crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Very nice tote and blanket. Thank you on mine and yuck! too hot for no air. Hope you can get it all resolved before it gets really hot (as if 80s here isn't too hot!) I think it's the humidity down here that is so bad today though.

But hey, as long as you get to work in paradise... who needs to retire? :D:P

Hope your not too sore from all the riding you did today!!! And you are so right- why even think about retiring when I get to go to Paradise everyday?:lol:lol:lol Although I have at least almost 12 years to work before I would get my full SS (if it's still around) it's nice to dream that I could retire and crochet all day!!!:yes

It's hot/humid- that's always when someone's air conditioner goes kaput- never when it's NOT humid!!!:lol:lol

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted a picture of my tote last night on Facebook. So far, one cousin wants the pattern (another new addict, maybe?),:devil so I will be sending her to Turtlelover's etsy site!:cheer And one of my sister's wants me to make her one!:clap:

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hello fellow addicts!!!

Busy, busy day in Paradise today!!!

Well, my AC has decided to go kaput! The AC guy came today- and the coil was all frozen so he couldn't do anything. The AC is set on fan now- to melt all the ice on the coil and he said then he can tell if it can be fixed. My thought? not worth it- it's 17 years old- better to suck it up and and put a new central AC in that is more energy efficient. Downside to this? I'll never get to retire!:lol--but at least I'll have SBT's to keep me happy:yes

It's hot in the house- but now that the sun is starting to set, I've opened the sliding glass door and have a fan on and its actually ok- may just be sleeping down here tonight! Didn't weave the ends in yet, but here's a pic of the SBT with the blanket

Love the blankie and SBT!!! The colors are great! Sorry to hear about your AC. At least it isn't the middle of summer yet! Hope you get it fixed quick! :fan

So, I am the bucking bronc champ of these here parts... or should be. I have been riding my Arabian who hasn't been rode hardly at all. Well, he was trained a few years ago and then they owners gave him up to a shelter. They had him about 1 1/2 to 2 years and I got him in the fall. He was skin and bones. So got his weight back up (and over! he's fat now) and I've worked and worked with him. He's my shadow and we're best friends. I started riding him last week and we've done great. Today, I worked some with my dad's horse a while. Then I rode Simon. Don't know if he was jealous or what but he started acting up and then started bucking. :eek I stayed on though. :D but wow, am I tired.

Want to start another tote but may have to wait till tomorrow. <sigh>

Whew! I'm tired just reading this! :lol Hope you get some rest in and a little :crocheting too! :hug

Hello fellow addicts!!!

Well, my AC has decided to go kaput! The AC guy came today- and the coil was all frozen so he couldn't do anything. The AC is set on fan now- to melt all the ice on the coil and he said then he can tell if it can be fixed. My thought? not worth it- it's 17 years old- better to suck it up and and put a new central AC in that is more energy efficient. Downside to this? I'll never get to retire!:lol--but at least I'll have SBT's to keep me happy:yes

It's hot in the house- but now that the sun is starting to set, I've opened the sliding glass door and have a fan on and its actually ok- may just be sleeping down here tonight! Didn't weave the ends in yet, but here's a pic of the SBT with the blanket

AC going out is just so wrong!

LOVE the tote!

kuddles

.(

..(

...( Well......... this weekend was filled with crocheting. Hid in my closet to keep away from all the noise and distruction from my daughter and the grandkids. :(

I made another Stash Buster Tote yesterday.

This one is going to another fellow baseball mom! Hope she likes it!

I'm going to be starting another tote today ... my Aunt gave me 3 bags of yarn Sunday... so I'm gonna dig in there and just make one random colors. :hook

[ATTACH]40018[/ATTACH]

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

:heart

:mug

:lol:hug :hug :hug I'm hoping you have a closet like one of my cousins does if y'all are hiding there :lol Can't wait to see the color combo you come up with :bounce Love this one :manyheart

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

All are gorgeous :manyheart My eyes draw to the last one :yes But all that color changing :eek

Finally got a pic of the tote for the horse silent auction. It's Cotton Ease terracotta and white. I know. I left a roll out.

Very pretty....even with a missing 'roll' :wink Red is very eye catching.

Hello fellow addicts!!!

Busy, busy day in Paradise today!!!

Love all the totes----Ducky- love all of them-- and I must say----I'm so glad to see some pics of the ones you've made- they are beautiful!!

Stephanie- Love the terracotta and white together!

