Any Afghan CAL

nicolep

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful afghans ladies! I actually did work on a star baby afghan on Friday while dreading the arrival of the severe weather in the area. I only managed a couple of rounds, but it is progress. Me and my family were lucky not to have lost anything in the storms, and no tornadoes touched down in our area. I wish I could say the same for so many others.

Beautiful afghans ladies! I actually did work on a star baby afghan on Friday while dreading the arrival of the severe weather in the area. I only managed a couple of rounds, but it is progress. Me and my family were lucky not to have lost anything in the storms, and no tornadoes touched down in our area. I wish I could say the same for so many others.

Glad you and your family are ok and the devastation caused by those storms is so sad. My heart and prayers go out to all affected by them.

A couple of rounds is progress! I took a break from the afghan I'm working on to work on a shawl to give my DD for her 30th this weekend...then I'll be back to it.

I finished a ripple lapghan this weekend. Not a great photo, my camera's memory card went bad so I had to figure out how to take a photo without it and upload it to my computer. I know, not a hard thing, but in the wee hours of the morning everything is hard, lol. Anyway, I didn't try as hard to hide our shabby couch as I normally would. Yes, it's dumpy. But we have chosen to live with it until our 3 year old is just a bit older. She tends to have a knack for ruining things like none of the other children have had, lol.

post-22492-13589774451_thumb.jpg

I was perusing new links on CPC and found this gorgeous afghan pattern. Looks like a lot of work, but it's a beauty!

Beautiful pattern! :manyheart Are you going to give it a go?

I finished a ripple lapghan this weekend. Not a great photo, my camera's memory card went bad so I had to figure out how to take a photo without it and upload it to my computer. I know, not a hard thing, but in the wee hours of the morning everything is hard, lol. Anyway, I didn't try as hard to hide our shabby couch as I normally would. Yes, it's dumpy. But we have chosen to live with it until our 3 year old is just a bit older. She tends to have a knack for ruining things like none of the other children have had, lol.

Gorgeous RR! :manyheart And good idea about the couch, but it's probably extremely comfy being all broke in :yes

Here's the lastest afghan I finished last night. It's a RR and will be a baby blanket for DD's friend. It's double stranded, used ILTY in medium brown and camo varigated. It's on a double bed. I started another one last night that's green and camo varigated.

That is so pretty!

so i took a sanity break from the ripple to make this one for a coworker...he and his wife are having a boy this month...

Gorgeous! What a fun afghan...it reminds me of spring. :D

I was perusing new links on CPC and found this gorgeous afghan pattern. Looks like a lot of work, but it's a beauty!

I love that afghan! I should probably join all of the squares on my other cable afghan before I start that one though, huh? :rofl

I'm so glad you're okay. :hug I'm in Indiana. I wasn't near the tornados either. There was so much devesation. It's very, very sad that so many lost their lives or all of their posessecions. :(

So pretty! You're just pumping out the afghans, aren't you?!? :cheer

Hi would love to join in with you all, I currently have 4 on the go.

1st is knitted have made about 40 odd squares out of the required 90

2nd was a retro babbette that I made years ago, needs reparing, some of the squres have come undone from the middle

3rd was a blanket I made for a work friend, end need weaving in

4th is a pink and purple scrappy granny square blanket that I started a few weeks a go.

I then have 4 more to make, a baby blanket for my sister-in-law, and 3 circle granny blankets for the cats (to match the bigger scrappy granny)

beautiful!

Beautiful pattern! :manyheart Are you going to give it a go?

I'm tempted. but I have two half done afghans made of squares that I really ought to finish first.

I love that afghan! I should probably join all of the squares on my other cable afghan before I start that one though, huh? :rofl

I'm thinking the same thing, but I do really like that pattern.....

Oooooo....I love those colors!!!!

2nd was a retro babbette that I made years ago, needs reparing, some of the squres have come undone from the middle

4th is a pink and purple scrappy granny square blanket that I started a few weeks a go.

