Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

At long last, I have finished this afghan. The goal was to use up all of the yarn in my stash of these three colors. I worked on this thing until I got so sick of it, I just had to stop. And yes, there is still yarn left over.

Stats:

72 rows - 42,198 stitches - 7.5 pounds - shown on a queen sized bed.

That is really pretty :hug How long did that take to make ? :cheerfor getting it finished

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished my other Bernat Mystery ghan.

[ATTACH]55127[/ATTACH]

I love it with the pastels :manyheart I also love your layout too.

I STILL have not done my border yet, probably because I haven't decided on what to do AND it's been to hot to work on a ghan since my sister won't turn the AC on yet :( Hopefully within the next week since it's starting to cool a bit :xfin

Cant decide if I want to try to turn this into an afghan, or make several and use them as doilies under our living room lamps. I have decided though that the "wrong" side looks better than the "right" side with this pattern and a variegated yarn. :)

I think it would make an awesome afghan, but it would also make super cute doilies :think I guess I'm not much help :shrug Love the colorway!

I made this in the last couple days. It was pretty simple until the border...the first round of which took me 4 tries...:angry Anyway, this is the Baby Delight Blanket from Mary Maxim. It's hard to see but the yarn is pink, white and light purple. My edge ended up ruffley but the picture of the ghan shows it flat. Oh well. It's done.

post-21933-135897757782_thumb.jpg

Poking back in here...

Started the "Dainty Textured Blanket" from Ravelry last night. Already making some progress and LOVING the pattern so far (simple repeats are my friend!). Will hopefully finish it this week.

Braxxi, that is a beautiful afghan! I like the ruffled edge, makes it very elegant to me! Great work!

Fabulous job to all of you on your gorgeous creations. Thanks Nicole for starting this thread! :hug

I made this in the last couple days. It was pretty simple until the border...the first round of which took me 4 tries...:angry Anyway, this is the Baby Delight Blanket from Mary Maxim. It's hard to see but the yarn is pink, white and light purple. My edge ended up ruffley but the picture of the ghan shows it flat. Oh well. It's done.

[ATTACH]55262[/ATTACH]

This is beautiful :manyheart I would have never known the edge should've been flat, it definitely looks like it should be that way :yes

Earlier today I had this:

post-18684-135897758379_thumb.jpg

After 5 hours of working on the edging I had to rip out all 2,160 stitches! So, I set my goal for the day to finish this blanket one way or another!

Right as my husband was getting in from work, I pulled it out of the washer. It is now blocking nicely. 9,776 stitches, 3 skeins of ILTY in Pink & 4 days later this is the result:

post-18684-135897758385_thumb.jpg

36.5"x36" (almost square!) Dainty Textured Baby Blanket on Ravelry for the pattern. "J" hook. I didn't have enough yarn for the picot edge, but maybe next time.

[ATTACH]55262[/ATTACH]

Love the ruffly edge!!!

[ATTACH]55365[/ATTACH]

After 5 hours of working on the edging I had to rip out all 2,160 stitches! So, I set my goal for the day to finish this blanket one way or another!

Right as my husband was getting in from work, I pulled it out of the washer. It is now blocking nicely. 9,776 stitches, 3 skeins of ILTY in Pink & 4 days later this is the result:

[ATTACH]55366[/ATTACH]

36.5"x36" (almost square!) Dainty Textured Baby Blanket on Ravelry for the pattern. "J" hook. I didn't have enough yarn for the picot edge, but maybe next time.

It's beautiful and you have way more patience than I do!!!! It's lovely!

[ATTACH]55262[/ATTACH]

I think it's lovely! I have admired that kit from Mary Maxim, but haven't tried it.

[ATTACH]55365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55366[/ATTACH]

It turned out lovely! Frustrating to have spent that much time on it to rip it out but it is a success in the end. :)

I am almost finished with this afghan. Just 10 more rows to go.

Dee- that's a beautiful afghan- can't wait to see yours!

I finished the "brain dead' afghan last night- it's really more of a lapghan size I think, but like how it turned out. Went to take a pic, and the camera battery is dead so have to charge it.

I'll be out for the day- so hopefully can get a pic before the sun goes down later on!

Dee- that's a beautiful afghan- can't wait to see yours!

I finished the "brain dead' afghan last night- it's really more of a lapghan size I think, but like how it turned out. Went to take a pic, and the camera battery is dead so have to charge it.

