Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy, I checked out the link you posted for your rainbow afghan and it is lovely! 

For some reason, I can pick the font size and color again.  I hope that this continues.

It is raining here. I can hear it outside the window.

Yo Yo Yo!

Rained all day yesterday and much of the night......done now but might be slick out there! Once we are up and about (Kiddles got me up at 5:30 with a bloody nose, she gets lots) we have many errands to run today! So will be out there most of the day.....then tonite, staying put and having homemade pizza, like every other Saturday nite. Don't I lead an exciting life!? Aren't you all so jealous? LOL

Here's hoping everyone of us can pick up the hook today!

kuddles

Good morning, everyone!  I've been crocheting since yesterday late afternoon, and I have just called it a night... it's 5:11 a.m.  Oops!  But I finished another black Crocodile Stitch Cardigan, and I'm edging a Go Team Colors Baby Blanket.  I think I'll rest for a bit before running some errands.  One of them is to pick up Seasons 1-3 of Downton Abbey that's waiting for me at WalMart.  I can hardly wait!  I finally got around to watching the season premiere.  Loved it!

TTFN, ladies :)

Good morning, everyone!  I've been crocheting since yesterday late afternoon, and I have just called it a night... it's 5:11 a.m.  Oops!  But I finished another black Crocodile Stitch Cardigan, and I'm edging a Go Team Colors Baby Blanket.  I think I'll rest for a bit before running some errands.  One of them is to pick up Seasons 1-3 of Downton Abbey that's waiting for me at WalMart.  I can hardly wait!  I finally got around to watching the season premiere.  Loved it!

TTFN, ladies :)

Uh, are you NUTS lady? Up all nite crocheting!!!!!?????? LOL

Yes you will love DA! I am hooked.........

kuddles

Hi all!

Hope you are all doing ok.

I'm getting a couple of squares made for our current Queen of Square Hill. :)

I must be one of the only Brits who has never ever watched a single episode of Downton Abbey. I couldn't even tell you any of the characters names or anything. I can only guess that it takes place near an Abbey in a place called Downton but I'm probably wrong on that! :lol

Welcome new people! I've got a lot of catching up to do so will have to check on colour preferences etc. and see how many squares I can get out.

Hello everyone.

So mayny pretty squares being posted!

I was up about 5:30 and started sewing. I went to Joanns yesterday for yarn, bobbins and a spool of thread. Well..... I came with all of that plus fabric to make simple covers for the chairs in the sewing room and an adorable panda bear fabric to make a dress for my son-in-laws new niece, so that is what I am working on today.

Hope everyone is having a super Saturday.

Good afternoon all!  God is truly Good!  I just gotta tell ya'll what He just did for me!  I ain't gonna preach though lol!  I have had some difficulties with my car now for about 10 months, making loud noises, shaking and all.  Someone told me my rack and pinion was ready to go out (it does need replaced, but it was like an urgency!).  Well, my tire blew the other day, my Pastor came a half hour away, put the donut on, took the old tire and got another one and replaced it for me, and my car no longer shakes and makes noises!  I tell you, God is a keeper!  He kept me from all hurt, harm and danger, and if He did it for me, He can do it for you!!!  Sorry, now for the squares!

Katy, I got your squares today and I thank you soo much!  I cried when I read your card!  You never know who you affect, and I teach all the time that our attitude and character means everything!  I know I can't get on as much as before, but I miss all you all, talking and sharing.  It made me feel like I had friends everyone who had the same common goal I did.  Crochet our troubles away and make a difference with what we make!!! 

Anyways, just wanted to stop in to say hi before I head home.  At the church setting up for video recording the sermons on tomorrow.  Pastor just called and said I got the sound right, so heading home.  Everyone be blessed and happy hooking to all!!!!

Lisa

Hi again! We are back from our multiple errands.....

I'm working on laundry while Kiddles is enjoying the iPod Nano I have had for years (a gift) but never use. I took all my music off and put only hers on (think Disney preschool) and it is so cute hearing her sing along while I can't hear it (headphones). She feels very grown up right now!

I don't know what's up next.....I'd like to do my walk video and then, hmm...maybe just sit down and crochet! Yes, that sounds grand!