I then have 4 more to make, a baby blanket for my sister-in-law, and 3 circle granny blankets for the cats (to match the bigger scrappy granny)

:hi Welcome!

:welcome

I'm slacking. I haven't picked up an afghan to work on it in 6 weeks. Maybe once I can get over this hump in a few weeks I can start on it again.

Looks like MIL will be temporary receptionist in FIL's office while we're there on vacation at the end of the month, so I likely won't have MIL to watch the kids so I can work on the afghan :lol Ahh well.

I've been working on a wedding afghan all weekend. The Marcelle, a kit from Mary Maxim. I really like it so far, only 24 more rows to go.

http://www.marymaxim.com/marcelle-afghan.html

Oh that is really pretty!!! :manyheart

I put off crocheting--I started painting my bedroom and bathroom.

I am still working on my Roses remembered afghan, but I think I am going to forget the roses. I have all my middle squares sewn together, and I am just putting a double crochet border around. I am thinking of putting some flowers scattered all around the border. I dont know yet ???

It is nice to see everyone's progress!!! I will try and post a picture of what I have done.

I have got to join in. It has taken me 3 sittings to scan through all the posts. I have seen some amazing pictures. A lot of talented ladies in here.

I am currently working on a baby blanket for the arrival of a nephew in June. I have made them for all my neices and nephews so far. I decided on a doily-ghan using this pattern. http://pandacrochet.8m.com/spiralsmplcity.html

I have about 14 inches across done so far. I'm using a Caron pounder in white. I started a few weeks ago they have since found out they are expecting a boy so I plan to do the picot round in baby blue. I'll have to see if I can track down the camera to add a picture.

Once this blanket is done I plan to dig through WIP-city that is living in totes under my bed. I have no idea what I have down there and refuse to look until this is done. I figure it's best that way. :devil

Keep up the great work ladies. I'll check back in soon.

post-23834-135897745855_thumb.jpg

I have got to join in. It has taken me 3 sittings to scan through all the posts. I have seen some amazing pictures. A lot of talented ladies in here.

I am currently working on a baby blanket for the arrival of a nephew in June. I have made them for all my neices and nephews so far. I decided on a doily-ghan using this pattern. http://pandacrochet.8m.com/spiralsmplcity.html

I have about 14 inches across done so far. I'm using a Caron pounder in white. I started a few weeks ago they have since found out they are expecting a boy so I plan to do the picot round in baby blue. I'll have to see if I can track down the camera to add a picture.

Once this blanket is done I plan to dig through WIP-city that is living in totes under my bed. I have no idea what I have down there and refuse to look until this is done. I figure it's best that way. :devil

:welcome Beautiful work!

Very pretty!

Y'all will be so proud of me! :P I worked on my Pam's Comfort Cables afghan today. I have had the squares done for that afghan for about a year. I've had it sitting in my closet with two strips joined for a looooooong time. I pulled it out today and put borders on all of the squares. Plus I got another strip joined. I'm not too far from being done, but needed a break. Hopefully I'll have the motivation to get that finished before the next Bernat clue comes out Wednesday. :xfin

Y'all will be so proud of me! :P I worked on my Pam's Comfort Cables afghan today. I have had the squares done for that afghan for about a year. I've had it sitting in my closet with two strips joined for a looooooong time. I pulled it out today and put borders on all of the squares. Plus I got another strip joined. I'm not too far from being done, but needed a break. Hopefully I'll have the motivation to get that finished before the next Bernat clue comes out Wednesday. :xfin

Yay!!! Hopefully your motivation keeps up now that you can see the finish line. :cheer

Yay!!! Hopefully your motivation keeps up now that you can see the finish line. :cheer

I hope so. I kept dreaming about the afghan Saturday night. :rofl That's why I pulled it out yesterday. I'm looking forward to working on it some tonight.

Archived