Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

grannieannie--Lovely squares!

Owlvamp--I'll PM you when the time comes! I'll work on finishing it tomorrow (I'm too tired tonight), so hopefully you can start this weekend.

greenowl--My calico loves to "inspect" squares too! She usually just sits on them though. Testing their cushiness, perhaps?

My brain is fried from all the interpreting today. You have no idea what all that mental processing does to the brain. Its almost always more fatigued than my hands and arms. I'll be more social tomorrow...hopefully.

Look, look, look! I got fun mail! I can't get pictures that really show how pretty the blue is... the lighting is terrible in this apartment! But I got these from Katy... they were waiting when I was finally able to get to the mail box!

post-69476-0-36298600-1391055198_thumb.jpg

We love that eye candy green owl!!!!!!!

Here's a picture of my 3" granny square collection (so far!). Notice the feline quality control inspector, too- that's my princess, Callie! 

Ohhhhh pretty, and Callie is simply regal there atop her "throne" It has been noted that callico cats are mostly female, and very loyal and loving pets. I agree with those findings. We have had a couple in our past, that were truly sweet kitties. But then, every cat I have ever owned, has been loving and sweet, ha ha.

I have sort of reverted back to traditional squares though, so hope no one minds that. I don't know, something about them, plus the fact that I can do them with my eyes closed, lol, I truly love all the patterned ones that show up here, and admire the time, and talent it takes to work them up!!

All beautiful squares....I've been working on my dishcloths to send out, so that swap is done...And have to do some plastic canvas work, then send that one out...I have been searching through all my patterns for more presents to make...I know I will definitly have to go buy more yarn as well as work with what I have...My nephew came over last night and stayed for dinner...He saw my hook and asked what I was making..I told him some dishcloths..He looked at me and said " I know someone who promised me a blanket in 2009"...(Sad but true) I stuck my tongue out at him...I know not very lady like, but I was provoked....lol...Soooo, when we get our taxes back, his yarn is 1st and that afghan is getting made...Even if I don't crochet another thing, that is the one....(A bit dramatic huh?..lol)

Cindy- I couldn't imagine doing your job...It's truly a wonderful service your doing...I agree it would be very mentally challenging...:hug :hug :hug :hug 

A quick hello before I head out to the conference I'm attending. Beautiful squares and scarves. Cindy I thought of you yesterday at the conference, the guy was talking so fast I don't know how the interpreters were keeping up. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning! So much to say ladies......instead of responding, I was hitting the like button all over the place!

I am nervous about the mtg today for Kiddles, not until 2:30 but that gives me time to really get my thoughts together. Snow this afternoon....yes I said snow....but only about an inch....then Saturday several! Yeesh!

Oh and Kiddles came home from school with a cold. A very stuffy stuffy head. Poor baby just sits with a tissue under her nose........she'll go to school but she'll be tired later!

Well, I'll just say hugs and have a good one!

kuddles

Good Morning Squares!  Wow, I can't believe the month is just about gone by.  Tomorrow is my last day as queen and I pass the crown on to the new queen square for February.  Time truly does fly when you're having fun, especially with friends!  Don't worry Katie, I'll have the crown all polished and shiny, nice and pretty for our newest royalty, lol.  I'm not sure what I think about what to do when we run out of names for queen.  This has been fun as each of us has a turn, but maybe someone has an idea for something else to do.  But Katie, you are always our idea person, lol, come on, you know you have some ideas rolling around in that wonderful brain of yours,lol.  Of course keeping the monthly queendom is fine by me too! Ok, I'm babbling,  I only got 2 hrs sleep.  Time to go take a nap before we head out for a couple errands.  Take care all!

good deal kuddles, you will do great in the meeting!

Hi LIsa, good to hear from you, yes, saw your state on the news, things have come to a standstill sort of......

everyone else, hello, and hope all are doing well, Our queens time is running out, Im afraid, and what a marvelous queen she is, not only very gracious in receiving her goodies, but doing her own good deeds as well for others when it comes up!!

