Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I love ya back....I wish I was closer so i could take you

Keep your head up sweetie

thank you Katy, and everyone :) you all are my lifeline lately :hug

but in keeping with the CAL I updated my sig to include how many squares I have/need .

I have 47 beautiful squares (thank you all) and I need atleast 80 total. So that makes i think 33 squares that I still need. Roughly. :)

And guess what !!!!! Guess What !!!!

I Love You all like family

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on too much in the past week. My mother-in-law passed away. I got a few puffies this week I just wanted to check in and say Thank You to Bubbe and Abigail1280.

You are very welcome and let me express my condolences. :hug

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to me. Unfortunately both funerals are on Wednesday. One is in Poplar Bluff, Mo. (for my Aunt) and the other is in Granite City, Ill. ( for my sister Crystal). I will not be able to attend either one as my mom will be leaving tomorrow for the one in Poplar Bluff, and I will not have a ride for the one in Ill. unless my dad comes over from Granite City to pick me up, but Im not counting on it as he is extremely overwhelmed. So all I can do is call him and tell him I love him :(

So sorry to hear of such loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

This father's Day weekend was a whirl-wind. Our son and his adorable (future DIL :) ) girlfriend was with us and we had a ball. Then spent time yesterday with my mom and dad. Rounded out the weekend with an impromptu digging of a firepit, making s'mores and roasting hotdogs! WHEW!!! I'm pooped and didn't do a bit of crochet except for a few mins work on my nephew's baby's blanket.

Gotta get back in the swing of things!

Hope everyone has a super week!

I am working on squares for Cindysweetthings,I wanted to have them started before commiting,cause sometimes I get side tracked on things,I think there will be 6 squares total

I am working on squares for Cindysweetthings,I wanted to have them started before commiting,cause sometimes I get side tracked on things,I think there will be 6 squares total

Oh my, that is excellent pineknott!! you are whirling mass of hooks and yarn!! A varitible tornado of fiber and colors!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:):clap

ohhhh forgot to add, last five puffys away this am!!!!!!!! I recieved my final requested address this am, before running out to the PO, so happy to announce that the final five of the list,,,,,,,,,,are on their way........where they going, up north, down south, back east, out west, maybe even down unda!! have a great yarnie day!

I am so pleased with the quick address requests reponses! You all are doing such a fine job of making this work! Thanks to all of you, from all of me!!! he he.:manyheart

I love ya back....I wish I was closer so i could take you

Keep your head up sweetie

Thank You Kim, that is such a sweet thought :hug Ill be ok I hope. Im sure Wednesday will be a different story. Ill probly be on here, trying to keep myself occupied :crocheting

SO SORRY I haven't been around lately!! :( We've just about gotten everything all moved in and settled... well, besides my craft room and the living room... and there's still some boxes in the bedroom. :blush I feel like when I'm off work, I do a whole lot, but then at the end of the day, I can't sit back and point out some big accomplishment! Moving really stinks!!

I have been keeping up every morning with the email digest I get, so that helps a lot!

I'm going to get 2 squares out to Cindy, at least. With any luck there will be more. It gives me a distraction from the 500 baby projects I feel like I've got going right now! :crocheting

I also just signed up for the KISS swap. Thank goodness for the email digest, or I would've missed it!! :hug

Dh is off for a few minutes...

thank you Yarn Monkey and pineknott for the square pledges! I'm sure to have a completed ghan after all of this!

I have the addresses for my square recipients! That is one thing that is sad about not having a list of addresses, I can't surprise anyone. :P

For any of you who have my address from the old list, please don't use it. I recently moved and have a new address. It should get forwarded if you have already sent one, otherwise, pm me or Katie for my new addy

:hug to everyone,gtg...

Ok ladies... here is the big annoucement...

It's a............ GIRL!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Saw the little squirming one today and had all the measurements taken. No abnormalities to report. Little Isabelle is due on 3rd of Nov.

Now I know the sex of no.2, can I request squares for her? I only need 11 more for Felicia's blanket and would love to start collecting for Isabelle's. As she is due at the beginning of the winter, a blanket would be well used. So, if ok, I'd like to request a 2nd set comprising of- no particular colour scheme, 6" squares using patterns based around flowers. Does that make sense? Hope so. :D

Mr Skoggy and I are so happy to be having another little girl. :c9

Ok ladies... here is the big annoucement...

