Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popping in to say hello and let you all know that baby and I are still doing well. At least, baby is doing well. I'm pooped! Hubs is changing my headlight and I get to take a quick snooze afterward. I love him!

BTW, I was offered an ongoing interpreting job! It will be 4-8 hours a week on top of my current 2 hours a week job. So, I will be getting $108-$180 a week! Not a lot, but still better than $0 (which will be what I will "get" on the 20th). I start this Wednesday and work until the end of the semester, or the baby is born, whichever comes first. The only down side is that it is 5:30-9:30 pm twice a week (it may or may not go that late every time though). I'm gonna be one tired mama!

And pray that my husband gets this job he just applied for. We moved to this area 4.5 years ago with the hopes of him getting a job at the nuclear power plant (we were in the nuclear power program in the Navy and he worked a such as a civilian in VA too). Well, he has applied a dozen times and never been hired. This job opening matches his qualifications to a T, and then some, so we are hoping that we can finally catch a break. The difference this time is he has an associates degree in Engineering now. I hope this is it! He would get paid $26/hr starting. We sooooo need this! He would start in April (bad timing, with the baby, I know) but we would make it work.

Hi again!

Hi Ann!!!! Nope, I didn't bowl, I'm sure I'd hurt my back or most likely my shoulder. Doesn't take much for my one shoulder to get a pinched nerve, not worth it! But the girls had fun! We stopped to visit a friend for a bit, then to Jewel for groceries. I put on 7 pounds over the holidays and sure don't want all 60 back on so going to get strict with WW again starting Tuesday, trying Simply Filling method this time. So needed a few things.......

Now home and some homework and then RELAX!!! Haven't hooked in days, need to finish a square then a scarf a friend wants me to make......tomorrow Kiddles and I are both off, she has a dental appt mid day, otherwise, hope to be home a lot!

Cindy, I will keep good thoughts for your hubby! I remember when you first moved......boy I've known you a while!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Quiet day today! I still have a few pages around 414 or so to catch up on, but that'll have to be in a bit. Need to get off the screens today! I just left the tab open and came over here to say hi. :D

I'm working on way too many things now - my wedding gift (for a wedding on January 4) isn't anywhere near done, and I also haven't finished the quilt that was supposed to be a Christmas present... And I have to mail out one because we didn't end up traveling where I hoped we would this year. :sigh I'm also making new pjs for the little guy; he had three from last year that I made (accidentally!) so big that they still fit him fine now, but I'm adding some more so that he doesn't end up wearing too small things when the big ones run out... I've finished two sets this year so far, a running flannel print and a Very Hungry Caterpillar dots print, and I have pieces cut for a little animal train (that he thinks is adorable) aaaaaaaand a really gorgeous space print! It's got two different space shuttle images on it, and a spacewalking astronaut and the earth and the moon and then swirly stars and nebulae and stuff. It's one of the photo-type prints so everything's really realistic. I'm not letting him even know what it is until it's done. I can't wait ot see what he thinks. :)

I loved the gorgeous baby shower gifts a while back! (Yes, I just saw them today...!) So good to have made the receiving blankets bigger than the store ones, too. Those are nowhere near big enough to wrap them up in!

It sounds like a lot of new job stuff is coming up for people lately, which is really nice to hear. I've got my fingers crossed for you husband, Cindy! I hope this works out for you both! It might not be the greatest timing, but the extra money will be a great help with a new baby, too.

Ugh, I was volunteering at a race this morning and they put something awful on one of the campfires. Green wood, painted wood, I don't know, but that smoke was nasty. I even showered (I *never* wash off campfire smoke right away; I usually love it too much!) a few hours after getting home because I could still *taste* the smoke and my eyes were still stinging. And I can still smell it now. It's not like usual nice campfire smoke; it's more like nasty cigarette smoke. :( Maybe I contaminated this section of the couch before I got my shower!

I feel like it's been a lazy weekend.... Just haven't gotten as much done as I could have.  :think I did finish the dot pjs, and made progress on the space ones. Started... pinning pattern pieces for a new coat for me (that's been planned since last year; just haven't been brave enough to start it!). Working on the wedding afghan - the centerpiece has about a billion ends to weave in.... And the race this morning. Oh, and I started getting caught up here, too! So it's not like the weekend was a total loss... I guess it's just that we sat and watched TV last night after the little guy was in bed, and I know in that time I could have finished up the space pjs probably! (Hey, this is my sixth time making that pattern... I've got it down. :lol )

I really want to find a good square pattern to do for our Queen this month. I've gotten some of my favorite squares from grannyannie and I want to return the favor! Which reminds me - Cindy, what's the pattern in your avatar pic? The colors make me think of Superman! That's not why I love the pattern, just something that I always think of when I see it! :lol

End of the weekend, everybody! Here's hoping we all have a good week ahead of us!

