Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!

Happy Birthday MandyMae!

I spent today in a training session for a curriculum that I am part of a pilot group for. I think it will be good but is going to need quite a bit of adapting for my students. Glad tomorrow is Friday and it's a long weekend, I hope to spend most of it stitching

Pineknott, I'm still praying for quick healing.

Owlvamp, praying for and hubby.

Happy BD Mandy!

Pineknott - na nice!

Owlvamp - hugs!

Everyone else gets a hug too!

I'm a bit down today.........too many conversations today regarding my daughter's upcoming IEP mtg where I'm sure I'll be fighting for accommodations and more help for her. You shouldn't have to fight for it, and our school is one of the best but it seems that way. So after talking to the third person about my daughter and her 'issues'....I'm feeling like a big weight is sitting on my shoulders......it will get better but for today.......

Hope everyone has a great rest of their day!

kuddles

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It's been a really great day! I had a massage this morning (amazing) and then my sister and I went out for sushi for lunch! I'm home now relaxing!

HI YA everyone...

Happy B day Mandy, glad you spent some time out with your sis on your b day!!

Poor sandra, at least you have your crochet with......Here's hope for the best.....

Kuddles, if I had to, I couldn't pick anyone more capable and caring than you with Kiddles, sooo perk up, it will all work out,you will see to it!

HI Imafreak, chort and angel, hope all is going well with you as well, and lets keep it that a way, lol

Everyone else, if I missed you, my apologiies and hello!!

I do have a couple puffy's to go out soon, but can't say when quite yet, I will post when i mail them, and let the recipients be aware of mailed puffies!!

all for now, nothing new here.. So windy, snow showers on and off, nothing major for sure, but the wind is always howling!!

Take care all of you here at Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!!

Hubby did wonderful through surgery. We are camping here at the boys mom house. I really needed to see the boys and we had fun together. I helped them clean their room , fix dinner and did the dishes with the younger grandson. Old grandson took care of his papa. Cole has to lay on his left side for a solid week. So when he gets up he needs to keep his chin to his chest. Then back to laying on left side. So hopefully it all heals well.

Good morning all and oh my happy friday! I'm so ready for it to be!

Cold again here and in a few days, highs again down to zero during the day and below at nite! I'm so done!!! LOL

No crocheting again yesterday so I hope to do some tonite while I'm sitting with Kiddles watching something mindless on TV!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning and Happy Friday Everyone!  :dance

Owlvamp, glad to hear hubby made through surgery well, I will continue to pray for healing.

The usual Friday around here but it is a 3 day weekend  :clap

Hi everybody,

Katy and CShort, the two puffies came yesterday. The squares are beautiful! I love them.

I knitted on my afghan yesterday and the day before. Today I am going to work on it again. Today I will finish up with the pink strips and then I get to pick three other colors and carry them from the bedroom to the table that's just inside the dining room so I can get to them easier.

I woke up through the night with a bad headache still have it this morning. It sucks but life. Soon will be taking off to the doctors and get breakfast. She has no milk, butter ,amongst a lot of other things and I will not put anyone out.

Not getting the boys this weekend either because they think they need to be gophers. They have a dang four day weekend because no school on Monday or Tuesday. So that sucks so I'm happy I was able to come be with them. They were so excited when I said I would stay the night with them. They were excited again this morning when I was here and seen them off to school. If nothing else I made them happy.

Good morning everyone!

Hi All,

Haven't been feeling well, so didn't pop in yesterday.  Need to do some grocery shopping today, so trying to get myself together.  Sending healing hugs to all that need them. 

Belated Happy Birthday Mandy!

Kuddles, hope all goes well with Kiddles IEP. (((hugs)))

Sorry, my brain isn't working more than that this morning... :(

I'll try to be back later when I can chat more.

See ya!

Not been on much. Not to much to say. Been busy packing and working. Snow day today. Kids didnt go to school. My hours will be changing at work. on of my ladies fell the other night and has a herniated disk in neck so family wants me there more to care for her. so I will be with her 10-5 mon-thursday and some hours saturday. it will move me from 32 hours to 42 hours and considering I am the only income now that is a good thing.

