Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Welcome MooMoo! Until I get my first paycheck I won't be able to send out any squares. I have some done though but as they decided not to supply me with a uniform I had to go out and buy new shirt, pants and shoes. Not happy about that. Anyway. I got a wonderful square from katyallen today! Awesome! :hug Thank you so much for it.

Ooooohh!!! what a pretty square!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love my squares, they will definitely go in my friendshipghan.

I love the flower pattern....where did you find it?

You're quite welcome, glad they worked for you! Its called frillly flower, I think it's in a book i have! Have to check that out for ya!

Hey all,

Abigail1280 that blanket is adorable. Where did you find the frog pattern? I would love to make this for my nephew.

it absolutely is adorable! :hug

Hi Ladies:

I have decided to join this cal and i have pm'd Katy my size wanted but i will put it here too ...ThankYou and i will be mailing some squares too as time allows...

hugs

Lillibet

Welcome back to the group I have missed you here!

Welcome MooMoo! Until I get my first paycheck I won't be able to send out any squares. I have some done though but as they decided not to supply me with a uniform I had to go out and buy new shirt, pants and shoes. Not happy about that. Anyway. I got a wonderful square from katyallen today! Awesome! :hug Thank you so much for it.

Sorry about the unexpected expenses :hug:hug Beautiful squares.

More pretties!

Look what was in my mailbox today. Thank you Katyallen8090! I love them!

And more pretties.

The frog afghan is adorable.

Those are very pretty!

Nice squares! Skoggy said she would be awol for a bit but didn't say when she'd be back on. She's probably busy unpacking. Had my first day at work and I'm exhausted! I haven't been on my feet all day in a few years and I'll have to get used to it again. And get better shoes. :lol

This blanket is absolutely gorgeous

Can you please tell me the colors and yarn used.

Thank you!!

I used all Simply Soft Yarn in Limelight, Blue Mint and Lemon

Hey all,

Abigail1280 that blanket is adorable. Where did you find the frog pattern? I would love to make this for my nephew.

This is a modified version, of a modified version of the sock monkey blanket from the Happy Hooker book by Debbie Stoller. I was looking for a frog baby ghan, and came across this. So, I went out and bought the book, and then set to work. The hardest part for me was actually the frogs :blush. I also made mine 7x7. I just doubled up the amount of squares and I used a J hook, I believe, to make it. Even with the extra squares and larger border, it's still only 34"x34".

That is really cute. I have been going back and forth about buying the HH book. I mostly want it for the FBB and the bunny slippers. I might make this square for a charity I am in. Thank you for the link. :hook

Do we know when we will know who to send squares to for the month, or are we still just sending to whoever we want? (I found a square I was going to send to someone, hee hee... Never sent it out yet.) :blush:P

I am getting some progress done on my pattern I am testing. The biggest part is done (except the straps)~ the dress~ it's a baby dress, sunhat and shoes set. I thought I was only going to be testing a dress pattern, I didn't know about the hat & shoes. But... it will be cute when it's done.

Thank you!!

I used all Simply Soft Yarn in Limelight, Blue Mint and Lemon

This is a modified version, of a modified version of the sock monkey blanket from the Happy Hooker book by Debbie Stoller. I was looking for a frog baby ghan, and came across this. So, I went out and bought the book, and then set to work. The hardest part for me was actually the frogs :blush. I also made mine 7x7. I just doubled up the amount of squares and I used a J hook, I believe, to make it. Even with the extra squares and larger border, it's still only 34"x34".

That is really cute. I have been going back and forth about buying the HH book. I mostly want it for the FBB and the bunny slippers. I might make this square for a charity I am in. Thank you for the link. :hook

Do we know when we will know who to send squares to for the month, or are we still just sending to whoever we want? (I found a square I was going to send to someone, hee hee... Never sent it out yet.) :blush:P

I am getting some progress done on my pattern I am testing. The biggest part is done (except the straps)~ the dress~ it's a baby dress, sunhat and shoes set. I thought I was only going to be testing a dress pattern, I didn't know about the hat & shoes. But... it will be cute when it's done.

Hi tina,

You can still send to anyone verified on the list, (post one, updated almost daily) just pm them for their current address, and wala, lol

The updating will be done the first of June, shortly after I will choose our Biggest Sqaure of the month, and those that can, will send her some sqaures, maybe she will then get enough to finish up a wip!!

hope everyone is having a grand day, I got a really pretty yarn yesterday from HL, it's called summer happens, greens, and roses, reminds me of a growing garden. So the next batch of squares i do, might just have some of that in it, it's a varigated, or ombre, whatever, I never did know the diff! lol Have fun hookin, Im off to the grocery now, and will check in later! :hug

Hi Ladies!!! Checking in on this thread now, thoes are very pretty squares too!

I hope everyone is doing well, i know im trying to, but its not working all that well at the moment :( but thats ok tho, theres always a bright side to everything!

katyallen, im sending a message with the one thing that needs changed on my preferences

Again, i hope everyone is doing well and having a great week!

Thank you Sharon (SharonB551) for the wonderful bright yellow cotton square I received in the mail yesterday! Woot! Thank you friend!

Now where is the picture you might ask......well cameras are all packed away for the move next weekend so .....

And Katy....yes it IS yarn withdrawal and I do not like it one bit! However yesterday I went to HL on lunch and I always try to use a 40% off coupon to buy a bright skein of Cotton Tots......well they had the orange and it was marked down almost half off! Only two skeins left but I snagged them!

Hmmm...wonder where the next nearest HL is........

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi Ladies!!! Checking in on this thread now, thoes are very pretty squares too!

I hope everyone is doing well, i know im trying to, but its not working all that well at the moment :( but thats ok tho, theres always a bright side to everything!

katyallen, im sending a message with the one thing that needs changed on my preferences

Again, i hope everyone is doing well and having a great week!

hi katie, yes, i changed that for you to read acrylic ww, thank you for the note, hope all gets better quickly and you come back soon!!

Thank you Sharon (SharonB551) for the wonderful bright yellow cotton square I received in the mail yesterday! Woot! Thank you friend!

Now where is the picture you might ask......well cameras are all packed away for the move next weekend so .....

And Katy....yes it IS yarn withdrawal and I do not like it one bit! However yesterday I went to HL on lunch and I always try to use a 40% off coupon to buy a bright skein of Cotton Tots......well they had the orange and it was marked down almost half off! Only two skeins left but I snagged them!

Hmmm...wonder where the next nearest HL is........

Have a great day all!

kuddles

oh wow, how cool, I got some orange cotton tots at HL too, and a couple other cottons, so now I can make your sqaures!! Got mine marked down too, coincidence, I wonder lol Good luck with the move, do keep us up in the know, hope all goes well!!:hug

Welcome to Estee!

Katy, thanks now you really are making me want to get to HL to see if I can get more marked down yarn! Bad Katy, bad!

Thanks for the well wishes with the move! Can't wait for it to be done, and I'm sitting in my open condo letting the breeze run through...and crocheting on the balcony with trees all around....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

kuddles

Archived