Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I'm glad you got your square in good time Anne. The other ones you received are lovely as well. :hug

Migraines are horrid Katy. My ex suffered from them horribley. One day he had a really big one which, in fact, turned out to be a stroke. Not very nice for a 20-something guy to get so early. I really hope you feel better soon.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I am all settled in my new house and ready to jump in again! I have missed heaps, so Happy Birthday to everyone who has had birthdays in the last three months.

I have been putting borders around my squares ready to sew them together. I have finished 5 out of 10. So halfway there. I'll post a pic when I have the first two rows joined. BTW - When I messaged Katy to join I put blues for my colour. I have received some gorgeous pink and purple squares that really stand out amongst my blues so feel free to send other colours too. I'm off to catch up on the posts.

Hi Everyone! Happy Birthday to anyone I have missed in my absence! I want to say that 'villers are the best! I was having another "challenging tummy day" and what is in my mail box? Not 1, but 2 puffies! :cheer Thank you so much to Katie and Emma. You've really made my day! Here are the pics. Sorry they're a bit blurry. My hands are kind of shaky. Also included is the pic I promised of the lovely square Carol sent. I love them all! :c9 Ok, I can't figure out how to write next to the pics, so~the all yellow is from Carol, next to hers is from Emma, and below is from Katie!

Those are very pretty squares.

I hope everyone is feeling better today.

Welcome back Aussie Paula.

It is my last day with students for this school year, tomorrow is a teacher work day and then I will be on summer break with lots of time for crocheting and sewing:cheer:cheer

I'm back!! Finally getting settled in and things are starting to settle down.

Katy I feel your pain. I woke up with a migraine this morning too. Thank you so much for the squares you sent me! :hugThey were sitting on the island when I walked in after driving from PA to OH! It was a lovely surprise !

Happy Birthday to all you lovely ladies out there. I'm going to try to make it to the post office either tomorrow or Friday. Everything here is rather crazy, but I want to get them out before the weekend.

Also, I will be making some squares for Cindy. At least 4.

YAY, glad the move went well, and you are back into the swing of things!! What a wonderful pledge, I know she will be overwhelmed with joy when she comes back on friday from vacation!! :cheer

Yep, I got it and love it! They will all be wonderful additions to my ghan!!! Hope you are feeling better. Migraines are miserable! :hug

thank you so much, and yes today is more bearable, still feel like it could come on again, but as long as i don't do anything too strenuous, I should be ok!! I don't get many, but when i do,,,,,they're horrific!

I'm glad you got your square in good time Anne. The other ones you received are lovely as well. :hug

Migraines are horrid Katy. My ex suffered from them horribley. One day he had a really big one which, in fact, turned out to be a stroke. Not very nice for a 20-something guy to get so early. I really hope you feel better soon.

wow, that's too bad for your ex, sheesh, whod'a thunk! I do feel a bit more like myself today, even got myself out to the Post office, and posted a few puffys!!!! that always cheers me up!

Hi everyone! I am all settled in my new house and ready to jump in again! I have missed heaps, so Happy Birthday to everyone who has had birthdays in the last three months.

I have been putting borders around my squares ready to sew them together. I have finished 5 out of 10. So halfway there. I'll post a pic when I have the first two rows joined. BTW - When I messaged Katy to join I put blues for my colour. I have received some gorgeous pink and purple squares that really stand out amongst my blues so feel free to send other colours too. I'm off to catch up on the posts.

she's baccccccck!!!! Welcome back Paula, you are added back in, so do you want to me change your listing to other colors too, ha ha ha? I have never met a granny that was'nt pretty, Im serious, you can't make an ugly color combination granny, unless probably you really really try, cause Ive not seen any!!

Ok, well, Im off to the crochet room to see what I can find that is easy and will keep my mind off my headahe a bit, happy hookin' all!! :clap

Did you move to OHIO.....

I'm back!! Finally getting settled in and things are starting to settle down.

Katy I feel your pain. I woke up with a migraine this morning too. Thank you so much for the squares you sent me! :hugThey were sitting on the island when I walked in after driving from PA to OH! It was a lovely surprise !

Happy Birthday to all you lovely ladies out there. I'm going to try to make it to the post office either tomorrow or Friday. Everything here is rather crazy, but I want to get them out before the weekend.

Also, I will be making some squares for Cindy. At least 4.

:hotwell i have my feelers out for some more addresses, so be checking in now and then to see if it's your turn! Headache is all but totally gone, still a tiny scrap of it left, but nothing at all like full force, that was a killer!

Posted out today some puffys, didn't seem to crochet much today, thought it might strain my eyes or something again, and start that dreadful migraine back up, so took it easy...

Ok, well, have a great evening, tomorrow is FRIDAY for those that work, and gonna be another hot one here, seems we are in a heat wave at the moment, but then again, it is june in Nebraska, ha ha ha.........take care all...................

