Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Welcome to Estee!

Katy, thanks now you really are making me want to get to HL to see if I can get more marked down yarn! Bad Katy, bad!

Thanks for the well wishes with the move! Can't wait for it to be done, and I'm sitting in my open condo letting the breeze run through...and crocheting on the balcony with trees all around....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

kuddles

wow, sounds almost tropical! Ive never been Chicago way, but my daughter sure has! She liked it, she stayed with friends there, for a week or two, in the burbs! Raved about the sausages!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you Sharon (SharonB551) for the wonderful bright yellow cotton square I received in the mail yesterday! Woot! Thank you friend!

Now where is the picture you might ask......well cameras are all packed away for the move next weekend so .....

kuddles

You are welcome. Don't worry about the picture on my behalf - moving is hard enough without having to worry about little details like that. Hope everything goes smoothly for you:)

There's no place like home.

Please welcome Estee, to our group! She prefers bright colors, green, blue, oranges, and purples are great, any size, as she will find a place for them!! Welcome Estee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:clap

wow, sounds almost tropical! Ive never been Chicago way, but my daughter sure has! She liked it, she stayed with friends there, for a week or two, in the burbs! Raved about the sausages!

You know, this condo complex is right next to a forest preserve (only in the burbs!) and there are tons of trees throughout! Today it would sure be tropical - hitting 90 today! Supposed to hit 97 on Sunday! What the what??

You are welcome. Don't worry about the picture on my behalf - moving is hard enough without having to worry about little details like that. Hope everything goes smoothly for you:)

Oh thanks for understanding! And thanks for your well wishes! I'll use all I can get till this move is over!

kuddles

Hello ladies! I'm back! :hi:cheer

So many posts to comment on so I shalt bother quoting every single one :lol

Welcome to all the new people that have joined in the great CAL. Its great to see you and look forward to reading your posts.

Hello and Welcome back to the other membesr who have finally found their way to the new thread!

There have been some lovely squares being received. Myself and Felicia received a lovely couple of squares from katyallen8090 today. Thank you, they are lovely! Will post a pic once I can find the camera! Waiting until tomorrow to post out a couple of puffies to some people. Yay! I love this CAL!!!!

The move went great and it is so nice to finally be out from my Mums house. Sure, we've only been there since January but it was getting a bit tense with 4 adults and an 11 month old. We've found ourselves a lovely little apartment and now comes the fun of making it our own. I tried not to do too much but no.2 has been telling me that I did too much over the weekend. Had a midwife appointment today and heard its heartbeat for the first time... always a special moment. :manyheart We find out what it is on the June 19th, not long now. :)

Anyway, I've missed you whilst I've been away and glad to be back! :hug

Please welcome Estee, to our group! She prefers bright colors, green, blue, oranges, and purples are great, any size, as she will find a place for them!! Welcome Estee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:clap

Welcome to the fun!

I'm sorry....but this sounded like an 80's intro....

Please welcome Estee, to our group! She prefers bright colors, green, blue, oranges, and purples are great, any size, she is a Virgo and loves long walks on the beach.

:lol LOVE IT!!! And welcome Estee!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap

Please welcome Estee, to our group! She prefers bright colors, green, blue, oranges, and purples are great, any size, she is a Virgo and loves long walks on the beach.

:laughroll

Welcome Estee!

Ohh, you will have to let us know when you find out Emma.

Brains fried from learning all the drink recipes at work that I haven't even thought of crochet. Have some time off this weekend I'm hoping to atleast do one square. Have a great day all! :hug

Thanks to katyallen8090 for the two lovely squares I received on Tuesday! :hug They're lovely! I'll post pics this weekend hopefully. I helped my parents move out last weekend and now all of my stuff is moving to the master bedroom and my longtime love is moving in. It's all been a bit crazy, plus it seems like all my friends are having babies so I have two baby blankets and a bunch of ami to make! I'm hoping to get a square or two squeezed in over the weekend so I can get them out! :hook

I swear to you, I almost added. Estee loves walks in the rain, and quiet moonlit nights!!!!!!!!!! dang!!!!!

