Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi gals! A dreary, cold and wet day here in Chicagoland!

My big move is Saturday, finally! After that, look out! I'm going to be sending puffies!

Have a great rest of your day all!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I cannot wait to get started!

Welcome!!!!:cheer

FINALLY got the three squares out. Just been one of those weeks....didn't get nearly enough done. But...onward!

Welcome Snookie!!! Been so brain tired from work but things are starting to get easier. I love my job even though its just a simple one! I really like the people I work with which helps a ton! Anyway! I received a square today in my ROAK summer package! I love it. I can't say who it's from other than a wonderful FGM in TX! Thank you so much!!

post-48941-135897762055_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I cannot wait to get started!

Yay! another "Square" added to the mix!! :cheer

Managed to get one of my puffies out in the post today. Better that than nothing at the moment. :hug

Poor girl, you have enough on your plate, and still manage to get a puffy out!!! :manyheart

Hi gals! A dreary, cold and wet day here in Chicagoland!

My big move is Saturday, finally! After that, look out! I'm going to be sending puffies!

Have a great rest of your day all!

kuddles

Wow, wetish here too, just clouds at the moment,and chilly actually, supposed to be 45 in the am,....unheard of for JUNE!! he he he...Good luck with that move, it's always such an adventure!!

Welcome!!!!:cheer

FINALLY got the three squares out. Just been one of those weeks....didn't get nearly enough done. But...onward!

Wow,:clapand me too, in all the excitement of reading how much you are all accomplishing, I forget to mention,,,,,, I too send out FOUR puffies today, so heads up ladies, mail is a comin!! I also got responses from those that will be posted out next week for their address, the Granny Fairy will be so happy, and her boss, the AfghanQueen, will not ground her now that she has her deliveries confirmed!!!!!!!!!! Ah we crochet another square, and look to the yarn for inspiration!! :crocheting:hug

Hey!! Welcome Snookie000!! I too will be moving Saturday. As usual, tomorrow will be a mad rush to finish it all at the last moment, but at least I spent a good deal of time carefully packing my yarn and crochet stuff. It's in my car, so it'll be easily accessible. Then I have squares to send out once I arrive. And more squares to make!

Hey!! Welcome Snookie000!! I too will be moving Saturday. As usual, tomorrow will be a mad rush to finish it all at the last moment, but at least I spent a good deal of time carefully packing my yarn and crochet stuff. It's in my car, so it'll be easily accessible. Then I have squares to send out once I arrive. And more squares to make!

Wow another mover and shaker! Good to hear your YARN was your first priority, ha ha ha! Good luck with the move!! :hug

Also, forgot to add, jumped the gun, as I know I won't make it till midnight tonight to clean the list up, so did it a bit ago! Whenver you get a chance, make sure the info listed is right,might be some typos or something I missed, ha ha! Other than that, we have a new clean working list! I can already see those squares being thought of and put together in our heads!!!!!! Have a nice evening everyone!

UGH!!! Moving. We did that this past Nov. We had been in one house for 17 years. I can't even remember how many yard sale items, Craig's List items and trips to Goodwill went out. I've still got boxes up stairs that I haven't unpacked. It just never ends.

Happy Birthday Fiona!!! Hope you have a great day! :hug

By the way, great job on post #1 katie! Very neat and tidy. :tup

:cheer:cheerHappy birthday, Mumbles!!!! :cheer:cheer

Still haven't had any sort of time to make a square. :blush I swear nobody here has been forgotten about, but I didn't remember how much hard work moving is!! I haven't even had time to work on all the baby afghans that I've got requests for!

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm really hoping to get some squares made in the next week so I can hit the post office next Saturday. :crocheting

:cheer:cheerHappy birthday, Mumbles!!!! :cheer:cheer

Still haven't had any sort of time to make a square. :blush I swear nobody here has been forgotten about, but I didn't remember how much hard work moving is!! I haven't even had time to work on all the baby afghans that I've got requests for!

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm really hoping to get some squares made in the next week so I can hit the post office next Saturday. :crocheting

Poor thing, moving is no easy job! Good luck! :hug

Thank you Bubbe! My beautiful square arrived yesterday, I just didn't have a chance to get here last night.

That is just a loverly square!!!!!

:hook

Hi all!

Please check the first post, we are revised, and have a true working list to pm or email our recipients! So many moving, it's unbelievable, Im glad Im staying put! Moving is not an easy or a fun thing to do, so all those that are doing it, or have recently,,good luck! When you get moved,and settled in, things will lighten up!

More requests from me are going out for addresses, I think Im very close to having gotten to everyone on the new list! Just will mail a few a week, so as not to throw the post office, or my bank account into a tizzy!! Look for those pm's, and have a great weekend all!!:yes

Oh, forgot to mention, I will be choosing a random member, (names in a hat!) for the BIGGEST SQUARE OF THE MONTH!! tomorrow!! The lucky winner will be showered with squares from anyone here that can during the month of June! Hopefully to get one of our members on the road to getting her ghan completed!

:clap

SO, keep on reading, the announcement will be tomorrow sometime, and the recipient notified, then posted here!!!!!!!! :)

I can't wait to see who it will be, our first Square of the Month, what an honor! If this goes well, we will try to do it every month, picking a new " Biggest Square" of the month "to honor with squares! :cheer

Hope you all like this idea, I think it will be fun, and at the same time, one lucky person can count on getting several squares or even more for sure that month! (you can still send out to whomever you want also, during the month, business as usual, ha ha) Ok, Im off to cut up little papers with everyones names on them, and find my granny square hat to put them in for tomorrow!!!!!!!! GOOd luck everyone! :manyheart

:cheer Fabulous Idea!!! I can't wait unit tomorrow to see who the lucky winner is!!!

Great idea! Can't wait to see who it is. (Secretly I hope its me ofcourse :lol) Who ever it is, its going to be great. I just hope I have the colours :D

Whew! That was a chore, cutting all those papers with names on them, and putting in a hat, but......I got a name!!!!!! It's.. (drum roll)

oh wait, can't say yet,;) I have a pm in to her for acceptance, and then when she accepts the honor, I will post her name and any special preferences she may have, and it would be great if she told me how many she needed to finish her ghan, so we have something to work towards! SO, for now, we wait, we twiddle our thumbs, pace, wring our hands and wait!!!!!!!! Stay tuned for her name as soon as I hear back from her, i will post, so we can all get started!!!!!:clap:clapIf I don't hear from her within a couple days, we will just go ahead with it, and when she comes back in, she will certainly be surprised.

Archived