crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Kuddles, enjoy your time with DD and have lots of fun!!

Thanks! I'm sure gonna try!

You're so sweet!! :hug

:turtle:vheart

No, YOU are!

Thanks Mama! :hug

You deserve it!

Love the bright summer colors. And it sure is nice of you to do this for her. Most co-workers don't even want to give the time of day to their cubicle mates, much less a gift. You are a wonderful person! (no matter what Sue has already told me about you)

Sue is a known liar. We only put up with her to get the tote patterns. She is simply :devil.

Having said all of that.....................would NOT have her any other way!

Thanks for the kudos. I simply enjoy making and giving. I'm a giver! I should make myself a patch! :yes

kuddles

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is the tote/purse I have been working on. I just have to sew the lining in and possibly block it (have never done it before so not sure if i want to) It is made out of Noro yarn. I like the colors of this yarn, but it varied in thickness from really thick to almost thread thin. this is the front and back view

post-22534-135897663573_thumb.jpg

post-22534-135897663579_thumb.jpg

Hi Ducky:

Wow your totes are lovely and it brightened up my morning to see some of your works.....

thank you for sharing some of your totes with us....

hugs

Lillibet

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

Love it!

I posted this in off topic too, but here's a picture of my new furbaby! We can't bring her home yet though, she's too little. State law dictates she has to be 2 or 2.5 lbs before she can be officially adopted out. But I put down money to hold her as mine. She is a dilute calico.

So cute! She's a doll.

Cute little furbaby there Shell :manyheart

Well, after getting back to my sbt, I've decided it's not very 'boyish' so will just have to pick better colors with that specific thought in mind :think

Nite nite ladies :c9

Go with camo. can't go wrong with camo for a boy. :hook

Well you enablers have done it!! :crocheting:devil. I have started on my second one, this one is for my MIL. The yarn I am using for these are from her Mother's stash. My youngest dd picked out the colors - two shades of blue. I am already on row 9, but need to stop and go to bed.

Good choice. Love blues. :)

My hubby and I went to the zoo with our youngest and his classmates today for their field trip - it was fun! :) [ATTACH]40056[/ATTACH] I'm a little pink now... haha... I haven't gotten any crocheting done for a few days now. Tomorrow I plan to mow the lawn (my eldest is visiting my Dad, it's usually his job - but he leaves for the rest of his Army training for the summer so I volunteered to keep the lawn mowed) (and the 2nd born is going to visit HIS Dad starting tomorrow... the younger two are just too young... :lol) because it should be day 3 of no rain and the temps aren't supposed to be too grueling... it's also the next-to-the-last day of school for the younger two (the older two are done already) and they get out at 11:38 AM. (Why such a weird time? Beats me...) Soooo - ANYHOW I plan to see about getting some hooky time in tomorrow after the lawn. Wish me luck!!! :D

Cool pics! Love the zebras.. and giraffes... and hippos... and... love the zoo! :lol Luck mowing. Hope you have a riding mower. So much easier.

Good morning and another hot/humid one on tap for today! I'm actually looking forward to a day in Paradise today- with AC!!

I started yet another SBT last night- in cotton. I'm a little over half done- and hopefully when I trek out to the garage to go to "paradise", I have another ball of the cotton I'm using since I ran out! I'm thinking with all cotton I should have gone down a hook size- but it's too late now!! this will be a kind of market bag, stash buster tote style!!!

Hope you all have a good day- and those of you in the swap----We got our partners!!!!!:clap:yay

See you later!

Supposed to be hot here through the weekend. 90's. :angry I went down to an on my cotton. The last tote with cotton ease... I forgot and went down to an H. oops. So it's a bit smaller. :crocheting

Well, its official. I no longer work part time at the Marine Science Center...

I WORK FULL TIME!!! 20 hours in the turtle hospital, 20 hours in the bird hospital! It starts after vacation! :cheer

Congrats!!! :yay:yay:yay:hug

After today, there will be less posts from me for a few days. My DD and I are taking a short vaca till Saturday! She gets to go to an amusement park so you can imagine how excited she is! Yup I'll be taking my project bag! I was commissioned to make a poncho for an 8 year old girl (friend at work's granddaughter) but you KNOW I'll also work on SBTs!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

kuddles

Have lotsa fun. :) Don't forget sunscreen. :) Love your tote. I like the white all through it. Looks summery.

I'm off to work, it's payday and it will be hectic. Didn't get to crochet last night, was too tired after yesterday's horrible day. Hopefully tonight I'll get some time in to crochet.

Everyone have a great day and happy crocheting!

Hope you get rested and get to crochet later on. :hook

here is the tote/purse I have been working on. I just have to sew the lining in and possibly block it (have never done it before so not sure if i want to) It is made out of Noro yarn. I like the colors of this yarn, but it varied in thickness from really thick to almost thread thin. this is the front and back view

Very cool pattern! love it! :clap

Have lotsa fun. :) Don't forget sunscreen. :) Love your tote. I like the white all through it. Looks summery.

Thanks! I just gave her the tote and I got a big hug and a thank you! I *think* I made her day so it was sooooo worth the effort!