Working on crocheting a sock monkey rug right now.  I will get back to sending out puffys soon.  Have a great weekend and you all are in my prayers.

Sounds like you are doing better, and more work, yay, that is a good thing..Crocheted sock monkey rug, sounds interesting, would love to see it when it is done!

Not been on much. Not to much to say. Been busy packing and working. Snow day today. Kids didnt go to school. My hours will be changing at work. on of my ladies fell the other night and has a herniated disk in neck so family wants me there more to care for her. so I will be with her 10-5 mon-thursday and some hours saturday. it will move me from 32 hours to 42 hours and considering I am the only income now that is a good thing.

Working on crocheting a sock monkey rug right now.  I will get back to sending out puffys soon.  Have a great weekend and you all are in my prayers.

Hi ann, sorry you are feeling poorly, rest and recoop, and how is hubby, doing ok these past few days I hope...

Hi All,

Haven't been feeling well, so didn't pop in yesterday.  Need to do some grocery shopping today, so trying to get myself together.  Sending healing hugs to all that need them. 

See ya!

I woke up through the night with a bad headache still have it this morning. It sucks but life. Soon will be taking off to the doctors and get breakfast. She has no milk, butter ,amongst a lot of other things and I will not put anyone out.

Not getting the boys this weekend either because they think they need to be gophers. They have a dang four day weekend because no school on Monday or Tuesday. So that sucks so I'm happy I was able to come be with them. They were so excited when I said I would stay the night with them. They were excited again this morning when I was here and seen them off to school. If nothing else I made them happy.

Good morning everyone!

Sounds though like you had a nice camp out, and so glad hubby is doing fine!!

Hi everybody,
Katy and CShort, the two puffies came yesterday. The squares are beautiful! I love them.

I knitted on my afghan yesterday and the day before. Today I am going to work on it again. Today I will finish up with the pink strips and then I get to pick three other colors and carry them from the bedroom to the table that's just inside the dining room so I can get to them easier.

oh you certainly are welcome rusty's mom, glad you liked  them!!

Hi Kuddles, kiddles, pineknott, how you doing with that wrist, Sandra how is the back doing, and viking, dragnlady, cshort, Howdy to you all, hugs to those that need them!!

Had a girls day out today, lol dd, and sister and I, caught lunch, saw the movie Nebraska, and spent a lot of time together, is was very uplifting, as I don't get to see sis a lot, as it is quite a drive from her house to here, but she made it, and we had a lot of fun together..

The movie was interesting, apparently nominated for a lot of awards, I thought Bruce Dern did a really convincing job of the character he played, and it was funny in quite a few places too. Nice movie.....

Tomorrow, day of rest, lol, I hope, just a couple little things to do, bank, store, home,I think that will do me for tomorrow, lol

Take care all, till tomorrow!!

Good morning! Been awake for a few hours, finally gave up and got up! I'll be one tired pup later!

Cold here and a bit of snow coming mid day so plan to get errands done this morning and back home safe!

Hugs to everyone!

kuddles

Good Morning everyone.

Hi everybody,

I'm glad you like the square.

Good morning everyone!

Hope you're feeling better, glad to hear you had a nice visit with the boys.

Hi All,

See ya!

Hello, hope you're feeling better.

Hi, yay for more work hours, I know how much help they can be. Your rug sounds interesting

Sounds like you are doing better, and more work, yay, that is a good thing..Crocheted sock monkey rug, sounds interesting, would love to see it when it is done!

Hi ann, sorry you are feeling poorly, rest and recoop, and how is hubby, doing ok these past few days I hope...

Sounds though like you had a nice camp out, and so glad hubby is doing fine!!

oh you certainly are welcome rusty's mom, glad you liked  them!!

Hi Kuddles, kiddles, pineknott, how you doing with that wrist, Sandra how is the back doing, and viking, dragnlady, cshort, Howdy to you all, hugs to those that need them!!

