Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...... Still collecting squares for my pastel ghan. (hint, hint) :)

......Whipping up a few this weekend for ya! Heck, I'm just next door, in Alabama, maybe I should hand deliver them! LOL

The book that pattern is in goes for $50.00 to $116.00 .. Not going to buy it for that. So it was a disappointment to see it for that price. That is one beautiful afghan!

hi everyone, just peeking in. I have not been feeling the greatest for the last 2 weeks or so. They had me on 2 dif. antibiotics and just finished them yesterday, but i still feel blah. oh well, Im getting better tho.

:hug to you all :)

......Whipping up a few this weekend for ya! Heck, I'm just next door, in Alabama, maybe I should hand deliver them! LOL

Ok, this is too funny - I was looking up Alabama's colors for the above-mentioned baby blanket. I went to facebook and was greeted in my notifications by an Alabama avatar, and then I came here and here it is again! Must be a sign. :D

Yes I remember the dough made with salt, flour and water. Don't remember the recipe for it.

It's a pretty easy recipe; it's salt, flour and water.  :heehee Haha I just kid. The recipe seems to basically be two parts flour to one part salt, with enough water to make a smooth but not sticky dough.

The book said too much water would make the dough sticky and start to sag, and it wasn't kidding! We initially had a little too much water in it and everything just drooped over. I had to actually bake a little of the water out to get it to be usable, or at least to hold a shape nicely!

oh too funny, you all crack me up!

what a nice speech Ann... so gracious, and sending sqaures to boot, this was your month to collect, lol can't keep a good queen down I always say..

kUDDLES, your attitude amazes me, you WILL make it, both of you!!

Lacey, so sorry you are feeling bad......Skoggy, good to see you posting, thanks for the info too, i have looked up scones, I do believe they are much like our biscuits, as for crumpets, they are very similar to what we call, believe or not,,,,, Englis Muffins, lol

Who else, oh viking bestest, yes, tell them the bestest yarn is what we have in our stashes! lol

Cindy, glad youcame out ok, on the glucose test, fingers crossed!

Muttcuts, good to see your post!! We missed you!

Um sandra, sounds like you are way busy cleaning today, handydan did our yard too, puppy poop scooped I mean, lol she won't go if her "spot" is too, shall we say, populated!! ha ha

angel, that is a beauty, and you are an angel!

I know I forgot some, apologies, lol..

Well, I have waited as long as I can without bursting, so will announce our new queen shortly...... GOt to get the crown out, on sec.......ok, got it, in honor of it being February, and Valetine's month, and a new queen, and and and,,,,,,

I present to our new Queen,,,, the crown for BIggest Square of the month of February........

are you ready,

wait for it.....

FIrst a couple of words about her, lol, she has been with the thread, longer than I have been moderator of the thread, she was one of the first of several that offered to help me get organized when I first took the thread over, and did countles emails for me, in search of new addys, and such..........

She lives a bit further away than most, across the pond if you will, and has two darling little girls that are adorable!!!!!!!Tha'ts right, you guessed it,,,,,,,,,

,It's Ms. Skoggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So congratz emma, and welcome to your reign, May it rain squares and squares down upon you this month!!!!!!!!!!! 4 inch, and 8 inch in browns, tans and creams are her preference!!!!!

Ill pledge several of each to start it off!!!!!!!!! Again, congratz, and sit back, and enjoy and let us spoil you!!!!!!!!

Congrats Skoggy!  I am so pleased to be handing the crown over to you.  I know you will wear it well, you so deserve to be spoiled!  I pledge several squares, just not sure of the count at the moment.  They will wing there way to you sometime during the month!   

Kuddles, hang in there!  you've got the right attitude, that helps a lot (((hugs)))

Lacey, so sorry you aren't feeling good...

Cindy, glad you survived the glucose test.  Just the thought of it, Yeck!

Owlvamp, make those girls work! Sure wish I had some daughters, LOL! 

Katie, thanks for not making us wait until tomorrow to find out who our new queen is, lol.  How are you feeling tonight?  better, I hope!

Well gang, that's it from me tonight .  See you in the am! 

Yay, Skoggy! I've got a square pattern in mind, just for you. Its one of my designs. I showed it off here before, I just haven't worked out a pattern yet. I just need to tweak it a little bit. Currently, it only measures 7.5 inches. Only a moment before opening this thread, I wondering what colors to use for my next try. Well, now I know! 

Congratulations Skoggy!

I am going from here to breakfast and then into the living room to pick up my knitting and see what Lucy and Ricky are doing on I Love Lucy. 

I am also working on a grocery list.  Got to remember to take my tablet with me when I leave here so I can do that.  Also, I get to switch colors on my afghan again. 

Rusty is asleep at my feet on my fleece jacket again. He likes to sleep on it as it is soft and warm.  Actually it is my only warm lightweight winter jacket, but I'm not going outside today.  Seriously, though I have to get him a fleece blanket so that I can trade it to him for my jacket so that I can wear the jacket outside if I ever get brave enough to go outside this winter.

Good morning chatties! Hugs to you all ....... love reading all your posts!

Thanks especially for the hugs/kudos regarding the IEP! You guys rock!

Can't stay on....kiddles and I have to get moving cause we've gotten about 2 inches of the up to 8 we will get by the time the day is done! Have to get the errands run pronto!

Later!

kuddles

Good morning ladies!

Kuddles you hurry and run those errands so you don't get caught up in the mess out there . Drive safe and stay warm. Keep kiddles all snuggled up and warm to. Winter really needs to go away especially the snow.

Cindy I remember those nasty orange drinks too. They taste horrible.. Hope all goes well with the results. When are you due and do you know what you are having.?

