Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello everyone!

Not much going on here, just the usual work and errands but now I get to crochet for a while before I fall asleep.

Can't wait to see who the new queen is!

Pineknott, hope the doctor is in tomorrow.

Kuddles and everyone else in the cold, stay warm and safe.

Have a great evening everyone.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we are are set to get snow now. Until now the UK has remained free of the white stuff but it has been in the news today that it is coming. Yay! I like snow. I miss snow. Its already been snowing in Sweden. :( Goodness knows how much I want to be back there!

Got some square going out on Wednesday to our current Queen. A little bit more square-y rain for you. :)

Can't wait to see who our next Queen is! My hook is ready! :hug

Queen Ann I mailed your package today so more squares are headed your way.  The wind has been horrible here and it's cold. When I heard about Chicago's weather on the news I shuddered and thought poor Kuddles and Kiddles.  I know its bad other places too. 

oh my dinner was horribly and completely indulgent... I am so full....The shells made 12, we will be eating these for a couple of lunches, anyway, lol and the cake,,,,wow, I seldom indulge, but y ou know, a good choc. cake does hit the spot now and then!!

SO, that out of the way, i have settled in for the evening, angel your weather must feel good compared to ours, lol I don't usually mind snow, but this past month or more, the cold is what gets to me, not so much the snow, as we have not had too much of that this year, I think we sent our share to Kuddlesand other parts east!! 

Poor little cindy i laughed when i read you cinamon roll saga! at least you got one good one out of what, half a dozen!!

You have quite the way of telling a story cindy, lol I feel for you, some days, nothing goes right!!

Ok, all for now, you all have a great evening, and good luck with the doc. tomorrow pineknot, hope the doc is in!!!

SO, that out of the way, i have settled in for the evening, angel your weather must feel good compared to ours, lol I don't usually mind snow, but this past month or more, the cold is what gets to me, not so much the snow, as we have not had too much of that this year, I think we sent our share to Kuddlesand other parts east!! 

Poor little cindy i laughed when i read you cinamon roll saga! at least you got one good one out of what, half a dozen!!

You have quite the way of telling a story cindy, lol I feel for you, some days, nothing goes right!!

Oh, but I will eat those ugly, mushy cinnamon balls! I worked too hard to just throw them out! And I hear you on the cold. Its -20 something right now. Brr!

We actually had a slightly warmer day today TEN NEW REPLIES?? Seriously?? Aw man, you people type too fast! Ahem.

Anyway, slightly warmer day today. :) I picked Little Viking up early so we could go outside and play in the snow while there was still daylight. I figure he's probably not going to see snow like this very often in his life! So we need to enjoy it while it's here.

Enchiladas and chocolate cake sound gooood. Could mix 'em up; add some dark cocoa powder into the meat; add some cinnamon/cayenne into the chocolate cake.... Mmmm.

Cindy, that heart/knot square pattern is MEGA cool. I hope you get it worked out!!

I'm going to try to get a queen square in by the end of the month, but it may be late. I've got two crochet gifts going on right now and I've actually been working on both of them - I want to keep that energy going and maybe get them finished!! Signing off for now, though, as I've now spent twenty minutes on here instead of working... ;-P Bak sun!

Hey all!  A nightly check in from your soon to be de-throned queen, lol.  I'm looking forward to finding out who I'll be passing the crown on to also.  This month has passed so quickly, but it is always a pleasure to come in here and visit with friends.  I think that's what I like so much about this group.  Yes, it is set up for squares, and we do get them done, lol, but more than that we have become a family of sorts.  We know that if we're having a bad day or a good day, whatever, we can come here and talk about it/share it with someone that cares.   I will be putting together my blanket with whatever squares I receive and I will treasure it because it will hold special memories of friends. (((hugs)))

Good morning!

Ann, wow, could not have said it better myself! We are a family here! Giving unconditional love!

cshort - thanks, staying warm means staying in today! Kiddles is happy to be home.....I'm ready for her to go back to school!

skoggy - wow, snow! You should show us a pic!

bgs - thanks for thinking of us! We are staying warm so far.....electricity stayed on (whew!) and the furnace is working and the TV....well kiddles would be miserable if we lost that!

katy - high girlfriend!

cindy - yeah I'd eat a cinnamon roll no matter what it looked like!

pineknott - you crack me up girl!

viking - this is a very chatty group! Don't cha love it!

