Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thanks Kuddles

Good morning! HOT here this weekend, in the 90s! Yikes! Will be using the pool here in the complex today for the first time!

Regarding number of squares: I have received 8, so I need at least 40 more.....

Have a great day all!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wifi was down alllllll weekend, and it came back up yesterday I wanted to upload the beautiful squares Sweet Sweet Katy donated to crochetcleveland yesterday and could not. I was waiting to call internet provider tonight, and its not my provider yeahhhhhhh.

Thank you Very much Katy

You are a doll baby

Kimgoodie

My wifi was down alllllll weekend, and it came back up yesterday I wanted to upload the beautiful squares Sweet Sweet Katy donated to crochetcleveland yesterday and could not. I was waiting to call internet provider tonight, and its not my provider yeahhhhhhh.

Thank you Very much Katy

You are a doll baby

Kimgoodie

I smiled when i read that, haven't been called doll baby, since, I was little! and your welcome. I will continue to send a few your way now and then if you like!

katyallen8090 Thanks so much for the squares...they are perfect

Snookie, you are welcome, glad you can use them...

Other bizz.....

has anyone completed their pledge to CindysSweetThings??? I have, and mailed, but no word from her on here, or email, or pm....Im thinking if you made them, you do have till the end of June if you want to mail now or later,is up to you, For next month, if the Biggest Square chosen doesn't answer a pm in response to mine, within an alotted time frame, I think maybe her name will go back in the hat, and move on to another choice, I hate to do that but guess I didn't think far enough ahead, ha ha. I know Cindy is active here on the thread, so will continue to honor her, but sure would be nice to hear from her, I sure hope everything is ok! :think ANyone else got any imput on this?? thanks in advance!

Gonna go look for an easy peasy lightweight summerish type shawl for a friend that lives in Calif. but is here visiting for a couple months......I have picked the yarn out, but so far, not sure on what to do with it, lol off to ponder, you all have a great evening!!!! :hug

From Distinctives123:

may i please add 2 more colors to my preference. As I am tying to make a ghan for a couisn of mine with MS and also one for a little girl.

8 inch blue ( any shades of blue)

8 inch purple ( any shades of purple)

IF i may please add these..Thank you

Hi,

I don't have room on the list for a lot of different color or size requests, however, I can refer them to this post number. working on several at a time, is a big request! And very time consuming, not to mention ambitious! I would imagine!:eek

I have my squares for CindysSweetThings finished adn packaged waiting to be mailed out Saturday.

On a bad note, I just found out that my niece found her mother passed away in her home this morning.... Please her daughter in your thoughts and prayers :hug

I have squares ready for Cindysweetthings but need an address so I was waiting til I saw her back here.

Immafreak, I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss, I will keep all of you in prayer.

I am pledging four 4" squares for Cindy's ghan. I am loving this idea. Especially for the newbies who have not recieved much love thus far.

I'm sorry to hear about your niece's mum immafreak. Your family is in our prayers xx

I smiled when i read that, haven't been called doll baby, since, I was little! and your welcome. I will continue to send a few your way now and then if you like!

Yes please anything ones you can spare will be quite helpful.

Snookie, you are welcome, glad you can use them...

Other bizz.....

has anyone completed their pledge to CindysSweetThings??? I have, and mailed, but no word from her on here, or email, or pm....Im thinking if you made them, you do have till the end of June if you want to mail now or later,is up to you, For next month, if the Biggest Square chosen doesn't answer a pm in response to mine, within an alotted time frame, I think maybe her name will go back in the hat, and move on to another choice, I hate to do that but guess I didn't think far enough ahead, ha ha. I know Cindy is active here on the thread, so will continue to honor her, but sure would be nice to hear from her, I sure hope everything is ok! :think ANyone else got any imput on this?? thanks in advance!

I agree....It will also make us come her at least once a month, at the beginning if we want to win........we could call it eligibility requirements.......Or maybe just put people in the hopper that have at least posted once the prior month. I'm pulling at straws here but I do have squares to send to cindy Im waiting on a response first.

Gonna go look for an easy peasy lightweight summerish type shawl for a friend that lives in Calif. but is here visiting for a couple months......I have picked the yarn out, but so far, not sure on what to do with it, lol off to ponder, you all have a great evening!!!! :hug

Good Luck, I have found sometimes it takes me more time to look for my next project...than it does to make it....lol

So so sorry to hear of your loss

I have my squares for CindysSweetThings finished adn packaged waiting to be mailed out Saturday.