I'll be out for the day- so hopefully can get a pic before the sun goes down later on!

I can't wait to see a pic of yours.

I finished my afghan. I'm glad that I finished it before the weather got super hot. Now I'll work on smaller things for a while :)

post-22492-135897758795_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished another afghan yesterday. I'm going to try to squeeze one more ripple out and then stop until fall, lol. This is another kit and it was a fairly easy pattern to make. Super quick to work up too ;)

post-22492-135897760999_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]55365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55366[/ATTACH]

I finished my afghan. I'm glad that I finished it before the weather got super hot. Now I'll work on smaller things for a while :)

Finished another afghan yesterday. I'm going to try to squeeze one more ripple out and then stop until fall, lol. This is another kit and it was a fairly easy pattern to make. Super quick to work up too ;)

All of these are gorgeous!!!!! :manyheart Great work ladies

[ATTACH]55365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55366[/ATTACH]

All of these are just gorgeous! Great work, ladies!

Wow! All of the afghans are gorgeous.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. My time (and therefore 'Ville time) has been spent doing other things...mostly softball. The spring season wraps up 6/22. I think I'm going to take the summer off. I like being busy, but this is crazy!

I hope everyone is doing well. :hug

There are some amazing ghans you folks are doing!

I started the "Drop in the Pond" ghan and it's going pretty fast. can't wait to get some pics.

Ooh, look at this - I'm jumping into my first ever CAL already!

I just finished my first ever crochet project (apart from a few practice squares I did last year) - a baby blanket for my cousin's new baby girl who was born at the end of May. I made a tiny snafu and forgot to connect a little bit between two squares, so I crocheted a little flower and attached it where it had been left open. I'm quite pleased with the results and I hope little Carmen Isla will enjoy being snuggled up in her new blanket when I deliver it to them in July (we're going to visit when we go for a holiday with family there - they live 400 miles away).

4a290512.jpg

4b290512.jpg

4c290512.jpg

This is the blanket I'm currently working on for my 3-y-o son, Xander (he saw Carmen's blanket and demanded a Big Boy Blanket for himself immediately!). I've added one more row to this since I took this photo and have another row to add then a border and it will be finished.

sblanket050612.jpg

Finally, I've been experimenting with a few squares to decide what I will use for another blanket - this time for myself in dark marl grey and white.

The daisy square took forever to complete and I did it following videos. I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out, but I think with practice it'll look better. However, I don't think this is the square I'll use for my blanket.

060612daisysquarefirsta.jpg

Next I tried a circle within a square. This was my first attempt and I thin kit's not too bad. A second attempt as slightly better. I like this one, but I'm not sure it's the one for my blanket. This was also my first ever attempt at following a pattern on paper without any videos, so it was a little scary! Fortunately, it was easy to follow and hasn't put me off. ;)

080612holidayblanketsqu.jpg

Finally, I decided to experiment with filet crochet. I designed this myself and although I only completed one of them (and it didn't turn out as an exact square unfortunately), it's meant to be completed as a quartet to create a slightly Quaker-ish pattern (I love using the Quaker style in my cross stitch designs and thought it might translate to crochet).

090612quakerstylefillet.jpg

And by the magic of computer jiggery-pokery, here's roughly how four might look together:

quakerx4.jpg

I shall continue to experiment with different patterns for my afghan, but in the meantime, I shall be working on finishing Xan's blanket. :)

Apologies for the pics not posting in the thread - I shall have to work out how to do that, but in the meantime, you can see them by clicking on the links. :)

I'd like to join this one. I make lapghans and baby blankets for a local hospital. I love the afghans in Show and Tell, and when I "lapsed" for about a year, I still make time to check in to look at them.

Right now I have two baby blankets started - a Daisy Round Ripple and a boring, boring lavender one in a climbing shells pattern that I WILL finish eventually.

[ATTACH]55262[/ATTACH]

This is gorgeous, Braxi!!!

Great blankets and squares Kell!!

Braxxi- Love your DS's blanket!!!

I finished 2 baby blankets that have been gifted and I'm working on a ripple in between other projects!

Kell1976, your baby blankets are lovely, and so are your squares. I really like that fillet square and think 4 of them arranged like your computer aided picture would be a great central motif in a lacy shawl.

Archived