Well I had my first weigh in (at home) since following the simply filling weight watchers technique. VERY different, you eat power foods only so didn't have any processed anything all week. I had no hopes of losing but I got on the scale and lost....4.6 pounds! I'm still in shock! WTW? I never lost that much in my first week on the points system when I started at 240 pounds! I 'only' want to lose 15 total so I'm well on my way! I'm sure next week will be no loss, but who cares! Just so happy, wanted to report!

Hugs to all, I'll check back later since I'm stuck at home!

kuddles

Good morning ladies!

This sure has been a chatty bunch. Yep you better type fast before you have tons more to read. I miss a day and have lots to catch up on. But I love reading all your story's and what's going on in your life's. So keep them coming. Sometimes when we have bad days and feel like we are a lone and come here we truly aren't a lone. We all have bad days and nothing goes right. It's seems I have more bad than good but try to keep plugging along. Will get through it!

Hope you enjoyed your cinnamon rolls. I would of ate them to.

I'm back from ortho,they called at 7 this morning,we thought it was going to be cancelled once more,but they took pity on me,and scheduled me to see someone else,guess you can't get better than the director of the sports medicine division,be still my heart,ohhhhhhhhhhhh this guy was good looking and then some.

surgery site healing well,don't even think its going to leave a scar.but oh my gosh,when they toojk off all the bandages, when did my arm start to look like the character ET,yikes. its like the bandages sucked out all the fluffiness in my arms,lol

Kuddles,I diffuse a lot through silliness

Well I had my first weigh in (at home) since following the simply filling weight watchers technique. VERY different, you eat power foods only so didn't have any processed anything all week. I had no hopes of losing but I got on the scale and lost....4.6 pounds! I'm still in shock! WTW? I never lost that much in my first week on the points system when I started at 240 pounds! I 'only' want to lose 15 total so I'm well on my way! I'm sure next week will be no loss, but who cares! Just so happy, wanted to report!

Wow! I totally believe it. Its amazing (in a terrible way) what processed foods do to us. I did the Paleo diet for a month and lost 10 lbs. I only stopped because I got pregnant and needed more carbs! I dream of one day having a homestead and growing my own food. Talk about the ultimate in organic, unprocessed food! We NEED to stop eating processed food. Its literally killing us.

Today is crazy. My older daughter's school was cancelled (due to dangerous wind chill) but the colleges were not. I have an interpreting assignment at one college, my husband has a class at another, and the times over lap! Thankfully, our daycare is super awesome and is able to take both girls (we originally planned on only my younger daughter). The crazy part is that its going to cost $30 for their care and my assignment will only earn $36. Oh well. The client won't be left high and dry, I'll gain experience (not only in general, but specifically because I've never interpreted this kind of class before), DH doesn't have to miss class, and my older daughter gets to see her old daycare provider (whom she ADORES!). 

And the baby is enjoying the cinnamon "rolls". Its Kung Fu time!

I'm back from ortho,they called at 7 this morning,we thought it was going to be cancelled once more,but they took pity on me,and scheduled me to see someone else,guess you can't get better than the director of the sports medicine division,be still my heart,ohhhhhhhhhhhh this guy was good looking and then some.

surgery site healing well,don't even think its going to leave a scar.but oh my gosh,when they toojk off all the bandages, when did my arm start to look like the character ET,yikes. its like the bandages sucked out all the fluffiness in my arms,lol

Ooooo! Sounds like a nice appt! Well, sans the ET arms at least.

As do I!

Hello, Everyone!

Wow!! I've missed so much!!! I started my new job as an EC teacher last week. It is absolutely wonderful!!! Unfortunately, there is a learning curve and I'm swamped, but so it goes. And finally, I'm *starting* to feel like me again. That dang virus is brutal!!! Still coughing and rather tired, but at least I'm not totally MISERABLE!!!

I've read back over what I missed, and it's just too much to comment on individually, soooo....I just hope everyone is healing, staying warm, and finding comfort in their yarn, hooks, and this fabulous group. Hugs to all!!!

Since you ladies like stories...

