Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh my, such things to talk about, lol, tennis balls, and babies, and our new queen, and pretty dish cloths, and towels, and blankees, and and and!! I know I won't remember it all!!

Cshort, Im gonna quote you, just for the list of some I wanted to answer, lol'

Good Morning!

This is my second attempt at a message, my laptop completely shut itself down while I was typing the first message.

Congratulations Skoggy! I will pledge at least 2 squares.

AngelRoseLite, the afghan is beautiful.

Owlvamp, those are very pretty towels and cloths.

VikingRunnerGirl and Immafreek, I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Hello JilliePop, Kuddles, Dragnlady5, pineknott, katyallen, grannyannie, lil_mama06, MuttCuts, RustysMom. I hope I didnn;t miss anyone.

I'm home from the conference and now it's back to the real world of laundry and such. I'm hoping to do some crocheting today. Have a great day everyone.

yes, hello to all above, and all those I missed...

Real world, yes sometimes is difficult, but seems to me, if we had it easy too much of the time, we wouldn't know what easy was anymore, with nothing to compare it to, do you know what I mean, lol

I have a mess ladies, and will share my prob with you, in hopes that someone will have some solution for me, lol I am posting here first, if no solutions, I will open a new thread I guess, but wanted to ask those here as I know and trust all of you to have a solution, lol... or maybe be a volunteer!

I found a small carry tote, full of squares, i have created myself!! In hopes of writting out the patterns one day.....Well, I have the notes, and a square of the pattern i want to write, but do you think i can do it!! Sheesh, i know I made one from my notes just now, but, im not sure I can write a pattern that anyone can follow! I can follow my notes, but I have the square, and I know what I did on them, just not exactly sure how to explain it all!!

Im baffled, what i need is someone that can sort of follow my notes,as best she can, and then  sort of decypher the square, or reverse engineer it if that helps, lol and help me out with writting the pattern....Sheesh, Im so dumb on this!! Its an easy pattern to do, but I find the trouble and hard part for me at least, is the writting of it out for others! So, if any of you feel like a challenge, pm me!!! Ill be glad to make you a copy of the notes, and the square, and let you test your hand at writting it out for me as I really would like to submit at least one or two of them, but we'll start with the one, lol

......Otherwise, I will have to muddle through, and get a tester to try to do what I write, and that probably won't be a good outcome, lol.....

Anybody up for it, pm me, you'll get the square, and the pattern for payment of all your work, most of the notes, are pretty clear, at least to me, as I know how it is made. I just don't know the proper terminology, and punctuation like  (   or * or {   ]   to use, you know. It consists of........sc, ch, dc, and one little part with either fpsc, or back post sc, not sure which, you come in from the back though, is that back, or front post,,that is really the major part confusing me, I don't know how to write that one part very well, so others will get it! so, anyway, you see my dilemma, lol        So a call of help going out to all!!!!!!! Anyone that is moderately familiar with the basics, and can sort of disect what they don't understand,if need be,  from the square, or me, which is not complicated at all, and if i can do it with other things, you all can do it better than me with this, lol Im sure......

So there we will leave it, and don't feel bad, if no one wants to do this, I don't blame anyone, really, its a lot to ask for just a free pattern in the end, lol      

My notes read sort of like this, without all the super detailed explainations that I already know.and take for granted....

2nd row consists of doing two dc,ch 1,  in each ch one space of previous row around, ending with 8 dc clusters, and 8 ch spaces. join, end off... attatch new color ch 3. This will count as first dc of this round here and through out...

Its fairly self explanatory for me, but not as detailed as it might have to be for others to follow it, and understand it.

I plan on making pics to accompany the pattern on submitting, but haven't done that yet....

Ok, sorry to take up so much space and time, in out little thread of space and time here, Ill just go back to muddling through it yet again, lol         Thanks to all for listening!        

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oooh, already got a volunteer, boy that was fast, will take one more, if anyone is interested!!!!!!! I will send the notes, the square, and it doesn't take much yarn for the first few rounds, and of course the last one or two, (it's a 6 inch square) take a bit more. mine i made is a combo of three or four colors, and i just used smaller balls from my ball bin, so lemm me know pm of course!!!!!!!!!!! thanks dragnlady, for being the first to answer my help alarm!!!!!!!!

Ooo... whats this?