Lisa - Hugs to you and so glad your car is now working properly!

Pineknott - you aren't a slug! Your engine is cold......warm it up!

cshort - just remember we love to see pictures!

Skoggy - bet you'd not enjoy DA....since you live over there! Probably we like it since it is over yonder!

Well, guess I'll do something.........

Hugs!

kuddles

Hello dear squares!!! I won't multi qoute this time, just say to everyone, hello, and ha 'r ya.......lol

Im so glad for you snowflake, and you are most welcome for the squares, its so good to see you post when you can, we miss you when you stay away for so long!!

Angel, never heard of that show, sooo, can't comment, only on the staying up all night crocheting thing, Ive done it, lol but not lately!!

Kuddles, well my my my, what a little adult you have now!! You always do so much with and for darling daughter, enjoy them while they are young, I always say, good things to come too though, as there is good to every age!

Cshort is on a roll!!! show pics when done, Linda, a third of the way, well for you, that is a bit constrained, you usually fly through so many things, maybe you are needing a short vacation, dare I say it, from crochet??? No, no, never mind, that was just a silly thought!!

Hello to everyone else, thanks for the comment on the ghan rusty'smom, and hope you are finishing up that rusty rug TODAY, lol. Is it faster for you to knit, or crochet?? Faster to crochet for me, i guess, so that is what i do mostly, but I can knit, just don't too often!! 

Ok all, Im chilled again, comes and goes, hope it's not the precluder to yet another cold, I call this past winter, the winter of the cold, as it seems I have had one ALL WINTER of one sort or another!! Hi Emma, Good to see your post too, and we have missed you as well, but you are m aking it up to all of us, with such darling pics of the girls!!!!!

Ok, well, Im going to go and grab something to throw on over my cloths, as I am a bit chilly, and will see you all tomorrow...................nighty nighty, for now!

Hi Katy,

I did finish Rusty's blanket last night. I'm not able to post a picture right now even though I have a camera because my usb cable disappeared a few years ago and I need to get new batteries for my charger.  I will try and do that this next month.  Rusty loves his new blanket. I saw him this morning carrying it around.  Re your question:  it is faster to me to knit. Mama is just the opposite--it is faster for her to crochet.  I notice that I knit more than I crochet right now. It used to be I crocheted more than I knit and I crocheted faster than I knitted. 

I will begin the knitting on my afghan again today.  I will go from here to the bedroom and choose a color or twoand then go back in the living room and knit while watching television. 

Good morning all!

Well, temps are supposed to get up to a balmy 40+ degrees! Above average after those nasty 20 belows! I'll take it!

Kiddles and I are having breakfast, then we will get dressed and go to the mall for our walk. Then I need to run into Walmart for soda (they are the cheapest) then back  home. Almost have a square done, have one more I want to do then I'm going to force myself to stop making squares, get out all the ones I have, including ones from this group, and actually plan one afghan and start putting it together. I'm going to use the slip stitch method to attach, I don't have the patience to do anything else! Hope to have it done and a picture on here in the near future!

Hope you are all planning a good day! Whether you are relaxing, running around, crocheting........simply make it a great day!

kuddles

Hi, Everyone!

The flu decided that it wanted to hit me the longest in my family...my daughter and husband were pretty much on the mend by Friday; my body, however, decided that it was going to give in. UGH! I spent all day yesterday in bed sleeping. I think I was up for a total of 5 hours, maybe. On one trip to the kitchen to get some juice, I stopped at my daughter's room and took over her bed...I was just too tired to make it. She was in the living room, so when she came in to get something, it was a shock for her to find me in her bed. LOL. I need to get crocheting today...I must finish that Hufflepuff scarf this week for my student. This Friday is my last day. *Sniff*

Katy, the squares came, and they are beautiful!! Thank you so much for the first squares in my Friendship 'Ghan!!! I'll post pictures when I'm a little better.

For everyone else, it sounds like life is treating you good. (((HUGS))) all!!

Good Morning All you lovely Squares!

