Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I almost forgot to tell you ladies, one of my cats had a dental emergency on Sat morning. One of her teeth was hanging out of her mouth!! I rushed her to the vet (10 min before closing, but they were sweet about it) and they pulled the tooth. She must be feeling tons better because she came up to me earlier and was purring and let me love on her. This is a huge deal because she hates my guts during pregnancy! I felt so bad that her tooth was in such bad condition and I didn't know but I feel better now, knowing that she feels so much better. It really made my day! That and I got an all-day job scheduled for this Thurs, which will bump my next paycheck to over $300 (possibly $400). Yay!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the pain mostly is from the badly bruised ligament on the opposite side of the break

they called the surgery is Wednesday at 1;30

Will keep you in prayers.

Found my new theme song....  lol Aronn Tippons Kiss this.

Seriously  though. I have decided I can't be Mad anymore. He isnt worth wasting that much time on. I would rather be happy.  But I do feel sorry for him. He threw something away he will never find again. He was treated like a king. As I feel the working man should be. Heidi tells me I am gonna have her hubbby so spoiled by the time I leave she wont know what to do with him. lol  But anyway I feel sorry for him because everytime God starts to really move and show himself in Troys life he screws it up. He does something totally stupid and this time he has turned his back on God. He isnt going to church, (his girlfriend used to do everything she could to keep the baby from going with us) He deleted all the church members and blocked them from his facebook, ( I believe because he feels guilty and knows what he is doing is wrong so he can;t face them). But God tries to work for him and he always throws it away. So instead of angry I feel pity for him.  I think it is alot healthier.

On another note... I sang in church last night. Proud of myself. I havent sang infront of everyone in a long time because He made me feel i wasnt good enough. When I moved in here I started working on a song to sing and Last sunday I thought about bringing it to church and doing it but I didnt. We had a great service. after we were dismissed some of us stuck around and another sservice started. It was powerful. The Last song Pastor played was the song I have been working on. So Heidi whispers to Pastor that I am planning to sing that song. so here he comes with the mike and restarts the song. So I got the nerve and sang. was only about 8 of us there. Last night I took my cd and sang in front of everyone without any vocals just the music. So there is one hurdle jumped. I am sure many more will follow. I just Praise God for it.

Katy, checking in while computer is working okay.  I'm still here, nothing exciting happening but that's a good thing.

Linda so sorry about your break and that you are going to have to have surgery.  Please make sure to not be doing more than you should so that it heals properly.  I know you take care of a lot at your house, now they need to take care of you.

Kuddles, hope everything goes well in getting the help the Kiddles needs as far a school and that your new boss will make work a much more tolerable place to be.

Dragn wishing you the best on your life decisions. It sounds like you have some good friends and that your faith will get you through it.

Cindy---- :hug  :hug vent away, we are here for each other

I should be making a PO run Thurs or Fri so will get a package off to our queen then.

:hug  :hug  :hug  for all that need them

hi squares!

My, such things happening, so sorry for those of you that are having such bad times, and poor LInda, Sandra, Dragnlady, and everyone needing hugs and good thoughts, tis done!!!

I do admire you all going through such tough times though, as you all show such strength, and courage. Bravo ladies!! We are woman, right!! 

My fav song for you Dragnlady would be I will Survive, lol i like the strength and determination in that song....

,   or, i am Woman!!
  the written verse on the screen after the song, is powerful, and so inspiring!!  

I stayed in today, the weather changed again, from pleasant and warm, to windy, cold and downright miserable!! So much wind this month.. Shingles off everywhere around the area, big explosion too, in some plant that makes grains for animals in Omaha, 2 dead, many hurt and or burned, and sent to the burn center in Lincoln. Thoughts out to them and their families as well.

Tomorrow is going to be my Michaels day, I don't need yarn, but I need yarn, lololol       take care all, hang in, check out those vocals, gloria and helen wow, the voices of the past......  later  squares, do take care all of you!

Well good morning and let me just give one big HUG to all of you!

