Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you Bubbe! My beautiful square arrived yesterday, I just didn't have a chance to get here last night.

glad you like it! :)

Whew! That was a chore, cutting all those papers with names on them, and putting in a hat, but......I got a name!!!!!! It's.. (drum roll)

oh wait, can't say yet,;) I have a pm in to her for acceptance, and then when she accepts the honor, I will post her name and any special preferences she may have, and it would be great if she told me how many she needed to finish her ghan, so we have something to work towards! SO, for now, we wait, we twiddle our thumbs, pace, wring our hands and wait!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for her name as soon as I hear back from her, i will post, so we can all get started!!!!!:clap:clapIf I don't hear from her within a couple days, we will just go ahead with it, and when she comes back in, she will certainly be surprised.

Ooohhh....the suspense!!!!

Hi, still no word, but I really don't wanna waste any more time that we could be crocheting her a square or two, The Biggest Square of June is...........

CindysSweetThings!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap SOooooooooooo check out her preferences on the list, and those that can, get to hookin! She will be so surprised! We have the entire month of June to get her a square or more if you are inclined.:clap I think I read somewhere, on her sig or her profile, that she is not needing anymore 12 inch squares, but anything else even,such as 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 inch squares are welcome!! thanks for your patience everyone, I just couldnt' make myself wait any longer! :devil

:ghug:birthday:bday BRENDA!!! :bday:birthday:ghug

katyallen, i finally got the package you sent me!!!!! i LOVE the squares!!!!! thank you so much! :manyheart:hug

i hope everyone is doing well! thankfully, i am feeling a little better after my 2 weeks out, so no worries there :)

super :hugs for all!

:ghug:birthday:bday BRENDA!!! :bday:birthday:ghug

katyallen, i finally got the package you sent me!!!!! i LOVE the squares!!!!! thank you so much! :manyheart:hug

i hope everyone is doing well! thankfully, i am feeling a little better after my 2 weeks out, so no worries there :)

super :hugs for all!

Oh good, glad you liked them!!!!!!! Feel better soon!!!!!!!!!

Usually not on the pc much on the weekends as i work all week on it and try to stay away for the weekends..LOL

Belated Happy Birthdays Brenda and Fiona

:bday:bday

I hear ya!!

Im going to start the ball rolling, or the hooks hooking here and pledge to the Biggest Square of the month,,,,CindysSweetThings!!:cheer:cheer , I pledge at least four 6 inch squares!!!!!! I mean we have all month!!

You can do four inch, 6 inch or even 8 inches, or ten " or two inches, but I don't see how 2 inches would work, oh yeah i do, if she wants to put them together, duh me! :think ok I have pledged the first squares to our BIggest Square of the month!!!!!! Anyone wanna join me up here on Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook, where ya be!!!!!!!:devil

Im going to start the ball rolling, or the hooks hooking here and pledge to the Biggest Square of the month,,,,CindysSweethings!!:cheer:cheer , I pledge at least four 6 inch squares!!!!!! I mean we have all month!!

You can do four inch, 6 inch or even 8 inches, or two inches, but I don't see how 2 inches would work, oh yeah i do, if she wants to put them together, duh me! :think ok I have pledged the first squares to our BIggest Square of the month!!!!!! Anyone wanna join me up here on Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook, where ya be!!!!!!!:devil

Congrats CindysSweethings !! I pledge atleast 4 squares as well :hook Ill PM you for your address :)

correction...:think

Its CindysSweetThings........two s's, and two t's.....I posted it right on the list, and wrong in my post up there but,,,,,,I stand corrected. I hope she comes online soon!! ha ha. have fun, thanks for the pledge Immafreek!!! That's the way to do it!! :cheer:clap

Ok, we got two playing now, does anyone else wanna jump in?????? he he he.:yay

It may be your turn next month you know.......bu ahh haa haa!! It's great up here on Yarn Hill, the view goes on forever, all those grannys!!!!!!!! wow! ;):chook

Im going to start the ball rolling, or the hooks hooking here and pledge to the Biggest Square of the month,,,,CindysSweetThings!!:cheer:cheer , I pledge at least four 6 inch squares!!!!!! I mean we have all month!!

You can do four inch, 6 inch or even 8 inches, or two inches, but I don't see how 2 inches would work, oh yeah i do, if she wants to put them together, duh me! :think ok I have pledged the first squares to our BIggest Square of the month!!!!!! Anyone wanna join me up here on Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook, where ya be!!!!!!!:devil

I can pledge at least one... possibly 6 inch two. Working hard so I can get certified next week. Didn't know when I started that Baristas at Starbucks had to be certified. Not to worried about making the actually drinks though but I tend to overthink things. I have tomorrow off :yay and I intend to get some hookin' in! :lol I've barely done any in weeks and it's making me sad :( Gonna check yarn stash for CindysSweetThings now! :D

I can pledge at least one... possibly 6 inch two. Working hard so I can get certified next week. Didn't know when I started that Baristas at Starbucks had to be certified. Not to worried about making the actually drinks though but I tend to overthink things. I have tomorrow off :yay and I intend to get some hookin' in! :lol I've barely done any in weeks and it's making me sad :( Gonna check yarn stash for CindysSweetThings now! :D

woo hoo!! thanks for the pledge!! Hope your certification goes wonderfully, and take some time for you tomorrow! Well, you and you know, your hook, he he he! Thanks! :hook

You can do four inch, 6 inch or even 8 inches, or two inches, but I don't see how 2 inches would work, oh yeah i do, if she wants to put them together, duh me! :think ok I have pledged the first squares to our BIggest Square of the month!!!!!! Anyone wanna join me up here on Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook, where ya be!!!!!!!:devil

ME I WANNA PLAY!!!! :clap

I pledge 2, 8" squares! :hook

Yarn Hill sounds like a great place. I have 2 squares done and plan to do a couple more before I mail the package.

ooh, i see what you mean, i read it in her siggy too that way, and I think it means any 2 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch , 8 inch or 10 inch, as she states in her siggy, she didn't need any more 12 inchers......sorry for the misunderstanding, i think I will change that in the list, ha ha, thanks for letting me know!

This sounds like she only needs 2-12"

oh so Sorry I took it off the old list.. tis corrected now!

ME I WANNA PLAY!!!! :clap

I pledge 2, 8" squares! :hook

YAY, now we're cookin'!! or should that read Hookin"!!! :cheer

woo hoo

I'll pledge a collection of 4 2inchers for Cindy :)

Oh gotta tell ya, this is like the first time I ever made 4 inchers, and they are fun, and darling!!!!!!! Good for you!! Thank to all participating! :clap

Yarn Hill sounds like a great place. I have 2 squares done and plan to do a couple more before I mail the package.

Another :clap Resident on Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!!!

If I can sort out my yarn in my new digs (meaning find some), I'll also send her a few squares!

kuddles

Aw, thank you kuddles, you da best!!!!!!!! :cheer

I have an email, and a pm into cindy as of today, and you know, some people check their mail first, so hoping she sees it soon, and comes in and visits us!! I personally might hold off mailing, till we can reach her, but I know she's out there, lol patience katie, something I stood in line for when they were passing it out, but got tired of waiting and moved on to something else I guess!! :lol:lol:hug

Archived