So, there I was, interpreting in a college class, when something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. Small objects moving on the floor ALWAYS catch my attention due to my irrational fear of spiders. Sure enough! An 8-legged fiend was charging straight for me and was no more than a foot away! I simultaneously squealed and jumped out of my chair. After a moments hesitation, I stomped that sucker. Satisfied of its destruction, and the fact that no other freaky creatures were in sight, I sat back down in my seat. Only then did I look up at the rest of the class. They were all staring at me, snickering! My face flushed and I exclaimed "There was a spider!" This elicited a few more snickers but mostly nods of understanding. The heat in my face continued to rise and I started fanning my face. The teacher asked if I was alright, to which I replied "yes" and the class recommenced. For the duration of the class (half hour maybe?), I occasionally looked down to ensure Mr. Spider was indeed still dead. My client did not fail to notice this and kept signing to me "Its okay! Its dead!"

I do not feel the least bit embarrassed by the event. I actually find it rather humorous! I will be subbing in that class on Thursday, so we shall see if any more arachnids decide to grace me with their presence.

Glad all went well and healing good!

Since I was sick, I didn't get a chance to post this. Here's a pic of my first ever friendship squares!! The big one in the middle was from cshort and the six smaller ones were from katyallen. I love them all!! Thanks, lovely ladies!!!

post-69244-0-68592200-1390946274_thumb.jpg

I don't have a fear of spiders,but when its headed into my space,he's a goner

what freaked me out more were the 12-16 inch millipedes we had in Hawaii

its snowing here,in this area,its like a major event,and especially since we can expect

between 7-12 inches, they already closed the college for tomorrow

This is my third attempt at posting here. I have lost all my quotes and replies and I'm not liking technology very much right now. So, I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. There is not too much going on here. Have a great evening everyone.

Good evening fellow squares...Having a hard time with my sisters' deaths lately...I do good then WHAM...Plus it would of been my sister's 50th birthday on friday, and her memorial was saturday...Since my mom,other sister and I didn't go (we were estrainged from my sister,so ofcourse no invite) things my niece told and my cousin told me being said about us...Not very good....Oh well,tomorrow is a new day...Then it seems like we're at a standstill with fostering my great nephew...Was supposed to have a visit last thursday at the house..Caseworker cancelled and is supposed to call and reschedule..No call yet and I don't know if I should call or not...If I do call don't want to seem pushy, and not calling don't want to seem disinterested....Other than that, life is GREAT...A couple weeks ago my husband brought home some roosters..I was mad because we didn't have any place for them, we do now....I don't like to have animals that I can't properly take care of...But I am enjoying the crowing they do....Then on sunday a lady's horse got her foot stuck in the cattle guard and it was bleeding pretty badly...Well, we tried and I called her to have her come out...She comes, but first she sends a man out that just wants to shoot the horse..She comes and they try to get her out, can't..So my husband gets his sawsall and makes 2 cuts, as he pushes the bar the horse gets her foot out and kicks the lady in the shoulder..She hit the post....Then later she calls and acts like it's our fault the horse got her foot stuck...So my hubby calls our landlord and tells him what's going on..Landlord says he's going to call her and have her not bother us anymore..We're NOT her horse caretakers/informers and she's welcome to move them...Now this lady has fed her horses hay 3 times since we moved here last July...A week prior was when she came up to us asking if we could be on the lookout for another horse...I had to tell her, her horse passed away in december...We found her while we were getting our christmas tree( we live on 200 acres) and my husband disposed of the body....Then she gave us her phone number...

Venison stew is what's for dinner and I found a new recipe for some drop biscuits...My brother in law has decided to stay for dinner (after I had him taste the biscuits) And I need to work on some squares and snowflakes and dishcloths...I need dishcloths badly..I really ike to swap for them, but I haven't joined a dishcloth swap on the other site..So alas I have to make some...lol...Hope everyone has a GREAT evening and stays WARM.....I LOVE my woodstove....      

wow, lots to catch up on... Good for you piniknott, et arm or not, huh!!!

Cute story cindy, lol I don't like spiders on the inside either, if they enter the house, their fate is sealed, death is inevitable.. What good do spiders do anyway???

Again, lilmama, sorry to hear of your losses, and all y our troubles and tribulations there, seems you are being tested, and and possibly will be strengthened by it, keep hangin in there.

Hi cshort, you might try defragging your computer, least that is what I have haerd to do, lol it is used to keep your computer running faster, and more effciently...Ive only ever done it once, well, tried, and it told me I didn'thave to drefrag, as my computer was running optimally....So, i didn't.

yep, cinamon rolls are still cinamon rolls, no matter what they look like!

