Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good evening, all! I hope everyone's keeping warm.  :wbrr It got pretty bad here today - sometimes it's hard for me to believe that this used to be normal for PA winters! I remember snows like this much more often when I was a kid. Now we barely have cold-enough-weather gear to deal with this! I don't even have winter boots right now. O_o Haven't had any for years. Haven't needed 'em!

The only bugs that really bother me are those house centipedes, ugh. The first time I saw one of those I was on vacation with a friend, and it was hiding in a pile of clean laundry. I pulled something off the top, saw all those huge legs, and jumped backwards across the room. My friend immediately started flipping out as well. Eventually she got it into the bathroom and flushed it down the toilet. After that, it came out that she hadn't actually seen the thing before freaking. I was like "Dude, why were you freaking out then?" and she basically said that she figured if I was freaking out about it, it had to be a pretty darn freaky bug. Made me laugh. And I totally want to know how to sign "It's ok, it's dead!" now! :lol

Glad you're coming along all right, pineknott! It sounds like things are going as they should be, at least. Your post makes me wish I could share my one coworker with you all - he is excellent:blush I told some friends one day that he really should have a girlfriend I can live vicariously through - or boyfriend; I'm not picky! - he's just too nice a guy for somebody not to be benefiting from that, in addition to being entirely too good-looking. One (single) friend asked how old he was - I had to tell her that he's younger than my youngest brother! Too bad! :D (He is way cute though.)

What else, what else... Oh, I'm running out of time again. (Bumped up my internet cut-off time at night; I really need to start getting to bed earlier. Tank's just running low very quickly these days. Definitely not in my twenties anymore!) Hugs to everybody. Hope this cold breaks for us soon and we all have one less thing to worry about.

And go look at those Sue Pendleton patterns, minna-san! I just squealed inside my head so long my inner voice turned blue from lack of imaginary oxygen. I will never have time to finish all the patterns I love there, but I want them all anyway.

:ghug  :ghug  :ghug to everyone!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh!  I know what I wanted to tell you guys!  I know this isn't square related but I just found out that Sue Pendleton is retiring and offering most of her patterns for free on Ravelry!

Thanks for sharing there's a few I would also love to try .

Good evening fellow squares...Having a hard time with my sisters' deaths lately...I do good then WHAM...Plus it would of been my sister's 50th birthday on friday, and her memorial was saturday...Since my mom,other sister and I didn't go (we were estrainged from my sister,so ofcourse no invite) things my niece told and my cousin told me being said about us...Not very good....Oh well,tomorrow is a new day...Then it seems like we're at a standstill with fostering my great nephew...Was supposed to have a visit last thursday at the house..Caseworker cancelled and is supposed to call and reschedule..No call yet and I don't know if I should call or not...If I do call don't want to seem pushy, and not calling don't want to seem disinterested.......Hope everyone has a GREAT evening and stays WARM.....I LOVE my woodstove....      

Sorry about your sister and your...ahem...unpleasant family.

If the case worker doesn't call by Thursday, I'd call them. A week seems like plenty of time for them to have called you back.

And I'm jealous about the wood stove! Someday.....

Cute story cindy, lol I don't like spiders on the inside either, if they enter the house, their fate is sealed, death is inevitable.. What good do spiders do anyway???

I have the same "contract" with spiders. I'll leave them alone as long as they are outside in their natural habit (only exception is black widows and brown recluse). If they stick one little leg into my house, they are dead!

The only bugs that really bother me are those house centipedes, ugh. The first time I saw one of those I was on vacation with a friend, and it was hiding in a pile of clean laundry. I pulled something off the top, saw all those huge legs, and jumped backwards across the room. My friend immediately started flipping out as well. Eventually she got it into the bathroom and flushed it down the toilet. After that, it came out that she hadn't actually seen the thing before freaking. I was like "Dude, why were you freaking out then?" and she basically said that she figured if I was freaking out about it, it had to be a pretty darn freaky bug. Made me laugh. And I totally want to know how to sign "It's ok, it's dead!" now! :lol

Great centipede story! Those are some creepy bugs. I saw one at my old house. Freaked me out! It was so huge, there was no way I could squish it (gross!). I made DH catch-and-release.

