2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after getting 3 skeins from HL yesterday for the bernat cal and going to the knit & crochet festival today.....my score plummeted. But, it's the first time I picked up any yarn this year. And from the festival, 5 of the skeins are tiny, so will get used up quickly as well :)

WTD -16; YTD +1

While I have been crocheting I am not using enough yarn to count. I did spend some time yesterday sorting through some of the yarn I have stashed in the bedroom. I put like colors together in large kitchen bags. I have gathered the balls and skeins where I have used some of the yarn into one big bag stored in the living/dining room where I do most of my crocheting. So my score for the week ending 2/11/12:

WTD: -23 YTD: -29

Awesome week! Knocked off twenty skeins this week, still only finished four baby afghans. :( But, I'm almost finished on eight giant granny squares, so if I have another really good week, I'll be able to eliminate some WIPs! :clap

My Score for the Week Ending:

February 11th, 2012!

WTD: +40, YTD: +214

:clap:clap:clap Okay, maybe a few more gratuitous smilies!

:fame:bow:cake:day:ghug:welcome:hi:mail:gotmail:help:applause:badidea:idea:goodorbad:faint:soap:flying:lookout:neener:confused:box:tryme:thair:night:book:ccompute:ebay:shop:2magic:interest:rain

:snow:flake:2snow:sman:wbrr:wcold:wgrin:wlol:2snow <- This is in honor of our weekend snow!

Well, my positive score just took a some dive! :devil But, I'm good with that. I brought home 8 very pretty skeins of ILTC from HL, and then we stoppe by Michael's where there were 4 lonely skeins of Vanna's Choice Raspberry yarn setting in the clearance bin begging me to rescue them & give them a loving home, so I held my basket down & allowed then to jump in. :c9. They were so happy to be going to a loving home where they will be among friends while I wait for them to tell me what they want to be. They haven't decided yet.

So, my scores stand as follows:

WTD -21 / YTD -23

I've had an unusually productive crochet week (well, for me anyway! :lol). I started out with getting a panel done for a panel afghan I'm making, that finished off 3 skeins and turned the remainder into a ball... so +7 for that...

...then, I finished off 3 more skeins (they were small partials...) on an Ugly But Warm hat... so another +6 for that...

...then, I worked on my magic ball afghan yesterday, and knocked out 2 balls and a skein, so another +4 for that...

...AND I gifted 4 skeins of cotton!! +8 for that... SOOOO.... altogether, I'm looking at a week ending score of...

Week ending 2/11/2012 ~ WTD +25 / YTD +37 !!!!

Wow, looks like this was a good week to do some shopping!

I didn't get much crocheting done this week; I caught a nasty cold, and it's been kicking my butt since Tuesday.:fever:sick:sneeze:out On the plus side, I had no interest in yarn shopping. :lol

I did manage to finish one skein of yarn, so I'm at:

WTD: +2; YTD: -84

This is the first time I've had a positive wtd this year- cool!

Not sure when I'll be posting scores tomorrow, but they should be up by early afternoon.

Hooks and wallets were flying this week! We used 90.5 skeins and added 58.5 skeins!

Way to Bust that Stash!

Joyfulghans +40 Gold Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Braxxi +27 Silver Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

crabby rat +25 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

TurtleLvr +19

pineknott +17

CLLinda +9

lhasaapsolady +8

greyhoundgrandma +7

cshort +6

Needle Arts +5

prettywoman030981 +4

Ravenaier +4

walker1021 +4

fc1123 +2

yarn_geek +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

unicorn37757 +1

Holding Steady!

Abigail1280 0

Amibel 0

dragonpuck 0

Ellie 13 0

HollyzHobbyz 0

kraftynkrazy 0

New Yarn!

marpan79 -16

cris -17

sahm2g1b -21

tnkycrochetnut -23

FrLopLady -40 Shoot the Moon!!! -Tag, you're it!:devil

If I made any mistakes or forgot anyone, let me know and I'll fix it!:)

Drat...I completely forgot to put in my ginormous totals for this week! I think what I'm going to need to do is just add them to next week's score. I didn't outdo the big winner, so I don't think any harm's done in doing that! :lol

You forgot me, but it doesn't matter because my score was 0. I didn't do as much :crocheting as I wanted to. I did read the book Dead Men Don't Crochet though :lol. I went to Michaels and got 2 skeins to finish an afghan (-4) :(. Today I used 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+3) :cheer. I'm doing OK so far this week.

WTD: - 1 YTD: + 7

Ellie 13

Hooks and wallets were flying this week! We used 90.5 skeins and added 58.5 skeins!

Way to bust that stash!

Joyfulghans +40 Gold Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Braxxi +27 Silver Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

crabby rat +25 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

TurtleLvr +19

pineknott +17

CLLinda +9

lhasaapsolady +8

greyhoundgrandma +7

cshort +6

Needle Arts +5

prettywoman030981 +4

Ravenaier +4

walker1021 +4

fc1123 +2

yarn_geek +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

unicorn37757 +1

Holding Steady!

Abigail1280 0

Amibel 0

dragonpuck 0

HollyzHobbyz 0

kraftynkrazy 0

New Yarn!

marpan79 -16

cris -17

tnkycrochetnut -23

sahm2g1b -26

FrLopLady -40 Shoot the Moon!!! -Tag, you're it!:devil

If I made any mistakes or forgot anyone, let me know and I'll fix it!:)

It's not really going to make much of a difference, but my score shoud be -21. :yes

Archived