Oh, I just remembered the other big thing that stuck out in my mind! I love the photo collection you put together for your friendship-ghan, dragnlady! It was neat seeing all the squares up close all together; there are some great patterns in there. And I loved the photo you chose to finish it off. Such a perfect ending!

hello good people! Me staying in today too albeit a nice warmer day out, but just recooping from all the running around last week I guess.lol

i go in and fiddle with the hook, and some yarn, but I too Granny, end up frogging it after just a bit, don't know, just not in the mood I guess, this headache I have, probably accounts for some of my mood...

So anyway, nice to hear from those of you we haven't inu a while, and poor Linda, blue fingers is not a good look on you, or anyone, lol.......

How are you all doing with the hook lately, I seem to be on a hiatus for the moment, but will pick it up again, when I get to feelin better, or, get more yarn, one of the two, LOL

Got the Michaels coupon in the paper today, 7 bucks for one pounder caron, sasahy half price, this ladies, will be hard to pass up tomorrow!!

Cindy, I will keep good thoughts for your hubby! I remember when you first moved......boy I've known you a while!

Actually, I moved to this general area in the summer of 2009, before I found Crochetville. The move I made 1.5 years ago, in the summer of '12, was just to a different (nearby) city. But yes, I've known you all for a while now! I joined the 'Ville back in 2011 (I don't remember the month)

Aww...now I feel like crying. DH just showed me the resume that he sent with his application. He copied and pasted the "requirements" from the job posting and then left very basic, not-very-impressive info on the rest of it. While that might get him past the computer, if that is what they company does (its huge, they probably do), I don't think it will pass human inspection. In no way does he show that he actually exceeds the requirements. I absolutely hate the way companies hire these days. So many great candidates get passed up for such stupid reasons. If they just looked into my DH and all he's worth, they'd know he is a great commodity.

I'm just so tired of this employment rollercoaster. Since we've been here, we've struggled off and on. Things will be great one moment, then not the next (like they were good when I got pregnant and fell to pieces immediately after). I wish he could just get a good job, and keep it (stupid economy and how much it hurts the "over-qualified"). We should have never moved here. He had a great job in VA but he hated it (of course HE doesn't remember all the complaining now that the grass looks greener back there!) and I wanted to move closer to his mom. It all doesn't seem worth it now. We don't even have the money for gas to drive down to visit her.

Sorry for the rant. I'm probably just being pregnant and hormonal. 

We are both doing good. Both in pain but take it one day at a time. I believe he enjoys me waiting on him. Did some of my bedroom today and changed the sheets. Unpacked two boxes that I was tired of looking at. Put his alarm up and his fan also.

Aww...now I feel like crying. DH just showed me the resume that he sent with his application. He copied and pasted the "requirements" from the job posting and then left very basic, not-very-impressive info on the rest of it. While that might get him past the computer, if that is what they company does (its huge, they probably do), I don't think it will pass human inspection. In no way does he show that he actually exceeds the requirements. I absolutely hate the way companies hire these days. So many great candidates get passed up for such stupid reasons. If they just looked into my DH and all he's worth, they'd know he is a great commodity.

I'm just so tired of this employment rollercoaster. Since we've been here, we've struggled off and on. Things will be great one moment, then not the next (like they were good when I got pregnant and fell to pieces immediately after). I wish he could just get a good job, and keep it (stupid economy and how much it hurts the "over-qualified"). We should have never moved here. He had a great job in VA but he hated it (of course HE doesn't remember all the complaining now that the grass looks greener back there!) and I wanted to move closer to his mom. It all doesn't seem worth it now. We don't even have the money for gas to drive down to visit her.

Oh hun! I do feel your pain.....I was let go after 10 years and my current job (which I was happy to get) pays almost half what I used to make. Half!

Hang in and vent whenever you want!

kuddles

and good morning to all.......awake at 2, up at 3:30.....I swear I only sleep every other nite!

I have so many squares, I really must put them together for a ghan! What's the hold up!? Just me not wanting to start such a big project......but need to....

Today kiddles and I are off and she has the dental appt. Other than that, walk at the mall and hang out.

Oh and funny.......I rented Monsters University from the library on Friday. We watched it Friday nite. and Saturday nite. AND last nite! LOL  But I surprised myself by how much I liked it!

Guess I'll go surf......etsy, pinterest, wherever!

kuddles

Good Morning!

I have the day off but of course my body missed the memo so I was awake at my usual 4:30 am, tried to go back to sleep but it didn't work. So I was up at 5:30 and in my sewing room by 6:30. I might even play with some yarn later.

Kuddles, Ilike Monsters University too, it's a cute movie.

Have a great day!

Monster University was a good movie. We watched Despicable Me 2 movie yesterday. While doing that I crocheted on the granny square blanket I'm making for Cody.

Good morning all!