Tam- Love the one you made--Sorry that you have to hide out in the closet!! How big is that closet that the boys can watch a movie in there? :think Or do they have a portable DVD player?

Love sbt to match the ghan :yay:clap

Work went quickly today :whew I went to walmart after since I just needed rhss. Ended up with the one I needed plus 2 more to make a 'girl' bag and hoping this one works as a 'boy' bag to send down Toni's way. I also picked up some fun stuff to put in them. Coloring book and crayons for each, a little card game for each, fun pencils for each with sharpener, and jump rope for the girl and a small nerf football for the boy. I decided that it would be nice for a child in that situation to get some things to let them continue to be a child :think

[ATTACH]40018[/ATTACH]

Love it!

Did someone mention a cruise??? Like in a crochet cruise?? Now that would be lots of fun!!

Crochet cruise would be a BLAST!

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

LOVE them! Especially the brown

Finally got a pic of the tote for the horse silent auction. It's Cotton Ease terracotta and white. I know. I left a roll out.
Very pretty

I posted this in off topic too, but here's a picture of my new furbaby! We can't bring her home yet though, she's too little. State law dictates she has to be 2 or 2.5 lbs before she can be officially adopted out. But I put down money to hold her as mine. She is a dilute calico.

post-44633-135897663523_thumb.jpg

Well you enablers have done it!! :crocheting:devil. I have started on my second one, this one is for my MIL. The yarn I am using for these are from her Mother's stash. My youngest dd picked out the colors - two shades of blue. I am already on row 9, but need to stop and go to bed.

Cute little furbaby there Shell :manyheart

Well, after getting back to my sbt, I've decided it's not very 'boyish' so will just have to pick better colors with that specific thought in mind :think

Nite nite ladies :c9

Cute little furbaby there Shell :manyheart

Well, after getting back to my sbt, I've decided it's not very 'boyish' so will just have to pick better colors with that specific thought in mind :think

Nite nite ladies :c9

Marisa I have one in my bunch that I made for my grandson.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FrLopLady/stash-buster-tote it's the 15th one in the pictures

I just finished what I think is #23. It's made a trip to Montana and back and still wasn't done..so then I took it over to the coast (another 150 miles lol) and finally got it finished tonight.

I like the bags I make..this one I REALLY like :D

I also bought a hook and some yarn for my grand daughter who I am visiting. She said crocheting was more fun that playing :rofl She worked on it for about 5-10 minutes at a time, but had picked it up 3 or 4 times over the evening. :hook gonna make a good kind of happy hooker outta that kid!:crocheting

LOVE IT!! I think you should definitely keep that one! I also think that 5 - 10 minutes at a time is perfect, keeps her from getting frustrated... :) Way to go!! :hug

.(

..(

...( Well......... this weekend was filled with crocheting. Hid in my closet to keep away from all the noise and distruction from my daughter and the grandkids. :(

I'm going to be starting another tote today ... my Aunt gave me 3 bags of yarn Sunday... so I'm gonna dig in there and just make one random colors. :hook

[ATTACH]40018[/ATTACH]

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

:heart

:mug

Looks great, Tam! It's a good thing you have a Queen Size Closet to hide in... I'd get claustrophobic in my closet!! :lol

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

Love the totes, Ducky!! :tup

Turned out GREAT! :yay I don't know how you can tell whether or not you left a row out - unless you enlarge the photo enough to count them, and who really has time for that anyway? :lol

Hello fellow addicts!!!

So sorry to hear your A/C is out... :( But I have to say your blanket and SBT are gorgeous!! :tup

Work went quickly today :whew I went to walmart after since I just needed rhss. Ended up with the one I needed plus 2 more to make a 'girl' bag and hoping this one works as a 'boy' bag to send down Toni's way. I also picked up some fun stuff to put in them. Coloring book and crayons for each, a little card game for each, fun pencils for each with sharpener, and jump rope for the girl and a small nerf football for the boy. I decided that it would be nice for a child in that situation to get some things to let them continue to be a child :think

WONDERFUL idea!!! :D

I posted this in off topic too, but here's a picture of my new furbaby! We can't bring her home yet though, she's too little. State law dictates she has to be 2 or 2.5 lbs before she can be officially adopted out. But I put down money to hold her as mine. She is a dilute calico.

Awww, she's a cutie!! Got a name picked out for her yet???