A crown? Look it fits! Its so beautiful and shiney! :D

Thank you everyone for your congratulatory remarks! I humbly take on the crown and Queen of Square Hill for February.

It is true, I helped Katie do lots of things at the beginning of the new era for the Friendship Square swap. How could I not?! It seems so long ago now though. Although I have been away for a while, I did keep popping back to comment on posts etc. because this group is so lovely and many of you have become my friends "over the pond" in crocheting happiness.

:hug to you all :hug

Skoggy--I already finished your square! I think I'll make one more, in a different pattern. Now I just need postage...

Wow just wait two more days and we could share the same birthday. So close your legs tight and don't let that stinker out till the 19th. LOL. I had a few of my babies do the same thing. Never could tell so I didn't buy or make anything till I was 100% positive what I was having.

I don't think I'll be able to hold it in that long! Both of my girls came early (9 days and 15 days, respectively). I have a feeling this one is going to come the last week of April. Wouldn't that be crazy if I'm right?

Thanks owlvamp and Ann......we got out and did a lot of errands and had a snow break for about 2 hours....then it came back. About 6 inches right now, then temps will drop to around 6 tonite! Yikes! I've been baking this afternoon, some on plan stuff......luckily we can still have my homemade pizza tonite as usual, I save my points allowed up all week for it! LOL

Later!

kuddles

Very nice outgoing speech, grannyannie!  I'll send out squares as soon as I have the means to do so.  Skoggy, congratulations!  You'll have your afghan finished in no time :)

I'm typing and sneezing at the same time... no good.  My eyes are watery.  Yuck.  Talk to you all later :)

CONGRATULATIONS Skoggy...I hope you have a great rein...Did most of my cleaning this morning...Now I'm working on hearts...Talk about a pain..I'd rather be crocheting them, they would get done faster..Going grocery shopping tomorrow..Not a whole lot going on...Hope everyone has a SUPER evening.... 

we

Skoggy--I already finished your square! I think I'll make one more, in a different pattern. Now I just need postage...

I don't think I'll be able to hold it in that long! Both of my girls came early (9 days and 15 days, respectively). I have a feeling this one is going to come the last week of April. Wouldn't that be crazy if I'm right?

well if he/she could hold off till the 2nd of May and share my birthday,I'd like that

Well, I've discovered that what I thought was a "cream" colored yarn, is actually more like an "off-white". That's the problem with yarn ball scraps; no label. Time to pull the Christmas boxes (that should be in storage by not but aren't) out of my closet and dig out my scraps. I'm sure to have some cream in there. And then to decide if I should frog 4 rounds of work of an already finished square.....

Well if he/she could hold off till the 2nd of May and share my birthday,I'd like that

My cousin would like that too! My best friend would love a May 4th baby. My doc would hate me if I went into labor on the 9th, Mother's Day. He already delivered my Christmas baby!

I'm back for a minute in between sneezing attacks!  lol

I came and slept over at a sister's house yesterday.  In fact, I'm still here.  Bgs, thank you so much for sharing the towel topper pattern.  You mentioned you modified it.  I made one by following the pattern.  I brought the one you sent me.  I made a second one by following yours, and I must say we all love it more than the original pattern.  I can't take pictures today, but I'll photograph the next ones that I make.

When I initially commented that I had finished the afghan, I also said I finished some jumpers for ShiFio.  I can now share the pictures.  I sent them to her in the UK, and they're three of the four photographed with the pattern.  Here are my pictures, and the link for the pattern shows the three I made too.  It's the V-neck Jumper.  The only jumper I didn't make is the white-and-pink jumper that's photographed on ShiFio's site.

post-44469-0-73615400-1391300489_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-64600100-1391300492_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-19551300-1391300495_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-02199400-1391300487_thumb.jpg

It's time to return to my Downton Abbey marathon with my niece/goddaughter :)

hi all, stay in and stay safe Kuddles and Co........

Angel, what perfectly deliscious little sweaters!

Ohhh, glad the crown fits girlfriend!! Looks good on ya too!

Viking, you and lil viking feeling better today??

Ooo... whats this?

A crown? Look it fits! Its so beautiful and shiney! :D

Thank you everyone for your congratulatory remarks! I humbly take on the crown and Queen of Square Hill for February.