Had a girls day out today, lol dd, and sister and I, caught lunch, saw the movie Nebraska, and spent a lot of time together, is was very uplifting, as I don't get to see sis a lot, as it is quite a drive from her house to here, but she made it, and we had a lot of fun together..

The movie was interesting, apparently nominated for a lot of awards, I thought Bruce Dern did a really convincing job of the character he played, and it was funny in quite a few places too. Nice movie.....

Tomorrow, day of rest, lol, I hope, just a couple little things to do, bank, store, home,I think that will do me for tomorrow, lol

Girls day out can be so much fun, glad you enjoyed yours.

I've been quiet.. it was a crazy week at work and and I haven't been sleeping well. So I've just kind of been lurking all week. :)

Hope things calm down at work and you get some good sleep.

Good morning! Been awake for a few hours, finally gave up and got up! I'll be one tired pup later!

Cold here and a bit of snow coming mid day so plan to get errands done this morning and back home safe!

Hugs to everyone!

kuddles

Hi Kuddles, stay warm and safe.

Not much going on here. It's still chilly by Florida standards, which means it's a good day for stitching. Talk to you all later, have a great day.

dragnlady you will be just fine and can do it. It's hard and I don't like packing. I feel for you. I still need to unpack a lot of boxes but it will have to wait till back is all better and I will space and pace myself to few boxes a day. My prayers and hugs go out to you. Glad you are getting more hours. It's only one check here to. It's hard but we manage somehow. Sacrifice a lot but it's worth it to be with the children.

grannyannie I hope you feel better soon.

kuddles hope all is going well and the New Year started off right for you. Mines Rocky right now but will have faith and be positive that this is it and it's all up hill from here.:)

howieann hope you'll be able to get some sleep soon. I know how you feel.

rustysmom, katie, cshort hello to all. If I missed anyone hello to you all too.

Today need to redo bedroom for hubby to be comfortable. Get laundry and dishes done and keep eye drops in his eye. Need to move a few things around in the den so can put up the air mattress for hubby to lay out there and watch TV. I don't have a couch yet so the mattress will have to do. Need to put a patch on it for it has a slow leak.

Good Morning Lovely Squares!  I hope this day is being kind to all of you.  I haven't done much yet since I didn't get to bed until about 2:30 this morning, so I'm moving very slow today, lol.  Same old story, I know, lol.  I did manage to make a couple of squares yesterday. My hope is to make a few more and get them mailed out to their intended recipients in a week or two.  We'll have to see how the finances hold out first, lol.  Property taxes are due this month, so square mailing might have to wait until February  :(   We'll see if I can work some magic.  I wouldn't want to tarnish this lovely crown!  :lol   Have a super duper day ladies and remember it's important to get your daily dose of fiber in!  :D  :yarn  :hook

Woot for more hours when you need them most!  Your rug sounds interesting.  I look forward to seeing it.  Enjoy your time with the boys.

Thanks Katie, we are both having a better day today, so far.  Hubby does well, then he'll get a phone call or e-mail, etc from work or the insurance co.  and it triggers problems for him.It's unbelievable how poorly this work comp company is handling his case.  If I were his employer I'd be really upset, but they're not helping at all. 

I've been quiet.. it was a crazy week at work and and I haven't been sleeping well. So I've just kind of been lurking all week. :)

Hope the weekend gives you the rest and relaxation that you need...

Hugs to everyone!

kuddles

We're getting snow showers today too.  I'm glad we did our errands yesterday, lol.  Hurry up, be safe, and get back home to your nice warm crochet hooks, lol. 

Good Morning everyone.

Not much going on here. It's still chilly by Florida standards, which means it's a good day for stitching. Talk to you all later, have a great day.

Enjoy your day!  Brrrrr, lol!

Today need to redo bedroom for hubby to be comfortable. Get laundry and dishes done and keep eye drops in his eye. Need to move a few things around in the den so can put up the air mattress for hubby to lay out there and watch TV. I don't have a couch yet so the mattress will have to do. Need to put a patch on it for it has a slow leak.