And as for our new queen, I almost said her name, eeeeeeekkkkkk are you getting excited for your reign as well!! It's always a bitter sweet time, and there are not many left that have not been queen yet, I think I counted 8 or so, so we are narrowing it down squares, what do we do then, when everyone has been queen??? Do we start over, or drop it, or what, Im not sure what to do, any ideas, ha haha...

All for the moment, a neighbor brought over his new little kitty, (he has two adult cats) he is foster caring for this little lady, Hazel, as she has had some breathing/alergy probs, and he is caring for her, and making sure to give her the medicine she has to have, till she recovers. She is almost like my max, course way smaller,and skinnier, lol but the same cute little striped face, and big eyes.....I think he's going to ask to keep her!! She is a doll.....

Ok, soooooooo that is about it for right now, gonna go and stare at my stash of yarn for a while, see what comes up, lol........

Awww, I love kitties, am especially a sucker for strays.  We ended up with 6 that way, lol.

Wow, bgs did good,and so did you ann!!! I love her patterns, these are soo pretty!! Good for you ann, and good job bgs!!!!!!!!

Aren't they beautiful!  I love the patterns she used.

Here's a picture of my 3" granny square collection (so far!). Notice the feline quality control inspector, too- that's my princess, Callie! 

Awesome squares!  Love the inspector, lol.

grannieannie--Lovely squares!

Owlvamp--I'll PM you when the time comes! I'll work on finishing it tomorrow (I'm too tired tonight), so hopefully you can start this weekend.

greenowl--My calico loves to "inspect" squares too! She usually just sits on them though. Testing their cushiness, perhaps?

My brain is fried from all the interpreting today. You have no idea what all that mental processing does to the brain. Its almost always more fatigued than my hands and arms. I'll be more social tomorrow...hopefully.

I don't know how you do it.  Some days I have trouble just getting thru the english language, (like when I visit my grandson) lol.

Look, look, look! I got fun mail! I can't get pictures that really show how pretty the blue is... the lighting is terrible in this apartment! But I got these from Katy... they were waiting when I was finally able to get to the mail box!

Nice!

I have sort of reverted back to traditional squares though, so hope no one minds that. I don't know, something about them, plus the fact that I can do them with my eyes closed, lol, I truly love all the patterned ones that show up here, and admire the time, and talent it takes to work them up!!

I love the traditional squares too.  There is something comforting in making them and they are always nice to look at.  I like that I can just through a ball of yarn and a hook in my bag and have them at the ready to make a square whenever/wherever I go!

All beautiful squares....I've been working on my dishcloths to send out, so that swap is done...And have to do some plastic canvas work, then send that one out...I have been searching through all my patterns for more presents to make...I know I will definitly have to go buy more yarn as well as work with what I have...My nephew came over last night and stayed for dinner...He saw my hook and asked what I was making..I told him some dishcloths..He looked at me and said " I know someone who promised me a blanket in 2009"...(Sad but true) I stuck my tongue out at him...I know not very lady like, but I was provoked....lol...Soooo, when we get our taxes back, his yarn is 1st and that afghan is getting made...Even if I don't crochet another thing, that is the one....(A bit dramatic huh?..lol)

Cindy- I couldn't imagine doing your job...It's truly a wonderful service your doing...I agree it would be very mentally challenging... :hug :hug :hug :hug

Promises, promises, lol, looks like you'll be busy.  My oldest granddaughter just requested another bag from me, so I'm going to be busy (busier) too.

A quick hello before I head out to the conference I'm attending. Beautiful squares and scarves. Cindy I thought of you yesterday at the conference, the guy was talking so fast I don't know how the interpreters were keeping up. Have a great day everyone.

Hi there!  Have a good day!

Good morning! So much to say ladies......instead of responding, I was hitting the like button all over the place!

I am nervous about the mtg today for Kiddles, not until 2:30 but that gives me time to really get my thoughts together. Snow this afternoon....yes I said snow....but only about an inch....then Saturday several! Yeesh!

Oh and Kiddles came home from school with a cold. A very stuffy stuffy head. Poor baby just sits with a tissue under her nose........she'll go to school but she'll be tired later!

