Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats kuddlekubs on winning the tissue cover. I mailed out some squares today. Nira & cshort be watching your mailbox. cshort if you don't get yours soon let me know. This is the second time I've mailed out to you they keep sending it back. I sent it to the address you pm'd me with so I've got my fingers crossed that it makes it to you this time. I have a question. I know I have asked before but how do you add a link to a thread in the signature line. I tried to change the link to this thread and as you can see in my signature I messed it up. Help please!

I recieved a puffy envie today. THANK YOU katyallen8090. My first squares they are so beautiful.
ohhh they are starting to arrive, I love doing 6 inch, 8 are my second choice, and 12's, well, lets just say, only when i gotta, lol ! Glad they arrived, and you liked them mama!!

Naw, they are going to LOVE seeing you. :lol :lol :lol:P :P More money for the PO..:D :D

Oh i know!! we're on a first name basis lol

congrats kuddlekubs on winning the tissue cover. I mailed out some squares today. Nira & cshort be watching your mailbox. cshort if you don't get yours soon let me know. This is the second time I've mailed out to you they keep sending it back. I sent it to the address you pm'd me with so I've got my fingers crossed that it makes it to you this time. I have a question. I know I have asked before but how do you add a link to a thread in the signature line. I tried to change the link to this thread and as you can see in my signature I messed it up. Help please!

(your link worked for me! )

Let me try to explain it.....FIrst at the top of this page, in the blue bar, far left, are the words, user cp click on that. A long drop down box will appear with the words Your Control Panel . Then look third subject down under settings and options......click on edit signature. Your current info will come up, make the necessary changes, and when you are satisfied with your changes click on save signature at the bottom of the box you are typing in.

Do make sure to cilck on save, or it wont' reflect your changes. then simply return to the page you like, and your sig will be changed ! My experience says, it changes all your signatures, in every post, least it did mine! ok hope that helps, hope I didn't confuse you too too much! lol :hug

:cheer:cheer:cheer

congrats Amanda....We were all cheering for you

Good luck with your moves Emma and kuddlekubs! I hate moving and I've done more than I'd like. Well, I got the job. Start Tuesday. I'll be working at the Starbucks in our local safeway. :yay for coffee!

I hope you feel better soon Ann

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been around. I haven't been feeling so good and have stayed off the 'ville pretty much. Not getting hardly any crocheting done either. I hope to get back into getting some squares made soon!

Thank you Katie for the really pretty square i got today!!!

It couldn't have come on a better day as I was having one of those days today--it was the brightest spot!!!

Thank you!!!:hug

Thank you Katie for the really pretty square i got today!!!

It couldn't have come on a better day as I was having one of those days today--it was the brightest spot!!!

Thank you!!!:hug

aw, thats sweet, and your'e so welcome!

aw, so sorry about the job,but I sure understand how life gets once in a while. Wishing you the best of luck, and so glad you are staying with us! When I first read your post, i thought, oh no, she's quitting the CAL, but then re read it, and I think you mean the job, which is bad enough, but the CAL??? would be worse! HA HA!!

No way!! I LOVE this CAL! I'll keep everyone updated. It looks like we'll probably being staying with my mom when we move until we find a place to live. Going to buy. I can't wait!! All of our stuff has been packed since December, and in storage and I just want my own stuff back! I'm also planning a craft room. Really can't wait.

Sure sad to hear about the job hassles, Kim. I hope things get better you all real soon. It's always hard when you have to change jobs and move, all at the same time . . . such a booger.

Hope you get a chance to show us a pic of your friend's baby-ghan, too ~ I'm sure it's just beautiful.

Thanks! :hug I will include it in this post.

Hi all! :clap

Yes I won Katy's wonderful fantastic giveaway and it will go right into the condo I'm moving into! :cheer

Katy, you made my day girl! :manyheart

Thanks!

kuddles

Congrats!!

I recieved a puffy envie today. THANK YOU katyallen8090. My first squares they are so beautiful.

Very Pretty!

Look what was in my mailbox today. Thank you Katyallen8090! I love them!

Beautiful!

post-54847-13589776016_thumb.jpg

post-54847-135897760164_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies:

I have decided to join this cal and i have pm'd Katy my size wanted but i will put it here too ...

I want to collect 6 inch squares in any colors and beleive me if you got scraps of yarns you can use them for my squares as i want to put together squares to make pet mats to donate to local animal hospital so i figured this will be a great way..

Please NO WOOL nor Wool blen yarn squares...

ThankYou and i will be mailing some squares too as time allows...

hugs

Lillibet

Hi Ladies:

I have decided to join this cal and i have pm'd Katy my size wanted but i will put it here too ...

I want to collect 6 inch squares in any colors and beleive me if you got scraps of yarns you can use them for my squares as i want to put together squares to make pet mats to donate to local animal hospital so i figured this will be a great way..

hugs

Lillibet

welcome MooMooo, good to hear from you , and glad you are joining us!! I will post your info, and look forward to seeing you here on the thread!!