Snowed several inches last nite so not looking forward to going out there!

Back to work/school and this morning, back on WW to keep on track.

That's it for now, gotta get moving!

HUGS

kuddles

Good morning ! Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked. Need to find some cotton yarn today so I can accomplish something while resting my back. I still have a little left from grann but haven't come across the box yet. Daughter will help me look for it and if not I just might break down and go get a couple skeins just so I can do something. I did however get a few hats made for this years charity. I want to try to stay on that so when December gets here I'll be all ready . That's my goal .

hello all, burrrr, got chilly again, -5 last night and all of like 15 now, can't keep warm enough in that weather!!

Working on my granny ghan for a customer, she wanted sort of manly, fallish, colors and so that is turning out well,

I frogged out the middle 12 inch granny, just didn't appeal to me, and put in four six inchers, to make it all six inch squares, I like this way better, and that was quite a job, lol but it looks great, like it was orginally made that way, not done, not at all, but a work in progress..

I may be doing errands tomorrow, and if I do, I will take the few puffys i have ready, and mail them off..I will post if I get that done.

all for now, back later all, have a good one.

Seriously  though. I have decided I can't be Mad anymore. He isnt worth wasting that much time on. I would rather be happy.  But I do feel sorry for him. He threw something away he will never find again. He was treated like a king. As I feel the working man should be. Heidi tells me I am gonna have her hubbby so spoiled by the time I leave she wont know what to do with him. lol  But anyway I feel sorry for him because everytime God starts to really move and show himself in Troys life he screws it up. He does something totally stupid and this time he has turned his back on God. He isnt going to church, (his girlfriend used to do everything she could to keep the baby from going with us) He deleted all the church members and blocked them from his facebook, ( I believe because he feels guilty and knows what he is doing is wrong so he can;t face them). But God tries to work for him and he always throws it away. So instead of angry I feel pity for him.  I think it is alot healthier.

On another note... I sang in church last night. Proud of myself. I havent sang infront of everyone in a long time because He made me feel i wasnt good enough. When I moved in here I started working on a song to sing and Last sunday I thought about bringing it to church and doing it but I didnt. We had a great service. after we were dismissed some of us stuck around and another sservice started. It was powerful. The Last song Pastor played was the song I have been working on. So Heidi whispers to Pastor that I am planning to sing that song. so here he comes with the mike and restarts the song. So I got the nerve and sang. was only about 8 of us there. Last night I took my cd and sang in front of everyone without any vocals just the music. So there is one hurdle jumped. I am sure many more will follow. I just Praise God for it.

I'm so sorry to hear of your rough times, but I know that your faith in God will absolutely push you through this! Romans 12:12 :hug

Hello Everyone,

You all have been chatting up a storm. 

Pineknott, prayers for surgery to go well and heal quickly.

Dragnlady5, I am so glad you are singing in church again, God is always faithful.

Katie, sounds like you're keeping busy.

I know there is more but my brain is sleeping. I didn't sleep well last night and I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with life today, tomorrow will be a better day.

Have a great evening and stay warm.

Hello Everyone,

You all have been chatting up a storm. 

Pineknott, prayers for surgery to go well and heal quickly.

Dragnlady5, I am so glad you are singing in church again, God is always faithful.

Katie, sounds like you're keeping busy.

I know there is more but my brain is sleeping. I didn't sleep well last night and I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with life today, tomorrow will be a better day.

Have a great evening and stay warm.

thanks,we hardly ever get snow,well its snowing,so hopefully this won't be cancelled tomorrow

Hi everyone again, just hopped on for a couple minutes. Hope all is doing well, and yeah, dragnlady, that song, followed by that verse, wow, packs a punch, glad you liked it, and yes, we have all been there at one time or another.....

Hi carol, better day coming!  Speedy healing to all, and how is hubby doing Sandra??

You with snow, ahhh, lol I don't envy you, we don't have anything on the ground, haven't really since Thanksgiving, so, its cold though, in the minus's.....