Well, I'll just say hugs and have a good one!

kuddles

Hang in there!  It'll be fine (((hugs)))  Hope Kiddles feels better quickly.  These darn colds are going around a lot this year!

Good morning ladies!

I will take a picture of some hand towels I made for a wedding in September . I know it's early but in this house anything could happen and I want them all ready to go so I do t feel rushed when the time gets closer. Plus plan on making some for christmas for the family. I also made four wash clothes to go with the hand towels.

Still need to finish the monkey on Cody's blanket then will show you all.

even tho Chesapeake was at 0 and then warmed up to 1 degrees,the official temp is recorded in Norfolk at the Airport and the weather there was 6,we beat the old low temp by 4 degrees,set in1994 of 10 degrees.

with hubby off from school,every day seems like Sunday,thats his only day off from the school.

time to have my second coffee,I could get used to this being waited on thing,ah lovely

For the first time in over a week, the kids did not have a delay or a snow day! Hooray! Now, if we can do that a few days in a row. But, the forecast is snow today, lots of snow over the weekend and maybe a lot of snow early next week.

I wanna go somewhere warm!

I don't blame you I want to go somewheres where it stays warm and cool. Not to warm, not to cold I don't think that's to much to ask for. :)

I slept sooooo good last night, ladies! I was out within a couple of minutes. I only got up twice to pee (surprising for a preggo) and both times I immediately fell back to sleep. It was marvelous!

I'm almost done setting up the pdf for my pattern. Are any of you interested in testing it? I'm rating it as intermediate in difficulty. Since I'm going to let testers keep the pattern for free, I'd like to open up offers for testers here first. You ladies get the scoop! Owlvamp already raised her hand for the job, and my stepmom is already testing, so I'd like 2 more.

howieann--Yay! Squares!

katyallen--I like traditional squares just as much as the patterned ones. They each have love stitched into them!

dragonlady--The RHSS Black Light is a really cool color! I bought some on impulse and made a case for my sunglasses.

cshort--Poor interpreters! At least there was more than one. Its industry standard for an event like that, but not everyone follows it. After only 20 minutes in a setting like that, the interpreter's brain starts to shut down and they need to switch. Its a crazy feeling. I'll be doing fine, then all of a sudden, its like I don't know what words are, English or ASL. All processing ceases to function. Just 20 mins of letting my brain relax resets me and I can take another turn. Its like letting the brain take a breather.

Hello, Everyone!!

My day is starting rather late...another snow day, BUT I had to go into work (which is where I'm at now) or get things done, but not until it had warmed up a bit.  The roads are still bad in spots.  Anyway, I'm loving the eye candy!!  Such pretty squares. 

Stay warm and healthy friends...Spring is surely on it's way!!!  Maybe if we find some Spring themed patterns, it will convince thw weather that a thaw is much needed!!  Just a thought.

It's 33 degrees here in New Jersey today. Brrr... I'm ready for the springtime! It's not that I don't appreciate having a cold season each year, it's just that I would like winter to be shorter! I think one or two months of cold would suffice, as I do like to enjoy long baths and hot tea! That being said, I'm looking forward to the days when I can crochet outside again. Do any of you ladies crochet outside? I love to go to the local park and crochet while I watch the people and animals go about their business.

I slept sooooo good last night, ladies! I was out within a couple of minutes. I only got up twice to pee (surprising for a preggo) and both times I immediately fell back to sleep. It was marvelous!

I'm almost done setting up the pdf for my pattern. Are any of you interested in testing it? I'm rating it as intermediate in difficulty. Since I'm going to let testers keep the pattern for free, I'd like to open up offers for testers here first. You ladies get the scoop! Owlvamp already raised her hand for the job, and my stepmom is already testing, so I'd like 2 more.

I'd be interested in testing for you Cindy. :)

Well, yesterday was a big non-event. Nothing happened and was just a bit flat. I took my girls out for lunch into the city, which was nice. But that was about it. Didn't even get a card or anything from Mr Skoggy. I was actually really sad because he didn't even bother getting me anything for Christmas either. So yesterday was a bad birthday. Oh well... plenty more to come.

