Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Sometimes PMs dont always go thru, ive had this issue before with someone contacting me about winning a giveaway and never recieving the pm for my address.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and Im sure Cindy will be with us as soon as she can.

You are doing a great job keeping us all corralled and on point :hug ThankYou :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the nomination as the "Biggest Square of the Month"! I'm super stoked!

Sorry that I went MIA. I got really busy with unpacking. Bleh! You see, we got the call that our house sold 3 weeks before we were to go on vacation. That didn't give us much time to find a place to rent and to actually move. Well, we didn't get into a place until the tuesday before vacay so we had wed-fri to move and then traveled on saturday. Since it took so long to get a place, we moved half of our stuff into storage. Well, now that we are back from vacay, I had to unpack what we moved here and we are slowly moving stuff from storage to the apt.

Now, I finally have access to all my yarn and notions so I can start crocheting too. Yippee! I even have a pattern picked out! Now for a victim...I mean recipient. Hehehe!

Oh yeah, I need an updated list.

ETA: OH yeah, and I didn't have internet until 3 days ago! Yikes! That was tough! (I see my stats say I was on yesterday. Hmm...I don't remember checking in on here. Maybe in my sleep :P )

Thank you for the nomination as the "Biggest Square of the Month"! I'm super stoked!

Sorry that I went MIA. I got really busy with unpacking. Bleh! You see, we got the call that our house sold 3 weeks before we were to go on vacation. That didn't give us much time to find a place to rent and to actually move. Well, we didn't get into a place until the tuesday before vacay so we had wed-fri to move and then traveled on saturday. Since it took so long to get a place, we moved half of our stuff into storage. Well, now that we are back from vacay, I had to unpack what we moved here and we are slowly moving stuff from storage to the apt.

Now, I finally have access to all my yarn and notions so I can start crocheting too. Yippee! I even have a pattern picked out! Now for a victim...I mean recipient. Hehehe!

ETA: OH yeah, and I didn't have internet until 3 days ago! Yikes! That was tough! (I see my stats say I was on yesterday. Hmm...I don't remember checking in on here. Maybe in my sleep :P )

Glad to see you're back! Now to PM you for an address.

YAY, your'e back, we were starting to worry! I knew something was keeping you away, as you are most usually pretty active on the thread, sheesh, we missed you!

You can now pm either Cindy, or me, as I now have her addy! thanks for checking in darlin! < breaths sigh of relief....now stand back, you are about to be SQUARED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO:cheer

Glad to see you're back! Now to PM you for an address.

That certainly was a lesson in patience for me! ha ha.....glad Cindy showed, and now we are back on track!

thank you Katie for my lovely square,hmmm we don't have that beautiful sherbet orange color here,Im a bit jealous

OH, you're so welcome, and if I remember correctly it is called copper, and came from Unger, have several more smallish skeins in my stash, but it is acrylic, or so it says, so I used it, it is a pretty color!! bought it a while back, on ebay.

After digging around in boxes all afternoon (I have 3 "misc" boxes sitting in the corner that I have been hesitant to plow thru), I found the usb cable to hook my camera up to the computer :clap.

So, Katie was the first one to "square" me! Here is a pic of all the squares she sent. At least, I think that is all of them. My girls were super excited to find squares in the mail too and ran off with a few. Maybe when my ghan is finished, I'll start ones for them too :D. Thanks Katie! I love 'em all! Totally digging the pink and purple especially.

I'm so happy to have access to my yarn again! I've been suffering from yarn withdrawls for weeks now! I am promising myself that I will get started on a square tomorrow. Oooo....my fingers are tingling!

BTW, thanks for all the patience, ladies. You're the best!

post-48303-135897763865_thumb.jpg

Katie, Katie, Katie!!!!!!

I loves the square you sent thanks so much!! And hubby likes it too.

Hugs,

Laurel

cool!! glad you liked them, yay....