Good Morning!  Ok, this must be a record or something.  Hasn't it been like 3 days in a row that I've logged in and early at that! LOL!  Gotta keep it up.  Umm, of course, hubby thinks I'm ignoring him because I'm not sitting at the kitchen table talking to him.  No, I'm 10 feet away in the "office".  Geez, like I can't talk to him from here.  I do it all the time.  Hummm, I know it's part of what he's going thru, so I shouldn't complain, but I need to visit with my squares! LOL!  I'm going to try to make a few squares today, might just be for our new queen, maybe for someone else too.  :devil   Have a great day and stay warm everyone!

Congratulations Skoggy!

I am going from here to breakfast and then into the living room to pick up my knitting and see what Lucy and Ricky are doing on I Love Lucy. 

I am also working on a grocery list.  Got to remember to take my tablet with me when I leave here so I can do that.  Also, I get to switch colors on my afghan again. 

Rusty is asleep at my feet on my fleece jacket again. He likes to sleep on it as it is soft and warm.  Actually it is my only warm lightweight winter jacket, but I'm not going outside today.  Seriously, though I have to get him a fleece blanket so that I can trade it to him for my jacket so that I can wear the jacket outside if I ever get brave enough to go outside this winter.

Yes, poor Rusty needs a fleece blanket! LOL!  If he is anything like our Juno, he is spoiled rotten, lol.  Hubby just collected some of her toys as he was cleaning yesterday and counted 20 stuffed animals and we know there are more!  Oh my gosh!  I've never had a dog before that loved her toys as much as this one does, that's why we can't resist buying her new ones whenever we can, lol.  

Good morning chatties! Hugs to you all ....... love reading all your posts!

Thanks especially for the hugs/kudos regarding the IEP! You guys rock!

Can't stay on....kiddles and I have to get moving cause we've gotten about 2 inches of the up to 8 we will get by the time the day is done! Have to get the errands run pronto!

Later!

kuddles

Get going lady, gotta beat that white stuff!  Sounds like a good day to stay in and watch movies/crochet/knit/sew and drink cocoa, lol.  Can you have low cal/sugar free cocoa on this WW plan?

Good Morning!

This is my second attempt at a message, my laptop completely shut itself down while I was typing the first message.

Congratulations Skoggy! I will pledge at least 2 squares.

AngelRoseLite, the afghan is beautiful.

Owlvamp, those are very pretty towels and cloths.

VikingRunnerGirl and Immafreek, I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Hello JilliePop, Kuddles, Dragnlady5, pineknott, katyallen, grannyannie, lil_mama06, MuttCuts, RustysMom. I hope I didnn;t miss anyone.

I'm home from the conference and now it's back to the real world of laundry and such. I'm hoping to do some crocheting today. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning ladies!

Kuddles you hurry and run those errands so you don't get caught up in the mess out there . Drive safe and stay warm. Keep kiddles all snuggled up and warm to. Winter really needs to go away especially the snow.

Cindy I remember those nasty orange drinks too. They taste horrible.. Hope all goes well with the results. When are you due and do you know what you are having.?

I'm due May 17th (I'm 25 weeks today) and no, I don't know what I'm having. Baby clinched its legs shut so we couldn't get at peek at the goods. Little stinker! Now I can't make a baby blanket ahead of time.

Good Morning!  Ok, this must be a record or something.  Hasn't it been like 3 days in a row that I've logged in and early at that! LOL!  Gotta keep it up.  Umm, of course, hubby thinks I'm ignoring him because I'm not sitting at the kitchen table talking to him.  No, I'm 10 feet away in the "office".  Geez, like I can't talk to him from here.  I do it all the time.  Hummm, I know it's part of what he's going thru, so I shouldn't complain, but I need to visit with my squares! LOL!  I'm going to try to make a few squares today, might just be for our new queen, maybe for someone else too.  :devil   Have a great day and stay warm everyone!

Yes, poor Rusty needs a fleece blanket! LOL!  If he is anything like our Juno, he is spoiled rotten, lol.  Hubby just collected some of her toys as he was cleaning yesterday and counted 20 stuffed animals and we know there are more!  Oh my gosh!  I've never had a dog before that loved her toys as much as this one does, that's why we can't resist buying her new ones whenever we can, lol.

I've been getting on a lot, too! It was so busy for a while I have to be sure I keep up. :D Yep, you visit with us, and we'll cheer you on as you cheer him on. Heaven knows it's needed! I have a brother who was injured in Afghanistan a few years ago, and after visiting him at Bethesda the word "PTSD" just makes me all worried inside, whether it's military trauma or other. It's not easy to deal with (my brother doesn't seem to be, but he also hides things well so who knows). All my best wishes that you can work through this!

Our dog is starting to get pretty spoiled with toys, too. Our local pet store has gotten to know us pretty well since I also take her there just to walk around and practice not freaking out at people or other dogs, and every time I go with Little Viking he wants to get her another toy! I'm trying to minimise the amount of toys we bring home, but when a three-year-old holds up a tennis ball and says "Mommy, I fink Wottie would wike dis baseba[ll]," it's harrrrrd to resist. Last time the cashier scanned the ball and asked, "What, does he eat these?" I laughed and said, "Well, actually she does. But also he just really likes buying them for her."

Ok, gotta go. We're having another Lego-induced tantrum. We're all feeling sick today; it's going to be a lonnnnnng day. :-/

Wow just wait two more days and we could share the same birthday. So close your legs tight and don't let that stinker out till the 19th. LOL. I had a few of my babies do the same thing. Never could tell so I didn't buy or make anything till I was 100% positive what I was having.

My dogs are just as spoiled. I think I have toddlers in the house again when you see the den floor. We get them picked up and they have to empty the basket all over again. What joy!

Archived