My hubby and I went to the zoo with our youngest and his classmates today for their field trip - it was fun! :)post-25611-135897663546_thumb.jpg I'm a little pink now... haha... I haven't gotten any crocheting done for a few days now. Tomorrow I plan to mow the lawn (my eldest is visiting my Dad, it's usually his job - but he leaves for the rest of his Army training for the summer so I volunteered to keep the lawn mowed) (and the 2nd born is going to visit HIS Dad starting tomorrow... the younger two are just too young... :lol) because it should be day 3 of no rain and the temps aren't supposed to be too grueling... it's also the next-to-the-last day of school for the younger two (the older two are done already) and they get out at 11:38 AM. (Why such a weird time? Beats me...) Soooo - ANYHOW I plan to see about getting some hooky time in tomorrow after the lawn. Wish me luck!!! :D

She is so cute Shell! Have you decided on a name yet?

Well you enablers have done it!! :crocheting:devil. I have started on my second one, this one is for my MIL.

:rofl :rofl

I scrolled thru all the messages and saw some very pretty totes (and afghan). Everyone is so busy!! I'm on row 23 of the granny go round. Loving this pattern too. Maybe this will be my newest favorite.

Good morning and another hot/humid one on tap for today! I'm actually looking forward to a day in Paradise today- with AC!!

Love the pic of the zebra's- and zoos are great places to go on class trips! Good luck today mowing the lawn and getting in some hooky time!

I started yet another SBT last night- in cotton. I'm a little over half done- and hopefully when I trek out to the garage to go to "paradise", I have another ball of the cotton I'm using since I ran out! I'm thinking with all cotton I should have gone down a hook size- but it's too late now!! this will be a kind of market bag, stash buster tote style!!!

Hope you all have a good day- and those of you in the swap----We got our partners!!!!!:clap:yay

See you later!

Shell- The furbaby is just adorable!!!!!

Jana- A new tote addiction? I can't stop making the SBT!! I was going to go back to the granny go round tote- but I opted to start a brightly colored cotton one instead. Just too hot to concentrate on something new-

Have fun and can't wait to see pics!

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FrLopLady/stash-buster-tote it's the 15th one in the pictures

Thanks Mary, that is a nice one for a boy. The one I'm working on now is like your yellow one....just a shade or 2 darker :think When I'm not looking at I think I can pass it off for a boy, then I look at it again and quickly say no way :lol Maybe I'll use this one for the girl and stash the 2 skeins I picked up last night :think:lol

My hubby and I went to the zoo with our youngest and his classmates today for their field trip - it was fun! :) [ATTACH]40056[/ATTACH] I'm a little pink now... haha... I haven't gotten any crocheting done for a few days now. Tomorrow I plan to mow the lawn (my eldest is visiting my Dad, it's usually his job - but he leaves for the rest of his Army training for the summer so I volunteered to keep the lawn mowed) (and the 2nd born is going to visit HIS Dad starting tomorrow... the younger two are just too young... :lol) because it should be day 3 of no rain and the temps aren't supposed to be too grueling... it's also the next-to-the-last day of school for the younger two (the older two are done already) and they get out at 11:38 AM. (Why such a weird time? Beats me...) Soooo - ANYHOW I plan to see about getting some hooky time in tomorrow after the lawn. Wish me luck!!! :D

Gorgeous zebras....maybe they can use a zebra print SBT :think:rofl Good luck finding some hook time after taking care of the lawn :xfin

My A/C works. You can retire at my house. :hug

So, I am the bucking bronc champ of these here parts... or should be. I have been riding my Arabian who hasn't been rode hardly at all. Well, he was trained a few years ago and then they owners gave him up to a shelter. They had him about 1 1/2 to 2 years and I got him in the fall. He was skin and bones. So got his weight back up (and over! he's fat now) and I've worked and worked with him. He's my shadow and we're best friends. I started riding him last week and we've done great. Today, I worked some with my dad's horse a while. Then I rode Simon. Don't know if he was jealous or what but he started acting up and then started bucking. :eek I stayed on though. :D but wow, am I tired.

Want to start another tote but may have to wait till tomorrow. <sigh>

I had a horse who's entire purpose in life was to try and kill me. :lol

Brillant idea!!

Oh my gosh! She's GORGEOUS! I love calicos, I have 2. :)

Well you enablers have done it!! :crocheting:devil.