My DD is so excited and thanks for the reminder of the sunscreen!!!

kuddles

I WORK FULL TIME!!! 20 hours in the turtle hospital, 20 hours in the bird hospital! It starts after vacation! :cheer

YAY! congrats!

That is really pretty!

Thanks! I just gave her the tote and I got a big hug and a thank you! I *think* I made her day so it was sooooo worth the effort!

My DD is so excited and thanks for the reminder of the sunscreen!!!

kuddles

so nice when a gift is appreciated!

Have fun on your vaca

Work went quickly today :whew I went to walmart after since I just needed rhss. Ended up with the one I needed plus 2 more to make a 'girl' bag and hoping this one works as a 'boy' bag to send down Toni's way. I also picked up some fun stuff to put in them. Coloring book and crayons for each, a little card game for each, fun pencils for each with sharpener, and jump rope for the girl and a small nerf football for the boy. I decided that it would be nice for a child in that situation to get some things to let them continue to be a child :think

What a wonderful idea and so nice of you! :cheer

I posted this in off topic too, but here's a picture of my new furbaby! We can't bring her home yet though, she's too little. State law dictates she has to be 2 or 2.5 lbs before she can be officially adopted out. But I put down money to hold her as mine. She is a dilute calico.

Oh, she's adorable!

Well you enablers have done it!! :crocheting:devil. I have started on my second one, this one is for my MIL. The yarn I am using for these are from her Mother's stash. My youngest dd picked out the colors - two shades of blue. I am already on row 9, but need to stop and go to bed.

:rofl We warned you!:lol

My hubby and I went to the zoo with our youngest and his classmates today for their field trip - it was fun! :) [ATTACH]40056[/ATTACH] I'm a little pink now... haha... I haven't gotten any crocheting done for a few days now. Tomorrow I plan to mow the lawn (my eldest is visiting my Dad, it's usually his job - but he leaves for the rest of his Army training for the summer so I volunteered to keep the lawn mowed) (and the 2nd born is going to visit HIS Dad starting tomorrow... the younger two are just too young... :lol) because it should be day 3 of no rain and the temps aren't supposed to be too grueling... it's also the next-to-the-last day of school for the younger two (the older two are done already) and they get out at 11:38 AM. (Why such a weird time? Beats me...) Soooo - ANYHOW I plan to see about getting some hooky time in tomorrow after the lawn. Wish me luck!!! :D

The zoo is always a nice field trip! Be careful mowing!

Good morning and another hot/humid one on tap for today! I'm actually looking forward to a day in Paradise today- with AC!!

I started yet another SBT last night- in cotton. I'm a little over half done- and hopefully when I trek out to the garage to go to "paradise", I have another ball of the cotton I'm using since I ran out! I'm thinking with all cotton I should have gone down a hook size- but it's too late now!! this will be a kind of market bag, stash buster tote style!!!

Hope you all have a good day- and those of you in the swap----We got our partners!!!!!:clap:yay

See you later!

Hurray! We got our partners!!! I'm sure the cotton tote is going to be wonderful. How many skeins does it take to make one?

congrats!!!! :clap

Good morning! Just a quick shout out to everyone! Totes are beautiful, that kitty is so cute (I also had a calico in the past!) and yup, got our tote swap partners so I'm on :c9 today!

After today, there will be less posts from me for a few days. My DD and I are taking a short vaca till Saturday! She gets to go to an amusement park so you can imagine how excited she is! Yup I'll be taking my project bag! I was commissioned to make a poncho for an 8 year old girl (friend at work's granddaughter) but you KNOW I'll also work on SBTs!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

kuddles

Enjoy your vaca! We'll miss you! :hug

Well just wanted to share my tote that I just finished (this morning!) for the receptionist at work. She works her you-know-what off! I previously showed her my cotton tote that I made for myself (like the southwest tote I posted) and found out she too loves pink and orange together! I had just enough yarn left to make another bag IF I used white as the color I held throughout.

She will get it this morning as a gift! She deserves it and well, I can't help myself!

kuddles

Very pretty! So nice of you to do that for a co-worker!

I'm off to work, it's payday and it will be hectic. Didn't get to crochet last night, was too tired after yesterday's horrible day. Hopefully tonight I'll get some time in to crochet.

Everyone have a great day and happy crocheting!

Hope you have a better day! :hug

Very nice! :clap

Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is having a good day! Boy is ever hard to post when DH is yapping in my ear constantly! :lol Doesn't he know that I have important things to do today! I had to see what my friends were up to here and if I had my swap partner! Geez! Men! LOL! They get talkative at the worst moments! :lol Not sure what I'll be working on today, but I'll be :crocheting something! :hug everyone!

Well, I did not check in yesterday and now I am pages behind! In my quick skimming through posts, I saw a lot of gorgeous totes, a great looking baby blanket, and a really cute kitten.

Sorry about the tortoise that had to be euthanized. :hugSounds like it was the best choice for him or her though.

Alright, I've made it to today's posts....

