poor thing!!!!!!! May the Universe spread her healing arms around all those that need it today!!!!

Hey all! Quick flyby; haven't had much time to chat lately, or even lurk... :( 2014 has been a roller coaster for me so far. Nothing truly bad yet, thank goodness, but a lot of emotional ups and downs and I just remembered an email I've forgotten to send for five days now uggggggh.... >_<

I did finish a pair of mittens for the little guy though, so he's got something to keep his hands warm! Glad that bitter cold has broken though. Brr! Ok, off to emails ...

ok, there's not even a smiley appropriate for right now, I know. it would be something with the characters eyes spinning round and maybe head-desking a bunch. Sigh. Chins up, everyone! We'll get through somehow. O_o

Good morning all.

Just checking before I go to the doctors for straining my back or pulled a muscle. It's hurting bad. Then need to get daughter to school. She goes in at one because of finals.

Oh no!

cannot play much on computer or crochet, broke my right wrist in a fall last night

What the ??? You poor thing!

Husband has to have surgery Thursday. So I will be taking him down. Today I guess was just looking at it. He's not home yet so will talk more. He will be out of work for a week on top of it. I thought we were tight now dang it. Budget will be 0. I don't know what will do.

I have a swollen disk. Not real bad and the doctor wants me to not bend much or strain it any more. No picking up heavy things or boxes . Down for 6 weeks and go back. If better then nothing will happen if not he talked about surgery. This is plain crazy. We had a terrible year last year and I want this year to tons better but neither of are starting off on the right note.

Need to find the cotton yarn I have left to crochet to keep my mind off it.

Oh honey, hugs!

Husband is back and Thursday he goes in for the surgery . They will tack the piece that ripped then they will put gas in his eye and he has to lay on his left side for a week. He will not see from that eye very well if at all until the gas is gone. It takes about a month for the gas to be gone.

Oh my! I'm so sorry!

omg, three ouchies, so sorry to hear owlvamp, happened to me too once long ago, but the swelling subsided, and so did the pain, so surgery not needed, thank goodness..... Sorry for hubby too, hope all works out for you both, we need a good year this year..

Thanks Carol, lunch was great, AND the second best part, other than being with my friend, was that she gave me a gift cert for hobby lobby,  said she would never use it, got it for a gift at Christmas, and knew I would use it up fast lol, leaving the creative part of it all, up to me!! well, that and the company it came with, made for a very nice day, I will go and spend it tomorrow, he he he...

Pineknot, what will you do, how will you survive, you poor thing!!!!!!! May the Universe spread her healing arms around all those that need it today!!!!

Woot on the gift card! How great is that!?

Today will be catch up day at work. Sold some fabric from my destash shop so will go to post office on lunch to mail out. Woot! Also I joined Listia.......you post free things and get points to try for other's free things....got rid of two items and have bid on one. You should check it out!

Hugs to everyone! I think all of us could use one today!

kuddles

Hey all! Quick flyby; haven't had much time to chat lately, or even lurk... :( 2014 has been a roller coaster for me so far. Nothing truly bad yet, thank goodness, but a lot of emotional ups and downs and I just remembered an email I've forgotten to send for five days now uggggggh.... >_<

I did finish a pair of mittens for the little guy though, so he's got something to keep his hands warm! Glad that bitter cold has broken though. Brr! Ok, off to emails ...

ok, there's not even a smiley appropriate for right now, I know. it would be something with the characters eyes spinning round and maybe head-desking a bunch. Sigh. Chins up, everyone! We'll get through somehow. O_o

Good morning all.

Just checking before I go to the doctors for straining my back or pulled a muscle. It's hurting bad. Then need to get daughter to school. She goes in at one because of finals.

Prayers r with you both.

Hi everyone.

Good morning!

Just got back from taking daughter to school. Will pick her up at 12:30 and then need to get gas and puppy food. Baby will go with me and pick up the puppy food.

Waiting on call today to see what time we need to be at the hospital tomorrow.

Not sure what will get done today but dishes need done and so does the laundry.

Good Morning!  Oh my goodness, I thought I had logged on here yesterday, but I guess I didn't.  I was having "one of those" days and now look at all that is going on!

Pineknott, ouch! you poor thing, 6-8 weeks of no crocheting!  Do you have books on tape or anything like that that you can listen to?  I hope it isn't too painful.  :hug

owlvamp, goodness, you have had your share too!  I have had a swollen disk too so I know how painful that can be.  Please try to take it easy if you can.  I'm keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers.

Kuddles, Woot!  Good for you for selling some of your stuff!  I'll have to check out that site.  It sounds interesting.

Katie, what a nice day you had!  Can't beat spending time with a friend and then getting a gc for yarn on top of it! Woot!!!

Shout out to everyone else!  Hope you all have a good day.  Remember to smile, it just might make someone's day.

Good Morning!  Oh my goodness, I thought I had logged on here yesterday, but I guess I didn't.  I was having "one of those" days and now look at all that is going on!

Pineknott, ouch! you poor thing, 6-8 weeks of no crocheting!  Do you have books on tape or anything like that that you can listen to?  I hope it isn't too painful.  :hug

owlvamp, goodness, you have had your share too!  I have had a swollen disk too so I know how painful that can be.  Please try to take it easy if you can.  I'm keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers.

Kuddles, Woot!  Good for you for selling some of your stuff!  I'll have to check out that site.  It sounds interesting.

Katie, what a nice day you had!  Can't beat spending time with a friend and then getting a gc for yarn on top of it! Woot!!!

Shout out to everyone else!  Hope you all have a good day.  Remember to smile, it just might make someone's day.

I am already a big fan of books on tape/cd,usually that's how I multi tasked listen to a book and crochet,now its just the listening part,lol

sorry to hear this,hope he is better soon

Good night everyone.

3:15 comes very early and I'm in pain so I need to get some sleep. Or at least try.

Will try to check in when I can.

well, nothing new for me to report, thankgoodness, no bad news here, but sending healing thoughts to those of you that have owies, and hi Dragnlady5..you have a good attitude for all you are going through, you are strong!

Hi all, in fact, not time now to comment on much, hoping in the shower in a few, and calling it a watch tv from bed night, lol....

The wind is coming in tomorrow, 50 to 60 mph gusts, so that will make it seem colder than the 30 something it's supposed to be tomorrow, hope the sun comes out, a cloudy day here and there, I can handle, but it has been overcast for some days now and I need sun!!

I did get some yarnie today though, it was fun to go in and just buy, without a whole lot of thought, lol I kept it pretty much to the gift card level, (25) but went a few dollars over, but it's all good, lol I restocked some colors i always run low on, and then found some red hear super saver in the clearance shelf, in pretty colors, so got those too!!

Tomorrow, I have no plans per say, liable to change thought, with a phone call, or an errand I forgot to do today, lol

All for now all, take care you injured, and not feeling well, we are we are with you!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! I haven't been on the computer too much lately. My little cousin had a party for her 4th birthday tonight and we had a lot of fun! She got a LOT of pink and princess items!

Good morning!

Here at the hospital waiting to go back. Thank goodness for Internet . I brought a little yarn with me to make Cody a granny square blanket with a monkey appliqué attached to it... Need to keep my hands busy.

Good morning!

Here at the hospital waiting to go back. Thank goodness for Internet . I brought a little yarn with me to make Cody a granny square blanket with a monkey appliqué attached to it... Need to keep my hands busy.

Keep us posted! Hope all goes well!!!

kuddles

Archived