Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone is surviving this blast of winter! Roads are FINALLY starting to clear up in my area, though we still have tons of snow on the ground and more to come. My neighborhood roads are a mess, and a friend dropped something off at my house before I got home today and she said my neighbor had to help push her car because she got stuck in the slush on the street! I felt terrible!

Yep I'm addict to yarn and fabric. I never have enough even though I have to reign myself in.

I love doing crafts and love helping others.

grannyannie prayers are being sent your way along with lots of hugs. Hope it gets better soon. What is PTSD? I just can't think of what it means off hand.

Well here is a couple decorations daughter and I made for the baby shower Saturday. It defitintly was a trying moment with them. Each one needed four receiving blankets and instead of me buying them I used the ones I made except mine were much bigger than the stores. I made two work for the wheels but had to use a pillow case for the handle bars and to connect the wheels. Lessened learned there and daughter used ribbon on hers instead of the pillow case to connect. I love the turn out and will do again.

Then I finished the diaper bag. Only thing left is the tie blanket and thank goodness I'm finished and now need to wrap and put so e in gift bags. I'm extremely excited.

PTSD is Post traumatic stress disorder

Thanks pineknott for telling me what it meant.

Thanks for the compliments ... I thought they were just adorable but sure were a pain to make. But learned a few things to make the next ones . So it should go faster and easier.LOL

Checking in.  Survived the polar whatever they are calling it.  Having a lot of problems connecting to the internet.  Usually its been the phone line but now I am suspecting its the computer so may wind up awol.  If it does die I will check in when I can be it at my sister's or the library.

WOW!!! So chatty today.... love it!

owlvamp - such cute items!

Ann - prayers being said for hubby...and for you honey!

Hugs for everyone else....even if you didn't ask for one, you could use one so here ya go - :hug

Well I best get Kiddles moving towards teeth brushing.......she was so happy this evening. She needed to get back to school!!!

kuddles

So I think I am an addict! I just spent $78 dollars worth of yarn at Michael s and I still am looking for more! Anyone else feel like admitting their an addict?

I only have a mild case of addiction only due to lack of funds

part of my addiction is fed by hubby's boss,who I make dinners for up at the school,and his thank you are paid back in yarn for my charity crochet,sometimes he'll get 8-10 skeins at a time for me.

That is so cool pineknott. My addiction isn't bad either for the lack of funds or I would have a warehouse full of yarn, fabric and crafts.

I would be in heaven!! :)

Owlvamp, I am just so green right now!  The decorations and diaper bag are just outstanding.  You have been very, very busy.  You're almost at the finish line for this baby shower ;)

I am proud to shout out to the world that I am a yarnaholic, maybe a bit of a "fabricaholic" (good one, Katie!).  The only reason I haven't purchased more... oh, who am I kidding?  I have purchased more though not very recently, maybe three weeks ago.  I'm making a crocodile stitch cardigan for my sister.  There are the baby and mommy crocodile stitch boots that I want to make too and don't have the maroon yarn for.  I supposed I'll just have to go and get the yarn since it's not in my stash.  However, no more yarn!  At least not today  :rolleyes

I just realized that I never did PM my info... oops! I should get on that...

I love Mary Poppins, too. In fact, I got a copy for Christmas... now I just need a day when I can send the girls and hubby off for a few hours and watch it in peace and quiet. I'll watch it with the girlies, too. But first, it'll be all about me! :)

Hi everybody,

I heard yesterday from my brother re the gift card that was sent along with the scented soap that I was given for Christmas. David (my brother) said that this card was a discount card for $10.

I have been knitting on an afghan that I had started using all the colors of yarn that I have in my stash. I have discovered that I will have enough yarn to make more than one afghan. I finished the 8 strips of purple today and so I went into the bedroom to pick a new color and I picked light green, dark green and aran. I have discovered the following: there isn't enough light green for 8 strips of light green. Also the dark green has strings on it (red and white strings). I have discovered that the label says "Dark Green Fleck" and I am very disappointed on the look of the yarn. It looks like it got against something that was red and white and the red and white clung to the dark green. I was able to pull some of the threads off,but I can't get all of them and I don't want this in my afghan, so I have decided to knit a dark green blanket for Rusty. That will get rid of the dark green with the strings of red and white which are clinging to the yarn. It is warmer today, but it is still below freezing.

