Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

I haven't been working on any afghan in ages! However, I started & finished one this week! :clap

It's a 20pt round ripple (RoseRed's pattern)

7mm hook and ILTY, made to 40" across.

post-18684-135897755748_thumb.jpg

You all have been making some beautiful afghans!

Hopefully this blanket will get me motivated to do some others.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been working on any afghan in ages! However, I started & finished one this week! :clap

[ATTACH]54882[/ATTACH]

That is beautiful!!! I am definately going to look up her pattern :)

I finally finished!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not really happy with it, I was doing the Roses remembered afghan, and I was not happy with the size, then I didnt like the rose squares (I didnt like the way it looked on the back, so I left out the rose squares)

soooooo, I just made extra squares, and put a border around it. It is about 5ft by 5ft. I think I messed up with the border, I dont like how it is all wavy and doesn't lie flat.:(

I am giving it to someone--Does it look okay this way??

post-50230-13589775579_thumb.jpg

post-50230-135897755792_thumb.jpg

post-50230-135897755793_thumb.jpg

It sure looks like a big week for finishing things :yes

I finished this one today. :)

Beautiful :manyheart I love your border.

[ATTACH]54882[/ATTACH]

WTG!!! It looks great :manyheart

I am not really happy with it, I was doing the Roses remembered afghan, and I was not happy with the size, then I didnt like the rose squares (I didnt like the way it looked on the back, so I left out the rose squares)

soooooo, I just made extra squares, and put a border around it. It is about 5ft by 5ft. I think I messed up with the border, I dont like how it is all wavy and doesn't lie flat.:(

I think it will be fine. But you're still concerned, maybe you can add a round of sc and double them up so it looks like it's supposed to be ruffley :think But, I really think it's fine like that. It's quite minimal and how often to people lay it out flat :think

I think it looks fine. I like it. And after a few washes I think most of that wavy-ness will go away. That's what I think anyway :)

Love the colors!

[ATTACH]54882[/ATTACH]

Very cute!

I think it looks fine, too. Great job!

At long last, I have finished this afghan. The goal was to use up all of the yarn in my stash of these three colors. I worked on this thing until I got so sick of it, I just had to stop. And yes, there is still yarn left over.

Stats:

72 rows - 42,198 stitches - 7.5 pounds - shown on a queen sized bed.

post-14703-135897755865_thumb.jpg

post-14703-13589775587_thumb.jpg

At long last, I have finished this afghan. The goal was to use up all of the yarn in my stash of these three colors. I worked on this thing until I got so sick of it, I just had to stop. And yes, there is still yarn left over.

Stats:

That is beautiful! And huge, lol! Great job :)

Stats:

It's gorgeous and huge :manyheart

Hello all,

I just thought i would come join the fun of making afghans. I started working the shells and stripes baby blanket by Kim Cameron http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shells--stripes-baby-blanket

I am using Loops & Threads Impeccable in aran and forest. this blanket will be going to my nephew

Happy Stitching:crocheting

Hello all,

I just thought i would come join the fun of making afghans. I started working the shells and stripes baby blanket by Kim Cameron http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shells--stripes-baby-blanket

I am using Loops & Threads Impeccable in aran and forest. this blanket will be going to my nephew

That's very pretty :manyheart

Stats:

Wow, that's huge! Great job!

[ATTACH]54882[/ATTACH]

Great job!!!

It looks beautiful!!!

Stats:

Holy toledo- that is huge!! And Beautiful!!!! Kudos to you!!!

I just finished a baby RR for my DD's friend who is having a baby boy. Not really baby colors- but the room is going to be green/beige, so these colors from my stash seemed to work.

post-27163-135897756277_thumb.jpg

That's very pretty :manyheart

yes i thought so too:hook and its fun to work up

I just finished a baby RR for my DD's friend who is having a baby boy. Not really baby colors- but the room is going to be green/beige, so these colors from my stash seemed to work.

very nice RR!:manyheart

I have a few strips of the shells done hopefully I will get the rest done today and start the stripes. this is a very simple pattern but oh so pretty!

post-59918-135897756315_thumb.jpg

Great job!!!

It looks beautiful!!!

Holy toledo- that is huge!! And Beautiful!!!! Kudos to you!!!

Beautiful rr :manyheart

Cant decide if I want to try to turn this into an afghan, or make several and use them as doilies under our living room lamps. I have decided though that the "wrong" side looks better than the "right" side with this pattern and a variegated yarn. :)

post-44633-135897757154_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897757158_thumb.jpg

I finished my other Bernat Mystery ghan.

[ATTACH]55127[/ATTACH]

Love this!

[ATTACH]55127[/ATTACH]

Beautiful! I really like your layout :)

Cant decide if I want to try to turn this into an afghan, or make several and use them as doilies under our living room lamps. I have decided though that the "wrong" side looks better than the "right" side with this pattern and a variegated yarn. :)

That is really pretty. Is that pattern from the Chicks with Sticks book? I never would have thought of trying to make it an afghan. I love your colorway. What is that?

That is really pretty. Is that pattern from the Chicks with Sticks book? I never would have thought of trying to make it an afghan. I love your colorway. What is that?

The pattern I'm using is from Crochet Stitches Visual Dictionary, but it may have another source as well to get into the Dictionary. The colorway is Strange Magic by Bernat Mosaic. LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors!

I love to visit this thread. I'm finally back to working on my ladybug afghan. All the squares are done. The ladybug bodies and flowers are attached to all the squares. I am now making wings. I've done about 5 - some better than others, but it's going along. I am trying to catch up with my 'read along' on Ravelry, so hanging out in my chair and crocheting while listening to my audiobook.

I love to visit this thread. I'm finally back to working on my ladybug afghan. All the squares are done. The ladybug bodies and flowers are attached to all the squares. I am now making wings. I've done about 5 - some better than others, but it's going along. I am trying to catch up with my 'read along' on Ravelry, so hanging out in my chair and crocheting while listening to my audiobook.

ohhh that lady bug afghan sounds really pretty!!!! :manyheart

Stats:

Amazing! Congrats on finishing it!:cheer:cheer:cheerwow you must of had a huge stash of that yarn to make that and still have some left over:eek

[ATTACH]54882[/ATTACH]

Beautiful blanket!:cheer:cheer:cheerI wish we could get ILTY here I love the colorways I have seen.

[ATTACH]55127[/ATTACH]

that is one beautiful 'ghan!:cheer:cheer:cheer

well I started a new afghan for myself barely got one row off when my eyes decided to say 'we are closing so you might as well get some sleep':lol I spent all day yesterday on the laptop going through patterns, collecting them and organizing them to folders and on my Rav library lol

so this new afghan is Homespun's Domestic Bliss and I am using up some fall stash in '395 Golden', 410 Herb Garden & 396 Fiesta'.

but today I need some intstant satisfaction so i'm working on a 'Bobbled Fat Bottom Wristlet' for the days/nights you just don't need a big bag with you:hook:crocheting

Archived