Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is gorgeous - the colors are so rich. I've wanted to make one of those forever. At present I'm trying to work through my RH stash. I can't wait until it's all reduced to leftovers, and then, when I see what I really have, that is probably the top pattern on my list to play with.

Beautiful work. You've inspired me!

Thanks, ladies. It was a fun afghan to make, but all those color changes !!!! Blech!! Next time I will know better.

Here is where you can find the pattern.

http://www.caron.com/projects/ss_paints/ssp25_streamwave_throw.html

The colors I used are as follows, all Red Heart Super Saver:

Black - 5 skeins

1 skein each of: Raspberry, Claret, Spring Green, Paddy Green, Hunter Green. And I actually had enough of these colors to have made one more color section but I just wanted to finish it up.

The pattern calls for a G hook, but next time I would use an "H".

I would love to join, working on a graph ghan for my stepson. :D

Joanne~~ did you finish? I have never done a granny stripe, look forward to see yours.

Cindy~~ that patter looks very pretty, I went to look at your link and my tablet automatically downloaded the pattern, wonder if that means I am destined to make one? :think

Paula~~what a neet idea! She should love it! :cheer

Donna~~WOW sounds like you have been very busy!

Debbie~~that is beautiful! I empathize about the color changes and weaving ends, enough to make a person crazy some days! :yuck

Joanne~~ did you finish? I have never done a granny stripe, look forward to see yours.

Cindy~~ that patter looks very pretty, I went to look at your link and my tablet automatically downloaded the pattern, wonder if that means I am destined to make one? :think

Paula~~what a neet idea! She should love it! :cheer

Donna~~WOW sounds like you have been very busy!

Debbie~~that is beautiful! I empathize about the color changes and weaving ends, enough to make a person crazy some days! :yuck

I haven't finished the granny stripe! I keep starting other projects and then do a stripe or two here and there. It's coming along nicely! Since it's for me, I'm not in a hurry to finish. I usually bring it with me to craft club on Monday night because it's so easy to work on it AND talk at the same time:hook

Hi Christie! haven't "seen" you in a while. Hope you are doing well.

I really like the log cabin pattern. It's not quite as boring as a lot of afghans made from squares can be, because each square combines a few different patterns. I am doing them in a sort of modified assembly line form. I have 7 or 8 squares in various stages. When I get sick of one color, I move onto another color.

And yes,...maybe you are destined to make one!:devil

Ok..what I did wrong..and the really funny part..ITS THE WRONG ONE! :lol I did do that one, but that isn't the one I just finished :shrug:think

Try this one instead :D

The teal kinda color is a much darker teal color.

Pretty! My fav color turquoise! Love the star shape!

I made this in the last couple days. It was pretty simple until the border...the first round of which took me 4 tries...:angry Anyway, this is the Baby Delight Blanket from Mary Maxim. It's hard to see but the yarn is pink, white and light purple. My edge ended up ruffley but the picture of the ghan shows it flat. Oh well. It's done.

[ATTACH]55262[/ATTACH]

Adorable!

I have fallen in love with a new pattern that is going to be my go-to pattern for lapghans. It's Peppermint Delight in Leisure Art's Best Baby Afghans. Basically alternating rows of dc and v-st, with single rows of V's in contrasting color. In the book it's a two color pattern, but I started it with three and love it. I'll try to get up a pic on Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait to do a bunch of these - it's fast, simple-minded so it doesn't interfere with my audiobooks, and is endlessly variable. I sit daydreaming of all the combinations I could do.

:manyheart My New Pattern :manyheart

I have fallen in love with a new pattern that is going to be my go-to pattern for lapghans. It's Peppermint Delight in Leisure Art's Best Baby Afghans. Basically alternating rows of dc and v-st, with single rows of V's in contrasting color. In the book it's a two color pattern, but I started it with three and love it. I'll try to get up a pic on Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait to do a bunch of these - it's fast, simple-minded so it doesn't interfere with my audiobooks, and is endlessly variable. I sit daydreaming of all the combinations I could do.

:manyheart My New Pattern :manyheart

Isn't it fun when you find something you absolutely love and get all these ideas? Can't wait to see a finished picture!!!