Hi everybody,

I heard yesterday from my brother re the gift card that was sent along with the scented soap that I was given for Christmas. David (my brother) said that this card was a discount card for $10.

I have been knitting on an afghan that I had started using all the colors of yarn that I have in my stash. I have discovered that I will have enough yarn to make more than one afghan. I finished the 8 strips of purple today and so I went into the bedroom to pick a new color and I picked light green, dark green and aran. I have discovered the following: there isn't enough light green for 8 strips of light green. Also the dark green has strings on it (red and white strings). I have discovered that the label says "Dark Green Fleck" and I am very disappointed on the look of the yarn. It looks like it got against something that was red and white and the red and white clung to the dark green. I was able to pull some of the threads off,but I can't get all of them and I don't want this in my afghan, so I have decided to knit a dark green blanket for Rusty. That will get rid of the dark green with the strings of red and white which are clinging to the yarn. It is warmer today, but it is still below freezing.

Hi!  It sounds like that dark green fleck is meant to have the red and white bits.  I believe that that's what is considered the fleck.  I am just going by other fleck yarns I've purchased and that's the distinguishing characteristic, the fact that they have bits (flecks) of different colors.  You may even be able to use it to make a Christmas afghan.  Just a thought :)

Morning all!

Zero this morning.......but going to climb into the 20s! Wow!

I leave work early for a doctor appt. I want her to check my blood pressure. I'm 57 and my mom starting taking meds for high blood pressure at 40. I've been lucky but feel it is climbing and I don't want to be stupid and not have her check it out. I have a 9 year old that will need me for many years to come! Wish me luck!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Good Morning,

Grannyannie, prayers for you and your husband.

Owlvamp, the shower decorations and diaper bag are adorable!

Pineknott, being paid in yarn for helping out sounds great or he could be considered an enabler to your addiction.  :lol

Howieann, my kids know that Mary Poppins is my favorite so for Christmas a few years ago they gave me the anniversary edition which has a second dvd with commentary from the actors and the Sherman brothers who did the music.

Hello kuddlekubs, dragnlady5, cindyssweetthings, crochetfreak1990, mandymae, bgs, AngelRoseLite, Rusty’s mom. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe. I will be going to the post office today after work to mail a few puffies. Then to AC Moore for a couple of skeins of yarn (I have some nice coupons) and yes I guess I am a yarnaholic and fabricaholic but my real addiction is patterns for crochet and sewing. Then I need to pick up some groceries before heading home. I'm hoping to keep my eyes open long enough to watch the season finale of Project Runway Allstars tonight. Have a great day everyone.

Morning all!

Zero this morning.......but going to climb into the 20s! Wow!

I leave work early for a doctor appt. I want her to check my blood pressure. I'm 57 and my mom starting taking meds for high blood pressure at 40. I've been lucky but feel it is climbing and I don't want to be stupid and not have her check it out. I have a 9 year old that will need me for many years to come! Wish me luck!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Best of luck at your appointment! My doctor put me on a very mild blood pressure medication, because it was getting a bit high and i was having crazy, crazy bad headaches every day of the week. I went from having 5-6 migraines in 3 weeks to having only 2 headaches in the 3 weeks after I started the med. (The two headaches I did have...one was from a super loud concert and the other was from forgetting to take the med!) There are a lot of options out there and I'm sure your dr can help you if you need a medication to assist with your BP!

Welcome, crochetfreak 1990!  Hiya, katyallen, Mandy, howieann, cshort, and pineknott!  BGS, stay warm!!!

ImmaFreek, don't worry, I don't "get" that balancing thing either.  I'm so sick, and I'm still at work.  When I get home, I'll be taking care of my sick daughter and husband.  We're quite a miserable bunch right now.

GrannyAnnie, good to see you up and about!  Sending prayers to you and your husband.

Owlvamp, the decorations and diaper bag are too cute!  You are so talented!!!!!

Rusty'sMom, I can't wait to see your finished 'ghan!  It's going to be beautiful!!!

Good luck at the doctor's appt., kuddles!!!

Well, my abscess is draining and I'm on antibiotics, but I'm still sick with the flu or some other crud.  Who knows.  I'm at work, though.  UGH!!  Hubby and daughter are home with the flu too.  I took my daughter to the Minute Clinic yesterday, and after charging me $30, they said that she needed a chest x-ray and to go to Urgent Care.  At Urgent Care, she got her chest x-ray (it was clear. Yay!), and a flu test (it was positive. Boo!).  That was $87.  Then to the pharmacy for tamaflu...that was $62.  Quite an expensive day for just one sick person!!  I suppose it could have been worse.  Hopefully, today flies by so I can go home and sleep.  I'm so exhausted!!  