Whoa! Can't go back and read every post word for word so I'll give a general Good Morning! Going back to school/work today. It is zero right now, which is a heat wave! Kiddles needs to get back to school.....she is going batty....okay not her, but ME!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Good Morning everyone.  Hope all is well. Doing pretty good here. Did 2 shimmery heart scarfs for Crochet crowds challenge. Thought they had to be turned in by midnight last night..... nope it was 3 pm yesterday afternoon.  Uhg. Oh well they r pretty anyways

shimmeryhearts.jpg

1529877_10151980984966406_22333740_o.jpg

Good Morning!  I'm up and about.  I don't know how, since I didn't get to bed until 3am, but hey, I'll work with what I've got, lol.  I'm thinking some crochet time, then a nap.  

Kuddles, woohoo, enjoy that heat wave, lol!  Seriously, I bet it will feel good to get out of the house.  Just remember to bundle up good and restock your supplies in case (you know it's coming) the temp drops again! (((hugs)))

dragnlady, those scarves are awesome!  I meant to make some for the challenge too, but totally forgot about it, duh.  Boy, I just keep spacing out about a lot of things lately. 

pineknott, how are you feeling today?  better I hope!

Where is everyone?  It's 9:30am here!  Ususally there are a ton of posts for me to catch up on, lol.  Wakey wakey squares!!!

Good Morning!  I'm up and about.  I don't know how, since I didn't get to bed until 3am, but hey, I'll work with what I've got, lol.  I'm thinking some crochet time, then a nap.  

Kuddles, woohoo, enjoy that heat wave, lol!  Seriously, I bet it will feel good to get out of the house.  Just remember to bundle up good and restock your supplies in case (you know it's coming) the temp drops again! (((hugs)))

dragnlady, those scarves are awesome!  I meant to make some for the challenge too, but totally forgot about it, duh.  Boy, I just keep spacing out about a lot of things lately. 

pineknott, how are you feeling today?  better I hope!

Where is everyone?  It's 9:30am here!  Ususally there are a ton of posts for me to catch up on, lol.  Wakey wakey squares!!!

thanks Grannie Annie

feeling pretty good today,I loosened up the ace bandage on my thumb,that did help a lot.next appt. is Monday, the one I seen seems to think they will start exercising the hand,I know that's not going to be fun,when they move it to X-ray it,its shoots pain up to my elbow,but the trooper that I am,for the sake of the sisterhood of crochet,I'll grit my teeth and get it done.

Good Morning everyone.  Hope all is well. Doing pretty good here. Did 2 shimmery heart scarfs for Crochet crowds challenge. Thought they had to be turned in by midnight last night..... nope it was 3 pm yesterday afternoon.  Uhg. Oh well they r pretty anyways

shimmeryhearts.jpg

Very pretty scarfs. I follow crochet crowd too but haven't done any of the challenges yet. Colors are beautiful.

Pineknott: Happy to hear you're feeling better!!

Dragnlady: Those scarves are beautiful!! I've always wanted to do a Crochet Crowd challenge, but just haven't yet. Not sure what's holding me back...

No school for students today, and they called it an optional work day for teachers, but the roads are so bad...we're staying home. AND the phone just rang...no school tomorrow for students/optional teacher workday for me. Hmmmm...I'll wait and see what the roads are like tomorrow before I make up my mind. It's going to stay cold and I doubt there will be very much melting going on. In the meantime, I'll be taking advantage of the time off, resting (because I am *so* over being sick), and crocheting!! Working on some squares for the Queen, but unfortunately, they will be late. Sorry, GrannyAnnie!

Well, I'm off for crochet and tea. Stay warm, everyone!!

Long day today. I worked 8:10-1:10 and am scheduled for 5-9:30 tonight. Sigh...

I have the pattern for my Celtic Knot and Heart motif all written up. I just need to add pictures and turn it into a pdf and its ready for testers. While its being tested, I need to figure out how to set it up to sell. Anyone have experience with that?

Hi all, good to hear Pineknott, that you are feeling better, hello to granny annie, send you a pm, hi Jillipop, stay in and stay warm, and cindy, sandra, and oh, what lovely lovely scarves dragnlady, i love the  mulit color one, but the reds and pinks is gorgeous too!!!

I saw that challenge, never have participated in one yet, but maybe sometime soon, you never know.