I'm kind of like that right now with Queen Ann's Lace scarves. I'm on #8!:lol

I see I called it "Peppermint Delight", probably because I was thinking what a delightful pattern it is. Actually, it's Peppermint Wrapper. :lol

Joanne~~I wish we had a craft club around here! What colors are your afghan in?

Cindy~~I wasn't getting on for a while but all is well. Just..computer issues and time balancing issues. Four kids, ten grandkids, work and of course DH! Just life juggling. However I have recently realized that crochet is my "therepy" and without it I am a little :grumpy. So...getting back to it. You know, I think we are only a couple hours from one another, maybe some day we could meet? :hook. Anyway, am thinking of doing the log cabin for me. After finishing this graph ghan and two more :sigh

Donna~~looking forward to that pic :)

Joanne~~I wish we had a craft club around here! What colors are your afghan in?

Cindy~~I wasn't getting on for a while but all is well. Just..computer issues and time balancing issues. Four kids, ten grandkids, work and of course DH! Just life juggling. However I have recently realized that crochet is my "therepy" and without it I am a little :grumpy. So...getting back to it. You know, I think we are only a couple hours from one another, maybe some day we could meet? :hook. Anyway, am thinking of doing the log cabin for me. After finishing this graph ghan and two more :sigh

Donna~~looking forward to that pic :)

I'm using about 17-18 colors for the granny stripe afghan. I've gotten 46 stripes (92 rows) done!:clap It's the pattern from the Attic24 blog. I love how happy it makes me with all the colors!!

I also use crochet as my therapy!!! ;) i

Joann - I did a granny stripe with a lot of colors too, though I don't remember how many, fewer than you are using - it was fun. I made it not quite random, not a definite pattern, but the rule was that adjoining colors had to look good, at least to me. I stuck the photo here - I finished it in May 2011.

Christi - that's really neat (um, "neat" shows my age, doesn't it?)

This the new pattern I like so much - two WIPs. In the blue/purple one, I didn't like V's in the variegated yarn, so I just did 3 rows of dc. It's Caron Paints Oceana, or something like that. It really should have been a little brighter to go with the solid colors, but I had two random skeins of it and really nothing else to use it with. I'm trying to use up some of the odd things in the stash.

I would never have thought of using a singe row of V stitch. The border is in that color, so there will be a more solid area adjoining for weaving in the tails.

post-39480-135897769498_thumb.jpg

post-39480-1358977695_thumb.jpg

Yupp, "neat" shows yer age. But I totally got it! LOL Love your afghans! My problem with pictures is then I wanna try everything I see. Like a kid in a candy store

Christi, it would be fun to get together. My log cabin is coming along slowly, but I really like how its turning out.

:eek Joanne, that is a lot of colors! Must be awesome!

This is my afghan so far

Looking good!

Joann - I did a granny stripe with a lot of colors too, though I don't remember how many, fewer than you are using - it was fun. I made it not quite random, not a definite pattern, but the rule was that adjoining colors had to look good, at least to me. I stuck the photo here - I finished it in May 2011.

Christi - that's really neat (um, "neat" shows my age, doesn't it?)

This the new pattern I like so much - two WIPs. In the blue/purple one, I didn't like V's in the variegated yarn, so I just did 3 rows of dc. It's Caron Paints Oceana, or something like that. It really should have been a little brighter to go with the solid colors, but I had two random skeins of it and really nothing else to use it with. I'm trying to use up some of the odd things in the stash.

I would never have thought of using a singe row of V stitch. The border is in that color, so there will be a more solid area adjoining for weaving in the tails.

Great job!

Christi and Donna- Your afghan's are coming along nicely!!!!

Donna- I also made a granny stripe a while back and gave it to my DD for Christmas- when I think about it, it was Christmas of 2010! I used Vanna's and some Impeccable yarn on that one. On this one, I'm using the Stylecraft DK and I love the vibrancy of the colors. Hoping to work on it some more today

Woo! :woo I'd love to have both of you along.

I plan on working on my granny stripe afghan first. Here's a picture of it so far. I have a way to go, but I WILL finish this one before I start a new project. :P

[ATTACH]49569[/ATTACH]

I love this idea, and now I wish I'd picked up those ocean colors of Red Heart yarn while on vacation!

Archived