crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

I keep telling my DD (who is 6) that when she turns 7, I will start teaching her to crochet! We'll see how that goes......attention span of a gnat!

:rofl I don't know why, but I laughed so hard at your "gnat" comment. Guess cuz there is someone I know who is the same. No, Sue, not you. :lol

Sigh....you are really cruising! (Yes I said it!)

kuddles

Did someone mention a cruise??? Like in a crochet cruise?? Now that would be lots of fun!!

.(

..(

...( Well......... this weekend was filled with crocheting. Hid in my closet to keep away from all the noise and distruction from my daughter and the grandkids. :(

I made another Stash Buster Tote yesterday.

This one is going to another fellow baseball mom! Hope she likes it!

I'm going to be starting another tote today ... my Aunt gave me 3 bags of yarn Sunday... so I'm gonna dig in there and just make one random colors. :hook

[ATTACH]40018[/ATTACH]

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

:heart

:mug

Another beautiful tote! So sorry you have to hide in you closet. But sure hope it is one of those walk in kinds with good lighting. :hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rofl I don't know why, but I laughed so hard at your "gnat" comment. Guess cuz there is someone I know who is the same. No, Sue, not you. :lol

Did someone mention a cruise??? Like in a crochet cruise?? Now that would be lots of fun!!

Another beautiful tote! So sorry you have to hide in you closet. But sure hope it is one of those walk in kinds with good lighting. :hugThanks hon! :hug Yep... I have a really big closet! David...Michael...sometimes Patrick and I hide in there ... the boys watch movies and I crochet!

goodmorning my fellow hookers :lol

i decided yesterday despite what pain i had i was going to crochet

coming along fairly well with SBT for my boss. pain is almost non exhistant today. considering i think i slpt on every spare pillow in the house, and my furbabies slept on me

.(

..(

...( Well......... this weekend was filled with crocheting. Hid in my closet to keep away from all the noise and distruction from my daughter and the grandkids. :(

I'm going to be starting another tote today ... my Aunt gave me 3 bags of yarn Sunday... so I'm gonna dig in there and just make one random colors. :hook

[ATTACH]40018[/ATTACH]

Beautiful tote. love the colors. Maybe you should stick dd and her kids in the closet instead of you having to hide in there! :D Seriously, with all you have going on in your life, you have been more than gracious. Sometimes, momma birds just have to give a little shove out of the nest. Right now is a time when you need to be able to concentrate on your hubby, son and younger children that should still be at home without feeling like you are torn into a million parts. Praying that it all works out for you. :hug

Did ya snort when you laughed? Cause if not, I need to try a lot harder!

Ahhhhh crochet cruise.......

kuddles

.(

..(

[ATTACH]40018[/ATTACH]

Great bag. :hug to you and the boys! :hug

I knew that wasn't me...though some days... :lol

We should cruise Jana! You, me, some yarn and I guess the hubbies could come along too. :clap

coming along fairly well with SBT for my boss. pain is almost non exhistant today. considering i think i slpt on every spare pillow in the house, and my furbabies slept on me

Glad you're feeling better! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Good afternoon all,

It was a crazy weekend for us. We're still unpacking and trying to get things in order. My home computer wasn't working, so we tried another monitor and it worked. Then I couldn't get on the internet, called for help and they had to send someone to the house. All I needed was a new modem. Today at work has been crazy, crazy. It's Mon/Tuesday and it's been a mess from the time I walked in the door!!

I did start on a tote last night and worked while on hold with the internet people. Hopefully I can do more tonight.

Good afternoon all,

It was a crazy weekend for us. We're still unpacking and trying to get things in order. My home computer wasn't working, so we tried another monitor and it worked. Then I couldn't get on the internet, called for help and they had to send someone to the house. All I needed was a new modem. Today at work has been crazy, crazy. It's Mon/Tuesday and it's been a mess from the time I walked in the door!!