For the ones who have it off hope you enjoy it and same for the those working.

Thanks for "listening" ladies! I <3 you! I feel a lot better this morning (despite only 4 hrs of sleep).

have so many squares, I really must put them together for a ghan! What's the hold up!? Just me not wanting to start such a big project......but need to....

It is a very daunting task but actually works up quickly. The hardest part is getting started! (oh, and weaving in ends)

Hi ladies!  I'm back from my usual Monday morning appt.  Boy I sure wish I didn't have that 1 hour trek every week, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, lol.  I got spoiled when the old insurance paid to have visiting nurses come in.  It was so much easier on my body, now I sleep to catch up, yadda, yadda, yadda. Ok, that's my rant.  Time to get my act together and do some crocheting.  Hopefully I'll get something accomplished today and not have to frog it, lol.  It's a ok day for hubby, but about to get rough I think since he has to make some phone calls and I know how they affect him.  Praying I can help if he needs me...

Just popping in to say hello and let you all know that baby and I are still doing well. At least, baby is doing well. I'm pooped! Hubs is changing my headlight and I get to take a quick snooze afterward. I love him!

BTW, I was offered an ongoing interpreting job! It will be 4-8 hours a week on top of my current 2 hours a week job. So, I will be getting $108-$180 a week! Not a lot, but still better than $0 (which will be what I will "get" on the 20th). I start this Wednesday and work until the end of the semester, or the baby is born, whichever comes first. The only down side is that it is 5:30-9:30 pm twice a week (it may or may not go that late every time though). I'm gonna be one tired mama!

And pray that my husband gets this job he just applied for. We moved to this area 4.5 years ago with the hopes of him getting a job at the nuclear power plant (we were in the nuclear power program in the Navy and he worked a such as a civilian in VA too). Well, he has applied a dozen times and never been hired. This job opening matches his qualifications to a T, and then some, so we are hoping that we can finally catch a break. The difference this time is he has an associates degree in Engineering now. I hope this is it! He would get paid $26/hr starting. We sooooo need this! He would start in April (bad timing, with the baby, I know) but we would make it work.

Congrats on the added hours!  That's fantastic.  I'll pray for hubby to get the job also.  Making a move is always such a big decision.  You can't beat yourself up about the past, just think positive and look for a bright future.

Hi again!

Hi Ann!!!! Nope, I didn't bowl, I'm sure I'd hurt my back or most likely my shoulder. Doesn't take much for my one shoulder to get a pinched nerve, not worth it! But the girls had fun! We stopped to visit a friend for a bit, then to Jewel for groceries. I put on 7 pounds over the holidays and sure don't want all 60 back on so going to get strict with WW again starting Tuesday, trying Simply Filling method this time. So needed a few things.......

Now home and some homework and then RELAX!!! Haven't hooked in days, need to finish a square then a scarf a friend wants me to make......tomorrow Kiddles and I are both off, she has a dental appt mid day, otherwise, hope to be home a lot!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

I'd probably hurt myself if I went bowling now too, lol.  Glad you had a good time though.  Good luck with the WW plan.  You're smart to keep on top of it and not let it get out of hand.  It's so easy to do.  just ask me how I know, lol.

Quiet day today! I still have a few pages around 414 or so to catch up on, but that'll have to be in a bit. Need to get off the screens today! I just left the tab open and came over here to say hi.

I'm working on way too many things now - my wedding gift (for a wedding on January 4) isn't anywhere near done, and I also haven't finished the quilt that was supposed to be a Christmas present... And I have to mail out one because we didn't end up traveling where I hoped we would this year. I'm also making new pjs for the little guy; he had three from last year that I made (accidentally!) so big that they still fit him fine now, but I'm adding some more so that he doesn't end up wearing too small things when the big ones run out... I've finished two sets this year so far, a running flannel print and a Very Hungry Caterpillar dots print, and I have pieces cut for a little animal train (that he thinks is adorable) aaaaaaaand a really gorgeous space print! It's got two different space shuttle images on it, and a spacewalking astronaut and the earth and the moon and then swirly stars and nebulae and stuff. It's one of the photo-type prints so everything's really realistic. I'm not letting him even know what it is until it's done. I can't wait ot see what he thinks.

I loved the gorgeous baby shower gifts a while back! (Yes, I just saw them today...!) So good to have made the receiving blankets bigger than the store ones, too. Those are nowhere near big enough to wrap them up in!

It sounds like a lot of new job stuff is coming up for people lately, which is really nice to hear. I've got my fingers crossed for you husband, Cindy! I hope this works out for you both! It might not be the greatest timing, but the extra money will be a great help with a new baby, too.