It is true, I helped Katie do lots of things at the beginning of the new era for the Friendship Square swap. How could I not?! It seems so long ago now though. Although I have been away for a while, I did keep popping back to comment on posts etc. because this group is so lovely and many of you have become my friends "over the pond" in crocheting happiness.

:hug to you all :hug

Very nice outgoing speech, grannyannie!  I'll send out squares as soon as I have the means to do so.  Skoggy, congratulations!  You'll have your afghan finished in no time :)

I'm typing and sneezing at the same time... no good.  My eyes are watery.  Yuck.  Talk to you all later :)

ah no, not angel, you can't be sick!! darn it anyways!

CONGRATULATIONS Skoggy...I hope you have a great rein...Did most of my cleaning this morning...Now I'm working on hearts...Talk about a pain..I'd rather be crocheting them, they would get done faster..Going grocery shopping tomorrow..Not a whole lot going on...Hope everyone has a SUPER evening.... 

yay for groceries, lol I don't mind the shopping for them part, but unloading them into the back of the car, is a pain, I always end up getting such heavy stuff when I go, like kitty litter, laundry deterg. cases of soda, lol and can goods! Many a time I leave most of it in the car, till handydan gets home, I can hardly carry that darn bucket of cat litter, lol so he knows on store days, stop at my car, and grab what I didn't take in already! lol

Ok, got my two work aholics, to try to help with my pattern, lol Dragnlady and Cindy, so send me your personal email addys so i can send the pattern doc..... and pics if you need them if you get stuck....I have never figured out a way to send pics, or docs. on the ville pm thing, I don't think it lets anyone!

chilly night here, snowed a bit, melted a bit, refroze a bit, same old same old, can't complain knowing what kind of crappy weather others are getting huh...

Supper was Marie Collandar tonight, and we still hve ham, plenty for sandwichs still lol

all for now,and have a good and safe evening everyone!!

Thanks, Katie; unfortunately we're all still feeling kinda rotten here! :( At least it's the weekend - I have a presentation to give at work on Tuesday and I still have to finish preparing the powerpoint on Monday, so I can't stay home sick! (Until Wednesday at least... but I hope I'm feeling better by then!)

I don't think you can send pics by ville PM. I've tried a few times myself and it just doesn't happen! I don't think they'll have too much trouble, though - the samples you shared look exactly like the sorts of notes I take for myself when designing, just so I remember how I did things while making the stuff up, prior to writing it out all proper! :D

AngelRoseLite, they are super cute! I love them. I have a feeling that the pattern will be added to my library soon.

You do such lovely work for ShiFo. :hug

Good morning to all my squares! Couldn't sleep past 5 so here I am! Shhhh,......kiddles is still in bed!

Feel better!

Hope you had a great evening!

Well, I've discovered that what I thought was a "cream" colored yarn, is actually more like an "off-white". That's the problem with yarn ball scraps; no label. Time to pull the Christmas boxes (that should be in storage by not but aren't) out of my closet and dig out my scraps. I'm sure to have some cream in there. And then to decide if I should frog 4 rounds of work of an already finished square.....

Hate it when that happens!

When I initially commented that I had finished the afghan, I also said I finished some jumpers for ShiFio.  I can now share the pictures.  I sent them to her in the UK, and they're three of the four photographed with the pattern.  Here are my pictures, and the link for the pattern shows the three I made too.  It's the V-neck Jumper.  The only jumper I didn't make is the white-and-pink jumper that's photographed on ShiFio's site.

attachicon.gifIMAG2442.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG2443.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG2446.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG2448.jpg

Oh my those are gorgeous! I saw those on ravelry and thought they were awesome! GREAT job! oh and feel better!

hi all, stay in and stay safe Kuddles and Co........

all for now,and have a good and safe evening everyone!!

Hi honey! We stayed in and had our pizza and watched some Bernstein Bears on demand.......hadn't watched any in a while and those are so appropriate and have good messages.....

Well, today is just to be cold, no snow...till Tuesday. Another 6 coming and more next weekend. Wow, this winter.......

I need to get some more stuff on my etsy destash shop! Sold another thing last nite so....time to see what I have! Hadn't posted my old magazines yet so might do that plus I have some beads (plastic pony plus others) I could list. Well, I know what I'll be doing today!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Happy Sunday, Everyone!!