Zebra pics are great. I've always found their coloring to be amazing, such definition of the colors. Zoo field trips were always fun. I buy my daughter and sil family a family zoo pass every year, so that I can still go there with kids. The Zoo here is quite an expensive outing for a family, (I think admission is $12 for an adult and $6 for children over three), but a family pass is only around $75 for a year. The pass I buy allows them to take two guests with them.

Sue, congrats on the full time job!!:cheer

Kuddles have fun on your mini vacation. Beautiful tote.

Tonya, that is a pretty tote.

Ann, I know what you mean about your dh yapping at you constantly. My dh does that too, but only if I'm on-line or counting stitches.

Hi ladies!

Hope everyone is having a good day! Boy is ever hard to post when DH is yapping in my ear constantly! :lol Doesn't he know that I have important things to do today! I had to see what my friends were up to here and if I had my swap partner! Geez! Men! LOL! They get talkative at the worst moments! :lol Not sure what I'll be working on today, but I'll be :crocheting something! :hug everyone!

:waving have a good day too!! Yes Men do talk at the wrong time:lol

Love this pattern. It was added to my Rav que a few weeks ago. Now you are giving me inspiration to make one. It is beautiful!:clap

Ann, I know what you mean about your dh yapping at you constantly. My dh does that too, but only if I'm on-line or counting stitches.

:waving have a good day too!! Yes Men do talk at the wrong time:lol

:lol I do love him dearly, but he always starts talking as soon as I go on-line or am counting stitches! I could be mindlessly going along :crocheting, then need to count and in he'll come and want to talk! :eek Glad you ladies understand! :lol

well until now I have been working on this round ripple (the one to be raffled off at the family reunion) and I think partly because it is TOO HOT to have an afghan on my lap and partly because I am missing the almost instant gratification of a tote, I put it on hold for just a minute or two:devil. I am starting SBT #6. I wanted to try something a little different so I will let you know how it works out. Haven't been here as much either, so I am behind on all the posts and new totes. All the totes I have seen are just simply lovely! Thanks for sharing as well as the ideas for new color combinations!

im gonna be real busy for a while but i can still keep up with this thread...i got my partner in the tote purse swap! its frloplady MARY!!! now i have to decide which "thingy" to make for her and what other goodies i can include

:cheer:cheer:cheer:clap:clap

We're under a tornado watch! Don't know how much I'll be on today! What the heck, this is Massachusetts! :eek Yeah, I know we get them, but seems like it's been more lately. Better go get my stuff ready so I can :crocheting. Girl has to have something to do if she can't play on the computer! :devil

We're under a tornado watch! Don't know how much I'll be on today! What the heck, this is Massachusetts! :eek Yeah, I know we get them, but seems like it's been more lately. Better go get my stuff ready so I can :crocheting. Girl has to have something to do if she can't play on the computer! :devil

Stay safe Ann. :hug And make sure to keep your stash safe too!!! :rofl

:sun ……….. ~.~.~.~.~Afternoon all~.~.~.~.~.~

ducky……… Wow… beautiful totes hon! Like the Rainbow ones… hehehehehe

Stephanie ….. beautiful tote dear! Love the bright red!

Oh Joanne……… love the tote and blanket!!! You know … I haven’t done a SBT in cotton yet. Hmmmm… might need to try it. I want to felt one too.

Aww… Shell……… what a sweet little kitty! Congrats on your new furbaby!

Hahahahaha Lisa………… you’re hooked now! J

Mary……. I love each and everyone of your mass quantity of totes!

Melani ……. How fun to go to the zoo. We’re hoping to get a zoo trip in this summer …. As soon as hubby is given the all clear.

:yay… Congrats Sue on the full time work!!!

Hey kuddles……….. love that pink and orange tote!!!

What an awesome tote tonya!!!

LOL… Ann! Men… they can be so clueless sometimes… LOL Stay safe sweetie!

Oh… cant wait to see your “something alittle different” …. Valerie

:heart

:mug

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Thank you everyone!!!! •¨¯`•

for all you're lovely compliments and concerns! :hug Love you guys!

Well......... I tested this tote for Sue. Waited till I had the couple little goodies done I want to send with it done before I showed it off... :D

Thank you Sue for letting me test! I LOVE this bag!

And here we have........... Hobo Hearts Tote with a can cozie and a hook holder.

post-18634-135897663618_thumb.jpg

I also only did two rows of hearts... next one I make I'm going to make with all three rows. :hook

post-18634-135897663615_thumb.jpg

Oh yes keep the yarn safe and dry!!!

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Thank you everyone!!!! •¨¯`•

for all you're lovely compliments and concerns! :hug Love you guys!

Well......... I tested this tote for Sue. Waited till I had the couple little goodies done I want to send with it done before I showed it off... :D

Thank you Sue for letting me test! I LOVE this bag!

And here we have........... Hobo Hearts Tote with a can cozie and a hook holder.

[ATTACH]40077[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]40078[/ATTACH]

I also only did two rows of hearts... next one I make I'm going to make with all three rows. :hook

WOW! Love how this looks in pink!! Lovely extras! GREAT job!

kuddles

Archived