Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I really like the idea of picking someone to be highlighted to receive squares for the month,in addition to any others you may want to send out

I see I will have to check this thread often,as its more active than I thought

thanks Katy for creating yarn hill

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like the idea of picking someone to be highlighted to receive squares for the month,in addition to any others you may want to send out

I see I will have to check this thread often,as its more active than I thought

thanks Katy for creating yarn hill

Ha ha, Yarn Hill is an amazing place!!

I already have four 2" squares finished, working on a few more

wow, good going!!

we may have to hold off mailing till someone hears from her, which should be soon, I hope!! but we have the month of June, so you all are doing an amazing job! Im like a proud mama kitty, with her darling brood of kittens!! :manyheart:cat

Cindy might get more than she needs, but if she does, she can always pass them along, when the next BIggest Square comes along next month! I have no problem with that if she can't use them, to pass them along, so, or maybe, just maybe, she will decide to make another!!!!!!! they are addictive! :cheer:yes

oohhh, here's a story, just sold three of my full sized ghans to a neighbor, well, sold another to her before she visited Poland, she took it for a relative there, now she is back, and wanted to mail two more, to Poland for two other members, and keep one for herself!

I hated to see them go, once made, they become good friends, but two of them are headed half way across the world.....amazing, to know I will have three ghans that I made, in Poland ..... Wow, international, how cool is that! The thrid one, she is keepin for herself! I feel a SHOPPING TRIP to Hobby Lobby coming on soon!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:yay:clap:yarn

I already have four 2" squares finished, working on a few more

oh cute, I haven't done any 2inchers, unless they were destined to grow more rows for another size that is! I bet they are so cute! :)

edit... Ah the plot thickens,,,,I just visited Cindy's etsy shop, a note there said, she is on vacation till the 9th Of June, sooooo we don't have too much longer to wait!!!!!!!!!!! What a nice welcome home present she will find in her email and pm box!!!!!:clap

edit... Ah the plot thickens,,,,I just visited Cindy's etsy shop, a note there said, she is on vacation till the 9th Of June, sooooo we don't have too much longer to wait!!!!!!!!!!! What a nice welcome home present she will find in her email and pm box!!!!!:clap

Cool deal!!! :cheer I got one 8 inch done and starting another tonight. And I got a 12 inch and a 6 inch done for Yarn Hill. Have 4 puffies ready but want to try to get out as many as I can on Friday!

Ain't this just the funnest!!!!!!:hook

Im going to start the ball rolling, or the hooks hooking here and pledge to the Biggest Square of the month,,,,CindysSweetThings!!:cheer:cheer , I pledge at least four 6 inch squares!!!!!! I mean we have all month!!

You can do four inch, 6 inch or even 8 inches, or two inches, but I don't see how 2 inches would work, oh yeah i do, if she wants to put them together, duh me! :think ok I have pledged the first squares to our BIggest Square of the month!!!!!! Anyone wanna join me up here on Yarn Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hook, where ya be!!!!!!!:devil

I will jump in as well....I can certainly pledge 4 6" squares as well.

Cool deal!!! :cheer I got one 8 inch done and starting another tonight. And I got a 12 inch and a 6 inch done for Yarn Hill. Have 4 puffies ready but want to try to get out as many as I can on Friday!

Ain't this just the funnest!!!!!!:hook

GOOD hookin!! You have been a busy busy bee!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I will jump in as well....I can certainly pledge 4 6" squares as well.

Wow, we are doing terrific!! Can't wait till she checks in!! She can always resend them to next months Biggest Square, or use them somewhere else too!! :think

Hi all,

Ithink I am going to the po as well soon, gotta go out anyway, might as well make another stop along the way, right! my next weeks batch is ready too, but doing it more managable money sections, so will go out next week!

have fun hookin if you find time today!:hook

show us some pics...ya know we love our Eye Candy

Ha ha, Yarn Hill is an amazing place!!

wow, good going!!

we may have to hold off mailing till someone hears from her, which should be soon, I hope!! but we have the month of June, so you all are doing an amazing job! Im like a proud mama kitty, with her darling brood of kittens!! :manyheart:cat

Cindy might get more than she needs, but if she does, she can always pass them along, when the next BIggest Square comes along next month! I have no problem with that if she can't use them, to pass them along, so, or maybe, just maybe, she will decide to make another!!!!!!! they are addictive! :cheer:yes

oohhh, here's a story, just sold three of my full sized ghans to a neighbor, well, sold another to her before she visited Poland, she took it for a relative there, now she is back, and wanted to mail two more, to Poland for two other members, and keep one for herself!

I hated to see them go, once made, they become good friends, but two of them are headed half way across the world.....amazing, to know I will have three ghans that I made, in Poland ..... Wow, international, how cool is that! The thrid one, she is keepin for herself! I feel a SHOPPING TRIP to Hobby Lobby coming on soon!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:yay:clap:yarn

Hi Everyone! Happy Birthday to anyone I have missed in my absence! I want to say that 'villers are the best! I was having another "challenging tummy day" and what is in my mail box? Not 1, but 2 puffies! :cheer Thank you so much to Katie and Emma. You've really made my day! Here are the pics. Sorry they're a bit blurry. My hands are kind of shaky. Also included is the pic I promised of the lovely square Carol sent. I love them all! :c9 Ok, I can't figure out how to write next to the pics, so~the all yellow is from Carol, next to hers is from Emma, and below is from Katie!

post-16860-135897763362_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897763367_thumb.jpg

post-16860-135897763371_thumb.jpg

ohhh glad you got it! and the other two sqaures are lovely! Nice addition to your ghan, huh!;)

I didn't get to the poffice today, was hit with a migraine late morning, just now easing up a bit, but tomorrow is a new day, and I will try to do that first thing if I feel better, and I will, positive thinking!! Have a great evening all! :yes

I'm back!! Finally getting settled in and things are starting to settle down.

ohhh glad you got it! and the other two sqaures are lovely! Nice addition to your ghan, huh!;)

I didn't get to the poffice today, was hit with a migraine late morning, just now easing up a bit, but tomorrow is a new day, and I will try to do that first thing if I feel better, and I will, positive thinking!! Have a great evening all! :yes

Katy I feel your pain. I woke up with a migraine this morning too. Thank you so much for the squares you sent me! :hugThey were sitting on the island when I walked in after driving from PA to OH! It was a lovely surprise !

Happy Birthday to all you lovely ladies out there. I'm going to try to make it to the post office either tomorrow or Friday. Everything here is rather crazy, but I want to get them out before the weekend.

Also, I will be making some squares for Cindy. At least 4.

Yep, I got it and love it! They will all be wonderful additions to my ghan!!! Hope you are feeling better. Migraines are miserable! :hug

Archived