AngelRoseLite: What gorgeous sweaters! I was unfamiliar with ShiFo, but I googled it. I thought they only deal with health care? Can you or Skoggy tell me more about how handmade items are needed or used? I think I'd like to help.

VikingRunnerGirl: So sorry to hear that everyone is still under the weather. Being sick is no fun for anyone!! This is week 5 (I think...it may be week 6) for me, and I'm finally feeling like my old self!! Still have nasal congestion/post nasal drip and a cough, but it's *nothing* compared to what my whole family went through. I'm telling you...orange juice was my saving grace. It was the only thing that I consumed that made me actually feel better as I was drinking it. I literally drank it by the gallons.

Skoggy: Congrats on being the new Queen! I hope you are spoiled rotten!!

Yesterday, I ventured out to Hobby Lobby. Oh, how I wish I had an unlimited budget!! I bought yarn to make squares for our new Queen and for a baby blanket for an old coworker. The color is called Seaspray Ombre. It's a variegated yarn with purples, blues, and whites, and I'm going to crochet it into a star shaped baby blanket. My coworker loves purple, but I didn't want to use just a straight purple, and I'm not much one for stripes, so I really hope that there's enough purple in it. It's hard to tell.

Today, there's laundry on the agenda, and the house needs cleaned. With being sick for so long, I've really let the house go, but I don't know if I want to tackle that job today. I'll probably save that job for next weekend. Oh, and then there's all of that fabulous crocheting time during the Super Bowl!! Anybody doing anything special or making anything yummy for the Super Bowl? We're having left over chili (it's always better the next day), and I'm making popcorn. I know that popcorn doesn't sound special, but for some reason, I find it incredibly charming. I make it on the stove the old fashioned way, and instead of using vegetable oil, I use olive oil, so it give it the most fantastic buttery flavor without adding butter. YUM!!

Alrighty, Squares, I'm off to start the laundry, and maybe even sneak in some crocheting before the Super Bowl!!

Happy Sunday, Everyone!!

AngelRoseLite: What gorgeous sweaters! I was unfamiliar with ShiFo, but I googled it. I thought they only deal with health care? Can you or Skoggy tell me more about how handmade items are needed or used? I think I'd like to help.

I'd spelt is wrong. Its ShiFio. :)http://www.shifio.co.uk/

Its a Mom and daughter combo who design knit and crochet patterns. They live in Scotland.

Well Jillipop, I've been busy today too! Laundry, and tons of cooking! I did orange chicken from Dashing Dish (great healthy site!) and a big bunch of homemade pasta sauce from lean hamburger, tomato paste, spices and a few baked type goods. Oh yes and baked up two potatoes since I discovered when cold I can cut them up and 'fry' them on the stove for 'fried' potatos! I'm having lots of fun with Simply Filling technique! Truth will be on Tuesday morning when I weigh in! LOL

Anywho, I took pictures of some beads, a few crochet books, and odds and ends and will be loading those onto my destash etsy site.

Have a great rest of your afternoon all! I do NOT do sports so I won't be watching the game! LOL

kuddles

I made some brownies which will go with the ice cream, then chocolate chip cookies, pretzel sandwiches( Hershey kiss in the middle) daughter getting bacon pizza and tacos. Plus we have chips .

Dishes are done I really tried taking it easy today but didn't succeed to well. It's beautiful outside so the Yukon needed cleaned, fence needed fixed,(Tank got out from under the fence to it needed a bar and also put chicken wire down so he couldn't dig) it had to be done because he ran Out in The street and almost got hit. That was a must today. trashed needed taking out, swept the concrete pad in back and helped pick up poo... I know Im suppose to take it easy but how? I feel good that so much got done but back is really feeling it. DONT saying anything I know and I'm sitting right now. I will for the rest of the day.

Sandra, I love it how your N. Ca accent comes in even when you type!!!!!!!!

You got lots done, i didn't do much, made scalloped potatoes and ham for supper, which turned out sooooooo good, but Im sooo thirsty now, lol

Took doggie out for a BIT out of the yard to explore, she is usually only in the fenced yard, when and if she is out, but I got out her leash, and treated her today! All that she does mostly, is sniff , then walk two steps, sniff again for half an hour, etc, lol   but she enjoyed it, I guess.