Oh darn I don't remember any more of what I read, lol so will just say hello to all, oh and welcome back Jillipop!! glad  the job is working out well....

Kuddles, cold again for us too tonight, still nothing in precip. but  might shower snow on friday.... Im all for it packing up and moving out soon...

I think i will take some Alka seltzer in water in a bit, got stuffed up, and hate that feeling....All for now, take care and best of the best for all you squares!!!!!!!

Hi ya gang!  Wow, I just looked at the clock and realized it's 9pm!  I've had a really challenging day and spent most of it in bed.  My lupus has decided to kick up a bit, that with my other health problems = a not very quick moving annie, lol.  I managed to finish one blanket last night and got 2 squares done yesterday too.  Now if I ever make it over to the couch today I might get something accomplished today.  I'm not sure what to work on,  maybe the knit hat I'm working on for my BIL or the other crochet blanket or one of the 2 knit blankets or maybe some squares, hmmm, decisions, decisions, lol.  Take care and stay warm everyone.  And I hope I didn't get too mushy for anyone last night.  (((hugs))).

Good morning!

Ann, wow, could not have said it better myself! We are a family here! Giving unconditional love!

Hugs to all, I'll check back later since I'm stuck at home!

kuddles

Woot!  WTG on the weight loss!  I haven't heard anything about their new plan, but it sounds like it works!  WooHoo!

So glad they took you in!  LOL, isn't it something when they remove the bandage, lol. Ugh, where oh where does that skin come from? LOL!

Wow! I totally believe it. Its amazing (in a terrible way) what processed foods do to us. I did the Paleo diet for a month and lost 10 lbs. I only stopped because I got pregnant and needed more carbs! I dream of one day having a homestead and growing my own food. Talk about the ultimate in organic, unprocessed food! We NEED to stop eating processed food. Its literally killing us.

Today is crazy. My older daughter's school was cancelled (due to dangerous wind chill) but the colleges were not. I have an interpreting assignment at one college, my husband has a class at another, and the times over lap! Thankfully, our daycare is super awesome and is able to take both girls (we originally planned on only my younger daughter). The crazy part is that its going to cost $30 for their care and my assignment will only earn $36. Oh well. The client won't be left high and dry, I'll gain experience (not only in general, but specifically because I've never interpreted this kind of class before), DH doesn't have to miss class, and my older daughter gets to see her old daycare provider (whom she ADORES!). 

And the baby is enjoying the cinnamon "rolls". Its Kung Fu time!

The cost of day care is crazy!  But I'm glad everything worked out for you and your family.  YUM, cinnamon rolls!  They rock!

Hello, Everyone!

Wow!! I've missed so much!!! I started my new job as an EC teacher last week. It is absolutely wonderful!!! Unfortunately, there is a learning curve and I'm swamped, but so it goes. And finally, I'm *starting* to feel like me again. That dang virus is brutal!!! Still coughing and rather tired, but at least I'm not totally MISERABLE!!!

I've read back over what I missed, and it's just too much to comment on individually, soooo....I just hope everyone is healing, staying warm, and finding comfort in their yarn, hooks, and this fabulous group. Hugs to all!!!

Hello!  So good to see you!  Glad you're starting to feel better.

Since you ladies like stories...

So, there I was, interpreting in a college class, when something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. Small objects moving on the floor ALWAYS catch my attention due to my irrational fear of spiders. Sure enough! An 8-legged fiend was charging straight for me and was no more than a foot away! I simultaneously squealed and jumped out of my chair. After a moments hesitation, I stomped that sucker. Satisfied of its destruction, and the fact that no other freaky creatures were in sight, I sat back down in my seat. Only then did I look up at the rest of the class. They were all staring at me, snickering! My face flushed and I exclaimed "There was a spider!" This elicited a few more snickers but mostly nods of understanding. The heat in my face continued to rise and I started fanning my face. The teacher asked if I was alright, to which I replied "yes" and the class recommenced. For the duration of the class (half hour maybe?), I occasionally looked down to ensure Mr. Spider was indeed still dead. My client did not fail to notice this and kept signing to me "Its okay! Its dead!"

I do not feel the least bit embarrassed by the event. I actually find it rather humorous! I will be subbing in that class on Thursday, so we shall see if any more arachnids decide to grace me with their presence.

