Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

One of our loyal squares asked a good question. One I had thought of and failed at implicating, however due to her question, I re-tried, and now, lo and behold I did it! What exactly is IT you ask....

Well on the main list first post, when I have referenced a post number for more info, as the list is limited space wise, there will be a clickable link to take you to the page of that post. You may have to scroll a few down, but look for the post number! It will be on that page! This speeds up things a bit, when more info is needed for that particular person's preferences. The old fashioned way still works too,go page by page,yada yada,you all know that one!

ok, well, just wanted to say it worked this time, I guess I was more on the ball this time I tried it, lol soooo Thanks Brenda!:hug

A big thank you! I am embarassed to admit how long it took me to get to those posts. It didn't help when I got distracted and had to start over. :lol

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh keep thinking of questions for you all,,,,,,,when making the 12 inchers, I always have a leaning problem, and the square looks a bit askew! Is there any way around this, other than alternating one row either way, all the way through?? I have solved it my own way, by usually making Squaring the Big Circle squares for the 12 inchers, lol but my way isn't necessarily the best way probably, just wondering if you all have any tips and tricks of the trade for that particular dilemma! thankyou in advance!:hook

YES!!! The square is finished and it is BEE-YOU-TIH-FULL!!! I am so in love with it that I couldn't help but start another! So, there is going to be TWO lucky 12-inchers out there!

Gosh keep thinking of questions for you all,,,,,,,when making the 12 inchers, I always have a leaning problem, and the square looks a bit askew! Is there any way around this, other than alternating one row either way, all the way through?? I have solved it my own way, by usually making Squaring the Big Circle squares for the 12 inchers, lol but my way isn't necessarily the best way probably, just wondering if you all have any tips and tricks of the trade for that particular dilemma! thankyou in advance!:hook

I could be wrong, so someone correct me if I am, but I think the squares straighten out once they are connected to other squares.

."........It will also make us come here at least once a month, at the beginning if we want to win........we could call it eligibility requirements.......Or maybe just put people in the hopper that have at least posted once the prior month. I'm pulling at straws here but I do have squares to send to cindy Im waiting on a response first."

I agree with this. I know I caused a bit of a kerfuffle this month but I guess someone has to be the learning experience :blush.

Maybe we should make it a requirement to log on between the 1st and 3rd days of the month. You know, kind of like putting your name in the hat.

A name is "drawn" on the 4th and the person has until midnight (GMT?) of the 5th day to "claim their prize". If they don't, the next person will be picked on the 6th and has until midnight of the 7th. And so on. That gives the group at least 3 weeks to complete and send their square bombs. :hook

More good ideas to look into, and no, you weren't the problem honestly, I knew you were active on the thread, i didn't however know you moved, and vacation came in there,and sometimes real life wins out!! ha ha, and so the worry, and nothing you did caused this, I am at fault for not thinking it out clearly enough ahead of time, lol So, I take the blame on this one, next month I am sure, will go more smoothly! I think everyone was anxious as this was the first biggest square, and that was why I was more impaitient, lol You have great ideas, as does Kim, so we'll figure this out for next time. I like the idea of checking in at least once a month, if you want to be entered in the Biggest Square, very good ideas! ok, well, off for now, my neighborhood is having a big multi garage sale thing, so going to go and wander around a bit, might be something I don't know I need! lol

After my sister Crystal passing a few days ago, I Just found out this morning that my Aunt Debbie passed away last night, They believe it was a heart attack due to a failing liver/liver cancer. Im not sure. SO needless to say this just has NOT been my week. I dont think I can take anymore bad news anytime soon.

but :hug to all and I hope you all are doing well :hug

It may take a few days to get my puffie sent out to CindysS.T. but it will get mailed.

After my sister Crystal passing a few days ago, I Just found out this morning that my Aunt Debbie passed away last night, They believe it was a heart attack due to a failing liver/liver cancer. Im not sure. SO needless to say this just has NOT been my week. I dont think I can take anymore bad news anytime soon.

but :hug to all and I hope you all are doing well :hug

It may take a few days to get my puffie sent out to CindysS.T. but it will get mailed.