After digging around in boxes all afternoon (I have 3 "misc" boxes sitting in the corner that I have been hesitant to plow thru), I found the usb cable to hook my camera up to the computer :clap.

So, Katie was the first one to "square" me! Here is a pic of all the squares she sent. At least, I think that is all of them. My girls were super excited to find squares in the mail too and ran off with a few. Maybe when my ghan is finished, I'll start ones for them too :D. Thanks Katie! I love 'em all! Totally digging the pink and purple especially.

I'm so happy to have access to my yarn again! I've been suffering from yarn withdrawls for weeks now! I am promising myself that I will get started on a square tomorrow. Oooo....my fingers are tingling!

BTW, thanks for all the patience, ladies. You're the best!

WOW cool, and the pics thing must be working again on the ville now, we were without the ability to load pics, and have been all suffering from Eye Candy withdrawl!!!! Thanks to Cindy, we will all now get our daily fix!! he he he......certainly welcome for the squares, had fun making the four inch, they are so fun to make! :manyheart

Woohoo Cindy is back. I have picked out my patterns. Can't wait to send my kiddies to bed, jump in my jammies and relax in front of the fire with my hook and some pretty yarn I picked up today especially for some squares.

After months of using an N hook on those ubw hats,I almost have to retrain myself to use my H hook,will need to regroup my 6 " are coming out 7 1/2" might have to go down a hook size to a G,making progress have 5 squares completed.

I knew she would come back to see us soon. LOL

And Katie you are the bestest group leader!!! Don't you ever doubt it!!!

Now can one of you Pm me the address so we can get flash-square-mob started LOL

Have a wonderful flag day!

kimgoodie

thank you all you "squares" for your support, and I can honestly say Pineknott, that I have an n hook, but have never really used it that I can recall, I have used o and p, and l and m,,,,,,dang! Poor N, feels all left out, gonna have to find a project for her!!!!!:think:crocheting

Thank you Abigail1280 for the wonderful squares!

Oh I'm glad they arrived!! Yay!

I've gotta make some more squares. Half my yarn in still in my car .. but at least I know where everything is.

I'm nearly done with the square I started earlier today. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Every time I make a square for someone, I try a new pattern. This one has been fun because it uses a crocodile stitch which I have never used before.

Just for fun, here's a hint: it is a 12" square...

Oh I'm glad they arrived!! Yay!

I've gotta make some more squares. Half my yarn in still in my car .. but at least I know where everything is.

YAY, that is half the battle, having your supplies at hand. Another thing too, I do my best work, when things are orderly and clean, do you all too, or am i just a little weird! lol

I'm nearly done with the square I started earlier today. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Every time I make a square for someone, I try a new pattern. This one has been fun because it uses a crocodile stitch which I have never used before.

Just for fun, here's a hint: it is a 12" square...

Ohhhhh guessing game,,,umm. I got a name in mind, starts with an A am I even close, lol

One of our loyal squares asked a good question. One I had thought of and failed at implicating, however due to her question, I re-tried, and now, lo and behold I did it! What exactly is IT you ask....

Well on the main list first post, when I have referenced a post number for more info, as the list is limited space wise, there will be a clickable link to take you to the page of that post. You may have to scroll a few down, but look for the post number! It will be on that page! This speeds up things a bit, when more info is needed for that particular person's preferences. The old fashioned way still works too,go page by page,yada yada,you all know that one!

ok, well, just wanted to say it worked this time, I guess I was more on the ball this time I tried it, lol soooo Thanks Brenda!:hug

."........It will also make us come here at least once a month, at the beginning if we want to win........we could call it eligibility requirements.......Or maybe just put people in the hopper that have at least posted once the prior month. I'm pulling at straws here but I do have squares to send to cindy Im waiting on a response first."

good ideas kim, we'll have to implicate some sort of requirment, so we make sure they KNOW they won, lol and want to be showered with Squares too!! i like those suggestions! thank you! :cheer

Has everyone that needed Cindy's address recieved it????

Archived