Im still getting my pattern notes cleaned up, and will try to get those squares in the mail tomorrow, with our new Queenie's UK bound package, and after the squares are mailed to cindy, and dragnlady for testing, I will email the pattern, this is hoping I get it typed by the time the squares reach them, lol, I will work on that,honest.....lol

I am tired of being in the craft room today, working on pattern notes now, so won't try to type tonight, but maybe tomorrow, I will get it done, yes, that sounds do-able.......

Thanks, Katie; unfortunately we're all still feeling kinda rotten here! :( At least it's the weekend - I have a presentation to give at work on Tuesday and I still have to finish preparing the powerpoint on Monday, so I can't stay home sick! (Until Wednesday at least... but I hope I'm feeling better by then!)

I don't think you can send pics by ville PM. I've tried a few times myself and it just doesn't happen! I don't think they'll have too much trouble, though - the samples you shared look exactly like the sorts of notes I take for myself when designing, just so I remember how I did things while making the stuff up, prior to writing it out all proper! :D

I know that virus I had lasted about a month or more...Takes a while to get over it! Yep, I just write, very briefly, so that only probably I can read it to remember how or what I did, when i create, lol so got a little katieshorthand to decypher on them, but got most of that done, now just to type them out for an attachment....

Happy Sunday, Everyone!!

VikingRunnerGirl: So sorry to hear that everyone is still under the weather. Being sick is no fun for anyone!! This is week 5 (I think...it may be week 6) for me, and I'm finally feeling like my old self!! Still have nasal congestion/post nasal drip and a cough, but it's *nothing* compared to what my whole family went through. I'm telling you...orange juice was my saving grace. It was the only thing that I consumed that made me actually feel better as I was drinking it. I literally drank it by the gallons.

Skoggy: Congrats on being the new Queen! I hope you are spoiled rotten!!

Yesterday, I ventured out to Hobby Lobby. Oh, how I wish I had an unlimited budget!! I bought yarn to make squares for our new Queen and for a baby blanket for an old coworker. The color is called Seaspray Ombre. It's a variegated yarn with purples, blues, and whites, and I'm going to crochet it into a star shaped baby blanket. My coworker loves purple, but I didn't want to use just a straight purple, and I'm not much one for stripes, so I really hope that there's enough purple in it. It's hard to tell.

Today, there's laundry on the agenda, and the house needs cleaned. With being sick for so long, I've really let the house go, but I don't know if I want to tackle that job today. I'll probably save that job for next weekend. Oh, and then there's all of that fabulous crocheting time during the Super Bowl!! Anybody doing anything special or making anything yummy for the Super Bowl? We're having left over chili (it's always better the next day), and I'm making popcorn. I know that popcorn doesn't sound special, but for some reason, I find it incredibly charming. I make it on the stove the old fashioned way, and instead of using vegetable oil, I use olive oil, so it give it the most fantastic buttery flavor without adding butter. YUM!!

Alrighty, Squares, I'm off to start the laundry, and maybe even sneak in some crocheting before the Super Bowl!!

ah,h obby lobby, my hang out...That yarn sounds delish, is it new, is it ILTY or Red Heart or??? We aren't sports fans either, so don't watch the "game" but when I went to the grocery earlier, it was deserted in there, lol everyone watching the game I guess.

Well Jillipop, I've been busy today too! Laundry, and tons of cooking! I did orange chicken from Dashing Dish (great healthy site!) and a big bunch of homemade pasta sauce from lean hamburger, tomato paste, spices and a few baked type goods. Oh yes and baked up two potatoes since I discovered when cold I can cut them up and 'fry' them on the stove for 'fried' potatos! I'm having lots of fun with Simply Filling technique! Truth will be on Tuesday morning when I weigh in! LOL

Anywho, I took pictures of some beads, a few crochet books, and odds and ends and will be loading those onto my destash etsy site.

Have a great rest of your afternoon all! I do NOT do sports so I won't be watching the game! LOL

kuddles

wow, you really are "cookin" lady!! I didn't know you could fry baked taters, that sounds like a plan I will have to try! I always  have potatoes in the house, lol Crochet books you say??? well I will go and take a look-see, lol    

well, me tired, slaving over those scribbled notes, and rewritting, and erasing and writting it again, and crocheting what I wrote,,,,,,,,yikes............I will sign off for tonight, Happy February everyone! It's here, it's cold, and winter better just pack it in soon, or we will all vote to remove the season from our schedules! grrr....come on spring!

Archived