Well my goal was a post office run on Friday and I think I'm going to be ready with 6 puffies!! Yahoo!

I've decided to work in two week increments and then mail out on Fridays.

Man, routine much? Yes, I'm a scheduler.:blush

Cshort, I'll post a pic of the lovely square you sent me in a bit. :c9

I dug around and got my squares out on the dining room table and I'm so excited to see them coming together!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hiya all

Just checking in as I haven't been very active this week.

I find myself horribley lacking in funds this month. Can't even afford any new yarns. But whats worse is that its Felicia's 1st first birthday in exactly 1 month and I'm struggling to even sort something out for that. Luckily we don't have any friends up here so no need to throw a party. Just going to do a little tea party around my Moms house with Mom, Stepdad, Sister and her 2 boys (aged 1 and 3). I love baking so I'll be making cakes instead of buying them. Going to do a Ladybug cake for her as one of her nicknames is Mamma's Little Ladybug (or just Buggy).

Hope everyone else is well and those in the process of moving house, or have just moved, are ok and managing to maintain something close to being stress-free. :)

Big :hug to you all.

Well my goal was a post office run on Friday and I think I'm going to be ready with 6 puffies!! Yahoo!

I've decided to work in two week increments and then mail out on Fridays.

Man, routine much? Yes, I'm a scheduler.:blush

Cshort, I'll post a pic of the lovely square you sent me in a bit. :c9

I dug around and got my squares out on the dining room table and I'm so excited to see them coming together!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I'm glad you like the square. And I very much like routine too, it's part of the reason I work well with autistic children:lol

I can't even imagine not being able to crochet.

:hotwell i have my feelers out for some more addresses, so be checking in now and then to see if it's your turn! Headache is all but totally gone, still a tiny scrap of it left, but nothing at all like full force, that was a killer!

Posted out today some puffys, didn't seem to crochet much today, thought it might strain my eyes or something again, and start that dreadful migraine back up, so took it easy...

Ok, well, have a great evening, tomorrow is FRIDAY for those that work, and gonna be another hot one here, seems we are in a heat wave at the moment, but then again, it is june in Nebraska, ha ha ha.........take care all...................

I can't even imagine not being able to crochet.

oh i hear ya that! i DID piddle a bit, sorting a couple bins of yarn and such, which took the edge off my withdrawl, and not knowing what to do with myself! But nothing to strenuous, lol I feel better today, I would venture a guess and say, it has all but passed for the most part, till next time, nothing really seems to trigger it, and it doesn't happen too often, i think the last time was about 8 months ago, so I just guess i have to put up with it now and again!

Got two small boxes today, from a friend, cleaning out her craft room! I get her left overs, yay.:cheer Several items I will be able to use, several, i will pass on to someone else maybe, we;ll see, not all sorted as of yet....

Well, hope you are all keeping cool, it's pretty warm here, staying in for the day, just ran out for one thing, and right back home in the cool! Take care all!!!! :whew

Updates needed!!!!

It is so helpful when you update your signature line....to what you have received & what you still need. If you don't know how....ASK? Its really easy to do, and may help you to receive what you need.

I would love to see some of these blankets completed.

With that being said I need 28 more 6 inch squares to have my friendship blanket completed. How many do you need?

Kimgoodie

Did you move to OHIO.....

Yes I moved to Brunswick, OH. I grew up here.

Updates needed!!!!

It is so helpful when you update your signature line....to what you have received & what you still need. If you don't know how....ASK? Its really easy to do, and may help you to receive what you need.

I would love to see some of these blankets completed.

With that being said I need 28 more 6 inch squares to have my friendship blanket completed. How many do you need?

Kimgoodie

What's the average size everyone is making their afghans?

Good morning! HOT here this weekend, in the 90s! Yikes! Will be using the pool here in the complex today for the first time!

Regarding number of squares: I have received 8, so I need at least 40 more.....

Have a great day all!

kuddles

oh great idea!:clap That helps people a lot, and whomever is next months Biggest Square, we will certainly number our pledges, to fit the amount still needed! Good idea, glad Kim brought that up, thanks Kim! :hug

oh, i still am not collecting, but that may change soon, thinking of doing a cotton one,,,,,,I dunno, just for fun, those of you that have done cotton ghans, do they turn out nicely?? Do they wear and wash well?? Do they hold their shape, and not get all stretchy and puckered, do you like them, what is the biggest advantage you can think of for doing a ghan in all cotton squares other than avoiding any possible alergy probls. ?????????

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!:think

thank you Katy for the 2 squares. they are very pretty.

I received one in blues and one in greens. they will make a nice addition to my ghan

I will pull all my squares out and see how many I have/need soon. I hope to start working on squares even if its on my lunch time at work.

Archived