Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

thank you Katy for the 2 squares. they are very pretty.

I received one in blues and one in greens. they will make a nice addition to my ghan

I will pull all my squares out and see how many I have/need soon. I hope to start working on squares even if its on my lunch time at work.

yay~ and your welcome!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive thank you to Kimgoodie for the square I received today! I love the pattern! :hug

And, as per previous posts, receiving Kim's square today means I only need 11 more squares for Felicia's ghan! It's going to be a belated birthday present from my C'ville friends for her (bday is 10th July so it will be very belated :lol but its the thought that counts). Also, katyallen8090, could you change my request on the list to say something like: no more pinks please. The squares I've received have been lovely but a few more purples and other "girly" pastel colours would be great. :)

thank you Katy for the 2 squares. they are very pretty.

I received one in blues and one in greens. they will make a nice addition to my ghan

I will pull all my squares out and see how many I have/need soon. I hope to start working on squares even if its on my lunch time at work.

yay, youre quite welcome.!!

Massive thank you to Kimgoodie for the square I received today! I love the pattern! :hug

And, as per previous posts, receiving Kim's square today means I only need 11 more squares for Felicia's ghan! It's going to be a belated birthday present from my C'ville friends for her (bday is 10th July so it will be very belated :lol but its the thought that counts). Also, katyallen8090, could you change my request on the list to say something like: no more pinks please. The squares I've received have been lovely but a few more purples and other "girly" pastel colours would be great. :)

tis done! Reads no more pinks needed :hug

I had pics to post but until the server move is complete we can't do that. :(

So I'll try again in a day or two.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend.

Hi. I would like to join the cal if I may. I am looking for 6" or 12" squares in ww yarn for an afghan I am making my dd. I would like purple, blue, & cream colors or any combination of these. I'm not the least bit picky about the pattern. Her bed is a queen size and I don't know how many I will need.

I would also like 6" or 12" squares in seascape colors - blues, greens, corals, tans, etc. for my afghan. My bed is a king size and, again, I don't know how many I will need.

Thanks so much! :hug

HI Katie:

I want to say thank you for my very first 2 squares i recieved this week from you for my collections of squares...

I will take photo this week and post here..

Hugs

Lillibet

You have been added Christie, and welcome to our granny cal! How ambitious to be making two! Do you have a start on either, or are you just starting to collect squares?? Hope you enjoy it here, we're a good bunch!:hug

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am just starting to collect the squares for both. I am redoing dd's bedroom for her sixteenth birthday so I want to make the afghan to go in the new room. Her birthday is June 17 so the afghan will be a treat to add in much later, but I think it will really complete the room. :)

Welcome Kraftynkrazy! Trying to get some stuff organized so I can go to the PO tomorrow. Will have to read back through the thread to catch up here too! This place is hoppin'! :D

Hi. I would like to join the cal if I may. I am looking for 6" or 12" squares in ww yarn for an afghan I am making my dd. I would like purple, blue, & cream colors or any combination of these. I'm not the least bit picky about the pattern. Her bed is a queen size and I don't know how many I will need.

I would also like 6" or 12" squares in seascape colors - blues, greens, corals, tans, etc. for my afghan. My bed is a king size and, again, I don't know how many I will need.

WELCOME!!!!

The seascape colors is a great idea! I'm sure it will be great.

I need to revisit the list and see who got added. Need to start a fresh pile for a Friday post. :crocheting

HI Katie:

I want to say thank you for my very first 2 squares i recieved this week from you for my collections of squares...

I will take photo this week and post here..

Hugs

Lillibet

certainly welcome Lillibet, Im trying to get everyone at least a couple!

Welcome Kraftynkrazy! Trying to get some stuff organized so I can go to the PO tomorrow. Will have to read back through the thread to catch up here too! This place is hoppin'! :D

Hoppin' like a bunny!! :rabbit:rabbit:rabbit

Got my squares Thank you katyallen!! I'd post a pic but it seems my computer has decided to fry itself (the cpu fan seems to have given out)

yay! From what I understand,pics aren't uploading till something gets fixed, so just as well, but glad you recieved them!! :cheer

In other news.......

Five PUFFIES AWAY, this am! keep your eyes on the old mailbox!!!! :hug

Updates needed!!!!

It is so helpful when you update your signature line....to what you have received & what you still need. If you don't know how....ASK? Its really easy to do, and may help you to receive what you need.

I would love to see some of these blankets completed.

With that being said I need 28 more 6 inch squares to have my friendship blanket completed. How many do you need?

Kimgoodie

I sometimes wish we had kept a section for photos of completed ones so they would have been all together (I don't know if that is even possible) or at least kept the names on the list noting those having received enough squares.

oh great idea!:clap That helps people a lot, and whomever is next months Biggest Square, we will certainly number our pledges, to fit the amount still needed! Good idea, glad Kim brought that up, thanks Kim! :hug

oh, i still am not collecting, but that may change soon, thinking of doing a cotton one,,,,,,I dunno, just for fun, those of you that have done cotton ghans, do they turn out nicely?? Do they wear and wash well?? Do they hold their shape, and not get all stretchy and puckered, do you like them, what is the biggest advantage you can think of for doing a ghan in all cotton squares other than avoiding any possible alergy probls. ?????????

thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!:think

Sue did hers in cotton and made it large enough to go on her bed. Seems like she said it was awfully heavy (weight wise). It will be interesting to see what others have to say.

Glad to see you decided to join us.:cheer

yes, would be nice to know at a glance, but if ever in doubt on anything about the square you are making as long as you are emailing them anyway, I would just ask,how manymore they think they need, or if this color is ok, or yada yada, as long as you are emailing,why not clear it all up in one shot,lol I read somewhere here on the ville posted by Donna I think that there is a problem with getting our pics on,and they are aware of it, and working on it..........hope it's soon.!

Archived