I did start on a tote last night and worked while on hold with the internet people. Hopefully I can do more tonight.

:hug Just because I know you could use it! :hug

ok i think i have made yall suffer enough :lol

will be posting pictures shortly of three bags i have completed

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

post-39211-135897663431_thumb.jpg

post-39211-135897663436_thumb.jpg

post-39211-135897663439_thumb.jpg

good morning ladies :coffee

Last night I worked a few rounds of the market bag :D I'm going to try to run to the store after work to get the yellow I need to finish my sbt, but we'll see what the evening brings. I don't get off until 7 :eek Other than that, nothing new to report here this morning. Have a great 'monday' :lol I'm going to be thrown off all week :yes

Hope the day passes quickly with the thoughts of yarn shopping tonight! :hook

.(

..(

[ATTACH]40018[/ATTACH]

Pretty! Sorry you have to hide in your closet to get away! :hug

Oh, now doesn't that sounds wonderful! :c9

Glad you're feeling better! :hug

Good afternoon all,

Don't ya just hate those crazy days! :hug

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

Love them all!!!! :cheer

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

These are great. I love the brown one but then double taked on the striped ones. :lol. Very cool! may have to try that!

These are great. I love the brown one but then double taked on the stirped ones. :lol. Very cool! may have to try that!

the striped ones werent hard per se.....remembering to keep changing colors WAS

the coffee one is for my coffee crazed sis

Tam that one is very pretty!!

Hmm seems we did that discussion on the purse/tote exchange thread :lol

Did ya snort when you laughed? Cause if not, I need to try a lot harder!

Ahhhhh crochet cruise.......

kuddles

Cabo ??

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

These are great. I love the brown one but then double taked on the striped ones. :lol. Very cool! may have to try that!

I liked them, but agree that last one is really cool!!

Finally got a pic of the tote for the horse silent auction. It's Cotton Ease terracotta and white. I know. I left a roll out.

post-44513-135897663456_thumb.jpg

post-44513-135897663458_thumb.jpg

[attach]40022[/attach]

[attach]40023[/attach]

[attach]40024[/attach]

All of them are so pretty, but I have to say my fav is the coffee one. I'm a neutral color kinda girl.

Finally got a pic of the tote for the horse silent auction. It's Cotton Ease terracotta and white. I know. I left a roll out.

You left a ROLL out?? HUH??? :rofl Looks great no matter what you did

I posted a picture of my tote last night on Facebook. So far, one cousin wants the pattern (another new addict, maybe?),:devil so I will be sending her to Turtlelover's etsy site!:cheer And one of my sister's wants me to make her one!:clap:

Long day at work today and you all have been very chatty since I was last here!!!! :lol

I just got the e-mail. They decided to euthanize Cooter (tort whose leg was chewed off by a dog). Its sad, but she's way better off. She was the main reason I was so upset on Sat. I felt I was doing more harm than good, but I'm not authorized to euthanize. :(

:hug:hugI know it hurts your heart but at least he's not suffering any longer. You are a :turtle:angel

Hi ladies! Well, I kept to my plan and worked on my SBT today! I started out with a different plan for the second color, but didn't like it, so switched to the RHSS baby print like I had talked about before. I actually like it in this tote! The pic doesn't show the true colors. The main color is Pound of Love pastel green. I made it to match the baby ghan. They will be going to my DIL's sister. They are expecting the same week! :eek Their poor mother!

Love that color and the set! Very nice gift and yes, their poor mother!:lol

I just finished what I think is #23. It's made a trip to Montana and back and still wasn't done..so then I took it over to the coast (another 150 miles lol) and finally got it finished tonight.