Ugh, I was volunteering at a race this morning and they put something awful on one of the campfires. Green wood, painted wood, I don't know, but that smoke was nasty. I even showered (I *never* wash off campfire smoke right away; I usually love it too much!) a few hours after getting home because I could still *taste* the smoke and my eyes were still stinging. And I can still smell it now. It's not like usual nice campfire smoke; it's more like nasty cigarette smoke. Maybe I contaminated this section of the couch before I got my shower!

I feel like it's been a lazy weekend.... Just haven't gotten as much done as I could have.  I did finish the dot pjs, and made progress on the space ones. Started... pinning pattern pieces for a new coat for me (that's been planned since last year; just haven't been brave enough to start it!). Working on the wedding afghan - the centerpiece has about a billion ends to weave in.... And the race this morning. Oh, and I started getting caught up here, too! So it's not like the weekend was a total loss... I guess it's just that we sat and watched TV last night after the little guy was in bed, and I know in that time I could have finished up the space pjs probably! (Hey, this is my sixth time making that pattern... I've got it down. )

I really want to find a good square pattern to do for our Queen this month. I've gotten some of my favorite squares from grannyannie and I want to return the favor! Which reminds me - Cindy, what's the pattern in your avatar pic? The colors make me think of Superman! That's not why I love the pattern, just something that I always think of when I see it! :lol

End of the weekend, everybody! Here's hoping we all have a good week ahead of us!

Hey busy lady!  Hope you got rid of that nasty smoke smell.  Sure would love to see pics of your pj's and wedding ghan when your done.  And did you say you started a coat too?  Wow!  You sure are busy, and brave!  You go girl!

hello good people! Me staying in today too albeit a nice warmer day out, but just recooping from all the running around last week I guess.lol

i go in and fiddle with the hook, and some yarn, but I too Granny, end up frogging it after just a bit, don't know, just not in the mood I guess, this headache I have, probably accounts for some of my mood...

So anyway, nice to hear from those of you we haven't inu a while, and poor Linda, blue fingers is not a good look on you, or anyone, lol.......

How are you all doing with the hook lately, I seem to be on a hiatus for the moment, but will pick it up again, when I get to feelin better, or, get more yarn, one of the two, LOL

Got the Michaels coupon in the paper today, 7 bucks for one pounder caron, sasahy half price, this ladies, will be hard to pass up tomorrow!!

I don't want to hear about sales or coupons.  I'm on a fiber diet for at least a few months until we get this financial thing under control/hubby goes back to work/whatever! LOL!  Why or why is everyone having sales this month?! All the pretty skeins are calling out to me. :cry   :lol

Rant any time, we don't mind.  We've all been there one time or another too.... :hug

We are both doing good. Both in pain but take it one day at a time. I believe he enjoys me waiting on him. Did some of my bedroom today and changed the sheets. Unpacked two boxes that I was tired of looking at. Put his alarm up and his fan also.

Don't they all like to be pampered, lol.   I'm glad that you are both doing good...

and good morning to all.......awake at 2, up at 3:30.....I swear I only sleep every other nite!

I have so many squares, I really must put them together for a ghan! What's the hold up!? Just me not wanting to start such a big project......but need to....

Today kiddles and I are off and she has the dental appt. Other than that, walk at the mall and hang out.

Oh and funny.......I rented Monsters University from the library on Friday. We watched it Friday nite. and Saturday nite. AND last nite! LOL  But I surprised myself by how much I liked it!

Guess I'll go surf......etsy, pinterest, wherever!

kuddles

Have fun!  That sounds like a cute movie!  I still have some free time on Netflix, maybe I'll rent it.  I love the kids movies the best, lol.

well,here I am,news is not good,the break shifted,so in the next day or two will have surgery to put a plate in

the only good part I can say for now,is I won't have to be in a cast

Oh no!  :hug

Good Morning!

I have the day off but of course my body missed the memo so I was awake at my usual 4:30 am, tried to go back to sleep but it didn't work. So I was up at 5:30 and in my sewing room by 6:30. I might even play with some yarn later.

Kuddles, Ilike Monsters University too, it's a cute movie.

Have a great day!

Hope your day is going well!

Monster University was a good movie. We watched Despicable Me 2 movie yesterday. While doing that I crocheted on the granny square blanket I'm making for Cody.

Good morning all!

For the ones who have it off hope you enjoy it and same for the those working.

Not seen the Despicable movies.....

Thanks for "listening" ladies! I <3 you! I feel a lot better this morning (despite only 4 hrs of sleep).

It is a very daunting task but actually works up quickly. The hardest part is getting started! (oh, and weaving in ends)

Yeah, just need to get my arse in gear.........

well,here I am,news is not good,the break shifted,so in the next day or two will have surgery to put a plate in

the only good part I can say for now,is I won't have to be in a cast

Oh my! You poor thing! Prayers and hugs to you!!!!

and Ann, so good you are keeping up with us! I miss you when you don't! And worry of course.....just cause I do!

Everyone, hugs!

kuddles

Archived