We are getting a bit of the warmer weather today also, woohoo!  The day started out very rainy, but the sun is shining now and it looks beautiful.  It's good to hear from some of you that haven't been on for a while.  And a big welcome to our newbies!  Now I'm going to say I'll see ya later, since I'm falling asleep as I write this, lol.  Boy do I ever need to get my sleep schedule back on track.  I don't think that's ever going to happen, lol.  Have a great day squares and keep on :crocheting and  :knit.

Hello Squares!!!

Good to see you all posting, and Jilliepop, glad the squares reached you, lol and that you liked them!!! I had fun making them for you!!

Kuddles, just curious, what kind of soda (or Pop as we Nebraskans call it, lol) do you all drink, and if you say diet coke, that is something we have in common, lol

Good to see grannyann  on the comeback, how is hubby doing these days, hopefully improving each day, or is that how that workds, I really don't know much about it....

PBLKNP, too funny, we love compliments though, for whatever, so glad you took the time to post!! Do you granny square,??? lol

Jilliepop, so sorry you are sick as well, and hope the good health fairy's visit you very soon, and zap that old Sickie Gremlin's you know what!!!

Kuddles, is the slip stitch join,the same as the whip stitch, or is it different, I use mostly the whip stitch to join, sometimes, for a lacier look, I use this kind of I don't know, meshy join, i made up, lol Im working on putting some six inch squares together as well, just to get them a home, and have a few more to add on, if and when I make them, till then, it will wait, lol

Rusty's mom, I hear you, guess its all in what you get used to, I would knit very slow if I started up again, as I am not used to it at all, and to be honest, prefer the crochet, lol    I only know the knit and the perl stitch in knitting, and not at all knowledgable about shaping knitting, inc, or dcrease and so on and so forth, so would be lost!!

Well, cloudy here, but very mild, got a turkey breast in the oven as we speak, felt like turkey, lol, and laundry drying, so not much else on the agenda, probably will print order my last few pics today, and pic up tomorrow, but I showed handydanman, what I had so far done, with the albums and such, and he thought I did a really good job organizing them, so that made me pleased too!

In the remembrance of my dear mother, (RIP MOM) i remember her having all tof her pics in boxes, stuffed away in cupboards on either side of the mantel, no rhyme nor reason, or sortage at all, and what a mess it was to go through when she died, and divide up everything as best we could, and one of the reasons too, is that I am a anti-clutter, self proclaimed organizational addict, soooo, just so you know, lol

WEll all, till later, take care, stay warm, get well, and most of all,       take time to LQQK to the HQQK!!  

Hidy Ho Squares!  Just had a minute and thought I'd checked in.  Hope your all having a good Sunday.  Hubby and I have been taking it easy all day.  He is having a fairly good day emotionally, but has a nasty cold, can't win, lol. Katie, with PTSD you never know from one minute to the next what might trigger you.  He has a long road ahead of him. I hope you're enjoying your turkey dinner.  It sure sounds good!  I love your idea of getting your pics all organized.  Mine are a mess and I've been thinking that I need to do something with them.  It's just so much work, ugh! I'd rather be crocheting, LOL!

Have a wonderful night ladies and I'll see you tomorrow after I get back from having my port changed. Until then, carry on... :hook

Hope everyone feels better soon, and :hug to all.

Katie, it does have one row in that particular color scheme, but I do not believe it to be bikini since that would have some blue in it, and my new addition does not have any blue. Either way , I love it :)

Take care all..... See you soon

Well, you may be right, you have the sqaure right there, Im trying to figure it out from memory, ha ha, so I trust your word on it, lol. I didn't look in the ball bin yet, but it won't have a band on it anyways if it is in the ball bin,,,,,,so, Ill believe in your judgement lol..

Hi ann, thanks for explaining that, didn't ever really know anyone with it, so its all new to me,hope he continues to feel better, cold wise too!

Good Morning,

I hope you all had a good weekend. I finished the baby dress I was working on, I will post a picture tonight. And spent yesterday afternoon with the grandkids after church. Back to work today. I'm thinking about getting my hair cut this afternoon, it'll depend on how tired I am, didn't sleep well last night and I'm dragging a bit this morning. Oh I also started a new crochet project this weekend, I'm making the Lighthearted Tunic from Red Heart. Guess thats about it. Have a good day everyone. 

Archived