Gosh, so sorry to hear of another loss in your family! Sending out healing thoughts to you and yours, my condolences.

i thought about some suggestions for the next Biggest Square in July, and Im thinking, all can still be entered, as I don't wanna leave anyone out cause I haven't seen them post recently, but with a slight modification.

I THINK :think i will randomly chose a name during the last week of the current month, in order to give ample time to email or pm, and ample time for the winner to respond. If within a week the winner hasn't let me know whether or not she wants to accept the honor, or doesn't respond at all, Ill just move on to another name, and go from there.

I hate to waste too much time as that takes away from giving us, the square givers the sort of a headstart to make and fullfill our pledges. and start raiining on her parade with puffys!:eek

Well, as soon as I typed that, a thought popped up, lol see if you agree...

I will chose at random a name the last week of June, pm the winner, wait for a response for no longer than one week, and as soon as I hear from her, then post at the first of the month. and this is when I will post her colors and sizes, etc, and how many more she needs, as that will also be in the pm i send her to help us make and keep our pledges! :cheer.

Now ...If I have to move on to another name, the process will only be a few days into the month, and we'll all just deal with that, lol.... Just means we'll have to stitch more and faster, lol....so with all your guys's suggestions, I hope I have incorporated a more suitable way of managing, without leaving anyone out, or waiting past a certain deadline for a response...keeping everyone reasonably happy! :P

This too, the chosen winner that hasn't responded for whatever reason, and we all know life gets in our way, and spoils our best laid plans, will still be put back in the mix, for winning next time, and there after....:manyheart

The only ones that will not be in each successive drawing, are those that have already won, till everyone that wants a chance, has a chance, then we'll start all over....:hook

So tell me if you see holes in this, or improvments that need to be made, I need your minds, lol ... thanks. sorry about the long post!!!!! :hug

Hugs Lacey. Sorry to hear about another family member.

Ohhh guessing game,,,umm. I got a name in mind, starts with an A am I even close, lol

I hope it's meee!! When I first saw this I was nah *sigh*. a couple of hours later I remembered my 'Ville name starts with A! Yes in with a chance!!

KISS granny swap just opened up. I have already joined.

Katy and co, great ideas on running biggest square. I think I need to go buy some cotton online so I am ready for everyone.

Yay! Signed up for the KISS swap. Well, stuck my name down anyway.

Tuesday we find out the sex of baby no.2 so I'm waiting for the colours. :D I'm very close to finishing Felicia's blanket (need 11 squares ONLY). And as baby no 2. is due in the winter, a blanket would be ideal. Got a couple of ideas for new schemes though. :D

Pink or blue? :lol

Quick check in......been super busy still trying to get through everything after my move two weeks ago. I did spend some time on my craft closet (used to be a craft room so you can imagine....). Hope to get to hooking real soon!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

yes thank you I received it!!!

."........It will also make us come here at least once a month, at the beginning if we want to win........we could call it eligibility requirements.......Or maybe just put people in the hopper that have at least posted once the prior month. I'm pulling at straws here but I do have squares to send to cindy Im waiting on a response first."

good ideas kim, we'll have to implicate some sort of requirment, so we make sure they KNOW they won, lol and want to be showered with Squares too!! i like those suggestions! thank you! :cheer

Has everyone that needed Cindy's address recieved it????

Sounds ok to me

YES!!! The square is finished and it is BEE-YOU-TIH-FULL!!! I am so in love with it that I couldn't help but start another! So, there is going to be TWO lucky 12-inchers out there!

I could be wrong, so someone correct me if I am, but I think the squares straighten out once they are connected to other squares.

I agree with this. I know I caused a bit of a kerfuffle this month but I guess someone has to be the learning experience :blush.

Maybe we should make it a requirement to log on between the 1st and 3rd days of the month. You know, kind of like putting your name in the hat.

A name is "drawn" on the 4th and the person has until midnight (GMT?) of the 5th day to "claim their prize". If they don't, the next person will be picked on the 6th and has until midnight of the 7th. And so on. That gives the group at least 3 weeks to complete and send their square bombs. :hook

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on too much in the past week. My mother-in-law passed away. I got a few puffies this week I just wanted to check in and say Thank You to Bubbe and Abigail1280.

oh so sorry for your loss, my condolences to your family....

such pretty squares, everyone does such a wonderful job of making them, and getting them out! :manyheart

Quick check in......been super busy still trying to get through everything after my move two weeks ago. I did spend some time on my craft closet (used to be a craft room so you can imagine....). Hope to get to hooking real soon!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

gonna be tough to go from a craft room to a craft closet, but I know you can do it!!!!! he he he.