It's a............ GIRL!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Saw the little squirming one today and had all the measurements taken. No abnormalities to report. Little Isabelle is due on 3rd of Nov.

Now I know the sex of no.2, can I request squares for her? I only need 11 more for Felicia's blanket and would love to start collecting for Isabelle's. As she is due at the beginning of the winter, a blanket would be well used. So, if ok, I'd like to request a 2nd set comprising of- no particular colour scheme, 6" squares using patterns based around flowers. Does that make sense? Hope so. :D

Mr Skoggy and I are so happy to be having another little girl. :c9

WOW, congratz! flower based 6 inch squares, you heard her gals, now off to the hooks! :hug

I love the name you have chosen Skoggy! Will be off to look at flower squares after dinner.

I am totally stoked! I went online looking for some cheaper places to buy cotton yarn here in Australia. I found a great store that sells a wide variety of Sugar and Cream cotton as well as Caron SS! Needless to say I went on a shopping spree! I also found out that my usual yarn store sells a large variety of RHSS. I brought some of that too but considering my newest store find sells her yarn for almost half the price as my usual, I am going to see if she can source it from her supplier. So those who hadn't recieved a square from me because I didn't have the right yarn, you are on top of my list after Cindy (who's I am hoping to send out tomorrow).

hi all, checkin in!

How we all coming with our squares?? Am curious as to how many Cindy has actually recieved by now!! When she comes back in, maybe she'll have a count for us~~~~~~~

Im making a couple pet snugglies for the shelter, guess they are running low on them. Using my N hook, ha ha, and two strands held together, to make them thick and plush! take them in next week, might have four or five done by then, nothing fancy, just whatever size i felt like, two are 36 by 30 maybe, one a bit smaller, and maybe might have two more by next week. That's all im working on, oh finished the shawl for my California friend that is here visiting too, will give that to her tomorrow, probably, at our brunch! So, that was my last few days, did some sorting, and got out a couple squares books to browse through, so Im off for now, happy hookin!!:hook:crocheting:clap

Skoggy--Congrats on having another girl! It is so much fun to use the pretty girly clothes again.

Katie--I've only received from two people so far. Hmm...

from what I hear, you got more coming though! lol I think cause we got a late start collecting your address might have slowed some down, i dunno, how bout it ladies, are you ready to bombard Ms. cindy with squares yet, or are they in the works! Lets hear from some of you doing them! We had sort of a bumpy start so keep your fingers crossed, and be patient, I think you will be pleasantly surprised soon! ;):hug

from what I hear, you got more coming though! lol I think cause we got a late start collecting your address might have slowed some down, i dunno, how bout it ladies, are you ready to bombard Ms. cindy with squares yet, or are they in the works! Lets hear from some of you doing them! We had sort of a bumpy start so keep your fingers crossed, and be patient, I think you will be pleasantly surprised soon! ;):hug

I am slow but working on some. Needed to get some Vacation/Summertime RAOK's in the mail. I usually only make it into town to the PO every other week so hopefully next week they will be in the mail.

if I get the last of the ends tucked under,they should be mailed Friday

I use 2 strands with the N hook on the ubw hats,so I know how nice and plush they are.

I need to get some cat mats done,but want these hats done(100)first.

if I get the last of the ends tucked under,they should be mailed Friday

I use 2 strands with the N hook on the ubw hats,so I know how nice and plush they are.

I need to get some cat mats done,but want these hats done(100)first.

Wonderful!! you are a busy girl!!!!!!! the shelter loves the snugglies, and they aren't too time consuming either! I finally gave my N hook a job to do! She is happy!!!!!!! :D

I sent four 4" squares Cindy's way today. It will take two weeks to get there. As our yarn is thinner than American yarn, I crocheted them with two strands together.

I got a bunch of little 2"-ers for Cindy but won't be able to mail them until last working day of the month when Mr Skoggy gets paid. :)

I rec'd so very pretty squares from snookie000, thank you they will be a great addition to my friednshipghan. Im off work for a few day and am planning on digging all my squares out hopefully today and lay them out to see where I'm at.

Archived