I'm loving seeing all the squares and glad to be back on this lovely thread. Can't wait to see more eye candy. :hug

Got a spiral ham for dinner, it was so big, I will have to cook it, (warm it really, as it is already cooked) half at a time!!

None of my pots is big enough, but it will make the house smell umm umm good pretty soon too!!

We're glad you're back too Mz. Emma!!!

How did the meeting go Kuddles?????

Granny annie, how decent of you to throw that ball back in my court lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 33 degrees here in New Jersey today. Brrr... I'm ready for the springtime! It's not that I don't appreciate having a cold season each year, it's just that I would like winter to be shorter! I think one or two months of cold would suffice, as I do like to enjoy long baths and hot tea! That being said, I'm looking forward to the days when I can crochet outside again. Do any of you ladies crochet outside? I love to go to the local park and crochet while I watch the people and animals go about their business.

I sometimes go on the deck, with my diet coke, or ice tea, and me and the doggie sun ourselves if it isn't too hot out, she is nothing but fur, from her nose to her tail, lol and overheats in the summer, vet says not a good idea to trim her short though, as the insulating layer she has (she has two coats) not only protects her in the cold, but also insulates her in the heat as well, but unless there is shade, she's ready to do her biz and come in if it's too hot out.....Spoiled yes, Loved, indeed!

Hello, Everyone!!

My day is starting rather late...another snow day, BUT I had to go into work (which is where I'm at now) or get things done, but not until it had warmed up a bit.  The roads are still bad in spots.  Anyway, I'm loving the eye candy!!  Such pretty squares. 

Stay warm and healthy friends...Spring is surely on it's way!!!  Maybe if we find some Spring themed patterns, it will convince thw weather that a thaw is much needed!!  Just a thought.

Good idea, I think Ill make myself learn that darn crocodile stitch soon......grrrrrrrrr.... lol love the look, just don't get  it.....

For the first time in over a week, the kids did not have a delay or a snow day! Hooray! Now, if we can do that a few days in a row. But, the forecast is snow today, lots of snow over the weekend and maybe a lot of snow early next week.

I wanna go somewhere warm!

is Hawaii the most moderate climate in the states, someone told me that once, lol

I forget the rest of you I was going to comment on, darn it.....Yes, the end of the month is approaching quickly, the crown is being prepared for the coronation, and our Queen in waiting is preparing, (hopefully) her acceptance speech, as well as Ann preparing her what do you call that, passing of the crown speech I guess...ha ha..

I am waiting till at least Jan 31, night, to announce the new queen, so everyone tune in and see whom it is!!!!!!

Brunch was great, I had cheese and egg omelet, 2 pancakes, bacon, and what else, should have ordered the fruit bowl, but I th ink i got oh yes, hasbrowns...It was tasty, always is, next month we're going to a Keno place, someone heard the food was great, and the price, very reasonable, I like this eating out thing, saves me a ton when it's my turn, as I always have to "pre make and  test" whatever i decide to serve them, and it's hard figuring out something new every time, so I like this new idea!!

oh, i feel all in, went to walmart after brunch, then the grocery store......Im all pooped out now, lol

I got a nice strudy bubble envelope for our new queen, when the time comes, and tape, and index cards, lotion, and other assorted goodies, lol 

I STILL forgot what i was going there for though,,,,,,,,ohhhhhh woe is me!   I will get that tomorrow, lol

ok, all for now, you all in the bad weather, keep warm, keep safe, keep hookin!!!!

You are so funny!  "Homies."  LOL!  I love the tree idea.  I might try it next year after clearing out my storage.  I have tons of cards in there.

I'm glad today was better for you.   :hug

Here's what I have so far on my blanket.  There was a big spider that took refuge in it last night.  We just can't live in the same place; so I had to get rid of it.  I hate spiders!

What is that pattern on your spider blanket?  Love that

I'd like to test that pattern out for you, Cindy, if you still need someone!

Not a great day today. :sigh I think I'm getting what everybody's been coming in to work sick with; just felt run down and yucky from lunch time on. Time for me to head out and pick up the little guy now; think we're just going to crash on the couch when we get home; he was feeling pretty bad yesterday himself...  :fever

Archived