Hi everyone. I have a quick question........... Has anyone crocheted a fedora - type hat? If so , did you wing it or follow a pattern? and how did it turn out? Im trying to make one and was just curious :D

:hug to all        :manyheart  You Ladies !

Hello squares!  Well, I'm back on my laptop, so no multiquote,bleh! I'll do my best to get thru this.  Please bare with me, lol.

Pineknott, I'm so happy for you that you got a day out!  Woot!  We got our fabric section back about a month ago, unfortunately they made the yarn section even smaller than it was before!  They also cut way back on knitting/crochet hooks and needles/supplies.

Katie, no, I'm sorry to say that I have not received anything from you yet.  Maybe today?

crochetfreak1990, yes, I am a yarn addict.  I can't live without it, lol.

owlvamp, I see others have answered what PTSD stands for and I thank them.  He has been in this position for over 10 years and it finally built up too much.

Oh my gosh, I love your shower decorations!  They are wonderfull.  I've never seen anything like them before.  Great job!

Katie, the picture you have of the old lady must be a riot, lol! 

Mandy, be safe!  We have warmed up to 10 degrees today!  Woot!  I'm enjoying the warm weather, lol.  We are lucky though, it has warmed a tad and no snow except the few inches that is already on the ground.  Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer!  Of course, then the deep freeze returns...

Kuddles, thanks for the prayers.  I appreciate them.  Good for you for getting your BP checked.  Praying that it's good and stays that way.  Stay warm my friend...

rusty's mom, so glad you got the GC figured out $10 is a nice little sum to get yourself a little treat!  Too bad about the yarn.  I probably would have done the same thing and used it to make something for the dog if it was usable for that, but I didn't like the color/texture.

cshort, thank you so much for the prayers...

Jilliepop, so sorry that you as well as your entire household is still sick.  Praying that you will all be feeling better soon. Might be time for some of mama's good ole fashioned chicken soup!  That cures everything, right?  LOL. don't I wish... rest up get well. (((hugs)))

Immafreek, sorry, I have never made a fedora.  Best of luck to you!

Thanks! I have been having more headaches lately! I'll let you guys know the outcome.....

Best of luck at your appointment! My doctor put me on a very mild blood pressure medication, because it was getting a bit high and i was having crazy, crazy bad headaches every day of the week. I went from having 5-6 migraines in 3 weeks to having only 2 headaches in the 3 weeks after I started the med. (The two headaches I did have...one was from a super loud concert and the other was from forgetting to take the med!) There are a lot of options out there and I'm sure your dr can help you if you need a medication to assist with your BP!

Thanks! Hope your family feels better!

Good luck at the doctor's appt., kuddles!!!

Well, my abscess is draining and I'm on antibiotics, but I'm still sick with the flu or some other crud.  Who knows.  I'm at work, though.  UGH!!  Hubby and daughter are home with the flu too.  I took my daughter to the Minute Clinic yesterday, and after charging me $30, they said that she needed a chest x-ray and to go to Urgent Care.  At Urgent Care, she got her chest x-ray (it was clear. Yay!), and a flu test (it was positive. Boo!).  That was $87.  Then to the pharmacy for tamaflu...that was $62.  Quite an expensive day for just one sick person!!  I suppose it could have been worse.  Hopefully, today flies by so I can go home and sleep.  I'm so exhausted!!  

Thanks Ann! Continued prayers for you!

Kuddles, thanks for the prayers.  I appreciate them.  Good for you for getting your BP checked.  Praying that it's good and stays that way.  Stay warm my friend...

Hi everyone.

Been quite busy today and sister arrived at 3 am this morning. So I've only had one hour of sleep. I've missed her so much so we chatted a lot and then played with the puppies. It's been nice.

Will check in later with you all.

I hope everything goes well for all. Kuddles hope appointment goes well to.

Thanks for all the nice compliments on the baby stuff.

Hi everyone!

I made it to the post office today. So grannyannie, Jilliepop, Muttcutts and Rusty's Mom be on the look out for a little something in the mail. I also went to walmart but decided I was too tired to go completely in the opposite direction for AC Moore, maybe tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Archived