So, I hear better days are coming weather wise for me, all those people down south, are sure unprepared for the weather they have gotten lately, quite a not normal thing for them, snow, ice, etc...

one sec, gotta listen to a phone message... ok will call um back.

Now lets see, what am i doing today, not much in the way of crocheting, shoulda been, coulda been, woulda been, but not in the mood.....lol

Hoping this fog will lift in my craft room, and reveal some yarn, a hook, a pattern, SOMETHING that inspires me to pick up that hook, and ready set go!!!!!!

I will have a couple things going out maybe tomorrow, I will post when they have posted, before noon, no doubt, as we have brunch tomorrow, the postponed one, from last week, lol

Looking forward to good company, and good food tomorrow am, but not getting out in the cold!

ok, all for now, you all take care, kuddles, glad kiddles is back at school, keep bundled up all, !!    

shimmeryhearts.jpg

I really like the bottom one, that is outstanding!!!! nice job!

Hey all.  Frozen here in Louisiana, everything is shut down.  Had to come and pay the mortgage for the church so thought I would stop in a give a frozen shout out to all.  STay warm all those that are in frigid areas (most of the U.S. it seems!!!); about an hour north of us got snow, we got freezing rain which can actually be worse!  I didn't go to work since the interstates are closed and I already know the bridge I go over is closed as it is a bridge that retracts for the boats so it is metal!  Babysat all day, but really need to get back to crocheting!  Found out my family up in Indiana is coming to visit me in April for the Strawberry Festival/Mardi Gras!  Excited!  My nephews have never been down here before.  I can't wait to see their faces when they see their first crawfish!  It's crawfish season come April, so gonna have lots of goooooooooooooooooood food!!!!  So, thinking of this is about the only thing keeping me warm. lol.

Take care all, get better all who are struggling with colds and flus!  Be blessed!

Hi all!

Great scarves!

Tomorrow is kiddles IEP mtg and I was able to show the draft to my new coworker and the director of the coop. Pointed out all the things wrong and now I know what to say to make sure she gets addl services. I was meant to work at this place!

Hope everyone stays warm and safe! Ugh Lisa, frozen!? We are a bit warmer (thanks Ann!) but now big snow possible for next week....sigh............

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

thanks Grannie Annie

feeling pretty good today,I loosened up the ace bandage on my thumb,that did help a lot.next appt. is Monday, the one I seen seems to think they will start exercising the hand,I know that's not going to be fun,when they move it to X-ray it,its shoots pain up to my elbow,but the trooper that I am,for the sake of the sisterhood of crochet,I'll grit my teeth and get it done.

Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling some better. yeah, the therapy is going to hurt like the dickens, but it is all worth it in the end.  I remember going for my frozen shoulder and boy was that painful, lol.  I tried to get out of it a couple times but hubby wouldn't let me, lol.

Pineknott: Happy to hear you're feeling better!!

Dragnlady: Those scarves are beautiful!! I've always wanted to do a Crochet Crowd challenge, but just haven't yet. Not sure what's holding me back...

No school for students today, and they called it an optional work day for teachers, but the roads are so bad...we're staying home. AND the phone just rang...no school tomorrow for students/optional teacher workday for me. Hmmmm...I'll wait and see what the roads are like tomorrow before I make up my mind. It's going to stay cold and I doubt there will be very much melting going on. In the meantime, I'll be taking advantage of the time off, resting (because I am *so* over being sick), and crocheting!! Working on some squares for the Queen, but unfortunately, they will be late. Sorry, GrannyAnnie!

Well, I'm off for crochet and tea. Stay warm, everyone!!

Not worry about the squares being late, I'm not going anywhere!  Stay safe and warm and get better....

Long day today. I worked 8:10-1:10 and am scheduled for 5-9:30 tonight. Sigh...

I have the pattern for my Celtic Knot and Heart motif all written up. I just need to add pictures and turn it into a pdf and its ready for testers. While its being tested, I need to figure out how to set it up to sell. Anyone have experience with that?

I've never sold anything,sorry.  I did post a pattern on Ravelry a long time back. It seems to me it was fairly easy.  It had to be if I could do it, lol.  I believe they have steps to walk you thru it, so maybe they might help to set up with the sales part?