Edited to add, no caron simply soft please either.

I got a puffy recently with two lovely squares, but have to dig it out of the stack o papers, and post thanks to the wonderful person who sent it to me :)

I would guess the list update is still in progress; holler when we can email for it please?

Many thanks,

Laurel

I got a puffy recently with two lovely squares, but have to dig it out of the stack o papers, and post thanks to the wonderful person who sent it to me :)

I would guess the list update is still in progress; holler when we can email for it please?

Many thanks,

Laurel

Hi Laurel, glad you got some squares lol yes, still updating, till the end of the month, and we don't email the list anymore, each of us are responsible for contacting either by email, or pm, each recipient they want to send a square to themselves. Any master list that will exist, is the one you might compile from mailing and recieving squares! Good to see your post! take care! katie!~:hug

Welcome MooMoo! Until I get my first paycheck I won't be able to send out any squares. I have some done though but as they decided not to supply me with a uniform I had to go out and buy new shirt, pants and shoes. Not happy about that. Anyway. I got a wonderful square from katyallen today! Awesome! :hug Thank you so much for it.

post-48941-135897760174_thumb.jpg

Welcome MooMoo! Until I get my first paycheck I won't be able to send out any squares. I have some done though but as they decided not to supply me with a uniform I had to go out and buy new shirt, pants and shoes. Not happy about that. Anyway. I got a wonderful square from katyallen today! Awesome! :hug Thank you so much for it.

Beautiful square! Katyallen has been veeerrrrryyyy busy.

Wow, that is one lovely square from Katy!!!

As a lot of you know, I'm moving around June 2nd and all my yarn is now at the new place packed away. Once I get moved, I will be resuming square making and get some out to you gals! I have uh....well....okay 9 tubs of yarn! I think I'll have enough to make squares, don't you?

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Oooooh...pretty!!!!

Thank you Katie and Nira for the warm welcome..

I'm happy to be here and will be getting on the roll soon as i get a project done.

Good thing about granny squares is that they can be crocheted even in our sleep.

hugs

Lillibet

Thanks all, that sqaure was a great one, so much fun to do. For those of you wondering, it was Squaring the Big Circle, by Kate Jenks, on ravelry, free pattern! I modified it a bit, and it worked out great! As for having enough yarn Kuddles, uh, I think you unintentionally made a blooper, NEVER enough yarn, for no matter when, or what!! lol :devil

ANyone heard from Skoggy lately, i know she moved this past weekend, hope it all went well...............take care, iM off to Hobby Lobby, got some stuff to buy!!:cheer:clap

Got your note, glad your sticking around! no changes in preferences, so you are good to go, and you don't have to give in order to recieve, he he he!! Hope you're feeling better soon! :clap

Thanks, I sure do plan on making some squares as soon as I'm feeling up to it! :hook

Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather, GrannyAnnie. Hope you get to feeling better real soon. With these weather changes being so crazy these days, it's a wonder all of us aren't sick. Of course, I have to admit . . . I love these 70's and 80's temp we're in. Almost hate to see summer coming ~ :P

Thanks:hug 70's and 80'! Nice! I'm looking forward to some of that!

Hi all! I was up early early this am, chose the winner of my giveaway, and crocheted a bit, just posted the winner, and are you ready for this! OUr OWN

KUDDLEKUBS won it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratz kuddles, pm me your addy and Ill post out tomorrow! I was excited someone in this cal won it, but funny story there too, as I ran the random number gererater once, came up with 5, forgot to add in the last entrant, so assigned her a number, and then went back and ran the number gererater again, and guess what,,,,,,,,,,,,number 5 again!!!!!! Kuddles was DESTINED to have this tissue cover!! yay!!

Woot! Congrats Kuddles!

Hi ladies!

It sure has been a long time since I've posted on here. I've been super busy lately but things are finally calming down. My house finally sold and we moved (finished moving on friday, bleh!) and school just ended too. I won't be taking summer courses so I have a wide open summer for making pretty squares to send out :clap. Currently I am on vacation visiting family in CA and won't be home until the June 2nd. So, if you make me a square, hold off on sending it until May 31st so that it doesn't reach me until I get home.

Congrats on the house selling! Enjoy your vacation! :hug

I hope you feel better soon Ann

Thank you Kim! :hug

Look what was in my mailbox today. Thank you Katyallen8090! I love them!

Pretty!

Hi Ladies:

hugs

Lillibet

Welcome Lillibet!

Very nice square!

This blanket is absolutely gorgeous

Can you please tell me the colors and yarn used.

No way!! I LOVE this CAL! I'll keep everyone updated. It looks like we'll probably being staying with my mom when we move until we find a place to live. Going to buy. I can't wait!! All of our stuff has been packed since December, and in storage and I just want my own stuff back! I'm also planning a craft room. Really can't wait.

Thanks! :hug I will include it in this post.

Congrats!!

Very Pretty!

Beautiful!

Archived