Ewww, spiders!  I would have run out of the room,, lol!

Since I was sick, I didn't get a chance to post this. Here's a pic of my first ever friendship squares!! The big one in the middle was from cshort and the six smaller ones were from katyallen. I love them all!! Thanks, lovely ladies!!!
attachicon.gifFirst squares.jpg

Nice squares.

This is my third attempt at posting here. I have lost all my quotes and replies and I'm not liking technology very much right now. So, I hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. There is not too much going on here. Have a great evening everyone.

Yeah, technology is great, huh!  I have more trouble with this place than ever since the upgrade.  Glad you finally were able to post!

Good evening fellow squares...Having a hard time with my sisters' deaths lately...I do good then WHAM...Plus it would of been my sister's 50th birthday on friday, and her memorial was saturday...Since my mom,other sister and I didn't go (we were estrainged from my sister,so ofcourse no invite) things my niece told and my cousin told me being said about us...Not very good....Oh well,tomorrow is a new day...Then it seems like we're at a standstill with fostering my great nephew...Was supposed to have a visit last thursday at the house..Caseworker cancelled and is supposed to call and reschedule..No call yet and I don't know if I should call or not...If I do call don't want to seem pushy, and not calling don't want to seem disinterested....Other than that, life is GREAT...A couple weeks ago my husband brought home some roosters..I was mad because we didn't have any place for them, we do now....I don't like to have animals that I can't properly take care of...But I am enjoying the crowing they do....Then on sunday a lady's horse got her foot stuck in the cattle guard and it was bleeding pretty badly...Well, we tried and I called her to have her come out...She comes, but first she sends a man out that just wants to shoot the horse..She comes and they try to get her out, can't..So my husband gets his sawsall and makes 2 cuts, as he pushes the bar the horse gets her foot out and kicks the lady in the shoulder..She hit the post....Then later she calls and acts like it's our fault the horse got her foot stuck...So my hubby calls our landlord and tells him what's going on..Landlord says he's going to call her and have her not bother us anymore..We're NOT her horse caretakers/informers and she's welcome to move them...Now this lady has fed her horses hay 3 times since we moved here last July...A week prior was when she came up to us asking if we could be on the lookout for another horse...I had to tell her, her horse passed away in december...We found her while we were getting our christmas tree( we live on 200 acres) and my husband disposed of the body....Then she gave us her phone number...

Venison stew is what's for dinner and I found a new recipe for some drop biscuits...My brother in law has decided to stay for dinner (after I had him taste the biscuits) And I need to work on some squares and snowflakes and dishcloths...I need dishcloths badly..I really ike to swap for them, but I haven't joined a dishcloth swap on the other site..So alas I have to make some...lol...Hope everyone has a GREAT evening and stays WARM.....I LOVE my woodstove....      

So sorry for your troubles.  I'll keep you in my prayers.  

wow, lots to catch up on... Good for you piniknott, et arm or not, huh!!!

Cute story cindy, lol I don't like spiders on the inside either, if they enter the house, their fate is sealed, death is inevitable.. What good do spiders do anyway???

Again, lilmama, sorry to hear of your losses, and all y our troubles and tribulations there, seems you are being tested, and and possibly will be strengthened by it, keep hangin in there.

Hi cshort, you might try defragging your computer, least that is what I have haerd to do, lol it is used to keep your computer running faster, and more effciently...Ive only ever done it once, well, tried, and it told me I didn'thave to drefrag, as my computer was running optimally....So, i didn't.

yep, cinamon rolls are still cinamon rolls, no matter what they look like!

Oh darn I don't remember any more of what I read, lol so will just say hello to all, oh and welcome back Jillipop!! glad  the job is working out well....

Kuddles, cold again for us too tonight, still nothing in precip. but  might shower snow on friday.... Im all for it packing up and moving out soon...

I think i will take some Alka seltzer in water in a bit, got stuffed up, and hate that feeling....All for now, take care and best of the best for all you squares!!!!!!!

Hi ya Katie!  Hope you feel better soon.  I've been stuffed up for days, but there is no way you're getting me to drink that Alka Seltzer stuff.  I've never been able to tolerate the taste of it, lol.  My brother used to love it and wanted  to drink it like soda pop, YUCK! LOL!  Have a good night!

Archived