Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

Braxi, that's beautiful! It tempts me to buy the kit to get the pattern. I think the border looks fine ruffled.

What size did yours turn out? On the site it says it is 31x34, but it definitely looks square. What was the name of the color you chose? I liked most of the yarn choices, leaning toward Sweet Tart, but the Tutti Fruiti is luscious too!

This is JUST what I need to do - spend more money to buy more yarn to start another project, but I did decree this to be the summer of the baby blanket.

I posted my three most recent over on Afghan Show and Tell.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the finish Joanne.

For some reason I can't get myself into the mood to work on afghans when its hot outside. I have two that are close to finished, but lack ambition to take them out and work on them. It must be their size, because I have no problem making shawls, hats and scarves in summer.

Have my latest rr done. I was pleased how it turned out. About 5' across. Nice generous lap blanket!

I don't know why the picture is so small. Now to figure out what I did wrong..

post-35596-135897764918_thumb.jpg

Great colors on the RR Mary!!!!

Cindy- I don't mind working on an afghan even when it's hot outside. I sit downstairs in my family room and the central AC is on. It's always cooler down there than upstairs!!! I

Pretty round ripple, Mary. I would not have thought to use those colors.

Even when it's cool in my living room, I really don't like doing even the lapghans in the summer. My skin may say cool but my brain knows it's hot outside. I'm switching to baby blankets for the summer. They aren't that much smaller, but they sound smaller, and so more acceptable! Now that's crazy, isn't it?

I would be part of an AFGHAN CAL, I am currently trying to get started on a Wedding Ring Quilt that my husband & I can use. If it is okay to jump in please let me know.

Of course it's okay to jump in. The more the merrier! Welcome!

Have my latest rr done. I was pleased how it turned out. About 5' across. Nice generous lap blanket!

I don't know why the picture is so small. Now to figure out what I did wrong..

Ok..what I did wrong..and the really funny part..ITS THE WRONG ONE! :lol I did do that one, but that isn't the one I just finished :shrug:think

Try this one instead :D

The teal kinda color is a much darker teal color.

post-35596-13589776504_thumb.jpg

Mary, that round ripple is gorgeous!!

I also like the log cabin a lot. Looks like a great way to use up leftover yarn. Is it is done in rounds? (sounds like it is.) I love the quilt look afghans, but I really hate sewing things together.

Great afghans, Mary! I chuckled that you posted the wrong one. I love the one with teal- love anything with blues---

Like that log cabin look one too---what pattern is it ( if you can share)?

Mary, those are all very pretty! I really love that second ripple picture that you posted. Gorgeous :manyheart

I have a couple afghans going right now. I can't seem to stop making them, lol.

Mary, the second one you posted is gorgeous.

I'm working on baby blankets now (sort of mini-gans??) and have my lapghans on hold for a bit. But today I finally mastered the reverse sc. I don't know why I had such a hard time with that stitch - it just seemed so awkward and tedious. But this is great because I had often wanted to use it for an afghan edging. Now it's in my repertoire. Hooray!

I had started to work on a corner-to-corner throw but I could not for the life of me figure out how to make the 5th row, I am hoping that after things settle down a little bit I can start working on it again this week sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been working on the afghans that I had going.....However, I found a new project and started it last week.

I am doing rust colored centers and then shades of ivory, brown and green. I have one complete square done (wanted to see how the colors looked together), and about 10 in various stages of completion. And best of all, I only had to buy one skein of yarn. All the rest of the yarn was leftover from other projects.

Can I join in? My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan. I found the four house emblems on Ravelry last night and want to make them and join them together to make her an afghan for Christmas.

I've finished several baby afghans/blankets in the last couple of weeks - a daisy round ripple and two spiderweb patterns, one in light turquoise, one in yellow. There's nothing subtle about the round ripple - it's in RHSS white, bright yellow, and spring green. Let's just say it's bright. I'm working now on one in a shell pattern in yellow that I should be able to finish up in a few days.

With the Olympics, I'll be back to lapghans. I also have several other lapghan WIPs I'll be working on. I'll get pics up eventually, here or in the afghan show and tell.

Archived