Take it easy yourself and go easy.  Everything will get done.  Prayers still being said for hubby for his healing. for you also... :hug

well another trip to theE R hand swelled cutting off circulation fingers were purple and dusky grey,maybe good yarn colors,but not a good look as far as figers were concerned

another return trip to Ortho on Monday...sigh this New Year is not getting better,maybe February will be better :lol

Hi, back safe! Bought 6 skeins of yarn using 50% off coupons for all at Joanns and a Target run. Gosh, everything costs SOOO much! Yikes!

Pineknott - oh dear! Prayers for you getting better !

Hi the rest of ya! Hugs!

kuddles

Hi everyone, good to read posts from you all.. I took the day and just mostly rested, and did a few things, didn't crochet much, yet, lol

Windy as all hec here, things blowing around, but could be worse, we could have snow with that wind, and we don't, so .... lol

Not much to report, trying to check out some you tube tutorials for crochet tonight, as I don't seem to have the energy for much else, lol..

And even that, the lure of the bed, is calling, maybe with the wind dying down a bit, I will sleep better tonight myself...Take care all, hugs to all that need them!!!!  

Morning...............moving slowly...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There was a coating of thin ice under the snow we got yesterday! Yikes! Gonna be super careful out there! Kiddles has a play date at 11 with a girl she is friends with, will meet with her dad and her at the bowling alley. I'd rather stay home and stay warm but we do what we must for our kids!

Hugs!

kuddles

Goooooooooood Morning! Yes it is me! Hard to believe, I know, but I'm up and awake (well sort of, lol) and wanted to say "hi" to my friends! We got about 5" of snow yesterday and it's still flurrying today, but I don't believe it's supposed to accumulate any more.  That's fine by me.  I didn't really get anything accomplished craft wise yesterday.  Just about everything I touched had to be frogged.  UGH! I finally gave up and went to bed. LOL!  I hope you are all having a nice productive or at least relaxing Sunday.  :hug

well another trip to theE R hand swelled cutting off circulation fingers were purple and dusky grey,maybe good yarn colors,but not a good look as far as figers were concerned

another return trip to Ortho on Monday...sigh this New Year is not getting better,maybe February will be better :lol

Oh no!  Purple is one of my favorite colors, but not when it comes to skin tones, lol.  You sure are right about this year not starting out very good.  I sure am praying that February turns things around. 

Hi, back safe! Bought 6 skeins of yarn using 50% off coupons for all at Joanns and a Target run. Gosh, everything costs SOOO much! Yikes!

Pineknott - oh dear! Prayers for you getting better !

Hi the rest of ya! Hugs!

kuddles

WooT!  Nice score at JoAnns!  I never seem to have many coupons if any when I finally get to go shopping there.  Mostly it's on line and I'm lucky to get free shipping, lol.

Hi everyone, good to read posts from you all.. I took the day and just mostly rested, and did a few things, didn't crochet much, yet, lol

Windy as all hec here, things blowing around, but could be worse, we could have snow with that wind, and we don't, so .... lol

Not much to report, trying to check out some you tube tutorials for crochet tonight, as I don't seem to have the energy for much else, lol..

And even that, the lure of the bed, is calling, maybe with the wind dying down a bit, I will sleep better tonight myself...Take care all, hugs to all that need them!!!!  

Did you find any interesting tutorials on you tube?  Anything new?

Morning...............moving slowly...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There was a coating of thin ice under the snow we got yesterday! Yikes! Gonna be super careful out there! Kiddles has a play date at 11 with a girl she is friends with, will meet with her dad and her at the bowling alley. I'd rather stay home and stay warm but we do what we must for our kids!

Hugs!

kuddles

Are you going to bowl too?  I used to love to bowl.  As a matter of fact, I used to be the league president way back when, lol.  Boy was that a long time ago.  gonna stop thinking about that now before I get depressed, lol.

Archived