Now lets see, what am i doing today, not much in the way of crocheting, shoulda been, coulda been, woulda been, but not in the mood.....lol

Hoping this fog will lift in my craft room, and reveal some yarn, a hook, a pattern, SOMETHING that inspires me to pick up that hook, and ready set go!!!!!!

I will have a couple things going out maybe tomorrow, I will post when they have posted, before noon, no doubt, as we have brunch tomorrow, the postponed one, from last week, lol

Looking forward to good company, and good food tomorrow am, but not getting out in the cold!

ok, all for now, you all take care, kuddles, glad kiddles is back at school, keep bundled up all, !!    

I really like the bottom one, that is outstanding!!!! nice job!

Hope you get your crafting mojo back.  Enjoy your company tomorrow.  At least you don't have to travel out in the cold, lol.

Hey all.  Frozen here in Louisiana, everything is shut down.  Had to come and pay the mortgage for the church so thought I would stop in a give a frozen shout out to all.  STay warm all those that are in frigid areas (most of the U.S. it seems!!!); about an hour north of us got snow, we got freezing rain which can actually be worse!  I didn't go to work since the interstates are closed and I already know the bridge I go over is closed as it is a bridge that retracts for the boats so it is metal!  Babysat all day, but really need to get back to crocheting!  Found out my family up in Indiana is coming to visit me in April for the Strawberry Festival/Mardi Gras!  Excited!  My nephews have never been down here before.  I can't wait to see their faces when they see their first crawfish!  It's crawfish season come April, so gonna have lots of goooooooooooooooooood food!!!!  So, thinking of this is about the only thing keeping me warm. lol.

Take care all, get better all who are struggling with colds and flus!  Be blessed!

Hi!  My goodness even you are freezing!  This just isn't right!  At least you can keep warm thinking of your family coming to visit in April.  Sounds like a wonderful time!  

Hi all!

Great scarves!

Tomorrow is kiddles IEP mtg and I was able to show the draft to my new coworker and the director of the coop. Pointed out all the things wrong and now I know what to say to make sure she gets addl services. I was meant to work at this place!

Hope everyone stays warm and safe! Ugh Lisa, frozen!? We are a bit warmer (thanks Ann!) but now big snow possible for next week....sigh............

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

That's awesome!  It's nice to know you have someone to go to that understands and can help/guide you.

Hey squares, guess what I got today?  I got mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheer  :mail        :yay

Thank you so much Brenda, bgs!  She sent me 6 gorgeous squares and a beautiful dishtowel.  I love them all!  You made my day fo sure! :hug  The pic doesn't do them justice.  They are bright yellow and a deep purple, so beautiful!

post-16860-0-79043500-1391040674_thumb.jpg

good deal kuddles, you will do great in the meeting!

Hi LIsa, good to hear from you, yes, saw your state on the news, things have come to a standstill sort of......

everyone else, hello, and hope all are doing well, Our queens time is running out, Im afraid, and what a marvelous queen she is, not only very gracious in receiving her goodies, but doing her own good deeds as well for others when it comes up!!

And as for our new queen, I almost said her name, eeeeeeekkkkkk are you getting excited for your reign as well!! It's always a bitter sweet time, and there are not many left that have not been queen yet, I think I counted 8 or so, so we are narrowing it down squares, what do we do then, when everyone has been queen??? Do we start over, or drop it, or what, Im not sure what to do, any ideas, ha haha...

All for the moment, a neighbor brought over his new little kitty, (he has two adult cats) he is foster caring for this little lady, Hazel, as she has had some breathing/alergy probs, and he is caring for her, and making sure to give her the medicine she has to have, till she recovers. She is almost like my max, course way smaller,and skinnier, lol but the same cute little striped face, and big eyes.....I think he's going to ask to keep her!! She is a doll.....

Ok, soooooooo that is about it for right now, gonna go and stare at my stash of yarn for a while, see what comes up, lol........

What beautiful colors! Oh, I can't wait to see what this will look like when it's all assembled. :) I'm working on mine right now, or I will be when I finished checking my Cville threads!

Yeah, that was me last night... I've got three things on hooks now that are metaphorically burning a hole in their surroundings due to how hot they are (where "hot" = "late"!), and I just didn't want to do any of them last night. I spent all night staring at Cville and Ravelry and reading patterns but not working on them! :lol

Archived