Pineknott, we will be thinking about you and your surgery....

Hi mandy, and cindy, don't fret, the work will wait for when you feel better, lol

Hi holly, how is the world treating you??

And lacey, good to see you posting again!

hey ann, how is your queendom going, do you think you will get enough to finish a ghan??

I would love to see more eye candy, he he he............I should talk huh, I haven't put any up for a while, Ill see what I can find around here, lol   

All for now, good morning to those that rise early, and good night for those that stay up late, and all the others in between, everyone have a great day tomorrow!!

We have some snow on the ground now.. Baby was out in it playing with Diesel. He loves putting his head up in the air to try to catch it. He is just funny to watch.

Hubby is doing good. Tired of laying around but I stay on him. I hover him like a helicopter.

Good morning my chatties!

Going to give one big hug to everyone!

Messy roads yesterday morning from snow. Today a bit more, then the temps plummet, overnite tonite will be 5 below. Ugh. Supposed to be very cold for the next WEEK!

Gotta get ready for work...

kuddles

We have snow about maybe 2 inches or so. They canceled school so we will be in for the day. Not that I really had to go anywheres except break down and buy some cotton yarn. Still can't find the box. It's torturing me. Oh well tired of looking right now. So will not go out today either. Which really sucks.

Prayers and lots of hugs going out to you pineknott. I hope all goes well and to you to have a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself.

Hugs to everyone today. We all need one I just know it! :)

The Real Feel high today is going to be -4. Yikes! Its going to be even worse tomorrow. It is flurrying right now and we are supposed to get snow for the next few days. Fun! 

surgery was reset from 1;30 to 10;30, works for me,the sooner I can have my coffee the better,lol

Good luck today...You will be in my thoughts...

Hi Squares!  It's freezing here!  But a lot of you all are going thru it too.  I think it was 1 degree this morning, moved up to 8, lol.  Woohoo!  It's supposed to be this way for a couple more days, then move into the 30's.  Now that will feel good! I had to go to the drs this morning and I just can't get the chill out of me.  At least I'm home,  poor hubby has gone to a wake for the father of his niece's children.  He wouldn't let me go, said it was too dangerous for me to go outside tonight in this cold.  I didn't take much convincing, lol.  Has anyone got any big projects finished or any they are working on?  I have 2 knit blankets that I am working on, 1 crochet blanket 3/4 finished, a crochet scarf about half done, but I only work on it in the car, lol and just finished several squares the other day.  Whew!  There are other things in there, oh yeah, 3 dish cloths I'm knitting,  lol.  I really need to get something finished so I feel better about myself, lol.  Did I show you the Advent Scarf I made in the Ravelry CAL?  That came out nice.  Ok, I'm done rambling, lol.  the dog wants attention!  Have a great day/evening.  See ya later!

the pain mostly is from the badly bruised ligament on the opposite side of the break

they called the surgery is Wednesday at 1;30

Ooowwww, thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, (((hugs)))

I almost forgot to tell you ladies, one of my cats had a dental emergency on Sat morning. One of her teeth was hanging out of her mouth!! I rushed her to the vet (10 min before closing, but they were sweet about it) and they pulled the tooth. She must be feeling tons better because she came up to me earlier and was purring and let me love on her. This is a huge deal because she hates my guts during pregnancy! I felt so bad that her tooth was in such bad condition and I didn't know but I feel better now, knowing that she feels so much better. It really made my day! That and I got an all-day job scheduled for this Thurs, which will bump my next paycheck to over $300 (possibly $400). Yay!

Poor kitty, but so glad that you got her in to the vet on time and got it fixed!  Hurray for the work hours, too!  Woot!

Speaking from personal experience, when I finally let go and stopped blaming "him", my ex, and just let it go that's when things started to turn around for me.  I felt better about myself and could move forward.  Hate does nothing but spread more hate.  You are a wonderful, strong, caring woman.  Surround yourself with good people that will support you and you have your faith that sounds like it is very strong and will help to get you thru too. (((hug)))

Katy, checking in while computer is working okay.  I'm still here, nothing exciting happening but that's a good thing.