Woo Hoo! Next up, me for moving!

Glad you are back!

kuddles

we'll get y a through kuddles!!

Hello ladies! I'm back! :hi:cheer

So many posts to comment on so I shalt bother quoting every single one :lol

Welcome to all the new people that have joined in the great CAL. Its great to see you and look forward to reading your posts.

Hello and Welcome back to the other membesr who have finally found their way to the new thread!

There have been some lovely squares being received. Myself and Felicia received a lovely couple of squares from katyallen8090 today. Thank you, they are lovely! Will post a pic once I can find the camera! Waiting until tomorrow to post out a couple of puffies to some people. Yay! I love this CAL!!!!

The move went great and it is so nice to finally be out from my Mums house. Sure, we've only been there since January but it was getting a bit tense with 4 adults and an 11 month old. We've found ourselves a lovely little apartment and now comes the fun of making it our own. I tried not to do too much but no.2 has been telling me that I did too much over the weekend. Had a midwife appointment today and heard its heartbeat for the first time... always a special moment. :manyheart We find out what it is on the June 19th, not long now. :)

Anyway, I've missed you whilst I've been away and glad to be back! :hug

welcome back emma! Tell us on June 19th when you find out, any guesses anyone, Im thinking a boy!

Plugging along on some 12" squares....:crocheting

Hope to get a batch ready by Saturday. :clap

You are a go getter, tackling 12 inchers, I don't usually do those unless I need to! lol good luck!

Thanks katyallen8090 for the two lovely squares. The picture I took does not do them justice.

These are so pretty. I love variegated yarn!! :c9

I'm also going to be moving next week, so I will no longer be at my PA address. Crazy thing is, this is temporary, so we'll be moving AGAIN before the year's out. For the third time... :( but I'll finally be able to have all my stuff!!

Morning everyone! Raining here this am,:2rain most of the day probably, that's ok, don't mind a rainy day now and then, just makes us appreciate the sunny warm ones more!! Hope you all have a great day, and a great memorial day weekend as well, and take some time to remember those that gave their all for our freedom....:remember:rose

On to more news, got a few addresses and will be sending out more squares, next week sometime, and really has been a quick process getting addresses! I thought in the beginning, oh sheesh, we'll all have to wait a week or so, after our requests, gonna slow things down, but it hasn't, least not in my case. I just ask for addresses a few days before Im gonna mail, and when Im ready, boom , it's a go! So thanks all for that and your quick responses!!!!!!!! have a good one!!!! katie!~

Katyallen!!! I got two pretties in the mail today!!! And let me tell you - I needed them SO MUCH!!!! They are lovely.

I'll post pictures later cuz I'm so excited about them...Especially the variegated one. It looks like confetti!!!!! How fun!!!!

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Thanks to katyallen8090 for the two lovely squares I received on Tuesday! :hug They're lovely! I'll post pics this weekend hopefully. I helped my parents move out last weekend and now all of my stuff is moving to the master bedroom and my longtime love is moving in. It's all been a bit crazy, plus it seems like all my friends are having babies so I have two baby blankets and a bunch of ami to make! I'm hoping to get a square or two squeezed in over the weekend so I can get them out! :hook

These are so pretty. I love variegated yarn!! :c9

I'm also going to be moving next week, so I will no longer be at my PA address. Crazy thing is, this is temporary, so we'll be moving AGAIN before the year's out. For the third time... :( but I'll finally be able to have all my stuff!!

Katyallen!!! I got two pretties in the mail today!!! And let me tell you - I needed them SO MUCH!!!! They are lovely.

I'll post pictures later cuz I'm so excited about them...Especially the variegated one. It looks like confetti!!!!! How fun!!!!

:hug:hug:hug:hug

welcome to all of you that recieved sqaures from me!! Ireally had a ball making them! More will be posting out next week, after the holiday, and I will check in daily, just to make sure Im not missing something! lol Happy Memorial Day weekend all, bbqs, family, nice weather, all that jazz, and most of all, a time to thank those in all branches of the service, past, and present!!

Archived