Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
new donation lapghan:

Chocolate Covered Cherries Round Ripple using Red Heart TLC Essentials in Choco Cherry, Claret, and Dark Brown plus Caron 1-Pounder in Lace.

Gorgeous!!! I love the color combo :manyheart

new donation lapghan:

Chocolate Covered Cherries Round Ripple using Red Heart TLC Essentials in Choco Cherry, Claret, and Dark Brown plus Caron 1-Pounder in Lace.

Love it! I love your use of color. It looks yummy!:clap:clap:clap

new donation lapghan:

Great job- I love the color combo!!!!:)

The cat afghan finally is completed and it went home on Easter. The picture of the afghan is posted on my blog here. I had some help getting across the finish line.

Stunning! That is a gorgeous afghan. Good job! :clap

The cat afghan finally is completed and it went home on Easter. The picture of the afghan is posted on my blog here. I had some help getting across the finish line.

Gorgeous, you definitely logged some hours in with this masterpiece :yes

Great job :clap:yay

After yesterday, I now have 2 baby girl blankets to do for 2 different people, so I'd like to get them done before my friend finds out what her twins will be :yes

afghan I started while sitting with MIL in the hosp until 1:30 am. I had started it quite some time ago and didn't like it and picked it up again to work on. Ripped out a row and started with the teal (yes it doesn't look teal, dumb phone pic) and was 3 rows in when I decided I should count..and there was an error back in the variegated. Ripped and re-did 2 or 3 times..I guess I didn't much learn to count! Finally got past that. Here is how far I got.

post-35596-135897753755_thumb.jpg

afghan I started while sitting with MIL in the hosp until 1:30 am. I had started it quite some time ago and didn't like it and picked it up again to work on. Ripped out a row and started with the teal (yes it doesn't look teal, dumb phone pic) and was 3 rows in when I decided I should count..and there was an error back in the variegated. Ripped and re-did 2 or 3 times..I guess I didn't much learn to count! Finally got past that. Here is how far I got.

Frustrating, but beautiful.

Very pretty colors together and I like how the blue makes it 'pop' :yes

I haven't been on much but in looking back over the posts I see some of you all have been very busy... lol

All the afghans look beautiful! :clap

I did finish up the Rose Fillet afghan for my Facebook group you can see it on my blog here.

Thanks for looking... got to get back to the taxes :(:P

:mug:cat:yarn

I haven't been on much but in looking back over the posts I see some of you all have been very busy... lol

I did finish up the Rose Fillet afghan for my Facebook group you can see it on my blog here.

That is flippin' GORGEOUS! How did you do the pattern (are those squares?) around the rose? Oh I just love this!!!

That is flippin' GORGEOUS! How did you do the pattern (are those squares?) around the rose? Oh I just love this!!!

Thanks Deb! I had a lot of fun and agravation with this one :lol The small flowers were the starting point. Their original pattern would have been with the flower on a solid never ending granny type square with a rectangle in the same never ending granny as the center, surrounded by more rows of double crochet. Nice pattern for a baby blanket but boring and I didn't want to make a baby blanket. So I kept the flowers and went off on my own :hook. The small flowers are your standard 6 petal flower (2 rows) with 1 row of green, then solid Dc of cream. (that was all of the mystery CAL that I used) Because I wanted to have a more open look to match the Center Rose I did: Dc 1, ch 1, sk 1 with the corners (Dc 2, ch 1, dc 2). Then because the flower squares didn't measure enough to go around the edge of the Center Rose I added 4" filler between them. Oh I forgot I put small arrows on the last 2 rows of the squares and the diamond in the filler space because I didn't want it to be just plain. :blush Then I realized I would not have enough cream yarn to complete the center extentions and joining. So I went on a hunt for a pink to match the pink in the flowers. 4 stores later I found a match in Red Heart Soft. I'm not sure how to write out the instructions for the small squares and filler bits, well actually the filler bits really are the fiddly parts.. lol. That and the extentions to the Center Rose were the crazy parts but then if I hadn't been working from the outside in to the Rose it would have been easier but then what fun would that have been... :lol

Looking good so far!

Beautiful! Sounds like it was a lot of work, but it was worth it!

That is going to be really pretty! Frustrating having to rip it out and fix a mistake, but it's beautiful!

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Archived