Linda so sorry about your break and that you are going to have to have surgery.  Please make sure to not be doing more than you should so that it heals properly.  I know you take care of a lot at your house, now they need to take care of you.

Kuddles, hope everything goes well in getting the help the Kiddles needs as far a school and that your new boss will make work a much more tolerable place to be.

Dragn wishing you the best on your life decisions. It sounds like you have some good friends and that your faith will get you through it.

Cindy---- :hug  :hug vent away, we are here for each other

I should be making a PO run Thurs or Fri so will get a package off to our queen then.

:hug  :hug  :hug  for all that need them

Howdy!  So good to see you passing thru!

hi squares!

My, such things happening, so sorry for those of you that are having such bad times, and poor LInda, Sandra, Dragnlady, and everyone needing hugs and good thoughts, tis done!!!

I do admire you all going through such tough times though, as you all show such strength, and courage. Bravo ladies!! We are woman, right!! 

My fav song for you Dragnlady would be I will Survive, lol i like the strength and determination in that song....

,   or, i am Woman!!
  the written verse on the screen after the song, is powerful, and so inspiring!!  

I stayed in today, the weather changed again, from pleasant and warm, to windy, cold and downright miserable!! So much wind this month.. Shingles off everywhere around the area, big explosion too, in some plant that makes grains for animals in Omaha, 2 dead, many hurt and or burned, and sent to the burn center in Lincoln. Thoughts out to them and their families as well.

Tomorrow is going to be my Michaels day, I don't need yarn, but I need yarn, lololol       take care all, hang in, check out those vocals, gloria and helen wow, the voices of the past......  later  squares, do take care all of you!

Wow, that's awful.  My prayers for those people.  Hope you had a good yarn run! :)

Well good morning and let me just give one big HUG to all of you!

Snowed several inches last nite so not looking forward to going out there!

Back to work/school and this morning, back on WW to keep on track.

That's it for now, gotta get moving!

HUGS

kuddles

Hi Ya Kuddles!  Best of luck on WW.

Anyone have a cleaning fairy they can send my way? I've got a persistent headache today and a messy house. We will have a new babysitter tomorrow evening and I want the house to be semi-decent. Don't...have...the...willpower.....

If you find a cleaning fairy, please send her this way too, lol.

Hi everyone again, just hopped on for a couple minutes. Hope all is doing well, and yeah, dragnlady, that song, followed by that verse, wow, packs a punch, glad you liked it, and yes, we have all been there at one time or another.....

Hi carol, better day coming!  Speedy healing to all, and how is hubby doing Sandra??

You with snow, ahhh, lol I don't envy you, we don't have anything on the ground, haven't really since Thanksgiving, so, its cold though, in the minus's.....

Pineknott, we will be thinking about you and your surgery....

Hi mandy, and cindy, don't fret, the work will wait for when you feel better, lol

Hi holly, how is the world treating you??

And lacey, good to see you posting again!

hey ann, how is your queendom going, do you think you will get enough to finish a ghan??

I would love to see more eye candy, he he he............I should talk huh, I haven't put any up for a while, Ill see what I can find around here, lol   

All for now, good morning to those that rise early, and good night for those that stay up late, and all the others in between, everyone have a great day tomorrow!!

Ummm, I think I could make a small lapghan, lol.  To date I have received 16 (very lovely) squares.  Thank you for each and every one!

We have some snow on the ground now.. Baby was out in it playing with Diesel. He loves putting his head up in the air to try to catch it. He is just funny to watch.

Hubby is doing good. Tired of laying around but I stay on him. I hover him like a helicopter.

I used to love watching the dogs, especially our yellow lab, play in the snow.  He would chase it for hours if you would through it to him.  Glad to hear that hubby is doing good too.  Keep a close eye on that guy, you know how they can be, lol.

Archived