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on too much in the past week. My mother-in-law passed away. I got a few puffies this week I just wanted to check in and say Thank You to Bubbe and Abigail1280.

Sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts and prayers

Hey everyone,

:hug

gonna be tough to go from a craft room to a craft closet, but I know you can do it!!!!! he he he.

I sure am trying! Still need to get in there so can start making squares, but I promise, I WILL!

kuddles

WOW!! did some random math, and went through a lot of posts with pledges in them, and you are not gonna believe the numbers!! Some pledged 4, some 2, some more, some said several, a few, or some,,,,,,but a real quick rough tally of what I could tally, and by the end of the month, not counting any new pledges that may still come in, .......Cindy may well have recieved over 45 assorted sized squares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

=======================================================

So a big round of applause for those who pledged, those who sent, those who didn't pledge but sent, and those that are going to still pledge or send!!! You are all amazing!!!!!!! hats off to you all!! :applause:bheart:tophat Yarn Hill is a happy full hill this month! :lol

dang! we are doing sooooooo good! At the end of the month, cindy will update her preferences, and let us know how close she came to getting the squares she needed to complete her ghan! but I am betting she will be even a couple over! Let's see how close she comes!!!!!! Im saying for fun, she will be over!! :eek

The 19th we also find out the sex of Skoggy's baby number 2........ I still say Boy....he he.So think blue!! :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

In other news, the 25th of June, I will randomly chose another Biggest Square, of July! I will email or pm or both, said winner, and wait patiently for one week for a reply. Then I will post July 1, so we can all get started on another cloud burst of grannys!!!!!!

Remember, you can still send to whomever else you like as well, but with the winner, maybe we should have a goal, as she should know about how many she needs, and I will post that info, maybe we could work off that running total then, for pledges for the Biggest Square Of July!

Something like,If 36 more squares are needed to complete her ghan, we could post something like ..... I pledge 1/36 35 more needed.

the next person that wants to pledge, will say,

I pledge 2/35 33 more needed

and so on and so forth, and maybe that way we would have a somewhat rough idea of when we reach our goal and hers!

This is just tentative, so if you have issues or suggestions for a better way, do let me know please! thanks to everyone, the month is a a bit over halfway over and we are doing so well, plus keeping up our normal squarings too, i am so proud of all of us! :hug:yay:dance:jumpyay

i like the idea of a running count. Infact Im fixing to count and see how many I currently have and add it to my Sig

Your doing great :hug thanks for all your hard work

To Cindy :jumpyay thats alot of squares :woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo

Sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts and prayers

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to me. Unfortunately both funerals are on Wednesday. One is in Poplar Bluff, Mo. (for my Aunt) and the other is in Granite City, Ill. ( for my sister Crystal). I will not be able to attend either one as my mom will be leaving tomorrow for the one in Poplar Bluff, and I will not have a ride for the one in Ill. unless my dad comes over from Granite City to pick me up, but Im not counting on it as he is extremely overwhelmed. So all I can do is call him and tell him I love him :(

thank you Katy, and everyone :) you all are my lifeline lately :hug

but in keeping with the CAL I updated my sig to include how many squares I have/need .

I have 47 beautiful squares (thank you all) and I need atleast 80 total. So that makes i think 33 squares that I still need. Roughly. :)

And guess what !!!!! Guess What !!!!

I Love You all like family

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek 45 SQUARES!!! HOLY COW!!! Yeah, I'd say that is plenty! I'm gonna take a pic of what I have now and take one after the square bomb is over so that y'all can see what you did!

I just want to give you ladies a heads up that I will be without a computer for the next few days. My desktop got a nasty virus and needs to be taken in to the Geek Squad. My dh has a laptop (which i'm on right now) but he is a full time student and is on it most of the time. I'll sneak on when I can, but don't count on it.

Love you all...:manyheart

Archived