That's what we are here for. :D

Only you (and 1 other) can say "its the 15th one in the picture" :rofl

My hubby and I went to the zoo with our youngest and his classmates today for their field trip - it was fun! :) [ATTACH]40056[/ATTACH] I'm a little pink now... haha... I haven't gotten any crocheting done for a few days now. Tomorrow I plan to mow the lawn (my eldest is visiting my Dad, it's usually his job - but he leaves for the rest of his Army training for the summer so I volunteered to keep the lawn mowed) (and the 2nd born is going to visit HIS Dad starting tomorrow... the younger two are just too young... :lol) because it should be day 3 of no rain and the temps aren't supposed to be too grueling... it's also the next-to-the-last day of school for the younger two (the older two are done already) and they get out at 11:38 AM. (Why such a weird time? Beats me...) Soooo - ANYHOW I plan to see about getting some hooky time in tomorrow after the lawn. Wish me luck!!! :D

Love the zebras!! Have fun mowing. With my allergies I'd die if I mowed. :lol

I scrolled thru all the messages and saw some very pretty totes (and afghan). Everyone is so busy!! I'm on row 23 of the granny go round. Loving this pattern too. Maybe this will be my newest favorite.

:devil

:turtle:vheart

Well, its official. I no longer work part time at the Marine Science Center...

I WORK FULL TIME!!! 20 hours in the turtle hospital, 20 hours in the bird hospital! It starts after vacation! :cheer

I WORK FULL TIME!!! 20 hours in the turtle hospital, 20 hours in the bird hospital! It starts after vacation! :cheer

:eek

That is just so awesome! So proud of my 'little girl'!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

kuddles

Good morning! Just a quick shout out to everyone! Totes are beautiful, that kitty is so cute (I also had a calico in the past!) and yup, got our tote swap partners so I'm on :c9 today!

After today, there will be less posts from me for a few days. My DD and I are taking a short vaca till Saturday! She gets to go to an amusement park so you can imagine how excited she is! Yup I'll be taking my project bag! I was commissioned to make a poncho for an 8 year old girl (friend at work's granddaughter) but you KNOW I'll also work on SBTs!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

kuddles

Well just wanted to share my tote that I just finished (this morning!) for the receptionist at work. She works her you-know-what off! I previously showed her my cotton tote that I made for myself (like the southwest tote I posted) and found out she too loves pink and orange together! I had just enough yarn left to make another bag IF I used white as the color I held throughout.

She will get it this morning as a gift! She deserves it and well, I can't help myself!

kuddles

post-17419-13589766357_thumb.jpg

Well just wanted to share my tote that I just finished (this morning!) for the receptionist at work. She works her you-know-what off! I previously showed her my cotton tote that I made for myself (like the southwest tote I posted) and found out she too loves pink and orange together! I had just enough yarn left to make another bag IF I used white as the color I held throughout.

She will get it this morning as a gift! She deserves it and well, I can't help myself!

kuddles

You're so sweet!! :hug

Congrats Sue!!! I know you're so excited to be working full time there!!!

Kuddles, enjoy your time with DD and have lots of fun!!

I'm off to work, it's payday and it will be hectic. Didn't get to crochet last night, was too tired after yesterday's horrible day. Hopefully tonight I'll get some time in to crochet.

Everyone have a great day and happy crocheting!

:eek

That is just so awesome! So proud of my 'little girl'!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

kuddles

Thanks Mama! :hug

Congrats Sue!!! I know you're so excited to be working full time there!!!

Kuddles, enjoy your time with DD and have lots of fun!!

I'm off to work, it's payday and it will be hectic. Didn't get to crochet last night, was too tired after yesterday's horrible day. Hopefully tonight I'll get some time in to crochet.

Everyone have a great day and happy crocheting!

Thanks Sherry. I hope today is better. :hug

I have to find a time to bring Aubrey and James (maybe Danielle too??) up to see you. Aubrey would love to see not only all the creatures, but also her buddy Sue. Congrats my friend!!! :cheer

kuddles

Love the bright summer colors. And it sure is nice of you to do this for her. Most co-workers don't even want to give the time of day to their cubicle mates, much less a gift. You are a wonderful person! (no matter what Sue has already told me about you)

I have to find a time to bring Aubrey and James (maybe Danielle too??) up to see you. Aubrey would love to see not only all the creatures, but also her buddy Sue. Congrats my friend!!! :cheer

Love the bright summer colors. And it sure is nice of you to do this for her. Most co-workers don't even want to give the time of day to their cubicle mates, much less a gift. You are a wonderful person! (no matter what Sue has already told me about you)

I was going to say thanks, but then read the 2nd part of your message! :lol I miss Aubrey too! She's such a sweet girl...unlike her Grandma. :rofl

Archived