I like the bags I make..this one I REALLY like :D

I also bought a hook and some yarn for my grand daughter who I am visiting. She said crocheting was more fun that playing :rofl She worked on it for about 5-10 minutes at a time, but had picked it up 3 or 4 times over the evening. :hook gonna make a good kind of happy hooker outta that kid!:crocheting

Love this one too and what fun, teaching your gd to be a hooker! :hook

.(

..(

[ATTACH]40018[/ATTACH]

Love it, but think like the others, dd and the kids need to be in closet not you!:blush

Good afternoon all,

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

[attach]

Love them all but :manyheart the neutral one! My kind of colors!

Very nice, bet it brings a good amount in.

Thanks Toni, you're an angel yourself. :hug

Very pretty Steph!!

I posted a picture of my tote last night on Facebook. So far, one cousin wants the pattern (another new addict, maybe?),:devil so I will be sending her to Turtlelover's etsy site!:cheer And one of my sister's wants me to make her one!:clap:

:cheer

Hello fellow addicts!!!

Busy, busy day in Paradise today!!!

Love all the totes----Ducky- love all of them-- and I must say----I'm so glad to see some pics of the ones you've made- they are beautiful!!

Stephanie- Love the terracotta and white together!

Tam- Love the one you made--Sorry that you have to hide out in the closet!! How big is that closet that the boys can watch a movie in there? :think Or do they have a portable DVD player?

Well, my AC has decided to go kaput! The AC guy came today- and the coil was all frozen so he couldn't do anything. The AC is set on fan now- to melt all the ice on the coil and he said then he can tell if it can be fixed. My thought? not worth it- it's 17 years old- better to suck it up and and put a new central AC in that is more energy efficient. Downside to this? I'll never get to retire!:lol--but at least I'll have SBT's to keep me happy:yes

It's hot in the house- but now that the sun is starting to set, I've opened the sliding glass door and have a fan on and its actually ok- may just be sleeping down here tonight! Didn't weave the ends in yet, but here's a pic of the SBT with the blanket

post-27163-135897663509_thumb.jpg

All of them are so pretty, but I have to say my fav is the coffee one. I'm a neutral color kinda girl.

You left a ROLL out?? HUH??? :rofl Looks great no matter what you did

aw, be nice. today has been a LOONG day. I've been in pain so I am not responsible for any typos or silly blunders. :P Roll, round... if you saw ME you would understand the words are interchangeable! :rofl

and then had to work with the horses.

Thanks Grannyannie, dobermama and Sue.

So, I am the bucking bronc champ of these here parts... or should be. I have been riding my Arabian who hasn't been rode hardly at all. Well, he was trained a few years ago and then they owners gave him up to a shelter. They had him about 1 1/2 to 2 years and I got him in the fall. He was skin and bones. So got his weight back up (and over! he's fat now) and I've worked and worked with him. He's my shadow and we're best friends. I started riding him last week and we've done great. Today, I worked some with my dad's horse a while. Then I rode Simon. Don't know if he was jealous or what but he started acting up and then started bucking. :eek I stayed on though. :D but wow, am I tired.

Want to start another tote but may have to wait till tomorrow. <sigh>

Hello fellow addicts!!!

Busy, busy day in Paradise today!!!

Stephanie- Love the terracotta and white together!

Well, my AC has decided to go kaput! The AC guy came today- and the coil was all frozen so he couldn't do anything. The AC is set on fan now- to melt all the ice on the coil and he said then he can tell if it can be fixed. My thought? not worth it- it's 17 years old- better to suck it up and and put a new central AC in that is more energy efficient. Downside to this? I'll never get to retire!:lol--but at least I'll have SBT's to keep me happy:yes

It's hot in the house- but now that the sun is starting to set, I've opened the sliding glass door and have a fan on and its actually ok- may just be sleeping down here tonight! Didn't weave the ends in yet, but here's a pic of the SBT with the blanket

Very nice tote and blanket. Thank you on mine and yuck! too hot for no air. Hope you can get it all resolved before it gets really hot (as if 80s here isn't too hot!) I think it's the humidity down here that is so bad today though.

But hey, as long as you get to work in paradise... who needs to retire? :D:P

Archived