On a bad note, I just found out that my niece found her mother passed away in her home this morning.... Please her daughter in your thoughts and prayers :hug

Can someone fill me in? What is the biggest square?

Hi Krafty,

the Biggest Square is a name drawn at random from our member list, in order to shower her or him with squares for that month. We pledge a certain amount, such as 2 of the type and colors they have listed, and send it sometime during that month. On the first of the following month, another name is randomly chosen, and so on and so forth..

It is basically a fun thing to do, but helps others to reach their goal a little faster, and it's fun to help people complete their ghans, then we get to see eye candy on the thread! (course, whenever that gets fixed on the ville)

This month was CindysSweetThings, but no one has heard from her all month, she ws on vacation till the 9th, but still no word... I sent my pledge anyway, cause I had her address from a previous puffy going out, but so far, haven't heard a peep from her either on the thread or email, or pm. I hope everything is ok!!

Ok, so if you are interested in participating, you may make a pledge on the thread here, and then mail out when someone gets a reply on her whereabouts, and address request!

Who knows. maybe next month, it'll be you!!!!! have fun! :clap

Jeez, so sorry to hear that....condolences to the family.

I have squares ready for Cindysweetthings but need an address so I was waiting til I saw her back here.

Immafreak, I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss, I will keep all of you in prayer.

I know, i wish Cindy would check in with us....

Thank you katyallen8090 for the wonderful square.

I love it. :cheer

you're so welcome!

I am pledging four 4" squares for Cindy's ghan. I am loving this idea. Especially for the newbies who have not recieved much love thus far.

I'm sorry to hear about your niece's mum immafreak. Your family is in our prayers xx

wow cool, four squares, wonderful! This is gonna be such a surprise when she checks in with us!! :hug

The Skoggy's have you in our thoughts Immafreek. :hug

I've not made my pledges for Cindy yet as I'm waiting for her response to your PM etc, Katy. Once we hear, I'll crack on with them. :)

Thank you for the thoughts everyone. :hug I want to do something special for Alexis ( my niece), her mother was my older sister..... but Im not sure what at the moment..... Any thoughts?

Thank you for the thoughts everyone. :hug I want to do something special for Alexis ( my niece), her mother was my older sister..... but Im not sure what at the moment..... Any thoughts?

I'm so sorry about your sister. :hug

I will pledge four 4" squares for Cindy also. Do I just wait for her to post here and then pm for her address?

Yeah, that''s terrific krafty, and yes, either wait till we hear, or if I hear first I will warn her of pm bombardment for her address, ha ha...thanks for you pledges, everyone, she might come close to being finished when this is over! :cheer

I have just put in a final plea to Cindy, both pm and email, and if no reponse within a couple days, I guess we'll do one and or more of several things,

:eek :thinkeek :think:eek:think

1. still send what we have, (if you chose) but make no more pledges.

2. call it a wash this month, and know that next month better guidelines will asuredly be in place...

3. Assume something is preventing cindy from contacting us about this, or that she just doesn't know how to tell us she doesn't need anymore, or is quitting the cal?

I see on her stats she checked in the ville at least yesterday, so am hopeful, that my most recent messages will convince her to come and visit with us, and get slammed with address requests! FOLLOWED by puffy's galore!:hug

I feel like i failed you all, so sorry, but maybe it can be saved soon! Coulda shoulda woulda, hind sight is 20/20!

Don't be silly, you shouldn't feel like you have failed us. It's not your fault. :hug

We shall see what happens and then learn from it. :)

You are doing a great job of leading this CAL.

I will pledge four 4" squares for Cindy also. Do I just wait for her to post here and then pm for her address?

Don't be silly, you shouldn't feel like you have failed us. It's not your fault. :hug

We shall see what happens and then learn from it. :)

You are doing a great job of leading this CAL.

thanks! I was surrendering to a "moment of despair" which pleased to say, left almost as quickly as it arrived, and thanks for your kind words, soooo back to the hook I go, this shall not defeat me, I shall defeat it, lol :manyheart and if not, certainly will know the reason why! :lol

(*dying to try some delicious ILTY in varigated colors I just picked up today and on sale !! )

Archived